• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Nothing. By some fluke of nature, you lack the necessary qualities to make you psychoanalytically interesting to any degree.

Which is in itself psychoanalytically interesting.
Fluke of nature.

That's actually more true then you know.

I was never suppose to be born. My mom even getting pregnant with me was never suppose to happen, according to a doctor. But to add on to that, neither I or my mom where suppose to survive the process of me being born, we were both suppose to die in her process of giving birth. However here I am, and she is still alive as well.

I'm totally a fluke of nature. I'm not even suppose to be here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, instead of pokemon

What would games be were I raise up animals and have them fight to evolve and eventually turn into the forms of beautiful woman like digimon mean?

Gonna have me a team of Angewoman, Lillimon, and Lady Devimon

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Fluke of nature.

I was never suppose to be born. My mom even getting pregnant with me was never suppose to happen, according to a doctor. But to add on to that, neither I or my mom where suppose to survive the process of me being born, we were both suppose to die in her process of giving birth. However here I am, and she is still alive as well.

My Grandmother was the same way, so her mother named her "Joy," I suppose it is nice to cheat death not once, but twice.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What I don't kill them but still feel guilty?
Then I'd recommend adding more fiber to your diet.

I would be impressed with your necromancy. That would probably lead to a conversation, at the very least.
We'll talk through the Glass Candles later on, if you're up for it.

Well, if your beloved pet dies someday, don't come crying to me for some necromantic hand-outs.

Fluke of nature.

That something with 99% certainty doesn't transpire doesn't make it a fluke. That something is 1% probable doesn't make it miraculous when it happens.

It's improbable before the fact, and factual after the fact. It's not that your not supposed to be here, but that you're here. Such is the way of probability.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That something with 99% certainty doesn't transpire doesn't make it a fluke. That something is 1% probable doesn't make it miraculous when it happens.

It's improbable before the fact, and factual after the fact. It's not that your not supposed to be here, but that you're here. Such is the way of probability.
Probability sux.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fluke of nature.

I.... don't know what to think.

Anyway, I don't understand what you mean by "She wasn't supposed to get pregnant with me." Eh?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Heres a random MK8 exploit. If you jump when you drift the speed boost will last longer. I don't see this ruining online. Maybe...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly, I am desensitized to innocent "people" getting murdered. It is the animal aspect that really induces the sorrow within my cold, black heart.
That's a shame. I would have hated myself if I hadn't felt remorse or sympathy when looking at the aftermath of Hiroshima. Men, women, children, all burned alive.

Inferior creatures generally aren't as intelligent as we are, so they have an aura of innocence around them, which might be it. (for me at least)

I even feel bad about killing dangerous creatures, like a female Black Widow spider.
Well of course, after all, the Black Widow doesn't choose to bite people because of how it feels about someone else, just because it's scared for it's life.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So how does everyone feel about the Metroid games? I really don't like them. Theres no guidance as to what I need to do next. The best way to do things is to spend 3 months going around and bombing walls when theres no indication of where I'm supposed to get an item.
The Prime Subseries and Zero Mission all had hint systems to help you along, Fusion also had it to a lesser extent due to its linearity giving you a precise point to work towards.

Personally, I love the Metroid games just for that, I like exploring and finding new things with the items that you collect without too much outside influence holding your hand all along the way. It gives you a strong sense of accomplishment when you find all those items, areas, etc. after searching for them.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why are we talking about tragedies and the like? So morbid!

Heres a random MK8 exploit. If you jump when you drift the speed boost it will last longer. I don't see this ruining online. Maybe...
Wow, this game looks amazing.

It's not even the models, either. I bet you they would look pretty plain without that fantastic lighting and motion blur.

Morbi

Scavenger
That's a shame. I would have hated myself if I hadn't felt remorse or sympathy when looking at the aftermath of Hiroshima. Men, women, children, all burned alive.

Well of course, after all, the Black Widow doesn't choose to bite people because of how it feels about someone else, just because it's scared for it's life.
Are you implying that I should hate myself? :confused:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This season of digimon plays the matrix music everytime this government man is shown

Morbi

Scavenger
No, just asking you to re-evaluate.
I am misanthropic, it is difficult to fathom having empathy in regards to certain situations. I do not want to get into it, but I feel as though "Hiroshima" was justified. Can I still feel sorry for the innocent people? Of course; however, I do not honestly feel as though there are innocent people as we are all inherently flawed. I did watch a prison stabbing in Brazil, I felt compassion for him. So it is not as though I objectively fail to care, there are certain circumstances. The murder of an animal is repugnant as they are so utterly defenseless.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I thought long and hard about it, and I feel like I need to apologize to everyone who say my post about old timers getting the bench. One guy quoted me thinking I thought old people couldn't fight, that made me think of this guy.
image.jpg

He would've pulled the plug on me for sure.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
On the topic of the feels, it should be noted that emotions are reaction to stimuli. You can't simply pull genuine emotional experiences out of your moneymaker -- which extends to such things as empathy, sympathy, remorse, guilt, regret, compassion, and all other related emotional capacities.

And as a result, it's rather futile to ask someone to feel a certain way or other, since it's invariably beyond their control to do so.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Heres a random MK8 exploit. If you jump when you drift the speed boost will last longer. I don't see this ruining online. Maybe...
Interesting...I need to exploit as much stuff as possible. I've been playing online and I either do great, or I fail miserably, haha. It's ok though, someone needs to get 10th place and it might as well be me.

The game certainly is pretty. Electrodrome is my favorite new track.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Why feel remorse for an event that me, nor anyone I know, have known, or will ever know have any real connection to?
Well, think of it this way. You're a human being, right? They were humans. They felt the exact same amount of pain that you do. In addition, you probably have family right? How would you feel if someone you loved was killed? If you can't relate to the pain of life, if you can't look out your window and realize that there are people out there suffering just because they exist and no other reason, you need to open your eyes.

Now I'll debate Nintendo and Art calmly, but tend to get a little worked up when people think that murderer is "OK". I can't change you're mind in any way, but I strongly advise you to re-evaluate your philosophy.

I am misanthropic, it is difficult to fathom having empathy in regards to certain situations. I do not want to get into it, but I feel as though "Hiroshima" was justified. Can I still feel sorry for the innocent people? Of course; however, I do not honestly feel as though there are innocent people as we are all inherently flawed. I did watch a prison stabbing in Brazil, I felt compassion for him. So it is not as though I objectively fail to care, there are certain circumstances. The murder of an animal is repugnant as they are so utterly defenseless.
I can think of a lot of famous misanthropes. Look how they turned out.

Hiroshima is just an example. I'm not saying that you think this way, but an animal cannot be put on the same level as a human being. They are to be cared for, and not to be abused, but they're not as valuable as most humans.

My above post to Kenith summarizes my stance.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, think of it this way. You're a human being, right? They were humans. They felt the exact same amount of pain that you do. In addition, you probably have family right? How would you feel if someone you loved was killed? If you can't relate to the pain of life, if you can't look out your window and realize that there are people out there suffering just because they exist and no other reason, you need to open your eyes.
Now I'll debate Nintendo and Art calmly, but tend to get a little worked up when people think that murderer is "OK". I can't change you're mind in any way, but I strongly advise you to re-evaluate your philosophy.
Where did all this come from? Your tone sounds very accusatory and I don't like it.

Morbi

Scavenger

I can think of a lot of famous misanthropes. Look how they turned out.

Hiroshima is just an example. I'm not saying that you think this way, but an animal cannot be put on the same level as a human being. They are to be cared for, and not to be abused, but they're not as valuable as most humans.

My above post to Kenith summarizes my stance.
I did not realize that I was present for Hiroshima. I do not recall being subjected to immolation. I do not believe that people suffer based solely on their existence to clarify. Although, I would be very interested to hear your perspective on why murder is not "okay," are you basing this on modern laws pertaining to first-world countries?

I believe that comparison was unnecessary.

(Underlined portions)
Another arbitrary notion; why are animals not as valuable? Perhaps you could elaborate on this subjective perspective. I hear it quite a lot, but there is no objective reasoning to support that unfounded accusation. Life is life. We are all equal.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All I know is, it's hard for me to consider humans "more" valuable than humans when they are single-handedly responsible for permanently erasing so many unique creatures from the face of the earth. But then again, all creatures hunt other creatures, without that level of awareness that are slowly exterminating another species. So that doesn't make them any more moral in that regard.

The way I see it, no matter no you look at it, we may be smarter and more dexterous, but that doesn't make us better.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I did not realize that I was present for Hiroshima. I do not recall being subjected to immolation. I do not believe that people suffer based solely on their existence to clarify. Although, I would be very interested to hear your perspective on why murder is not "okay," are you basing this on modern laws pertaining to first-world countries?

I believe that comparison was unnecessary.

(Underlined portions)
Another arbitrary notion; why are animals not as valuable? Perhaps you could elaborate on this subjective perspective. I hear it quite a lot, but there is no objective reasoning to support that unfounded accusation. Life is life. We are all equal.
It doesn't matter if you were there, would you like to be in that situation? Unless you're a masochist, we'd all say no.

Can we give out life? If you can't, then we shouldn't give out death. Humans are flawed, and another human has no right to judge when someone dies. Now, laws are written by humans, but they're based on the same principle, that no one can simply decide when someone dies. Look at it as theft in the highest degree.

And what's this modern law? We know that there has been a penalty for murder by Hammurabi's laws, and those were written over 4000 years ago.

On animals: I believe that humans are made in the image of God, but if I had to give another reason, I'd say it's because an animal can't feel on the same level as humans. Animals don't create art, they don't inspire to learn, but none of that justifies killing animals frivolously or without cause anyway. But my reason still stands, if it came between my dog and another human's life, I'd go with the human, because of my faith/philosophy. You can call it flawed if you'd like, but last I checked, you'll go farther in life if you have someone on your side. Denying them sympathy tends to turn them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom