• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I have Aspergers Syndrome and I wasn't bringing up autism as a point of offense. Many people don't understand autism spectrum disorders, which may result in a lot of mislabeling.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
[People who play RPGs are] "depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games."
What.

Literally what.

A person who enjoys X type of genre is defined to be a shut in that does not know the thrill of fast paced games.

I can agree that I do like to sit alone in a dark room because they are far more comfortable than the light, but me being depressed is far from the truth, and since I play smash I definitely can say that I do not only play slow games.

Sounds to me like our old president had a bad case of "Stop liking what I don't like."

D

Deleted member

Snake isn't even officially deconfirmed. What a bunch of shmucks!
Oh no, Snake is deconfirmed. Look at the clouds in the Greninja trailer again. It clearly spells out "SNAKE DECONFIRMED." I don't know what you're talking about.

I can make things up too!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What.

Literally what.

A person who enjoys X type of genre is defined to be a shut in that does not know the thrill of fast paced games.

I can agree that I do like to sit alone in a dark room because they are far more comfortable than the light, but me being depressed is far from the truth, and since I play smash I definitely can say that I do not only play slow games.

Sounds to me like our old president had a bad case of "Stop liking what I don't like."

Well, this was also the guy that went "Let's make Nintendo 64 really hard to develop for so that only the REAL third party developers can make games on it!"

after that FF7 was a PS1 exclusive, and many third parties wanted nothing to do with Nintendo anymore. The man was a bit..... stubborn to say the least.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Anyhow...

Ya'll enjoying Mario Kart 8?
I am. I also found out that you can indeed hold items behind the car through seeing someone online do it, which leads me to believe you can have more than one item.

Favorite racers are Shy Guy, Roy, and Morton.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, this was also the guy that went "Let's make Nintendo 64 really hard to develop for so that only the REAL third party developers can make games on it!"

after that FF7 was a PS1 exclusive, and many third parties wanted nothing to do with Nintendo anymore. The man was a bit..... stubborn to say the least.
If only that carried over to the Wii onward. :smirk:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If only that carried over to the Wii onward. :smirk:
The Original Wii had a very NES problem. More often than not, the games made by 3rd parties for NES were made for the sake of being made. Wii had the big motion control excitement, and with it came alot of shovelware. NES of course had it's countless games based on movies/shows/anything else under the sun, alot of which were notoriously awful, and these games were largely just made to cash in on whatever was hot.

With the Wii, for every good game like Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and Kirby's Epic Yarn, there was also a CARNIVAL GAMES MINI GOLF or a Ninjabread Man or a Imagine Babyz or a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

With NES, for every good game like Super Mario Bros or Legend of Zelda or Punch-Out or Mega Man 2, there were also the subjects of Angry Video Game Nerd.

Considering that both systems started off with legendary fanfare, had some questionable advertising (The Wii was not the big workout machine it was played up to be and the NES was a video game player, not a robot toy), and both had an ENORMOUS shovelware problem (the NES made that even more confusing with the Seal of Quality, which just meant it was a licensed game, not that somebody actually played it to see if it was good), and due to said shovelware people at one point had wondered if Nintendo should call it quits (NES was "With all these shovelware games, it's gonna be the video game market crash all over again", with Wii it was "Only Nintendo games sell on Wii" ), due to all of that, I consider the Wii a reincarnation/reenactment of the NES.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I play all games I have alone 99% of the time lol. Living in a RV Park and participating in a online public school and not having a lot of interest to go out that much tend to do that though (But I got tired of that due to having lackluster IRL decks, and the shooter games I'm interested in are dominantly online based which makes it a no go for me, and Smash events here get hosted rather sporadically though I try to attend whenever they get hosted). That and most of the games I tend to play are mostly single player anyway lol.

I always play every game with the light on though xD.

And I'm definitely not depressed.

Anyhow...

Ya'll enjoying Mario Kart 8?
I'm not interested in the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I thinking more like Kart Kombat or whatever that Mortal Kombat minigame was. But that would kick ass too.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
What's that suppose to mean? This is the first time tourney players are ever being catered to by Nintendo basically. Try letting us have our moment? ._.
its possibru

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not that violent video games create violent people, it's that violent people are attracted to violent video games. Along with normal people, of course

The actual thing we're not talking about is the glorification of violence in the media.

With how much attention they give to killers, others that feel like they are nothing would rather leave a legacy of infamy if they can't have anything else.

How many of you know about the serial killers? The school shooters? I know serial killers were a favorite topic of some people, and commonly played documentaries on tv

Glorifying violence is going to get people to do violence just like glorifying anything else

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Gotz me some Malleo Cart VIII. Liking a bunch so far. Oh man dem graphics and awesome retro track redesigns.

And surprise surprise, Club Nintendo is struggling to stay up for me to register the game and get mah free game!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Needs more violence!

This comment made me think of another thing that happened today.

So Funimation is bringing Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods to North America, right? Obviously, alot of people already watched the subtitled version and the first thing people start doing is "This movie sucks! Not violent enough. Dbz is catering to a g-rated crowd now"

Then there's me. Big Dragon Ball fan, just sitting here facepalming. Dragon Ball has always been a shonen series, aka not a hyper-violent fantasy. Once again, I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again, I have never been a fan of how Funimation tried to make DBZ seem more edgy and dark and violent in it's North American English version than it actually ever was. It was a goofy superhero show from the 1980s with lots of quirky comedy throughout and a whole tongue-in-cheek feel that kind of defines the whole thing really what with all the punny names and things of that nature, not some kind of high-violence edgy fantasy.

If you want high-violence edgy fantasy... go check out Violence Jack or Fist of the North Star... or this meme I found of course.

28624162.jpg

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I actually feel a bit guilty now. It's like I knew he was just necromancing the dead horse!
Beck has made a career out of fear mongering and creating distracting paranodia among people that are the most easily frightened by things they don't understand. I'm pretty he knows that the video games can't teach someone how to hack and surely Watch Dogs of all games isn't going to do it, but he can use it to scare the heck out of people that don't know any better and that the whole point that's who pays him to listen to insanity driven pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom