• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No, you don't see anyone requesting those characters because they are assassinated by the torrental wave of Pacman.
Perhaps. But the lack of any posts about them whatsoever should tell that there are some pretty strong reasons.

I couldn't find the interview where Sakurai shot them down, but I did find one where Harada isn't overly eager to see them in Smash. Here

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So I'm updating my Mii (MaskO') right? And I found some more options, and work on him... and I got him to look a lot like me. Then I got semi-excited to see Miis in Smash 4, if only to see me kick some tail with Pit and King Dedede. :laugh:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Perhaps. But the lack of any posts about them whatsoever should tell that there are some pretty strong reasons.

I couldn't find the interview where Sakurai shot them down, but I did find one where Harada isn't overly eager to see them in Smash. Here
I found it http://nintendoeverything.com/why-sakurai-isnt-keen-on-adding-fighting-characters-to-smash-bros/

He actually didn't go "no fighting game characters" so much as he went on with his usual "this character doesn't add anything unique to the series"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Punch-Out is more of a puzzle game, if anything. It's all about taking advantage of patterns and noticing slight visual and audio clues to find openings in your opponent's' defense. It's kind of like Simon Says or Bop It except, instead of a loud booping sound if you mess up, you get punched in the face. :laugh:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm on the size of it being a puzzle/rhythm game. Still, Sakurai has done something cool with him from the looks of things so he doesn't feel like an everyday fighter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's a bit of a stretch considering Ike wasn't even in Sacred Stones, it was the NA release, and SS is no more important than any of the other FE titles. As far as I'm concerned, Ike was still a random reveal, just like Marth back in November.
You misunderstood slightly. Anniversary of a Fire Emblem character, shows off a FE-related thing.

That's more or less what people are thinking at best. Marth's was actually random, since there's no release date to tie it to. Possibly not even a anniversary, but I don't know which game was released on that particular date(but a different year).

I'm not ultimately sure it was entirely random, just random enough for "Pick a FE anniversary, show off Ike. Boom, done." at best.

I thought Sakurai said a while back that characters who originated in fighting games can't be playable, of course, I may be mistaken.
You are. He said characters similar to ones already in Smash from a fighting game wouldn't be added.

Not them period. Tekken/Soul Calibur are of course possible. It's just a matter of them being chosen as is.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My god, my siblings are obsessed with Disney Channel. I'm never watched Frozen, but I've heard "Let It Go" about 30,000 times a day for the past six months.
I bought the song on Itunes. I used to listen to it everyday; but of course, that becomes redundant after about a month. I feel bad for you.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My god, my siblings are obsessed with Disney Channel. I'm never watched Frozen, but I've heard "Let It Go" about 30,000 times a day for the past six months.
"Get it out... get it out, Get this song out of my head! Get it out.... get it out, I'll sing anything else instead!"

D

Deleted member

"Get it out... get it out, Get this song out of my head! Get it out.... get it out, I'll sing anything else instead!"
Theres only one cure to get that song out of your head....

And it starts with "Ducktales! Woohoo!!"

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really like the original song too much anymore, but this cover offers some variety. He is a really talented guitarist, I prefer some of his other stuff to be honest, but that isn't really relevant.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No Disney song will ever stick onto me more than "you got a friend in me". Ironically I am watching Toy Story now- going back into the audio commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom