• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hopefully; They've been on a roll with making good decisions as of late.
This sort of thing happened in Brawl whenever using custom names (which you know, always showed up above the characters), so I don't see why would it be different now.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This sort of thing happened in Brawl whenever using custom names (which you know, always showed up above the characters), so I don't see why would it be different now.
Oh yeah! Nametags! Forgot about those giving away a players position. However, they don't always follow players on stage. The tags toggle on and off periodically, thats different from the possibility of having an aiming reticule always tracking you.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh yeah! Nametags! Forgot about those giving away a players position. However, they don't always follow players on stage. The tags toggle on and off periodically, thats different from the possibility of having an aiming reticule always tracking you.
The name tags are always on, unlike the player tags.

When playing with name tags, they are always on, but when using stuff like Zelda's Up Special or Meta Knight's Down Special, they temporarily disappear.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The name tags are always on, unlike the player tags.
When playing with name tags, they are always on, but when using stuff like Zelda's Up Special or Meta Knight's Down Special, they temporarily disappear.
If what you say is true, I hope the lock on reticule follows suit.

D

Deleted member

So guys, I'm making a check list of things to look for in the Smash 4 demo at Best Buy current'y I have;

Returning mechanics to look for;
Melee Dash Dancing
Dash Cancel
RAR
Brawl Pivots
B-Reversals
Glide Tossing
Jab Cancel
Chain Grabs
Jump Cancels
Double Jump Cancels
Platform Cancel
DACUS
More OoS attacks
Gatling Combo
Hitstun Cancel
L-cancel
A form of Wave Landing
New mechanics;

Other;
Feel of the game
Speed
Thoughts on characters
Momentum

Anything else you guys can think of that you might want me to keep an eye out for?
Roll Speed/Viability (essentially, do they move very quickly, and can you act out of them really quickly or not?) since Wavedashing isn't returning.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think we'll all think of the villager as a psychopath. Even in the Animal Crossing games,some essentials of it just reminds you of Smash Bros.
0.gif

Yep.
It's harsh.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dang, Wario wasn't shown off, I guess we need to wait until E3 for him
Hold your hats.
Maybe confirmed Monday to celebrate that it was released WORLDWIDE....Yeah,maybe we have to wait until E3.

R0Y

Smash Master

Anyone know why it needs two USB chords?
A single cord for both power and data wouldn't provide enough power. Same reason external HDD's that don't have their own power source and require 2 USB ports on Wii U, 1 cord for both power and data wouldn't be enough within the USB 2.0 specification.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A single cord for both power and data wouldn't provide enough power. Same reason external HDD's that don't have their own power source and require 2 USB ports on Wii U, 1 cord for both power and data wouldn't be enough within the USB 2.0 specification.
Oh well I guess it explains it. I tough the same about the ports but I didn't know why it had to take 2 of them.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Just plopped down my first payment towards a streaming 3DS thanks to the kindness of an owner. Next month... I'll be ready to stream baby. Oh man am I hype for smash. If there is any kind of midnight release, I'm there and streaming after ASAP.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh look. This is adorable.

I'm yet to watch this (loading it ATM.) Other than that, what else is there to it besides more commentary fodder and rage induction? The media is full of scumbags like him and the sensationalism they put out needs to be made illegal. It's downright sickening and harmful to many people.

If Glenny boy and his pendantic pundits here are so rip**** about FPSes and other hyper-violent games, I wonder what they think of people who play Nintendo games and JRPGs.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I wonder what they think of people who play Nintendo games and JRPGs.
The old Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, once controversially stated his opinion on people who play RPGs.

He said:

[People who play RPGs are] "depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games."

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Can't wait to see how the media would spin that one around. Probably combined with accusations of anxiety disorder and autism as well as stretching out notions that games are for children and unsavory sexual fetishes. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom