• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, Snake is a lost cause at this point. I don't see Nintendo paying out money to license a character that currently has no future on their platforms and free advertisements for PS4, Xbox One and Konami at their expense.
Brawl advertised MGS4. I don't see what the issue is unless Kojima says no.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, Snake is a lost cause at this point. I don't see Nintendo paying out money to license a character that currently has no future on their platforms and free advertisements for PS4, Xbox One and Konami at their expense.
I doubt this is a serious problem. If Snake isn't in, it will probably be because of the other Third Parties being prioritized over him.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... that leak.. it's pretty good. I won't surprised if it's real. Better than the Sal leak anyway.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I recently found the greatest NeoGAF thread there is. One about the worst fighting games.
And I found this gem:
(Actual gameplay starts at 4:10)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I doubt this is a serious problem. If Snake isn't in, it will probably be because of the other Third Parties being prioritized over him.
Or maybe the fact that Konami announced they have no immediate plans to support Wii U and to some extent, 3DS.

Brawl advertised MGS4. I don't see what the issue is unless Kojima says no.
It's not up to Kojima. At all.

Kojima Productions was not even credited in Smash Bros Brawl.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
That's a legitimate concern. But your other point was not.
Both points mesh together.

Konami doesn't want to fund a Wii U version of MGSV. Wii U is capable of having that game. It isn't like MGS is exclusive to Sony now. So why Xbox One/360 and not Wii U. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with it.

Snake in Brawl was a very special circumstance. Because during that time Brawl was coming out off the heels of a great relationship that Nintendo and Konami fostered. Things are totally different now.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Both points mesh together.

Konami doesn't want to fund a Wii U version of MGSV. Wii U is capable of having that game. It isn't like MGS is exclusive to Sony now. So why Xbox One/360 and not Wii U. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with it.

Snake in Brawl was a very special circumstance. Because during that time Brawl was coming out off the heels of a great relationship that Nintendo and Konami fostered. Things are totally different now.
Konami's always been anti-Nintendo with Metal Gear, considering the only three Metal Gear games on Nintendo consoles are all remakes (Metal Gear-NES, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes- Gamecube (remake of original Metal Gear Solid), and MGS 3 on 3DS). Snake has no reason to be in Smash as a Konami rep other than seniority. The spot should go to Simon Bellmont or, even better, Bomberman.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Konami's always been anti-Nintendo with Metal Gear, considering the only three Metal Gear games on Nintendo consoles are all remakes (Metal Gear-NES, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes- Gamecube (remake of original Metal Gear Solid), and MGS 3 on 3DS). Snake has no reason to be in Smash as a Konami rep other than seniority. The spot should go to Simon Bellmont or, even better, Bomberman.
There's also Snake's Revenge and Metal Gear Ghost Babel. Both of which are non-canonical games.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The reason Snake was chosen over someone like Simon was because it was Snake's creator who wanted him in Smash (for his son's sake). It's kind of a weird reason, but whatever.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

Ha, Bomberman.

Konami bought Hudson Soft in 2011 and within months shut them down. I guess it was their cruel way of securing those IP for themselves.

And they're not putting them to any use. Just releasing Castlevania, MGS and PES. No Goemon. Obscure Konami games except for that weird dating sim in Japan...

What a mess. And they're moving a bit away from video games and towards sports.

D

Deleted member

Ha, Bomberman.

Konami bought Hudson Soft in 2011 and within months shut them down. I guess it was their cruel way of securing those IP for themselves.

And they're not putting them to any use. Just releasing Castlevania, MGS and PES. No Goemon. Obscure Konami games except for that weird dating sim in Japan...

What a mess. And they're moving a bit away from video games and towards sports.
Which is a shame...I'm still waiting for a good Silent Hill game but that won't ever happen with Team Silent gone & Konami botching the IP up.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bomberman would still be my number 1 choice after Mega Man and Sonic

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd love a PS rep. My number one pick will never happen though, Ratchet and Clank. It's a shame Crash isn't big anymore. He gave Mario a good challenge for a while.
I wouldn't exactly say Bomberman was a PS rep

He had a lot of SNES games and Bomberman 64, which is a game I used to love

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Uhhhhh Metal Gear 1 and 2?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Uhhhhh Metal Gear 1 and 2?
First came out on the msx2. The NES versions are non-canon.
But yeah, the guy you quoted mentioned the Metal Gear NES game.

I somehow missed that he mentioned the first one(I need to read better), but he didn't mention the second one.

And I didn't know they were ports.
Hmmm. They're not exactly carbon-copy ports, but they are very similar.
I don't think there's a Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the NES, either. There's just a game called Snake's Revenge.

Kojima created Metal Gear 2 for the MSX2 in response to Snake's Revenge.

----

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
First came out on the msx2. The NES versions are non-canon.
But yeah, the guy you quoted mentioned the Metal Gear NES game.

----
I somehow missed that he mentioned the first one(I need to read better), but he didn't mention the second one.

And I didn't know they were ports.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I went to a Smashfest today, I can only hope that they start becoming a common occurrence where I live again and not a rare occurrence (as it is now).

Played a good bit of Brawl and PM, I also brought Melee but it didn't get played lol though it was getting played when I first arrived (but then it got switch to Brawl when I got there lol).

Got my ass kicked (for the most part, I was able to scrape a few wins but they were mostly due to me having a good luck, like my opponent SDing and stuff like that), as expected, I'm so bad xD.

Still, I'm really leaning towards Pit and Charizard for Project M. Both feel fantastic to control, and it was ****ing awesome getting a triple Fair combo with Pit. But goddammit I need to get out of the habit of rolling so much for both games x_x.

Still. I got some good advice from one our region's best players, so that's a big plus.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So people keep speculating about the roster for Hyrule Warriors. Never fear, I have successfully thrown anyone notable with fighting capabilities gathered the best Zelda characters to take place in such a spectacle.

Hyrule Roster.png

The two NEWCOMER icons are for unannounced Original Characters. Last row is guests.

BASK IN THE GLORY. Enjoy!
EDIT: ALSO, Shulk could take Isaac's spot if need be.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So people keep speculating about the roster for Hyrule Warriors. Never fear, I have successfully thrown anyone notable with fighting capabilities gathered the best Zelda characters to take place in such a spectacle.

View attachment 14719

The two NEWCOMER icons are for unannounced Original Characters. Last row is guests.

Needs Ruto and King Harkinian

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

View attachment 14719

OMG I would kill for Vatii, Ralf, and Kafei. I would be slightly less willing to but still consider killing for Medli and Makar. Unfortunately they're all on the less likely side except maybe Vatii.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Oh that's cool. Mario Kart 64 (250c) and Super Metroid (200c) rewards on Club Nintendo.

Wonder when we find out what the Gold/Platinum rewards are? I earned 1210 coins this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 14719

No King Harkinian?

After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, THEN we can talk mercy! Take him away!

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Wondering what I should spend my other 960 coins on. :/ Decisions, decisions...
(had just bought MK64, btw)

EDIT: Bought the Pikmin tote bag and A Link Between Worlds poster set.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Everything I want from Hyrule Warriors is guaranteed... to not be in. :c

Poor Kaepora Gaebora.
We seriously could get playable Kaepora Gaebora if they want to make all the sages playable. Who knows. We really don't know what they're going for with this game.

Also, your sig makes me want to play ass generic Hyrule solider. The true hero of Hyrule.

Edit:Woops, as generic Hyrule solider. Not "Ass Generic Solider, the true hero of Hyrule". Awkward typo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom