• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I wish Ike was the only thing on the table today... All that sponsor drama crap is annoying...

But for Ike I'm not dissapointed. He does have a unique style, I just secretly hoped it might be moved to Ganon so her could finally friggin use his sword!!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Another neay thong about Robin: Wjile his/her personality is known, there are some choices that the player has to make, and some ambiguois stuff about him/her.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
By the way, is there no one (besides me) who wanted Ike to keep his PoR look?

That is the only complaint I have about Smash 4 Ike. My brother loves his new buff look though.
I was kinda hoping for the Awakening version
fea-ike.jpg

I really like the armor on that version.

I guess I'm just glad that the Ike they used isn't a copy paste of the Brawl design like Zelda basically is.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I personally hope, if Robin gets in, that they don't give them the option to change their gender like the WFT or Villager, as Robin's character is much more defined than them and it would be awkward.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I personally hope, if Robin gets in, that they don't give them the option to change their gender like the WFT or Villager, as Robin's character is much more defined than them and it would be awkward.
I had come here to hear about Ike talk and this is the first post I see.

If this is fire emblem awakening robin that I think you're talking about; You do realize that its a character you get to choose the gender of right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's poor reasoning considering Robin/Avatar's personality doesn't differ with the gender.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
That's completely missing the point.

Robin's character is very apparent, whereas Villager has none. Villager is mute, Robin talks a lot.
I don't understand your point. Like at all, not giving us the option to change their gender would be madness. My Robin was female and i think FRobin is better than male Robin, should I wish for MRobin to not be included? That would be ridiculous. Robin has the same kind of personality regardless the gender you chose and their fighting style is the same

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's completely missing the point.

Robin's character is very apparent, whereas Villager has none. Villager is mute, Robin talks a lot.
Well, he won't be talking much in Smash Bros. though. Facial Expressions are all you have to convey your personality in Smash. And Robin isn't a prime candidate to get Smash taunts like Fox or Snake.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You stated:
"It wouldn't make sense to have Robin have selectable gender, because he/she talks a lot and has personality."

I countered with:
"Regardless of Robin's gender, his/her personality remains the same. Therefore, having a personality/talking roles isn't an impediment to have Robin to have gender options, much like the original game."

What I mean to say is that much like how Robin's gender wouldn't change his/her personality and his/her role in the story in Fire Emblem: Awakening, he/she could also have a selectable gender in Smash Bros. without stopping him/her from having his/her personality traits from the source game.

Long story short: Robin isn't defined by his/her gender and much like the Villager, he/she is a player avatar. Ergo, he/she should have the gender option.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, he won't be talking much in Smash Bros. though. Facial Expressions are all you have to convey your personality in Smash. And Robin isn't a prime candidate to get Smash taunts like Fox or Snake.
I guess. But I think it it weird to have gender swaps in general.

edit: And I don't like being ganged up on.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Robin would not be a problem for having 2 different genders in Smash. It just means Robin would need 2 different voice clips.

I don't see what the huge deal is.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well first, how 'bout waiting till Robin gets in Smash? I think that comes before alternate costumes.
That aside, I'll remain neutral on this topic (mostly because I don't really know much of the character).

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why we're even talking about Robin. Anna is definitely the ideal choice.
While i think Anna would be a decent addition, Robin could potentially add more things to the game, as a magic user. Anna would probably play as a mix between greninja and Marth imo. I still think it would be a welcomed character, but a more obscure one (in Awakening) as it can only be recruited through a paralogue

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While i think Anna would be a decent addition, Robin could potentially add more things to the game, as a magic user. Anna would probably play as a mix between greninja and Marth imo. I still think it would be a welcomed character, but a more obscure one (in Awakening) as it can only be recruited through a paralogue
Anna is in every Fire Emblem. So it the Levin Sword (which her supporters expect she will use)

She not be somewhat obscure, but she has seniority.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anna is in every Fire Emblem. So it the Levin Sword (which her supporters expect she will use)
She was in all but one Fire Emblem.

But all of her roles were mainly cameos, either a shop keeper, or tutorial thing, or house person. It wasn't till Awakening that she became playable.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
She was in all but one Fire Emblem.

But all of her roles were mainly cameos, either a shop keeper, or tutorial thing, or house person. It wasn't till Awakening that she became playable.
Yeah, but judging from how she was featured, it would be extremely hard for someone knowledgeable about FE to not know who she is.

Determining "prominence" in Fire Emblem is subjective as there are very few things you actually have to do.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, but judging from how she was featured, it would be extremely hard for someone knowledgeable about FE to not know who she is.

Determining "prominence" in Fire Emblem is subjective as there are very few things you actually have to do.
It's pretty easy in my opinion.

Appear in more then 1 game.

Play an important role in at least one game.

Or both.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, what about a FE villain?
I always hear talk about the lords, but never the villains.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, most FE villains are one shots. They almost never play a role in the next game, at least not as a character.

The only villain I even know about that had an actually recurring appearance is Black Knight.

A case could be made for Hardin, however, as he first appeared as a playable character for FE1/FE11 but then came back as a bad guy for FE3/FE12.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like mine?
I don't get any badass vibes from your avatar.

You know, what about a FE villain?
I always hear talk about the lords, but never the villains.
There are a lot of them.

Exceptions aside, every Fire Emblem game is set in a different world with entirely different characters. Marth is the main character of the first and third games (as well as their respective remakes), while Ike appears in the ninth and tenth games.

This said, every villain is often a one shot. A notable exception is the Black Knight who appears in both games featuring Ike. There's also Gharnef from Marth's games, but he isn't nearly as known as the Black Knight is.

Robin/Avatar could kind of count as a villainous character, if you count his Grima-possessed self...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't get any badass vibes from your avatar.
I have some of those vibes (I think).

There are a lot of them.

Exceptions aside, every Fire Emblem game is set in a different world with entirely different characters. Marth is the main character of the first and third games (as well as their respective remakes), while Ike appears in the ninth and tenth games.

This said, every villain is often a one shot. A notable exception is the Black Knight who appears in both games featuring Ike. There's also Gharnef from Marth's games, but he isn't nearly as known as the Black Knight is.

Robin/Avatar could kind of count as a villainous character, if you count his Grima-possessed self...
Huh.
Well, is the Black Knight any sorts of iconic? Or have some sort of influence within the franchise?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since ike is back which I am not surprised by, don't be surprised if no one but squirtle and ivysaur are gone.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Don't mean to sound rude, but you should go check the dictionary. :p

My rule for avatars...
- Should be Toon Link
- Or, a character I really like.

If Toon Link, must have a blue vest.
What's wrong with Krystal

And one more thing, I found a joke thread named "Steak" in the Sonic discussion area that probably needs to be locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom