• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
While Awakening had its quirks, it was a good game with good ideas all things considered. It definitely saved the Fire Emblem franchise's ***. The one thing that irked me was that none of the characters had freaking feet.
I agree. I can't say I'm a FE expert as I haven't played the entire series, but I think Awakening was quite good. It's still one of my favourite 3DS games. I knew going in that they had planned on making it different to the rest of the series, so I tried to play it with an open mind, and not compare it to the others.

The DLC makes the game way too easy, and so was changing classes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, yes it is. I'm a big fan of permadeath, but when I eventually try Lunatic mode, I'm using the casual setting.

Nice... FE9 was another one that I need to try. I've got such a long list of game that I'd like to play, I've just decided on only buying 1-2 full retail games a year, and mainly focusing on eshop, VC, and some older stuff as it is cheaper.

I think my favorite thing about FE would have to be the whole player-character dynamic. On their own, there aren't a ton of super great FE characters, but making the player care and go the extra mile to keep the units safe makes it one of the better war games I've played. I never cared if Soldier 102 died in Civ. Revolution, so I found myself making more mistakes.

Also: The music's pretty good too, and I really like the risk/reward dynamic, which can tie into the player/character dynamic.

So, let's further this conversation... have any favorite characters? Anyone?
I'm the opposite of you it seems, I l think the characters are wonderful and I have entire lists split by gender of my favorite characters. :laugh:
Anyways, here it is:
Females:
1. Nah
2. Lyn
3. Micaiah
4. Cherche
5. Louise
6. Sanaki
7. Astrid
8. Limstella
9. Olivia
10. Ilyana

Honorable Mentions: Sigrun, Nephenee, Noire, Cynthia, Nailah

Males:
1. Knoll
2. Soren
3. Stefan
4. Ephraim
5. Volke
6. Henry
7. Shinon
8. Naesala and Tibarn
9. Jaffar
10. Canas

Honorable Mentions: Nabari, Haar, Lon Qu, Gerome, Harken.

These are my favorites, but I've come to like all of the playable characters in the games I've played (except for Oliver, who I hate).

EDIT: For those of you interested, I would definitely recommend Rekka No Ken or Sacred Stones as a place to start (as those provide a feel for what "classic" Fire Emblem is like (Rekka no Ken especially) although Sacred Stones is open-world) and then go from there.

My personal order (in terms of favorite game) would have to be:
1. Sacred Stones
2. Radiant Dawn
3. Rekka No Ken
4. Awakening (I'm not terribly bothered by the changes they made)
5. Path of Radiance
6. Shadow Dragon

Last edited by a moderator:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
It was annoying, but I liked the dev's explanation.

How often are you staring at the character's feet? What character kicks to attack (In human form)?
I'm not quite sure really, but maybe I just notice it more during the serious scenes after chapter 11. lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice... FE9 was another one that I need to try. I've got such a long list of game that I'd like to play, I've just decided on only buying 1-2 full retail games a year, and mainly focusing on eshop, VC, and some older stuff as it is cheaper.

I think my favorite thing about FE would have to be the whole player-character dynamic. On their own, there aren't a ton of super great FE characters, but making the player care and go the extra mile to keep the units safe makes it one of the better war games I've played. I never cared if Soldier 102 died in Civ. Revolution, so I found myself making more mistakes.

Also: The music's pretty good too, and I really like the risk/reward dynamic, which can tie into the player/character dynamic.

So, let's further this conversation... have any favorite characters? Anyone?
Yeah, FE9 is going for a lot these days, it may help to look up privately owned game stores in your area. Most offer better deals than people online and often have monthly sales. I'd recommend taking a look at this awesome list to see if any are in your area:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22721

Agreed, in hindsight that's a huge aspect of the series. Favorite characters though? It depends on the game, but generally I like all the characters who appear in the Akaneia and Tellius series. Ike I would objectively say is the best written character in the series, while Marth is best characterized in FE12.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm the opposite of you it seems, I l think the characters are wonderful and I have entire lists split by gender of my favorite characters. :laugh:
Anyways, here it is:
Females:
1. Nah
2. Lyn
3. Micaiah
4. Cherche
5. Louise
6. Sanaki
7. Astrid
8. Limstella
9. Olivia
10. Ilyana

Honorable Mentions: Sigrun, Nephenee, Noire, Cynthia, Nailah

Males:
1. Knoll
2. Soren
3. Stefan
4. Ephraim
5. Volke
6. Henry
7. Shinon
8. Naesala and Tibarn
9. Jaffar
10. Canas

Honorable Mentions: Nabari, Haar, Lon Qu, Gerome, Harken.

These are my favorites, but I've come to like all of the playable characters in the games I've played (except for Oliver, who I hate).

EDIT: For those of you interested, I would definitely recommend Rekka No Ken or Sacred Stones as a place to start (as those provide a feel for what "classic" Fire Emblem is like (Rekka no Ken especially) although Sacred Stones is open-world) and then go from there.

My personal order (in terms of favorite game) would have to be:
1. Sacred Stones
2. Radiant Dawn
3. Rekka No Ken
4. Awakening (I'm not terribly bothered by the changes they made)
5. Path of Radiance
6. Shadow Dragon
Sorry, I stated that wrong. I LOVE the characters in FE, I think it's one of the biggest things that draws me to it. What I mean is that most of my favorites don't have extensive dialogue (Until Awakening), and the whole 'if they die they're gone forever' makes you care about them, thus making everything they say 'that' much better.

Yeah, FE9 is going for a lot these days, it may help to look up privately owned game stores in your area. Most offer better deals than people online and often have monthly sales. I'd recommend taking a look at this awesome list to see if any are in your area:

Agreed, in hindsight that's a huge aspect of the series. Favorite characters though? It depends on the game, but generally I like all the characters who appear in the Akaneia and Tellius series. Ike I would objectively say is the best written character in the series, while Marth is best characterized in FE12.
AHA! Now THAT'S what I needed! Thanks for the store list! :D

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Man, I just can't get hyped for this E3 other than for Sm4sh and Zelda U.
I guess that's a good thing, I'll avoid disappointments.
Unless the new Zelda sucks and we have little to no info regarding Sm4sh.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last E3 was just too boring. I hope this one surprises me.
Last year's "surprise" was Retro doing DK instead of Metroid...
Well, here's hopin'. Though at least Smash will be something. Since they're trying to hype up the game as much as they can for release.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Well, here's hopin'. Though at least Smash will be something. Since they're trying to hype up the game as much as they can for release.
Yeah on that I'm pretty sure we'll get LOADS of news, even more than we got on the April Direct.
I expect at least three newcomers, a bunch of veterans, a bunch of stages (especially these), the reveal of the WiiU adventure-like mode, in-depth analysis on the custom movesets, and even more.
All that without counting the TONS of in-game footage we'll get from the Invitational, the E3 floor demo and the Best Buy demo...
Man.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Gamera vs Godzilla will be epic, if Toho doesn't sue Wiz and Boomstick for copyright. :(

Speaking of Death Battlkes, we can all agree that Goku vs. Superman was the most controversial Death Batlle. Hell, I even knew Goku would die since I am aware of the current, overpowered Superman.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I...missed it. It was No-Drop Shopping Day!
A day to celebrate the invention of shopping carts!
Dammit,June 4!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Bookmarked.

Thanks for the list -- it's a pretty cool list of retro video game stores. There's none in my city, however, I'll be in Toronto for a couple of days next week, and there's like two retro stores Downtown. I may be able to check them out.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Gamera vs Godzilla will be epic, if Toho doesn't sue Wiz and Boomstick for copyright. :(

Speaking of Death Battlkes, we can all agree that Goku vs. Superman was the most controversial Death Batlle. Hell, I even knew Goku would die since I am aware of the current, overpowered Superman.
Oh yeah...

Man, those Goku fanboys are.... you know... fanboys...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Well,most of the requests were from DBZ fans.
Just like how Mega Man vs Astro Boy requesters are more MM fans.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So.... about the new Fire Emblem stage...

Are those actual dragons in the background or just statues of dragons? Because if they're actual dragons, then we get an awesome revelation... all the fights that happen in the Coliseum are solely for the entertainment of two dragons. Yep... 4 Smash Bros fighting in a coliseum just to entertain a couple of dragons.

that's actually really cool in a cosmic sort of way

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is KH now multi platform? Because if it is, it's the only PS4 title I was interested in.

Honestly, if it's multi platform now it's XBOX ONE all the way as far as I'm concerned.

Someone tried to convince me the PS4 was better because it was getting a lot of titles that are also on the PC

But wouldn't the PC version be better? PC version also will have mods.

I honestly haven't had a sony system since PS2 and I didn't have a lot of games for it so I'm not really attached to Sony IP's.

I mostly just had Square Enix games

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah...

Man, those Goku fanboys are.... you know... fanboys...
Yeah, there are 50% likes and dislikes on the video because of them. Their tears will be delicious to the Superman fans anyway.

I wonder if they were even butthurt about the character Suppa Man from Dr. Slump, who is basically a giant middle finger to the character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even if,Spider Man is probably the ultimate hero.

Batman is capable of defeating Superman,Spiderman is capable of killing Batman,etc,etc.

The only issue is that Deadpool could top that. But it's hard. Infinite Life versus Infinite Dodging

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The person also called me "Narrow minded" for not owning very many PS2 games

I didn't have a job when PS2 was out

Sorry I was poor

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The person also called me "Narrow minded" for not owning very many PS2 games

I didn't have a job when PS2 was out

Sorry I was poor
PS2 was Meh for me,but I did like some of its games. GTA:SA,COD:FH,God of War,etc.
It was fun,but I preferred the GCN.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The only game that got me to play the PS2 was Shadow of the Colossus. I was too busy Gamecubing to play much else on the PS2 aside from that Frogger Great Quest game my mom shoved down my throat at the time.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Is KH now multi platform? Because if it is, it's the only PS4 title I was interested in.

Honestly, if it's multi platform now it's XBOX ONE all the way as far as I'm concerned.

Someone tried to convince me the PS4 was better because it was getting a lot of titles that are also on the PC

But wouldn't the PC version be better? PC version also will have mods.

I honestly haven't had a sony system since PS2 and I didn't have a lot of games for it so I'm not really attached to Sony IP's.

I mostly just had Square Enix games
KH3 is coming out on both PS4 and Xbone yes.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They'll be fine. Toho only goes after people making money off their things. Otherwise the awesome fan film, Godzilla X Kaiju Killer wouldn't be online anymore.

Also, Godzilla Vs. Gamera is probably just as onesided as Superman vs. Goku. (Gamera's going to die a horrible death) :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom