• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This may seem random, but when are we gonna have Rosalina, Rouge, Bowser Jr, and Tikal in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games?

Also, about Disney villains, I'd say Captain Hook. His quotes in the movie make me laugh

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
This may seem random, but when are we gonna have Rosalina, Rouge, Bowser Jr, and Tikal in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games?

Also, about Disney villains, I'd say Captain Hook. His quotes in the movie make me laugh
"Do you want a splash?

I'LL GIVE YOU A SPLASH!"

I like me some Oogie Boogie. But then again, Nightmare Before Christmas is the blast to me.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Favorite Disney Villains - Gaston, Hades, Prince John, Kaa, The Red Queen, Frollo, Jafar... the list goes on and on.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If I had to pick top 3 Disney villains:

1. Oogie Boogie

2. Hades

3. Kronk (the fact that he's played by the guy that plays Joe on Family Guy seals the deal for me, plus he's just so fun to watch)

4. The Horned King

5. Chernabog... that whole part scared me as a kid

Chernabog_fire.jpg

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Favorite Disney Villains:

1). Randell (Monsters Inc.)
2). Hades (Hercules)
3). The Prosecutor (Toy Story 2)
4). Oogie Boogie (Nightmare Before Christmas)
5). Lotso (Toy Story 3)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Top 5, huh?

1. Mother Gothel
2. Ursula
3. Frollo
4. Hades
5. Gaston

And I'll do my top 5 Disney Princesses as well (not limiting myself to official ones, though.):

1. Mulan
2. Rapunzel
3. Kida
4. Esmeralda
5. Belle

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It seems like Disney likes to pretend that this movie doesn't exist. Even when they re-release it on video it's really half-reared, not a big Platinum or Diamond or whatever else video release they have. They just sorta poop it out and go "there ya go".

Horned King is terrifying to even look at
Black-cauldron-disneyscreencaps.com-7166.jpg

And that's not counting the deleted scenes that have never officially been released. In the case of Black Cauldron, it was because it was kinda graphic... the way the music jumps after the skeletons jump to tear the people apart... yeah, kinda obvious something is missing.

As quoted from Wikipedia regarding the 12 minutes of deleted scenes:

"While most of the scenes were seamlessly removed from the film, one particular cut involving a Cauldron Born killing a person by slicing his neck and another one killing another person by slicing his torso created a rather recognizable lapse due to the fact that the removal of the scene creates a jump in the film's soundtrack"

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
My favorite Disney Villains?

1.Frollo
2.Frollo
3.Frollo
4.Frollo
5.Captain Barbosa
6.Frollofrollofrollofrollo
7.Whoever the hell Tim Curry played in the 3 musketeers(I always just call him Tim Curry)
8.Frollo

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Black Cauldron's awesome. Definitely in my Top 5.

I also loved the book series it was based off of. One of my favorites growing up.

Smooth Criminal

APPARENTLY the uncut version is still holed away somewhere in Disney. The "Master Negative" so to speak. Former Disney animator had this to say

"THE BLACK CAULDRON was stripped of 12 minutes of finished animation -- animation that had already been scored and completed. In an effort to "relieve the darkness" from the film, newly hired executive Jeffrey Katzenberg cut moments from the film already scored by Elmer Bernstein. Chief among these edits were the removal of moments of violence and horror as the Balck Cauldron raised an army of the dead, who in turn killed all in their path.

Former Disney animator Michael Peraza states on his blog that not only has a black-and-white work in progress version of The Black Cauldron, he states the actual original negative is indeed the uncut version of the film, which then-newly-hired Jeffrey Katzenberg cut by 12 minutes.

Mr. Peraza writes:

"When Katzenberg first screened the film (Cauldron) he told us to cut it by 10 minutes. Roy Disney and I got together and found some scenes we could get rid of that didn't affect the story that much." When they ran it agin for Jeffrey and the film finished he asked Roy, "Is that 10 minutes?" When Roy replied that no it was only around 6 minutes. Jeffrey stated, "I said 10 minutes!" Joe [Hale] continued, "Eventually he (Jeffrey) cut out about 12 minutes which really hurt the picture. "

[snip]

"I talked with Roy E. Disney about restoring the cuts when I learned that it would be put on VCR tape. As I am sure that you know, the original version would be on the master negative, as the master negative is never cut. It's the "inner negative" that is cut. So all that is needed, would be to to make another "inner negative" from the master and all the cuts would be restored. Roy did not want to go to that expense for the release of the tape."

So, it is possible that one day, the uncut, darker, and more graphic version of the film may be seen. It exists. Here's hoping Disney restores this film for the future, inevitable Blu-Ray release."

Come on Disney... you know what to do.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For once I might actually like Tingle.
Remember all those lists a few pages back with characters like Linebeck, Skull Kid, and Vaati? Based on some of Aonuma's comments, something like that could happen.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Chernobog since he wins the award for the most frightening and overpowered Disney villain in history. Nobody can beat him in that category.
I just realized you can drag avatars to reveal their full size. For example I can see Ike's pants, disappointing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom