• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I guess the Blue Marine sub from Star Fox 64 & 64 3D will be part of a free DLC coming to Steel Diver: Sub Wars before 6/19 even though they said it wasn't part of Star Fox....

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
Well, with Peppy making a cameo, it kind of makes sense.

....Admiral Peppy for Smash?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I guess the Blue Marine sub from Star Fox 64 & 64 3D will be part of a free DLC coming to Steel Diver: Sub Wars before 6/19 even though they said it wasn't part of Star Fox....

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
Speaking of which, how is that game? Is it any good?

Morbi

Scavenger

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah; I remember that, it was one of the predominant reasons that I did not purchase Skyward Sword until last year. The other reason being largely similar, I did not appreciate the mandatory Wii Motion Plus. But alas, the price dropped and I am a huge Legend of Zelda fan, so I decided to give it a try.
The mandatory Wii Motion Plus caused me to neglect getting it as well. I got it a couple years ago but only played it last year.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Morbi

Scavenger
You seem like... an ISTJ? Am I right?

Note to Nintendo: Never show off motion controls at E3 again. :facepalm:

I had no problem with Skyward Sword or the motion controls... but that's pretty embarrassing.
For the most part; however, I do not like adhering to certain classifications of individuals. I am my own person and I can easily alter my personality given the situation.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*Head explodes*

If you closely inspect the image you will notice some photoshopping evidence.
Sprite based images are really easy to manipulate, and it's also possible to leave no traces of photoshopping, actually.

EDIT: Hadn't noticed Wario Bros. actually did it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For the most part; however, I do not like adhering to certain classifications of individuals. I am my own person and I can easily alter my personality given the situation.
Oh, of course. I look at it this way: Personalities are like molds, you can tell the shape, but the Jell-O inside is always going to be different. It's a little strange, but I think it works. I'm an INTJ with ISTJ tendencies. But I'm a less driven than either of those archetypes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sprite based images are really easy to manipulate, and it's also possible to leave no traces of photoshopping, actually.
I know that. I was just stating that besides the obvious fakeness of the image, there were traces of it being shopped. One example being different pixel densities on the same image.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I thought Nintendo fans would've hated Digimon.

I watched Digimon. The last Digimon show I remember watching was the one where they had to get all of the spirits and the humans were Digimon.
When I first heard the name Digimon, I did make the mistake of immediately thinking it as a Pokémon rip-off. Then I got to watch Digimon Adventures, and I felt bad for dismissing it like that.

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG
Maybe this is the future of Star Fox. Arwing and Wolfen based submarines on the way. :troll:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Here's what I'm working on, I've gotten up to around 1:40.

MUST LEARN!!!! I've been getting lazy with my piano playing. I just improv whenever I play. Mostly in A flat. The last thing I learned was Farwell at the foot of a hill from Clannad
I'm no good at reading. It takes me a long time to learn stuff. I really want to learn this though
It takes so long for me though. I guess its a discipline thing.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Oh, of course. I look at it this way: Personalities are like molds, you can tell the shape, but the Jell-O inside is always going to be different. It's a little strange, but I think it works. I'm an INTJ with ISTJ tendencies. But I'm a less driven than either of those archetypes.
Incidentally, according to MBTI, I'm also INTJ.

*brofist*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Old Man Fu is one my favourite FMA characters.
I was sad that he had to die shortly before the climax at the end

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So how does everyone feel about the Metroid games? I really don't like them. Theres no guidance as to what I need to do next. The best way to do things is to spend 3 months going around and bombing walls when theres no indication of where I'm supposed to get an item. *sigh. Other M > all other Metroid games. not even trolling.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So how does everyone feel about the Metroid games? I really don't like them. Theres no guidance as to what I need to do next. The best way to do things is to spend 3 months going around and bombing walls when theres no indication of where I'm supposed to get an item. *sigh. Other M > all other Metroid games. not even trolling.
I don't really like them either. There's little human interaction or guidance. On my Other M save file, I'm in the building you start in and have no idea where to go next. There's a walk way with dinosaur like creatures, but I can't shoot them or whatever.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't really like them either. There's little human interaction or guidance. On my Other M save file, I'm in the building you start in and have no idea where to go next. There's a walk way with dinosaur like creatures, but I can't shoot them or whatever.
The original Zelda was similar to that. I think they meant to give the feeling of adventure. Encouraging you to look everywhere and try many things, possibly even "thinking outside the box" at times.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
MUST LEARN!!!! I've been getting lazy with my piano playing. I just improv whenever I play. Mostly in A flat. The last thing I learned was Farwell at the foot of a hill from Clannad
I'm no good at reading. It takes me a long time to learn stuff. I really want to learn this though
It takes so long for me though. I guess its a discipline thing.
Well, it took me 5 years to get the hang of it, so just keep at it. Any progress, even if small, is still progress. Video Game music helped me a lot, with how much it repeats.

Incidentally, according to MBTI, I'm also INTJ.

*brofist*

It's not for everyone, I'll tell you that. I still think Other M is a bit unappreciated, but I haven't played it all the way through.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I kinda liked the hint option in the prime series for that (but I was able to finish the 2 without it). However, this became kind of annoying for me in super metroid (there's a point when Ihad to use internet and frankly, would've never taught of doing what I was supposed to). But I guess it was intentional to have the satisfaction to find by yourself (immersion maybe?) but I get more frustrated by this. To each his own way to enjoy I guess.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The original Zelda was similar to that. I think they meant to give the feeling of adventure. Encouraging you to look everywhere and try many things, possibly even "thinking outside the box" at times.
Now The Legend of Zelda... THAT'S a good game. I needed a bit of help via internet to start me, but I'm a roll now. Non-linear Zelda FTW.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm interested in the Metroid games.

There was a time when I had the first Prime game, but the disk was horrible and I wasn't able to really play it. I also have played Other M before, but I found the controls to be super uncomfortable and not very intuitive.

I guess you could say the ones I'm interested in the most are the Prime games as 2D platformers have been losing their appeal to me.

I don't really like them either. There's little human interaction or guidance.
That's actually why I am interested in them. The games with little to no guidance are always lots of fun imo.

I think gamers nowadays are spoiled with hand holding. I personally miss the feel of being thrown into a game with no idea on what to do and have to figure out **** for yourself. It just feels more satisfying that way to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was REALLY into the metroid games up until the first prime came out

Not specifically because the first prime came out

But I never got the first prime game because of the gameplay change

I was interested in the metroid series mainly for being a metroidvania style game, which I really liked

I was also really into Castlevania: Symphony of the night

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I thought the criticism to Other M is a bit harsh, but I have only played Super Metroid, Other M, Prime Trilogy and Hunters. I was able to ease myself into the exploration aspect of the game, but it still took me a LONG time to finish the game.
I need to play the others, but Metroid is one the games I want to see most at E3, (although i think it might not be until next year at earliest)
I do like the lonely atmosphere there is, but Prime 3's interaction with the Federation and the other Hunters made me enjoy it more.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My sister feels the same way, we got the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but there is a lot of... erm... "exploring." The lack of direction is decent if you are really invested in the game and you enjoy discovery. But Metroid Prime is basically an FPS, so that is not what I am looking for in that type of game. I did not even try it because it is not my style.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea I'm playing Super Metroid and I've played the original and Metroid 2. I couldn't beat Prime 1 or 2. I didn't get 3 because I (still) haven't beaten the first 2. I couldn't beat Metroid Prime hunters without an action replay lol. I loved the online for that game though. I always sniped people as Trace.
I can only bomb so many walls without getting angry lol. Even if it gives you a map there are still things it won't show you (talking about Super Metroid)
Well, it took me 5 years to get the hang of it, so just keep at it. Any progress, even if small, is still progress. Video Game music helped me a lot, with how much it repeats.

It's not for everyone, I'll tell you that. I still think Other M is a bit unappreciated, but I haven't played it all the way through.
Yea I started with VG music. Then I took a music theory class my senior year of highschool. After that I learned farwell at the foot of a hill finished learning it idk a few months ago. I have to play it until its muscle memory and I ditch the sheet music haha. So if I haven't practiced a song in a while its not so good. It kinda makes it a waste of time because if I can't read music fluently I have to re learn the song a bit. The first song I learned was actually the song that plays on Other M's menu when you beat the game. Huh, just realized that its been 3 years since I did that. Good times.
I kinda liked the hint option in the prime series for that (but I was able to finish the 2 without it). However, this became kind of annoying for me in super metroid (there's a point when Ihad to use internet and frankly, would've never taught of doing what I was supposed to). But I guess it was intentional to have the satisfaction to find by yourself (immersion maybe?) but I get more frustrated by this. To each his own way to enjoy I guess.
I'm playing super metroid right now. I really hate looking up stuff to play a game. I should be able to get everything without going crazy and looking at TAS videos haha.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now The Legend of Zelda... THAT'S a good game. I needed a bit of help via internet to start me, but I'm a roll now. Non-linear Zelda FTW.
If you like non-linear Zelda, you're gonna like A Link Between Worlds. Have you played that game?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think gamers nowadays are spoiled with hand holding. I personally miss the feel of being thrown into a game with no idea on what to do and have to figure out **** for yourself. It just feels more satisfying that way to me.
Well, you have to understand that when I got my Gamecube for the first time (before I sold and bought it again), that I had no knowledge in English. My first language have been French so just to give you an idea:

Pokemon Colosseum: beat it in 1.5 to 2 years before (like years ago as young) and it took me 3 days like some months ago.

Seriously there's some part that I can easily understand today but with English knowledge which I have more than enough today. It was like I was guided but I didn't know I was and so, searched for something that was already told to me. So, today, I think you can understand how frustrated I was to know how this game was so easy and that's the case for a lot of game I played before. Since then, I hate when I am in a game and I can't know what I'm supposed to do where I should know. The game needs to at least give me the possibility to know before doing what I'm supposed to (I got frustrated to play link's awakening for this problem).

Metroid prime however, is good enough for me to not have this problem but you need to have a good memory or you'll get into trouble and use the hint system.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I love non-linearity, it's just the backtracking in Metroid... In LoZ, you had an objective, and once the dungeon was cleared, you're done. No need to go back over the same area over and over again.

If you like non-linear Zelda, you're gonna like A Link Between Worlds. Have you played that game?
I have not, but I've read a lot of good things about it. When I finally get my gigantic backlog finished, I'll buy it.

Speaking of backlog, I'm currently playing EarthBound. That game really isn't a hand holder, but it does give hints about where to go next... For instance, there's one part of the game where you have to find a yogurt maker, but it's lost. You find out where it is, but not how to get it. It ends up being a big fetch quest, but it's the only one I've encountered in the game....

I also just can't get over how nonchalant the game is at times. I've laughed out loud several times. The enemies... locations, music, it's all superb.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I own gyromite and for YEARS i've never been able to figure out how to play it

Then, one day I got it for computer and was able to play it because 1st and 2nd controller had previously been set for the same controlls

I also owned super scope 6 for SNES and couldn't figure out how to play it. Turns out you need the super scope, which I didn't have.

It was one of those games picked up at a yard sale for cheap

By figuring how to play it yourself, I think you mean games that actually function though and trying to get through them

Not literally figuring out how to make the game work

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, you have to understand that when I got my Gamecube for the first time (before I sold and bought it again), that I had no knowledge in English. My first language have been French so just to give you an idea:

Pokemon Colosseum: beat it in 1.5 to 2 years before (like years ago as young) and it took me 3 days like some months ago.

Seriously there's some part that I can easily understand today but with English knowledge which I have more than enough today. It was like I was guided but I didn't know I was and so, searched for something that was already told to me. So, today, I think you can understand how frustrated I was to know how this game was so easy and that's the case for a lot of game I played before. Since then, I hate when I am in a game and I can't know what I'm supposed to do where I should know. The game needs to at least give me the possibility to know before doing what I'm supposed to (I got frustrated to play link's awakening for this problem).

Metroid prime however, is good enough for me to not have this problem but you need to have a good memory or you'll get into trouble and use the hint system.
I stand by everything I said.

Gamers in this generation are spoiled with hand holding. :L

Morbi

Scavenger
I love non-linearity, it's just the backtracking in Metroid... In LoZ, you had an objective, and once the dungeon was cleared, you're done. No need to go back over the same area over and over again.
I felt that way in Skyward Sword. I mean, the areas are different enough, but there were some missed opportunities. There was no Water Dungeon, for instance (unless you count the second Forest Temple). No Ice Temple but there was a second Desert/Fire Temple. I suppose the second Sand Dungeon was not so redundant. You just have to do a lot of backtracking as there are only four areas in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom