• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So my friend at Best Buy said 100 stores (like that's an exact number) are doing the Smash Bros demo. People were saying there might be more announced later, but it doesn't look like it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Way to ruin my childhood, Nintendo. And to believe that a manga based on a lighthearted series like Kirby is full of Ho Yay (accidentally homoerotic moments/jokes) up the wazoo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Way to ruin my childhood, Nintendo. And to believe that a manga based on a lighthearted series like Kirby is full of Ho Yay (accidentally homoerotic moments/jokes) up the wazoo.
I think Pokemon beat this to the punch.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I never knew Kirby had claws.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The old Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, once controversially stated his opinion on people who play RPGs.

He said:

[People who play RPGs are] "depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games."
Wow what you don't realize is that RPG (especially jrpg) is one of the favourite genre I experienced.

Like sorry but WTF??? Basically, by playing TTYD which is a masterpiece and my second favourite game of all time, the player would be depressed because the game is slow???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tell me that Chapter 3 is slow and THEN we;ll talk.

Also don't even get me started on earthbound IT'S EVEN BETTER TO PLAY IT SLWLY HOW DOES THAT MAKE THE PLAYER DEPRESSED???

Can you tell me why he said that? we're talking about the former president of Nintendo here.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
The old Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, once controversially stated his opinion on people who play RPGs.

He said:

[People who play RPGs are] "depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games."
He was the executive producer of the first Mother game ironically enough, which is one of the old style of RPGs that were very slow and required a lot of level grinding.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know if anyone had posted this yet. But here's a new trailer for Mighty No. 9. It looks like they fixed up a few things pretty well. Though I can see what some people mean that Beck's running animation is a little off. He moves pretty fast, but his leg animation might be a little slow. But it's not a deal breaker or anything.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Wow what you don't realize is that RPG (especially jrpg) is one of the favourite genre I experienced.

Like sorry but WTF??? Basically, by playing TTYD which is a masterpiece and my second favourite game of all time, the player would be depressed because the game is slow???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Tell me that Chapter 3 is slow and THEN we;ll talk.

Also don't even get me started on earthbound IT'S EVEN BETTER TO PLAY IT SLWLY HOW DOES THAT MAKE THE PLAYER DEPRESSED???

Can you tell me why he said that? we're talking about the former president of Nintendo here.
Some interview he did in 1999.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
4 years after Earthbiund there has to be a reason. Like did he corrected his words after? I just can't see how he could have said that and thinking it at the same time.
I don't know that he ever did. He was just a rather stubborn old man with a rather outspoken personality. Kind of like Hideki Kamiya in a way... so I guess in finding out whether he corrected his words, I'll just take Kamiya's eternal advice

"Ask your Mom".

Kamiya really kinda annoys me actually. Why he hasn't been fired for some of his behavior I'll never know

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know that he ever did. He was just a rather stubborn old man with a rather outspoken personality. Kind of like Hideki Kamiya in a way... so I guess in finding out whether he corrected his words, I'll just take Kamiya's eternal advice

"Ask your Mom".

Kamiya really kinda annoys me actually. Why he hasn't been fired for some of his behavior I'll never know
Kamiya can be summed up in a few infamous quotes:

"**** off Smash idiots!"

"Is Star Fox your god?"

"I'll ban all X idiots!"

"Quit acting like a smartass!"

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Maybe I'm the oddball, but I never really follow any of the creators of the games or big shots at the company almost at all. I'd rather just play what they created then know the drama behind it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's hilarious until he starts getting personal with it... like telling his potential customers to *@#! off. It stops being funny right around there.
Maybe it's just me, but I love all of it. He definitely has little patience for being pestered.
Tbh, making a twitter account is the worst thing this guy can do, he's pretty much leaving himself open to being bugged. He should honestly stick to making his games with limited fan interactions

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I heard Tails is getting a character redesign to make him more edgy and to appeal to a more mature audience, what do you think?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I heard Tails is getting a character redesign to make him more edgy and to appeal to a more mature audience, what do you think?

Would of preferred playing a game with tails all gun-ho than Shadow.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Would of preferred playing a game with tails all gun-ho than Shadow.
Honestly... I agree that'd be boss.

It's about time someone actually made a game that has some cute animal doing tons of drugs and shooting people. I want worse than Conker. Why do you ask? Just because.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Honestly... I agree that'd be boss.

It's about time someone actually made a game that has some cute animal doing tons of drugs and shooting people. I want worse than Conker. Why do you ask? Just because.
AWWWW Man I would love a Conker sequel tho!?! That game was pretty much Hangover: The Video Game. Too bad Microsoft is too busy making shooters...
The game you want sounds, like a Happy Tree-friends game. :laugh:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
AWWWW Man I would love a Conker sequel tho!?! That game was pretty much Hangover: The Video Game. Too bad Microsoft is too busy making shooters...
The game you want sounds, like a Happy Tree-friends game. :laugh:
I admit, a Conker sequel would be amazing. Even better? His inclusion in smash.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well, hopefully it's not the one I'm having.
It's not gonna stop till around 11pm EST. So that's fun.
I just checked the radar. There's a whole line of good old red and yellow with a little green that stretches pretty much all the way down the country and it's coming right for me and might be here by tonight actually.

In the words of Jimbo Kern... "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I admit, a Conker sequel would be amazing. Even better? His inclusion in smash.
Conker is going to need more reps! I want Birdy with context sensitive special attacks! I would main Birdy so hard!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
How about a game featuring these guys?
It needs to be even worse.

Conker is going to need more reps! I want Birdy with context sensitive special attacks! I would main Birdy so hard!
Oh man I know it's an impossible pipe dream, but man I would main Conker so hard. He could be the worst character in the game and I'd still main him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some guy badmouthing video games for being violent, JRPGs being stereotypically associated with hardcore otaku/hikikomori, Nintendo franchise manga with sexual undertones...

Did I miss anything else?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Someone may have already asked this, but is everyone who bought Mario Kart 8 enjoying it?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well... If ya'll are bored I could use some help. I've been studying streaming, figuring out the equipment I need, and done tons of research on everything, but haven't in any way thought of what I'm going to call my stream... Any good stream name ideas?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well... If ya'll are bored I could use some help. I've been studying streaming, figuring out the equipment I need, and done tons of research on everything, but haven't in any way thought of what I'm going to call my stream... Any good stream name ideas?
Cappsaicin

Cappsized

Cappstone

Cappsillary Action

Streaming Night with Capps McGee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom