• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided to check out the digimon games, and am actually really disappointed in how few digimon they have available

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I decided to check out the digimon games, and am actually really disappointed in how few digimon they have available
Which ones are you playing? Digimon World 2 had a decent number of Digimon available.
None of the Digimon games ever approach crazy pokemon levels of monsters available as far as I'm aware. Probably more than monster rancher though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is 1132 digimon

Why don't they make something useful with them, like a game?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Challenge accepted.
I guess no matter what odds I struggle against, what trials and tribulations I overcome, I will never be enough in your eyes. I could move mountains and you would think I was still just a boy. You have tried to deny me at every turn and there is just no pleasing you.

But I tell you what - I am going to start living on my own terms now. I don't need yours or anyone else's opinion or respect to continue carrying on my good self. I am a new man with a lease on life unfettered by your indifference and impossible standards. For every breath you take, I will have lived fifty lives worthy of the Olympians. There will be absolutely nothing you can do to hold me back - for No God Can Stop A Hungry Man.

You will find yourself out in the dark, a mere satellite of the unstoppable immaculate wonder I will become. If you stand in my way, I will send your dust scattering across the cosmos with one mighty blow, separating you as far as the East is from the West.

In the empty life you and your ilk will try to eke out in the shadows of my radiance, you will find no comfort, no progress great enough to restore any kind of meaning to your lives. In your crushed state, you will not even be able to whisper loud enough to cross the chasm of my ascension to beg for forgiveness.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Izzy learned how to quick travel in the digital world by uploading their data to different domains, but I don't think they ever do it past this episode

Edit: Since they are data, they can be copied or backed up or something

If they died in the digital world, but were "saved" before dying, would they still be them?

Or ...something new just with the same memories

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I woke up, and found a worm in my room. Great.
Other than that, how's it goin'?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously, there are digimon that have never appeared in ANY kind of media.

Not the games, the anime, the manga, OR the cards. Nothing.

Yet somehow they are canon to the universe in whole

Why make up so many things if you aren't going to use them?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seriously, there are digimon that have never appeared in ANY kind of media.

Not the games, the anime, the manga, OR the cards. Nothing.

Yet somehow they are canon to the universe in whole

Why make up so many things if you aren't going to use them?
Either to build up the lore of the universe or to introduce them later.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wonder what that 90 minute developer discussion about SSB4 will be like...

Will it be like the Smash direct, or will it be some matches played? Or just a boring discussion about Smash without any noteworthy things revealed?

-----

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Will it be like the Smash direct, or will it be some matches played? Or just a boring discussion about Smash without any noteworthy things revealed?

-----
Unfortunately, I can't see it being as good as the Direct. We'll get a short,exciting trailer during the main presentation, then Sakurai will discuss it further in the 90 minute DD, with a few matches, character discussions and boringness.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

-----
I highly doubt that a 90 minute Smash Developer Direct at E3 won't have anything revealed.

I'm just wondering if the newcomers we get will be shown early on or not. Depending on the answer, we may get gameplay for the E3 2014 newcomers similar to the explanations in the Direct.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

-----

It'll be nothing but Sakurai dancing in a swanky manner to the Lupin III theme with some help from Reggie and Iwata.

Trust me. I'll bet my very last kosher pickle on it :)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Unfortunately, I can't see it being as good as the Direct. We'll get a short,exciting trailer during the main presentation, then Sakurai will discuss it further in the 90 minute DD, with a few matches, character discussions and boringness.
To be honest that's what I'm hoping for. I don't want to see all the new features, I want to see how a few of them actually work.
We know a lot of items for example, but many of them we haven't even seen in action.
Another Direct like the one in April would be too much, it basically killed half the hype for the game by revealing far too much.
Also, I want to see more stages rather than actual playable characters.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I guess no matter what odds I struggle against, what trials and tribulations I overcome, I will never be enough in your eyes. I could move mountains and you would think I was still just a boy. You have tried to deny me at every turn and there is just no pleasing you.

But I tell you what - I am going to start living on my own terms now. I don't need yours or anyone else's opinion or respect to continue carrying on my good self. I am a new man with a lease on life unfettered by your indifference and impossible standards. For every breath you take, I will have lived fifty lives worthy of the Olympians. There will be absolutely nothing you can do to hold me back - for No God Can Stop A Hungry Man.

You will find yourself out in the dark, a mere satellite of the unstoppable immaculate wonder I will become. If you stand in my way, I will send your dust scattering across the cosmos with one mighty blow, separating you as far as the East is from the West.

In the empty life you and your ilk will try to eke out in the shadows of my radiance, you will find no comfort, no progress great enough to restore any kind of meaning to your lives. In your crushed state, you will not even be able to whisper loud enough to cross the chasm of my ascension to beg for forgiveness.
Pity like. For the good sir.

To be honest that's what I'm hoping for. I don't want to see all the new features, I want to see how a few of them actually work.
We know a lot of items for example, but many of them we haven't even seen in action.
Another Direct like the one in April would be too much, it basically killed half the hype for the game by revealing far too much.
Also, I want to see more stages rather than actual playable characters.
In all fairness, the Direct revealing so much info raised my average blood temperature to SMASH BROTHERS.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

-----
I'm game for anything, even just a few normal matches. I'm sure that seeing the game being played will be a delight to the technical fans.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Which in itself was a rip-off of Punch Time Explosion.

----
Which is a rip off of TMNT: Smash Up. That of which is a spiritual successor to Mary-Kate and Ashley: Girls Night Out. Or so I've heard.

Mary-Kate and Ashley, The setting the trends long after Full House.
Speaking of which, I want Capcom Vs. Full House. Uncle Jesse for SS-Tier

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dragon Ball Z Kai will finally be on Toonami in all its uncensored and violent glory. I just hope Vegeta doesn't say Over 8,000 instead of the more famous variation. Goku is love, Goku is life.

On an explicit and terrifying side note (Warning for disturbing text),
A friend of mines dared me to google "circle jerk" and it's some sick tradition where young teenage Americans pleasure in a circle. And that proves how ****ed up most Americans are. THANK God I never knew what it was or did it in the first place during my teen years. 2 Girls 1 Cup was already a horrifying experience due to losing a bet. :urg: *shudders*

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Dragon Ball Z Kai will finally be on Toonami in all its uncensored and violent glory. I just hope Vegeta doesn't say Over 8,000 instead of the more famous variation. Goku is love, Goku is life.

A friend of mines dared me to google "circle jerk" and it's some sick tradition where young teenage Americans pleasure in a circle. And that proves how ****ed up most Americans are. THANK God I never knew what it was or did it in the first place during my teen years. 2 Girls 1 Cup was already a horrifying experience due to losing a bet. :urg: *shudders*
Honestly, I'm rarely proud to be an American.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I've always joked around with friends talking about circle jerk, but it has never crossed my mind to actually take part of such a thing.
That is one activity that is at the top of my ****-it list.
I'm fortunate enough to never have seen 2 girls 1 cup myself, but from what I've heard from friends and acquaintances I'm not missing out on anything "heart-warming"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom