• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
So, I decide to lurk as a guest for a while. And I end up seeing religion and fried foods. Huh...
---
My first console was a DS, and my first video game was Bubble Bobble Revolution. Look, I love me some Bubble Bobble, but trust me when I say that this game was broken.
...It's not exactly the ideal quality for first video game is all I'm saying.
Religion is a prominent aspect of one's life; which is the same for fried food. I am not sure why this surprises you... are you in Murica?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I'm kind of confused about that part as well. I guess to sum it up on my end, I supported the idea that the Original Dragon and Ancient Digimon are very identical, and used it to argue against the idea that Ancient Devolutions and Kyurem's case are similar, basically hinging on that point of them being distinct in personality. So it looks like at some point we agreed, but somewhere along the line the argument got jumbled and somehow, despite reaching that agreement, we were arguing the same point against each other.

It's kind of funny, we were just saying we weren't reaching an agreement on our arguments, and here's a point where we did agree and we still argued about it. :laugh:
Right. Talking around each other. Makes sense.

I can't find the exact text, but from the episodes I looked up, he doesn't make any differentiation in either version, he just says "What is going on here?" The movie does blatantly show that Team Plasma made them, and the context does potentially support the ruined lab N visited being where they were created, so the connection is there, but maybe not as strong.

Having said that, technically the Mewtwos could co-exist as while they have identical origins, they don't necessarily overwrite each other as nothing in the Genesect movie does so. It could just be a case where the first and second Mewtwo were been developed separately from each other by those different groups and just had similar backstories. Granted, it probably would still require some reworking, but not enough that it'd be impossible to reconcile.

It would be funny though if the two Mewtwos ever met and tried to compare backstories, I wonder how they'd react.

Yeah. It's really hard to take it into account without better information. What episode was it in what exact season? I could just rewatch it more properly. As for the two Mewtwos, that's what I think the helps makes it possible, but they need to actually find some to show they actually both exist, and one isn't just made up for the Movieverse only. Mewtwo(2) is pretty much based upon X/Y's variant respectively.

That's a completely fair point, it's entirely possible that all of them are canon, but we don't have the evidence to make it concrete. Due of that, I can understand being hesitant to treat them all as canon.
Pretty much. Only a few have evidence, thus, yep, definitely canon. Rest? Maybe. Better to be suspect. I don't think any movie at this point was completely debunk as non-canon period due to contradictions, at least. I think they didn't want to directly tie-in every movie to the actual anime, perhaps due to laziness or not caring. The attempt to do so has been somewhat lackluster besides a select few examples, after all.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Religion is a prominent aspect of one's life; which is the same for fried food. I am not sure why this surprises you... are you in Murica?
Tl;Dr: Yep.

Though since were all sharing views.
I'm a Christian now Agnostic. I was as the former most of my life. And it wasn't till really a long while ago became the latter. I just became lost, and currently I'm just in the middle.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How did I forget about Atari? For another Christmas I got an Atari Flashback, tons of Atari games packed into one console with no cartridges needed. I used to play it all the time with my family, we really enjoyed playing games together, like Combat, Outlaw, Frogger, Maze Craze etc. They enjoyed watching me play one player games like Centipede too.

Nowadays I rarely play it, store it in a shelf and plug in every now and then, mostly when my friends are over. It's great because they all really enjoy the games on it too. Most of them time we're taking turns playing 1 player games, or playing Combat and Outlaw against each other. Otherwise, they all just sit back and watch me play Adventure, laughing their butts off every time I freak out when I'm running away from/frantically trying to kill one of the dragons.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
How did I forget about Atari? For another Christmas I got an Atari Flashback, tons of Atari games packed into one console with no cartridges needed. I used to play it all the time with my family, we really enjoyed playing games together, like Combat, Outlaw, Frogger, Maze Craze etc. They enjoyed watching me play one player games like Centipede too.

Nowadays I rarely play it, store it in a shelf and plug in every now and then, mostly when my friends are over. It's great because they all really enjoy the games on it too. Most of them time we're taking turns playing 1 player games, or playing Combat and Outlaw against each other. Otherwise, they all just sit back and watch me play Adventure, laughing their butts off every time I freak out when I'm running away from/frantically trying to kill one of the dragons.
The only game I have for the Atari is a 32-in-1 compilation of multplayer 2600 games. I'll play it when my friends are over and things can get really intense. It's great that a lot of the games haven't aged one bit when you're playing with friends.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Though since were all sharing views.
I'm a Christian now Agnostic. I was as the former most of my life. And it wasn't till really a long while ago became the latter. I just became lost, and currently I'm just in the middle.
Pure Gnostic Atheist here. Everything can be explained through science, eventually.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Maybe it's the fact there actually WAS a satanist cult that lived here that DID sacrifice babies at an abandoned mental hospital
I'm genuinely curious about that. Got any links to articles about it?

EDIT: on an unrelated note, I'm 30586th in ranked Pokemon Single battles online. :happysheep:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm genuinely curious about that. Got any links to articles about it?

EDIT: on an unrelated note, I'm 30586th in ranked Pokemon Single battles online. :happysheep:
There are plenty of articles about the Haunted Asylum part of it

It was considered one of the most haunted places in the US

But I can't find an article about the cult

It had to be in the 80's though because one of my teachers was attacked and almost killed by them

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

It had to be in the 80's though because one of my teachers was attacked and almost killed by them
Was it the cult of the Yellow King?

/HBOreference

Morbi

Scavenger

Or you teacher is a liar!

Maybe it's the fact there actually WAS a satanist cult that lived here that DID sacrifice babies at an abandoned mental hospital
Fetuses... or babies?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There are so many different satanic groups it isn't even funny.

You got the ones like in the article @ Ta1nted_4ngel29 Ta1nted_4ngel29 posted the believe in selflessness.

The you got the ones Psycho mentioned. Cult crazy sacrificers.

In between ones.

And even worse ones.

Every other religion is basically the same way in some shape or form as well.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I was just joking around mate, I vaguely recall reading about it myself. Well, Satanists sacrificing fetuses and forcing their mothers to eat them.
But I thought stupidity was seen as one of the biggest sins of Satanism. :troll:

Joke

(My) head.
I meant that I thought those people in the quote were being stupid with the fetuses and stupidity is seen as a sin by some (or most?) Satanists. Or is it just the Church of Satan?

----

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
There are so many different satanic groups it isn't even funny.

You got the ones like in the article @ Ta1nted_4ngel29 Ta1nted_4ngel29 posted the believe in selflessness.

The you got the ones Psycho mentioned. Cult crazy sacrificers.

In between ones.

And even worse ones.

Every other religion is basically the same way in some shape or form as well.
Which is what makes me a devout Satanist, it is one of the most intriguing religions.

But I thought one of the great sins of Satanism was stupidity. :troll:

----
Joke

(My) head.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I figured out what CoD needs

The ability to choose a female character wearing camo bikini

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you congregate people with different ideas together you're going to get a lot of stupid one way or another

Religious or not

Edit: Look at the character boards

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I do not see the correlation between their cognitive functions and their action.
Well, if I did such things for whatever reasons, religious, ideological, or otherwise, would you not see me as ****ing insane or stupid? Maybe the word "stupid" was too tame.

And you like Robin, now? You used to obsessed with Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
When you congregate people with different ideas together you're going to get a lot of stupid one way or another

Religious or not

Edit: Look at the character boards
That's why I try to avoid things like that in real life, with the only exception being when it comes to games.

I would much rather just have a small tight-knit group of friends I trust then be apart of some kind of big group with a lot of people.

Morbi

Scavenger
That's why I try to avoid things like that in real life, with the only exception being when it comes to games.

I would much rather just have a small tight-knit group of friends I trust then be apart of some kind of big group with a lot of people.
Variety is not the spice of life, why experience something different when you can "congregate" with individuals who believe the same things as you? That would be caaaarrrrraaaaazzzzzy.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment."

Morbi

Scavenger

"Pic of the day. Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment."
Oh really now? Every Pokemon from the Greninja trailer will be included in Smash? I had no idea! This is big news, guise!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom