• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sorry, I'm a bit slow right now. I meant the original twelve. I'll fix that now.
It's fine. No worries. But yeah, I get ya. They might as well be guaranteed back, although to be fair, if Sakurai wanted to remove Jigglypuff, outside of GameFreak saying "nope", he could. I wouldn't blame him, if it means more non Gen 1 Pokemon or just more variety. I want her to stay, but yeah.

Armadillomon needs a proper ultimate and mega
Shakkoumon is a very proper Ultimate. His entire line is about being armored. Which is what his Ultimate is. His Mega being Vikemon is kind of lame, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's fine. No worries. But yeah, I get ya. They might as well be guaranteed back, although to be fair, if Sakurai wanted to remove Jigglypuff, outside of GameFreak saying "nope", he could. I wouldn't blame him, if it means more non Gen 1 Pokemon or just more variety. I want her to stay, but yeah.

Shakkoumon is a very proper Ultimate. His entire line is about being armored. Which is what his Ultimate is. His Mega being Vikemon is kind of lame, though.
I don't dislike Shakkoumon, I just think it's TRUE ultimate should fit more in line with armordillomon and ankylomon

Also Vikemon I am now considering Zudomon's real ultimate. After all, Thor to Odin, and it has the head of Ikkakumon

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't dislike Shakkoumon, I just think it's TRUE ultimate should fit more in line with armordillomon and ankylomon

Also Vikemon I am now considering Zudomon's real ultimate. After all, Thor to Odin, and it has the head of Ikkakumon
Well, they both share the same Ultimate. Then again, so does Palmon and Lalamon. But I think the armored warrior things makes the most sense, respectively.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think something as simple as a "metal Ankylomon" or "War Ankylomon" would be good enough

Maybe not the canonical digivolution of the character, but as a cool little alternative

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't consider anything guaranteed until it happens, but Ness and Falcon are defiantly in the no shocker list. I think the reason why they haven't been revealed yet is because Sakurai is still working on their movesets. I believe this because, for example, Yoshi's late reveal and reasoning behind it. Or maybe Sakurai feels they aren't characters to reveal over everyone else, etc.. But my bet is he's working on their movesets.

As for Jigglypuff, I would trade her in for any new Pokemon. Especially a different Fairy type- unlikely as that may be. I feel the creation of the remakes of ruby and sapphire could of significantly boosted Gardevoir's odds- but the time frame between SSB4 and ORAS is too far stretched for it to mean anything I think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't consider anything guaranteed until it happens, but Ness and Falcon are defiantly in the no shocker list. I think the reason why they haven't been revealed yet is because Sakurai is still working on their movesets. I believe this because, for example, Yoshi's late reveal and reasoning behind it. Or maybe Sakurai feels they aren't characters to reveal over everyone else, etc.. But my bet is he's working on their movesets.

As for Jigglypuff, I would trade her in for any new Pokemon. Especially a different Fairy type- unlikely as that may be. I feel the creation of the remakes of ruby and sapphire could of significantly boosted Gardevoir's odds- but the time frame between SSB4 and ORAS is too far stretched for it to mean anything I think.
Speaking of, weren't there barely any Gen 5 Fairy types? That said, I'd rather have Sceptile for any 3rd Gen rep at this point.

Anyway, I think he should've been willing to switch out Jigglpuff since Melee, which would've removed the silly guarantee notion people have. As for Ness, he somewhat implied he's a key veteran by directly saying it "I imagine he's quite the veteran by now." That can be taken more than one way, but I think he and Falcon are locks. Jigglypuff, if she comes back, might as well be considered a permalock at that point.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of, weren't there barely any Gen 5 Fairy types? That said, I'd rather have Sceptile for any 3rd Gen rep at this point.

Anyway, I think he should've been willing to switch out Jigglpuff since Melee, which would've removed the silly guarantee notion people have. As for Ness, he somewhat implied he's a key veteran by directly saying it "I imagine he's quite the veteran by now." That can be taken more than one way, but I think he and Falcon are locks. Jigglypuff, if she comes back, might as well be considered a permalock at that point.
Well, there's Whimsicott who got fairy typing. But I don't discuss 5th gen playables because Victini is a poke ball. :glare: curse you, 6th gen.

If Ness and Falcon are to come back, it's very likely they will be different somehow from their brawl incarnations. Ness's recovery is the most time consuming recovery there is- that's something to fix.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Here's Ike, Marth and…a brand-new stage!"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I vaguely remember a Colosseum in a fire emblem game but I don't remember anything about it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, there's Whimsicott who got fairy typing. But I don't discuss 5th gen playables because Victini is a poke ball. :glare: curse you, 6th gen.

If Ness and Falcon are to come back, it's very likely they will be different somehow from their brawl incarnations. Ness's recovery is the most time consuming recovery there is- that's something to fix.
On the other hand, it gets a pretty good length and can make for a very deadly attack. I like his recovery. It requires you to put work towards it. That said, I want him buffed a bit more. In 64, he was pretty amazing as is. Even if he's now the bottom of the tier list, he was still pretty well designed to a point.

And yeah, that doesn't leave room for a good fairy type, now does it? Zoroark seemed to be a Pokeball Pokemon too.(albeit, he was not that special anyway. He was no Lucario at all. He lost popularity fairly fast in the end and was simply just another cool Pokemon)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Well alright. This ain't a bad cap for the week. So be it- four more days anyhow so nothing will bring me down.
And yeah, that doesn't leave room for a good fairy type, now does it? Zoroark seemed to be a Pokeball Pokemon too.(albeit, he was not that special anyway. He was no Lucario at all. He lost popularity fairly fast in the end and was simply just another cool Pokemon)
Well, there's Mawile, who was one of the first mega evolutions to be revealed. Then you got Sylveon, who's the first fairy-type to be revealed of the sixth gen. Then there's Clefairy, who was suppose to be the Pokemon mascot. But really, the true competitor of fairy types is Granbull. You cannot deny the jaws of a purple bull dog. :troll:

Zoroark was cool for metaphorically five seconds. I mean, the movie was okay, but it sort of just drifted from there. And the Pokemon itself has a great gimmick in Illusion, but in comparison to other dark types, namely Scrafty, he didn't really shine so much as a sweeper.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, there's Mawile, who was one of the first mega evolutions to be revealed. Then you got Sylveon, who's the first fairy-type to be revealed of the sixth gen. Then there's Clefairy, who was suppose to be the Pokemon mascot. But really, the true competitor of fairy types is Granbull. You cannot deny the jaws of a purple bull dog. :troll:

Zoroark was cool for metaphorically five seconds. I mean, the movie was okay, but it sort of just drifted from there. And the Pokemon itself has a great gimmick in Illusion, but in comparison to other dark types, namely Scrafty, he didn't really shine so much as a sweeper.
I meant cool Gen 5 choices. It kind of is lacking. That said, yeah, that describes Zoroark well. Genesect was better, imo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have just discovered superphylums

Humans and starfish are in the same superphylum

That's crazy

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I meant cool Gen 5 choices. It kind of is lacking. That said, yeah, that describes Zoroark well. Genesect was better, imo.
Genesect would be one of the most interesting characters, that's for sure. First of all- it has no grip because of its claws, so I'd like to see it grab an edge. It also can transform into that flight mode- so that could be used as a recovery for (b)>, similar to fox. It's ability to change its Techno Buster's type could be used as well. It's got a lot of different abilities that can be put in it's moveset.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aren't they cats though?
You know, since Entei is a lion, Raikou is a sabertooth tiger and Suicune is a leopard
Entei and suicine are extremely dog looking cats

and also the worst looking lion ever

Edit: Let's JUST say they are in "Carnivora"

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Entei and suicine are extremely dog looking cats

and also the worst looking lion ever

Edit: Let's JUST say they are in "Carnivora"
Quoting bulbapedia:
"Entei is based on Chinese guardian lions, or Lions of Foo, creatures that resemble fully grown male lions. They are often confused with canines and incorrectly called "Foo Dogs" by Westerners."
"The spots of Suicune are also significant, seeming to combine the spots of a leopard, taking homage from Fūjin, the Shinto god of The North Wind, who wears leopard skin. Leopards themselves are found in Asia and are featured in myths that show it is a widely respected sacred animal like the Qilin. The way it runs and roars in the anime may also relate to the leopard. "

inb4 quoting bulbapedia is stupid

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Their pokedex entries mention roaring, which dogs can't do.

-

Actually Entei's mentions barking as well. And then in later entries it says it roars wth

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That stage made me lose hype. Mainly because the coliseum isn't even a thing in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, the only two console games that came out in the US. I want a Radiant Dawn stage so badly, and I hope that we get one. Ike and Micaiah better get a Radiant Dawn stage.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Quoting bulbapedia:
"Entei is based on Chinese guardian lions, or Lions of Foo, creatures that resemble fully grown male lions. They are often confused with canines and incorrectly called "Foo Dogs" by Westerners."
"The spots of Suicune are also significant, seeming to combine the spots of a leopard, taking homage from Fūjin, the Shinto god of The North Wind, who wears leopard skin. Leopards themselves are found in Asia and are featured in myths that show it is a widely respected sacred animal like the Qilin. The way it runs and roars in the anime may also relate to the leopard. "
inb4 quoting bulbapedia is stupid
Bulbapedia also makes mention of Entei's canine appearance, such as its resemblance to the mastiff and saint bernard. It's best just to call the the beast trio since some people see them more as cats, whereas others see them as dogs. Personally I see Raikou as a cat but absolutely get confused when people see Entei or Suicune as a cat.

They also seem to draw inspiration from mythological beings such as the Raiju and Qilin that can be many creatures other than cats.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Colosseums, or Arenas, are very common in Fire Emblem games. The only games they haven't appeared in to date are Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Source: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Arena
They don't appear in Awakening either, but we already have a stage from that game on the 3DS version.

It's curious how both Fire Emblem stages revealed so far are arenas. Either the recurring Arena/Coliseum from several games or the more specific Arena Ferox from Awakening.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms.
What a nice stage... I wonder what will change as the battle progresses!

Staarih

Smash Master
Lovely summer day today; 29 degrees celsius, sun shines like no tomorrow. It was also the last day of work for me before my holiday (which is all of next week). Plus, got my Wii U (finally) delivered in today, along with MK8. My plans: go out and have a drink or two (or more) with friends tonight and enjoy the weather, forecast says it rains the whole weekend so from tomorrow onwards is when I dedicate all my time to Wii U & MK8, and next week will all go on hyping about E3 which I am able to follow live (or try to) for the first time ever. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom