• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I also prefer wind waker style over the young style sorry young link but that milk chugging wasn't enough

It won't be a Newcomer save that condition, of course. And I prefer Psystrike. I don't want the Mega Evolutions to be overused like the Landmasters were. Regardless of whether regular Mewtwo(Veteran) or Mega Mewtwo Y(Newcomer) come up, I still like Psystrike.
well yeah but idk the mega thing was limited in its own game to begin with and seeing it being used on lucario and charizard was interesting i mean maybe just go into mega then auto uses psystrike idk i just feel it be nice too see it yeah i understand that overuse of something that's similar something is boring or maybe kinda draw back but mega mewtwo is pretty cool like he went full frieza lol also if wolf came back i like to see him get into the star wolf ship and start blasting on screen

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I also prefer wind waker style over the young style sorry young link but that milk chugging wasn't enough
He was far more different than Young Link, which is nice. The only Young Link version I think would've been neat is a transformation-based moveset, based around his masks. But Transformations are out, period, so...

well yeah but idk the mega thing was limited in its own game to begin with and seeing it being used on lucario and charizard was interesting i mean maybe just go into mega then auto uses psystrike idk i just feel it be nice too see it yeah i understand that overuse of something that's similar something is boring or maybe kinda draw back but mega mewtwo is pretty cool like he went full frieza lol also if wolf came back i like to see him get into the star wolf ship and start blasting on screen
Well, Sakurai doesn't depend on the video games only. Mega Mewtwo Y in the movie was in it very often. More than most Megas are in the video games. Likewise, he has liberty to ignore "canon". Like splitting up ZSS and Sheik far more than usual. So I could see it as a possibility. It'd be more interesting than yet another "Mega Evolution Final Smash". It's an overused concept already. Albeit, we don't entirely know if Mega Lucario is a FS, but that's likely the case. It could be something more of a unique special, but temporary transformation outside of it.(much like just getting the Metal Box is) I highly doubt that, though. I find it inevitable at this point, but as always, just wait till he goes and confirms it. At least he didn't pretend to tease it. My question is why he didn't bother to say it when he already said Transformations were gone(actually, that should be enough to say "Well, it's blatantly that."

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
He was far more different than Young Link, which is nice. The only Young Link version I think would've been neat is a transformation-based moveset, based around his masks. But Transformations are out, period, so...

Well, Sakurai doesn't depend on the video games only. Mega Mewtwo Y in the movie was in it very often. More than most Megas are in the video games. Likewise, he has liberty to ignore "canon". Like splitting up ZSS and Sheik far more than usual. So I could see it as a possibility. It'd be more interesting than yet another "Mega Evolution Final Smash". It's an overused concept already. Albeit, we don't entirely know if Mega Lucario is a FS, but that's likely the case. It could be something more of a unique special, but temporary transformation outside of it.(much like just getting the Metal Box is) I highly doubt that, though. I find it inevitable at this point, but as always, just wait till he goes and confirms it. At least he didn't pretend to tease it. My question is why he didn't bother to say it when he already said Transformations were gone(actually, that should be enough to say "Well, it's blatantly that."
Well with sheik and other transform characters were split up it just ponders me to wonder what there final smash will be will shiek use a sphere light attack like impa did to destroy the gate? or something else ?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
@鉄腕アトム In that case, I really look forward to seeing that essay as it does sound like you found something really damning against it, so I'd like to know what that is and hopefully move on from the rumor.

As for the second point, I definitely do agree that as a flaw as while late development changes are possible, it doesn't change the fact that it does come off as a safety net of sorts.

From what i could tell (and i may be wrong), I beleive PortraitOfRuin had 2 different sources, one for each game.

RosalinaX from what I understand has one source. (again, i may be wrong on this).
I don't recall if PortraitOfRuin ever talked about her source(s), but I won't pretend that I know for certain either.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well with sheik and other transform characters were split up it just ponders me to wonder what there final smash will be will shiek use a sphere light attack like impa did to destroy the gate? or something else ?
Maybe sheik can do something with her harp

IDK like Nocturne of Shadow and summoning the undead from the Shadow temple or something

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Maybe sheik can do something with her harp

IDK like Nocturne of Shadow and summoning the undead from the Shadow temple or something
well her harp wasn't really a weapon so that would be weird each song sheik taught to link was basically a transporting spell i mean using some ideas of impa would make sheik seem more lines of the sheikah

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She should have the harp and put people to sleep or something. Either way, use the damn harp.

And not copy Impa. They're nothing alike besides the fact that Sheik is trying to base her fighting style on her to a degree. Or in theory. We know she copied Impa's "race" for her physical design, and probably some moves. We're given little details. Did Impa even train her? It's easy to assume, but that's it. Not even the Manga was helpful with that. Official or not(the Manga itself), we have no idea why Sheik fights like she does.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well her harp wasn't really a weapon so that would be weird each song sheik taught to link was basically a transporting spell i mean using some ideas of impa would make sheik seem more lines of the sheikah
Well sheik is more associated with her harp in the game than ANY of the moves in Smash

and instead of teleporting her to the temple, she teleports the temple to the enemy!

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
She should have the harp and put people to sleep or something. Either way, use the damn harp.

And not copy Impa. They're nothing alike besides the fact that Sheik is trying to base her fighting style on her to a degree. Or in theory. We know she copied Impa's "race" for her physical design, and probably some moves. We're given little details. Did Impa even train her? It's easy to assume, but that's it. Not even the Manga was helpful with that. Official or not(the Manga itself), we have no idea why Sheik fights like she does.
meeeh then it would feel like princess peach

Well sheik is more associated with her harp in the game than ANY of the moves in Smash

and instead of teleporting her to the temple, she teleports the temple to the enemy!
Also let it been known that sheikah knew magic not just martial arts skyward sword also kind helped with that sinceimpa she uses a magic barrier to block girirhams blows of his sword so it would make since she learnt magic that sheik could use a form a magic cause she learnt these things from impa

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone here good at writing

Which section would it be in a story if a character is in the second act and rising up through struggles and pitfalls heroically and becomes a hero...and then fails

Would that make the story redundant? If the hero rising up, then fails, and has to try and raise up again?

Would that be where the climax is suppose to be?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Which section would it be in a story if a character is in the second act and rising up through struggles and pitfalls heroically and becomes a hero...and then fails

Would that make the story redundant? If the hero rising up, then fails, and has to try and raise up again?

hmm i would call that learning his limitations and accepting them?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
meeeh then it would feel like princess peach
Still more logical than the Light Arrow. Still, use the Harp anyway. How? Doesn't matter.

Also let it been known that sheikah knew magic not just martial arts skyward sword also kind helped with that sinceimpa she uses a magic barrier to block girirhams blows of his sword so it would make since she learnt magic that sheik could use a form a magic cause she learnt these things from impa
Good thing Sheik's not Impa. She shouldn't have anything related to Impa as is. Not anymore than she already had from Melee/Brawl. She's fine without copying her.

This is also why people are sick of hearing the "Impa could replace Sheik". No, she couldn't have. They're really not the same, only maybe sharing a few traits, like the race(on a technicality at best). Impa has many differences, and that's not including the fact she has more than just her skinny body. She has direct magic, Sheik doesn't(ability to transform aside. Maybe her Up B?). Impa is a caretaker and a protector. Sheik is the opposite, being a solo fighter(and always was). Impa doesn't have a real alternate form in any game she's in, just an age difference. Sheik has Zelda.(Also, the fact Sheik is just an alternate suit and maybe used magic as well to become it. We don't know if all of that is something she physically designed as a costume, and simply uses magic to put it on fast, or if she created it all magically).

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Still more logical than the Light Arrow. Still, use the Harp anyway. How? Doesn't matter.

Good thing Sheik's not Impa. She shouldn't have anything related to Impa as is. Not anymore than she already had from Melee/Brawl. She's fine without copying her.

This is also why people are sick of hearing the "Impa could replace Sheik". No, she couldn't have. They're really not the same, only maybe sharing a few traits, like the race(on a technicality at best). Impa has many differences, and that's not including the fact she has more than just her skinny body. She has direct magic, Sheik doesn't(ability to transform aside. Maybe her Up B?). Impa is a caretaker and a protector. Sheik is the opposite, being a solo fighter(and always was). Impa doesn't have a real alternate form in any game she's in, just an age difference. Sheik has Zelda.(Also, the fact Sheik is just an alternate suit and maybe used magic as well to become it. We don't know if all of that is something she physically designed as a costume, and simply uses magic to put it on fast, or if she created it all magically).
correction sheik wasn't a solo fighter sheik actually isn't trying to draw suspicion of her true identity shes basically being in the shadows so ganondorf wouldn't know sheik and zelda were the same too and had the triforce of wisdom thats why in orcarina time ganondorf said while zelda and link were discussing with each other "so you finally revealed yourself zelda!" or something like that can't remember what exactly what he said but it was like that and also if read about impa she is user of dark magic which could explain how zelda not only be able to
help you in battle and seal ganondorf but was able to use her abilites to escape with you from the castle

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the artwork for OoT, shiek is helping link fight off Ganondorf's forces with a knife

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
correction sheik wasn't a solo fighter sheik actually isn't trying to draw suspicion of her true identity shes basically being in the shadows so ganondorf wouldn't know sheik and zelda were the same too and had the triforce of wisdom thats why in orcarina time ganondorf said while zelda and link were discussing with each other "so you finally revealed yourself zelda!" or something like that can't remember what exactly what he said but it was like that and also if read about impa she is user of dark magic which could explain how zelda not only be able to
help you in battle and seal ganondorf but was able to use her abilites to escape with you from the castle
No. That's still solo.

Her actions at the end of the game is specifically her as Zelda. She only fought(implied offscreen, but is actually the case in the Manga, which is possibly where Sakurai got the idea she could fight from besides her being a Ninja.) things as Sheik. Zelda doesn't fight anyone in her default Princess form, implied or otherwise. In fact, the only time we see Zelda fight as is is first in WW, then FSA, and of course, the CD-i games as well as the two Cartoons(Zelda and Captain N). Otherwise, she's always in a different form first. Albeit, she does the usual Light Arrow thing ST too.

In the artwork for OoT, shiek is helping link fight off Ganondorf's forces with a knife
Which never happens in-game, sadly. Not even the Manga either. Probably a concept at one time.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
No. That's still solo.

Her actions at the end of the game is specifically her as Zelda. She only fought(implied offscreen, but is actually the case in the Manga, which is possibly where Sakurai got the idea she could fight from besides her being a Ninja.) things as Sheik. Zelda doesn't fight anyone in her default Princess form, implied or otherwise. In fact, the only time we see Zelda fight as is is first in WW, then FSA, and of course, the CD-i games as well as the two Cartoons(Zelda and Captain N). Otherwise, she's always in a different form first. Albeit, she does the usual Light Arrow thing ST too.
i don't believe the manga or cartoon shows to be really canon for the video game series in that reason but i get idea of figther profile and the use of other material for smash sheik though sheiks final smash could be just like ness or lucas as being taught the dark magic of sheikah just how ness and lucas were "taught" by poo and kumatora pk starstorm also she fights with link in twilight princess on horse

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i don't believe the manga or cartoon shows to be really canon for the video game series in that reason but i get idea of figther profile and the use of other material for smash sheik though sheiks final smash could be just like ness or lucas as being taught the dark magic of sheikah just how ness and lucas were "taught" by poo and kumatora pk starstorm also she fights with link in twilight princess on horse
...I could barely understand what you said. Please use more sentence structure.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with canon. Sakurai doesn't care as we've seen before. Whatever works works. My point was that Sheik never fought with Link in OOT officially in the video games(nor in the Manga either). Zelda has fought together with him in general before OOT's existence.(and likely why he thought her being playable could work, since she could clearly fight on her own. He gave her many moves to separate her from Link as much as possible, because, let's be honest, her fighting skills in everything before Melee were more or less "Link's moves". So in a similar case to Ness, Zelda was given spells that only Link could use, but doesn't in the SSB series). Sheik's another story. Obviously, she was Zelda's more "fighting" form, which made her a great choice. Likewise, the concept for them as a team was "Sheik racks up damage, Zelda finishes her off." It never worked well. Also, keep in mind Zelda's first time she fought without a bow directly was also in TP, although she was being controlled as a puppet, it still counts since it was still her overall. It was even her regular sword. I do remember some people wanting her to use the sword in Brawl(although I think she doesn't need one to kick ass).

Anyway, as for the Final Smash, it's hard to say. Light Arrow only made some sense when Sheik was the other half of Zelda gameplay-wise. Now that that's done, she should do something else. Keeping in mind Zelda liked to steal Link's moves, and Sheik is technically still Zelda, she could use something like Bombos. I also like the Shadow Temple summon too. Maybe she plays her harp, the Shadow Temple rises up, and enemies appear and attack the opponent(s). A similar idea to King Dedede's Brawl Final Smash.

Also, even if she used the Harp to put people to sleep, it wouldn't include peaches showing up to heal yourself, so it wouldn't be necessarily the same. Only half of it is identical. Well, assuming they're put to sleep no matter where they are.(air or ground)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
...I could barely understand what you said. Please use more sentence structure.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with canon. Sakurai doesn't care as we've seen before. Whatever works works. My point was that Sheik never fought with Link in OOT officially in the video games(nor in the Manga either). Zelda has fought together with him in general before OOT's existence.(and likely why he thought her being playable could work, since she could clearly fight on her own. He gave her many moves to separate her from Link as much as possible, because, let's be honest, her fighting skills in everything before Melee were more or less "Link's moves". So in a similar case to Ness, Zelda was given spells that only Link could use, but doesn't in the SSB series). Sheik's another story. Obviously, she was Zelda's more "fighting" form, which made her a great choice. Likewise, the concept for them as a team was "Sheik racks up damage, Zelda finishes her off." It never worked well. Also, keep in mind Zelda's first time she fought without a bow directly was also in TP, although she was being controlled as a puppet, it still counts since it was still her overall. It was even her regular sword. I do remember some people wanting her to use the sword in Brawl(although I think she doesn't need one to kick ***).

Anyway, as for the Final Smash, it's hard to say. Light Arrow only made some sense when Sheik was the other half of Zelda gameplay-wise. Now that that's done, she should do something else. Keeping in mind Zelda liked to steal Link's moves, and Sheik is technically still Zelda, she could use something like Bombos. I also like the Shadow Temple summon too. Maybe she plays her harp, the Shadow Temple rises up, and enemies appear and attack the opponent(s). A similar idea to King Dedede's Brawl Final Smash.

Also, even if she used the Harp to put people to sleep, it wouldn't include peaches showing up to heal yourself, so it wouldn't be necessarily the same. Only half of it is identical. Well, assuming they're put to sleep no matter where they are.(air or ground)
sorry but it's 5 in the morning and it's the internet and lol frankly i could care less of sprucing up what i typed up when not necessary anyway the harp just seems idk it just feels like a lazy smash but it also feel lazy if she used the light arrow again i just want sheik to use a move that requires magic like the sheikah use something that skyward inspired would be cool i mean what impa did was pretty bad*ss and seeing it with sheik would be acceptable

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
sorry but it's 5 in the morning and it's the internet and lol frankly i could care less of sprucing up what i typed up when not necessary anyway the harp just seems idk it just feels like a lazy smash but it also feel lazy if she used the light arrow again i just want sheik to use a move that requires magic like the sheikah use something that skyward inspired would be cool i mean what impa did was pretty bad*ss and seeing it with sheik would be acceptable
Sheik =/= Impa.

Sheik is not even a real Sheikah. I'd prefer they ignore Skyward Sword for Sheik and make it more of a move based around her own style and weapons. Even using her knives for a multibarrage could work. Other than maybe a costume for Impa at best(and to be honest, that's a pipe dream considering Sakurai doesn't even acknowledge the poor woman), I don't want any SS-specific stuff to do anything with Sheik. Impa should have a SS-based Trophy, though. And in the 3DS version, she should have an OOT-based one. Saria was there too, so all Sages are likely to show up as Trophies.

Anyway, time for sleep in my case. But yeah, if you're too tired to decently talk, it's better to sleep instead of making hard to understand messages.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Sheik =/= Impa.

Sheik is not even a real Sheikah. I'd prefer they ignore Skyward Sword for Sheik and make it more of a move based around her own style and weapons. Even using her knives for a multibarrage could work. Other than maybe a costume for Impa at best(and to be honest, that's a pipe dream considering Sakurai doesn't even acknowledge the poor woman), I don't want any SS-specific stuff to do anything with Sheik. Impa should have a SS-based Trophy, though. And in the 3DS version, she should have an OOT-based one. Saria was there too, so all Sages are likely to show up as Trophies.

Anyway, time for sleep in my case. But yeah, if you're too tired to decently talk, it's better to sleep instead of making hard to understand messages.
Hey if can't decipher what type lol then oh well sorry but i'm not here to impress but to just chat and discuss things video game related especially smash and like i said it can be just as ness and lucas because neither learned pk star storm only poo and kumatora did so it would make since if sheik did the same and good night miss

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember the Pokémon franchise being banned in Saudi-Arabia.
Because it's a plot to turn children Jewish! Why don't you know it's made by Jews and Pokemon even means "I am Jewish"?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
On a train coming home from the city. I was out watching my friend play a gig and he fainted so night over. Now I have asthma because I ran for my train. Living the life. Ps distract me until I get my inhaler.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh my GAWD!!! There's this guy on a FaceBook fan page that keeps making these annoying fake leaks and posting them.... Here's an example
image.jpg

I really wish he'd stop that...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Get pumped: I got a Nyko Pro controller. It's set up in a similar way to the Gamecube controller, but it's more like the Wii Pro.

EDIT: Thanks to Wave, the controllers are in the spoilers.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, apparently woman hate men with hairy chests.

That's like the opposite of the stereotype I was taught when I was growing up

It's not as if my chest is necessarily showing but I wonder if I should shave anyway
Word to the wise, don't go off stereotypes. It really depends on the person. If anything, you should try to find someone who likes your characteristics but, more importantly, someone who is into the same kind of stuff you are. Physical attractiveness fades with time and most people are on going on the downslope by the time they're 30 anyways. Hobbies and interests, however, don't naturally disappear. People may lose interest in one thing but I've noticed that most people usually just jump to something similar afterwards.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Word to the wise, don't go off stereotypes. It really depends on the person. If anything, you should try to find someone who likes your characteristics but, more importantly, someone who is into the same kind of stuff you are. Physical attractiveness fades with time and most people are on going on the downslope by the time they're 30 anyways. Hobbies and interests, however, don't naturally disappear. People may lose interest in one thing but I've noticed that most people usually just jump to something similar afterwards.
There's the kicker.

Also: Love isn't a feeling emotion. Don't just find someone you 'like' but someone you would sacrifice your time for.

But that's my 2 cents.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If the button layout was similar to the GC, I might consider getting this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from GameStop finishing my preorder for Mario Kart 8 (and buying Kirby's Dream Land 2) and tried out the Mario Kart 8 demo that GameStop has for this weekend. I really enjoyed what I've played and can't wait for the game. It tried the tracks Mario Kart Stadium & Sweet Sweet Canyon and I swear when I played Sweet Sweet Canyon this song got stuck in head (people who saw Wreck-It-Ralph should see why):

And after Mario Kart 8 it's E3 BAYBEE!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

That would most accurately be the "rising action" of the story. The notion of struggling to become a hero; only to fail and try again, doesn't necessarily make the story inherently redundant, it depends on the the other elements and what the protagonist does to periodically become a hero. But for the most part, from what I have observed with empirical data, that is a common structure for stories. And yes, the climax would start immediately after the protagonist tries to rise up again.

Edit- Sorry if it is late, I just woke up.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Pazzo. Pazzo. Spoiler those images. Seriously. Too Ridley.

Anywho, I have a Classic Controller Pro, so if I can still use that for Smash 4, I'm set.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i went to the gamestop Mario kart 8 demo event. I was the first person who got to play it and i'll be uploading a video soon of everything. (Recorded it with my phone)
Get pumped: I got a Nyko Pro controller. It's set up in a similar way to the Gamecube controller, but it's more like the Wii Pro.

*cough360controllercough*

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh my GAWD!!! There's this guy on a FaceBook fan page that keeps making these annoying fake leaks and posting them.... Here's an example
View attachment 14263
I really wish he'd stop that...
This reminds me when I was talking in the leak thread every leak that had Paper Mario in were so bad that their credibility shouldn't even be considered...

Ah I want him SOOOOO much... (hoping for E3)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom