• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Correct. The Invitational ought to give you a taste before the events.

My college buddies and I are planning to arrange the trip to one of the BestBuys Saturday. Wednesday shall be a family affair.

MorbidAltruism :4greninja: Captain Hotcakes

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I really don't see Nintendo being that interested in Rare's IPs given that they have ones they own which are just as successful that they haven't bothered touching or lending out in years. It's a sad situation.
Love your sig Neon also Majora time guess what!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Tell me more, oh wise one.

(As Guybrush would say, Sauce please, Waiter)
I'm too lazy to go link the posts others made about them, but I'm sure the tweets are still on Xbox's twitter. I really only know about that from what others are commenting on. They've been tweeting about Nintendo things for a while now.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm looking forward to today's conferences nearly as much as nintendo, if only to riff on the content shown

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
In other news, today also marks 12 months of Smashboards membership. What an anniversary! Speaks of the new flux of members who came in on the caboose of the E3 hype train.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Yo so I saw this on Tumblr, think it's subtle confirmation that our robotic buddy is coming back in Smash 4. Not that he was ever really in danger anyhow.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Glad I'm not alone when it comes to Rare and the N64. My first ever console was a PS1 and there was only a sortie of memorable games that I never returned to even after it got busted. Gamecube was my first experience with Nintendo and it occupies a place in my heart N64 is to many 90s kids, LOL!
The Gamecube was my childhood video game console. I got it for Christmas after I saw a commercial for "Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom". The console also introduced me to Nacmo and Pac-man in particular, along with the Legend of Zelda, and in turn Nintendo. I got Namco Museum Arrangement and The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, in addition to getting the Spongebob game. I still own the same copies of all three of them, and they've gotten a bit worn of the years, although they still work. I haven't used the Gamecube itself though since late 2010, as the screen got very blurry whenever I would try to play a game on it.

So yeah, the Gamecube introduced me into a lot of great video game companies and their franchises.

I never owned a PS1, but my cousin brought hers to my house at one point. I was then introduced me to Crash Bandicoot, as well as a game called "Croc".

It was an incredibly fun game, but I never remembered what it was named, and her PS1 broke before she could bring it over again. I only recently heard of it's name just a few months ago here on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Yo so I saw this on Tumblr, think it's subtle confirmation that our robotic buddy is coming back in Smash 4. Not that he was ever really in danger anyhow.
What game is that?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
In other news, today also marks 12 months of Smashboards membership. What an anniversary! Speaks of the new flux of members who came in on the caboose of the E3 hype train.
I've been around since The Great MK Debate and I also was present as the Chudat Chronicles were being written.

Get off my lawn, whippersnapper~ *shakes a spindly branch*

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
My first Gamecube game was Super Smash bros. Melee. My brother and I immediately hooked it up. 2 minute time match. Bro picks DK. I pick Kirby with Blue recolor, thinking I was Ice Kirby. Picked Mute City. And so it all began.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
My first Gamecube game was Super Smash bros. Melee. My brother and I immediately hooked it up. 2 minute time match. Bro picks DK. I pick Kirby with Blue recolor, thinking I was Ice Kirby. Picked Mute City. And so it all began.
Same here, my mom got Melee with my Gamecube. I was alone with it though and my Mom got it for me because she "saw Pikachu on it" and thought I'd like it.

I've mained Pikachu ever since that day.

Morbi

Scavenger
Same here, my mom got Melee with my Gamecube. I was alone with it though and my Mom got it for me because she "saw Pikachu on it" and thought I'd like it.

I've mained Pikachu ever since that day.
Ah, that is so sweet. I have some memories with Melee as well, but I feel uncomfortable sharing them even though this is an anonymous environment.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My first console was either N64 or Game Boy Color...I think it was N64. First games were Mario Kart and Goldeneye. I got Game Boy Color for Pokemon Red. My first exposure to video games was SNES at my cousin's house...which was one of the reasons I loved visiting his house when I was a kid. I liked playing Super Mario World and Mario Kart there. I also tried out the Famicom at my grandma's house where there was some kind of adventure game and a Hello Kitty puzzle game.

Anyways, I've owned N64, Gamecube, and Wii...technically my family owned them, but I did get a second Gamecube from a friend for free right after graduating last year and we were moving out. I've personally owned Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advanced SP, DS Lite, and 3DS. Oh, my family also has an XBox 360 now, but my younger brother is the only one who ever plays it...I've only used it for Netflix.

Bummed I can't make any of the Best Buy dates for Smash. I have work until 8 on the 11th, and the nearest participating Best Buy is 45 minutes away...if I left right after work, I'd get there 15 minutes before it's supposed to end, so they will probably cut the line by then. As for Saturday, it starts at noon, but I have work at 2...which would mean I have to leave Best Buy at 1. Considering how long the line will probably be, I would have to camp out or something if I want to play before 1. And even if I get my shift covered for Saturday, I would probably choose to get a ride with a friend to visit Santa Barbara that weekend. So, I potentially am unable to play Smash at all. :(

Edit: Seriously, like 6 or 7 out of the 10 California locations are in Southern California...mostly around LA area.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well, it does say he is an official BRAWLer

He IS in Brawl

I don't think it hurts or helps

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I did not realize that we were in Japan. I must have been filtering all of the posts to English in my mind. I am talented like that.
the idea is that, while it could be taken as tacit confirmation of its return, it's not likely to
(not like it's being cut anyway)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
First game system was a Game Boy Color for either my birthday or Christmas in 1999. I had the opportunity to play the N64 at various friend's houses from time to time, and I enjoyed playing Mario Kart 64 and Smash Bros.

My first game that came with the GBC was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. Pretty sure Looney Tunes Collector: Alert was there as well.

Got my first actual console (an N64) for my birthday way later in 2004, and then a Gamecube for Christmas, which came along with Pikmin 2, SSBM, Pokemon Colosseum, Wind Waker, and this game called "MC Dance Groovz", or something like that. Pokemon Colosseum had this problem with saving, and my file kept being deleted, so I got rid of it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hoping to be able to see E3 live. It's going on IN LA, close to were I live, but I won't have the time to see it in person unfortunately. :/

Regardles, I'm still HYYYPED

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah while it could hint at its return it could just as easily be a nod to Brawl.
Did people think the FEA DLC "Smash Brethren" hinted at Ike and Roy's return?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
First game system was a Game Boy Color for either my birthday or Christmas in 1999. I had the opportunity to play the N64 at various friend's houses from time to time, and I enjoyed playing Mario Kart 64 and Smash Bros.

My first game that came with the GBC was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. Pretty sure Looney Tunes Collector: Alert was there as well.

Got my first actual console (an N64) for my birthday way later in 2004, and then a Gamecube for Christmas, which came along with Pikmin 2, SSBM, Pokemon Colosseum, Wind Waker, and this game called "MC Dance Groovz", or something like that. Pokemon Colosseum had this problem with saving, and my file kept being deleted, so I got rid of it.
I believe my first system was a Game Boy, though I only remember my first being a GB Color with that Pokemon theme design on it and a special yellow/blue color scheme. First Pokemon game was Red.

As for Colosseum, if you liked PMD you're going to looooooooooove Colosseum. I'm not sure why it's not saving well for you but that story is so worth it, trust me. If it won't save just see if you'd be able to leave it on constantly and just turn the TV off when you're done with it for the day. It's another one of those Pokemon spin off gems that really has not been duplicated in any way. XD downgraded for the most part and Battle Revolution was essentially torture.

Basically, don't let a save issue prevent you from doing a Colosseum run. I promise you won't regret it.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
My first console was a NES, followed by a N64 and a PS1. Then came the Gameboy Color wich i would later sell for a Gameboy Advance. After that I've got a PS2 and later a Nintendo Gamecube. Then i've got a Wii, after that a PS3. Then a PSP. I bought a Used DS but soon I got my hands on a 3DS. Througout all of this I was always also gaming on my PC's.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I decide to lurk as a guest for a while. And I end up seeing religion and fried foods. Huh...
---
My first console was a DS, and my first video game was Bubble Bobble Revolution. Look, I love me some Bubble Bobble, but trust me when I say that this game was broken.
...It's not exactly the ideal quality for first video game is all I'm saying.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My first consoles I got were a N64 and Atari 7200. Then I got a PS2, GBC, Gameboy Advance SP (which I found on the side of the road), DS and then a Wii. Around this time my GBC died so I bought a GBC and two original GB's off eBay. Then I got a PS3, 3DS, XBOX360 and my latest console the Wii U.

At some point my PS2 died, so I got a slim for a birthday but shortly after I fixed the old one. Unfortunately now the old one can't have any audio. My GBA died about a year after I found it but I got my DS shortly after.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom