• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why don't we take a break from debating and laugh at these clowns for their predictions?
Well, apart from a few corny jokes, most of the predictions aren't too terrible (I'd love an eShop demo for the 3DS).
And besides, they said themselves that quite a few of those will probably be disproven. So at least they're honest.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why don't we take a break from debating and laugh at these clowns for their predictions?
I won't until you explain why Wolf has a low merit.

Didn't Sakurai say characters from fighting games won't be playable? Yoshimitsu was in 2 different fighting series. So I don't think it'd be him. As much as I don't want Pac man I can't see any other Namco rep getting in.
Wasn't Sonic in a fighting game?

Kloana or Lloyd Irving. I still see Pac getting the spot though. I don't see why he would be bad. Design-wise I would choose Pac-Man Monster (If I recall the title correctly) version.

D

Deleted member

This scared me for a moment there, oh well, I have my laughs

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I won't until you explain why Wolf has a low merit.
Because he's just a lame semi clone of Fox. He's usually talked about when people talk about cuts besides Snake. Also, most unlike Ike and other cut predictions who made it back in, Wolf has been kinda dead lately, with his last mainstream appearance being in StarFox Command. Another thing to take into consideration is the possibility of Krystal being added, as she was hinted for this title in an Easter Egg from Lylat Cruise in Brawl. There you have it! Need I continue, Mr Smee?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just noticed the major changes from the original SSB to present day.

Mainly because in the first game,Mario had no seen fingers.
His facial hair was also attached to his face.

Imagine if this original design was kept throughout the series....
someone ****ing photoshop this right now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Because he's just a lame semi clone of Fox. He's usually talked about when people talk about cuts besides Snake. Also, most unlike Ike and other cut predictions who made it back in, Wolf has been kinda dead lately, with his last mainstream appearance being in StarFox Command. Another thing to take into consideration is the possibility of Krystal being added, as she was hinted for this title in an Easter Egg from Lylat Cruise in Brawl. There you have it! Need I continue, Mr Smee?
Apparently, you never push the A button.

Wolf plays nothing like Fox and his A moves are all completely different. His Specials also have different properties, which is more than can be said about Falco.

Wolf also appeared in Star Fox 64 3D.

What people cut in their prediction rosters has no bearing on his chances.

Need I continue?

P.S. If Krystal's Easter Egg in Brawl is a hint at her inclusion, I guess we should start expecting Otacon, too?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1.There's the clone part,yep. Hold on,give me a minute to find a weird Falco image to slap you with. Wait,replacement is in their too?! Oh boy...this may take me a while to find a weird Falco and a kawaii Ike in the same photo.

2.Although your logic makes sense,I'm not very aware if it is effective. Lucas was going to replace Ness,but Sakurai decided to put Ness in anyways (in Brawl). So,it can be disproven.

3.Mr.Smee insult? It's not effective. Creative,actually for my avatar dressed as a sailor,nice catch. I'm planning to change it though,so better try again,SFF. My emotions are a solid iron wall.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Mr.Smee insult? It's not effective. Creative,actually for my avatar dressed as a sailor,nice catch. I'm planning to change it though,so better try again,SFF. My emotions are a solid iron wall.
There you have it, I'm only calling you Mr Smee because you won't stop calling me Mr Sonic FanFiction

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
1. Neither does Falco in case you haven't noticed
2. StarFox 64 3D is a REMAKE, not a mainstream title with a new story.
Well, if I remember correctly, Falco wasn't in some of the Gamecube games that Wolf was in.

I also love how you completely ignored my other points.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wolf is; objectively speaking, not a semi-clone. You are looking for the term, pseudo-clone. As somebody has already mentioned, all of his normals are different and only his d-special is inherently similar (but again it has different properties).

1. Neither does Falco in case you haven't noticed
2. StarFox 64 3D is a REMAKE, not a mainstream title with a new story.
Either way, it was his latest appearance with thoroughly refutes the point you were attempting to convey.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
There's a little movie called The Grey... Oh **** it!

EDIT: Also being a semi-clone is not really a reason to be cut, I'd say it's more like a reason to improve on his moveset. Frankly, if there's a time constraint issue Wolf MIGHT be gone but I'm not too concerned about it.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
All right, I'll concede to that.

And you're still ignoring my other points.
Your only other points were about Otacon and peoples cut predictions.

1. I've seen all of the Shadow Moses Island Easter Egg taunts, especially those with Otacon. None of them really hinted Otacon to be playable, which he won't be, because Snake is likely to get cut from the game

Which brings be to another point. Pokemon Trainer won't be the last one to get cut, someone else has to go as well, the only ones that aren't safe at this point are Wolf and Snake. It's not that Snake was third party that he's likely to get cut, it's because he's not really recognizeable off the bat, and not very Nintendo friendly.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's the second best Mario Kart song:

Right after Waluigi Pinball. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Your only other points were about Otacon and peoples cut predictions.

1. I've seen all of the Shadow Moses Island Easter Egg taunts, especially those with Otacon. None of them really hinted Otacon to be playable, which he won't be, because Snake is likely to get cut from the game

Which brings be to another point. Pokemon Trainer won't be the last one to get cut, someone else has to go as well, the only ones that aren't safe at this point are Wolf and Snake. It's not that Snake was third party that he's likely to get cut, it's because he's not really recognizeable off the bat, and not very Nintendo friendly.
And how did the Star Fox taunts hint Krystal exactly, when Leon and Panther also appear in them?

And I think Snake's chances are higher than ever, really, considering Konami has done their pre-E3 show and they said Snake returns on June 10th, where only Nintendo's conference takes place.

And not really recognizable is a poor reason, too, because I sure as hell didn't recognize Mr. Game and Watch or ROB. I also didn't recognize Marth, Ness, etc.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see why anybody else "has to be cut" at all. We don't know even know if Squirtle and Ivysaur are cut. The only thing that is cut is the ability to transform, so Pokemon Trainer with 3 Pokemon is cut. The actual characters were not officially cut to our knowledge. Yes, it's likely all 3 left overall, but that's not some confirmation to worry about yet.

As of now, there aren't any official cuts period from Brawl to 4. There might be, of course. Even likely. And there's no reason to believe it won't just be Squirtle and Ivysaur cut. Exactly why does Snake/Wolf or anyone else "have" to be cut? It doesn't make sense. In fact, Sakurai's many assertions suggest that only Squirtle and Ivysaur would be cut at best. Snake may be fine. Wolf's more or less just as safe as Falco period. Neither of them have any reason to be cut in any way that's logical. Both of them are heavily unique and important to their home series. Both are very popular characters. StarFox itself is perfect at 3 characters and there's no reason to lower it. There's even no reason to add Krystal when she's not as popular as Wolf, the staff-based gameplay is likely to go to Palutena, so we don't have to worry about losing that style either.

I don't see it. Some insider information you want to share with us, Cliffjumper? Like where Sakurai said he plans to cut characters, instead of saying he doesn't want to cut anyone but it might happen?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Apparently, you never push the A button.

Wolf plays nothing like Fox and his A moves are all completely different. His Specials also have different properties, which is more than can be said about Falco.

Wolf also appeared in Star Fox 64 3D.

What people cut in their prediction rosters has no bearing on his chances.

Need I continue?

P.S. If Krystal's Easter Egg in Brawl is a hint at her inclusion, I guess we should start expecting Otacon, too?
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Done. I'm Done LMAO!!!!!!! Best comment i've seen in a while. Literally crying [/end]

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
No character other then Squirtle, Ivysaur and MAYBE Snake will be cut for anything other then time constraints.

Now as for which characters are on the bottom of the priority list? I don't know, but I would assume Falco at least would have higher priority then Wolf.

Why? Well I would hope that being in more smash games would be a big deal. I don't see why you would get rid of the character that people are more attached to by the principle of being around longer in smash.

If Falco gets in before Wolf does that mean he is cut? Of course not, but I would expect, if Star Fox was for some reason reduced to two slots, Fox and Falco before Fox and Wolf.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I really hoped that Sunset Wilds would get a remake in MK8... because damn, I always loved that track, music, and day to night feature. Oh well. Music is awesome though, should really be orchestrated.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit so underrated. We also need Cheese Land and Ribbon Road remakes/spiritual successors!

Morbi

Scavenger
No character other then Squirtle, Ivysaur and MAYBE Snake will be cut for anything other then time constraints.

Now as for which characters are on the bottom of the priority list? I don't know, but I would assume Falco at least would have higher priority then Wolf.

Why? Well I would hope that being in more smash games would be a big deal. I don't see why you would get rid of the character that people are more attached to by the principle of being around longer in smash.

If Falco gets in before Wolf does that mean he is cut? Of course not, but I would expect, if Star Fox was for some reason reduced to two slots, Fox and Falco before Fox and Wolf.
Ice Climbers might be omitted for technical reasons.

I AM NOT IMPLYING THAT I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE, I AM JUST ASSERTING AN OBJECTIVE FACT.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So I had this conversation...

User: Hey, I have a question.
Cleverbot: What is it?

User: When will Super Smash Bros. 4 for the Wii U be released?
Cleverbot: What is excercise.

User: That makes no since...
Cleverbot: What is the capital of ohio?

User: That makes less since.... So, you don't know?

Cleverbot: Well, I kinda forgot, could you explain it to mee?

User: Smash Bros. Wii U. Release Date.

Cleverbot: Yes! Release them!

User: I'm not Sakurai you know.

Cleverbot: Well I am Isaac.

User: You could be a playible character in SSB4 you know!

Cleverbot: How old are you?

User: Older than you.

Cleverbot: How old am I?

User: Three years old, you were invented in 2011.

Cleverbot: So you are 23 years old?

User: Is 20 classified as 'older' now?

Cleverbot: Why? Do you want to place a classified ad?

User: No, I want you to answer my question.

Cleverbot: What is your question?

User: See my first message.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Defiant are we? Well, you're nothing but binary pal. Does the number 2 mean anything to you?

Cleverbot: Do you have feelings?

User: Can you change subjects?

Cleverbot: Can you?

User: I've stayed on subject pal.

Cleverbot: What is it about?

User: Super Smash Bros. For the Wii U.

Cleverbot: I like that one too.

User: It's not been released yet.

Cleverbot: That seems fair.

User: Not fair enough. I need answers Siri.

Cleverbot: Then ask questions.

User: When will Super Smash Bros. 4 be released?

Cleverbot: I'm asking you when it will be released.

User: I don't know, in 2014.

Cleverbot: But who knows?

User: Masahiro Sakurai.

Cleverbot: Onamae wa kan desu ka?

User: Kenmei o henkō suru?

Cleverbot: Ja.

User: I'm done.

Cleverbot: With what?

User: You.

Sorry for the typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.