• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We don't have a concrete confirmation that Project M will be adding more characters, though it is very likely. Sadly, we don't have any news on that.
didn't they respond to the leaked list?

Only the PMBR knows, or even know if there even will be new comers, and they are pretty vague.
I find it better just to focuse on the current build instead of thinking about the next one. :L
I don't know, was just wondering plus I need to take my mind off something, like most I immerse myself in games to escape reality at times...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What leaked list?
That list that had Knuckles, Skull Kid, Lyn, Sami (Advance Wars), and Isaac on it.

At least, I think that's most of the list in question.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why?
Remember,I still have the Falco (if seen clone BS) and Ike (if seen replacement BS) to slap someone with.
Wolf has less merit to return than both Falco and Ike
That list that had Knuckles, Skull Kid, Lyn, Sami (Advance Wars), and Isaac on it.

At least, I think that's most of the list in question.
where can we find this list?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
How so?

And I'm not sure where to find the list, but supposedly, a member of the PMBR that left the project leaked it out of spite or something? I'm not really sure.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Define merit.

To be blunt, Wolf was completely different from Fox except for his specials and FS, was a decently requested character, and has gained a sizeable fanbase too. He would have been in Melee if not for his similar appearance to Fox.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pretty much every day I'm prepping myself more and more for the possibility of Pac Man being playable.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know, I'm starting to think that he could be another summon character like the Galaga ships.
Yoshimitu's where is at.
Didn't Sakurai say characters from fighting games won't be playable? Yoshimitsu was in 2 different fighting series. So I don't think it'd be him. As much as I don't want Pac man I can't see any other Namco rep getting in.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With all this Fire Emblem talk, I thought I might post one of my favorite tracks from Awakening.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Didn't Sakurai say characters from fighting games won't be playable? Yoshimitsu was in 2 different fighting series. So I don't think it'd be him. As much as I don't want Pac man I can't see any other Namco rep getting in.
No. He didn't.

He said Fighting Game characters that already play like a character in SSB won't be added. He doesn't want what are clones from other fighting games in Smash. Which makes sense, since he wants to add possibly only unique characters to the roster now. He might return clones(as proven with Toon Link), but not add any new clones(including those from Fighting games). Someone like Yoshimitsu would be possible, if he wanted him to be. Until we see a Bandai-Namco character(which most are possible since I can't even think of any who play exactly like an SSB character in the current four games), any of them are essentially possible. Of course, it'll probably be Pac-Man if they get a character, but Yoshimitsu isn't disconfirmed at any time unless another Bandai-Namco character shows up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That can be argued as a Sports game.

Something from a more specific fighting series like Soul Calibur would actually remove the notion that he wouldn't put in Fighting characters. Albeit, that isn't what he said either, so it's been debunked before. It's very easy to misread that statement. -_-

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sakurai said:
The biggest feature we look at in Smash Bros. is, ‘What does this character bring to Smash Bros. that other characters don’t?’ If you look at… someone from a fighting game already, and people like fighting with this character, from my point of view, it’s like ‘this guy does what this guy already does. He fills the role that this character already has. So while you may like this character and he’s interesting, that doesn’t really merge well, here.
Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/2...-see-fighting-characters-in-super-smash-bros/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom