• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

In my perfect Smash game, I'd go that way. I'm about 50/50 on the Chrom to Robin ratio right now.
As long as Robin uses magic I'll be happy, I've been waiting for an elemental magic user for a long time now.

Certainly Zelda technically uses magic, but I still think the magic she uses is too generic, style wise, and that she has too many physical moves to be considered a "true" magic user.

Also, given how Robin can use both swords and magic, I think it'd be really cool if he/she could be given a Spellsword moveset, but of course there may be issues with this since canonically magic users in the FE franchise have held the tomes of the magic they're using.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As long as Robin uses magic I'll be happy, I've been waiting for an elemental magic user for a long time now.

Certainly Zelda technically uses magic, but I still think the magic she uses is too generic, style wise, and that she has too many physical moves to be considered a "true" magic user.

Also, given how Robin can use both swords and magic, I think it'd be really cool if he/she could be given a Spellsword moveset, but of course there may be issues with this since canonically magic users in the FE franchise have held the tomes of the magic they're using.
My model for Robin has her carry a tome but have a sword in a scabbard attached at their hip. So that they can use both.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Smash doesn't care about canon.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Full resolution Ike artwork is Full resolution.
Smash Ike.jpg

I'm still surprised at how many people don't know that there is official full resolution artwork.

D

Deleted member

My model for Robin has her carry a tome but have a sword in a scabbard attached at their hip. So that they can use both.
Hm, I never thought about it that way, that certainly opens up some possibilities then as it makes Robin more flexible overall, if her model were like this I imagine his/her swordplay would work with the concept of Robin sheathing the sword after he/she strikes (for example, her neutral A combo string could be 3 successive sword strikes, followed by a sheathing). I would also then imagine having a somewhat even split between sword and magic attacks (for specials, aerials, etc.) would become easier, although personally I would favor a moveset in which magic was the predominant form of combat in Robin's special moves. Hopefully though this style could be implemented in such a way that the magic didn't have to be restricted to special moves and the casting of spells wouldn't have so much starting/ending lag so as to not be viable as part of Robin's "normal" (A button) attack moveset.

I imagine then also her stance could be somewhat similar to Katarina's:

(This could be a non-scabbard alternative perhaps)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hm, I never thought about it that way, that certainly opens up some possibilities then as it makes Robin more flexible overall, if her model were like this I imagine his/her swordplay would work with the concept of Robin sheathing the sword after he/she strikes (for example, her neutral A combo string could be 3 successive sword strikes, followed by a sheathing). I would also then imagine having a somewhat even split between sword and magic attacks (for specials, aerials, etc.) would become easier, although personally I would favor a moveset in which magic was the predominant form of combat in Robin's special moves. Hopefully though this style could be implemented in such a way that the magic didn't have to be restricted to special moves and the casting of spells wouldn't have so much starting/ending lag so as to not be viable as part of Robin's "normal" (A button) attack moveset.

I imagine then also her stance could be somewhat similar to Katarina's:

(This could be a non-scabbard alternative perhaps)

EDIT: Sorry for the large image, I don't know how to make spoiler tabs (how is this done?)
[ /collapse]

Just remove the space in between the slash and the bracket.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So glad Ike is back. I never really used him, but I liked him as a character.

Plus, we can kill the "pattern" that Roy left behind.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So glad Ike is back. I never really used him, but I liked him as a character.

Plus, we can kill the "pattern" that Roy left behind.
He only got cut from brawl last minute cus he was a clone. He was one of the "Forbidden 7". At best, Roy will be an alt costume for Marth.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
All you guys are arguing about Ike vs. Chrom vs. Lucina vs. whoever the hell this "Robin" dude is.

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here thinking that Tharja would probably be a good choice since she seems to be everywhere these days. Seriously, she's the one Awakening character I see absolutely everywhere I go even if Fire Emblem has nothing to do with the place or discussion. She seems to have left a big impression on lots of people and everyone really likes her.

Though I can take a guess and say that there's one big reason why that's the case. ¦D

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I love how Youtube has a bunch of butthurt comments about Ike being overpowered and Chrom's chances.

Even though, you know, we don't know the full roster.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I honestly would prefer Robin.

Magic + other abilities really makes him/her a lot more interesting for a fighting game. To me at least.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All you guys are arguing about Ike vs. Chrom vs. Lucina vs. whoever the hell this "Robin" dude is.

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here thinking that Tharja would probably be a good choice since she seems to be everywhere these days. Seriously, she's the one Awakening character I see absolutely everywhere I go even if Fire Emblem has nothing to do with the place or discussion. She seems to have left a big impression on lots of people and everyone really likes her.

Though I can take a guess and say that there's one big reason why that's the case. ¦D
Two big reasons, actually.

She's insignificant and sort of too...sexually provocative for Smash.

That's...that's what you meant, right?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Two big reasons, actually.

She's insignificant and sort of too...sexually provocative for Smash.

That's...that's what you meant, right?
...I said one big reason why people LIKE her so much and why she seems to be everywhere. You clearly read the post wrong. ¦D

And lol thinking significance matters for Smash. That's only the case for someone like Waluigi, as much as I hate to admit it.

Robin is the true MC of the game. :p

Really though, Robin is the default name for the avatar character. And is one of the main characters of the game.
Never heard of him.

There's an avatar character? You don't just play as Chrom? I figured he was the main character.

This is me asking as someone who doesn't play Fire Emblem. (And never will.)

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
...I said one big reason why people LIKE her so much and why she seems to be everywhere. You clearly read the post wrong. ¦D

And lol thinking significance matters for Smash. That's only the case for someone like Waluigi, as much as I hate to admit it.

Never heard of him.

There's an avatar character? You don't just play as Chrom? I figured he was the main character.

Here's Robin.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Never heard of him.

You are also in FE games as a "strategist' for your army, which includes Chrom, Marth, Ike, other FE characters. Robin was just the default name for these player characters.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Here's Robin.
Thanks Peacock. :3

Huh, avatar indeed since there's two genders, I see.

You are also in FE games as a "strategist' for your army, which includes Chrom, Marth, Ike, other FE characters. Robin was just the default name for these player characters.
I see...Huh. I had no idea. Thanks for the info.

Well if that's the case, I'd prefer Robin over Chrom, though I'd still prefer Lucina over Robin.

Though I'd prefer Tharja overall.

But then out of nowhere, we're all surprised by Eliwood making a surprise appearance to be the new and improved replacement for Roy. ¦D

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Only FE7, 12, and 13 had the strategist thing, that I know of,

FE7 has Lyn refer to you a couple of times, from what I've been told as this is the only western released FE game I haven;t gotten to play yet.

FE12 did the whole avatar thing first, but the game is Japan only so I never got to play it.

And then Awakening expanded upon it.

And honestly. I would probably argue that Robin is the true main character of the game.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is worth a thread, but I was wondering something. If we really have to accept wireless controllers, will the standard be 2-4 wiimotes per station for the players to connect and disconnect at their controllers?

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
The Avatar literally never shows up in cut scenes though. :p
Really? I've only played a couple of hours, but I remember thinking to myself, "Huh, for a custom protagonist, this guy really makes his presence known."

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

Never heard of him.

in games like fire emblem you dont control one character, even though you are personified as Robin, wich you create and personalize its looks at the beggining, you actually control a really big number (up to 12-ish iirc) of units that you have to move across the map and attack the enemy units. Its more of an strategy game with RPG mechanics

D

Deleted member

Only FE7, 12, and 13 had the strategist thing, that I know of,

FE7 has Lyn refer to you a couple of times, from what I've been told as this is the only western released FE game I haven;t gotten to play yet.

FE12 did the whole avatar thing first, but the game is Japan only so I never got to play it.

And then Awakening expanded upon it.

And honestly. I would probably argue that Robin is the true main character of the game.
I can confirm all of this as true, in fact Lyn actually finds you unconscious in the middle of a field to open the game, and she does, as you said, refer to the Avatar/Strategist directly, even asking him for advice at some points.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
in games like fire emblem you dont control one character, even though you are personified as Robin, wich you create and personalize its looks at the beggining, you actually control a really big number (up to 12-ish iirc) of units that you have to move across the map and attack the enemy units. Its more of an strategy game with RPG mechanics
I know all of that already. I was asking more along the lines of story rather than gameplay.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought we weren't going to see anymore Playable Character reveals until E3. That's cool. I feel that there's something significant about the reveal being Ike, but I can't think right now. Zzz...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, is there no one (besides me) who wanted Ike to keep his PoR look?

That is the only complaint I have about Smash 4 Ike. My brother loves his new buff look though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Trying out my new tablet (that my dad gave me at no charge). Do you think we'll see anymore characters before E3 (like Mario Kart 8?)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know I think his new version look fits the type of playstyle Ike actually has.

Shroob

Sup?
By the way, is there no one (besides me) who wanted Ike to keep his PoR look?

That is the only complaint I have about Smash 4 Ike. My brother loves his new buff look though.
I honestly didn't think Ike would have come back were it not for his RD design. I counted Ike out, but I did believe that he had a shot if Sakurai used his RD look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom