• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Just found out yesterday I got accepted to a college I plan to enroll in the fall. So excited!!!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
With all the college talk, I wonder how many people on here are high school seniors waiting to graduate.... I swear, this last semester has involved me going to school and being there physically, but not not mentally, but that's mainly because I find classes such as English mundane and boring. It's not that I don't enjoy the subject of English, I really do, and I enjoy reading and writing.... but just the way its taught in school....ugh, its one of those classes where people not good at English end up with A's and those who actually are with C's, mainly because my English teacher thinks that video projects and art based projects are what constitute and English class. And most tests based on readings we do are extremely pointless, because instead of assessing the reading as a whole, she gives us questions dealing with very minute details. For example, we are reading the Lord of the Flies right now, and while I do think its a good book, I don't remember every little detail, and I honestly don't see why I have to. How will knowing what Jack, the antagonist of the novel, did with a coconut, ever affect my life? Stufff like that. As for math, physics, biology, and government, while I do enjoy the classes, in combination with each other, it has proven to be a bit much, and after eing a straight A student throughout highschool, my grades have suffered, but that may be partially attributed to Senioritis hitting hard haha.I can't wait for summer so I can finally get back into gaming, and hype myself up for E3.

By the way, In the fall, I'll attend UC Berkeley with intention of majoring in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, and I can't wait.

Thank you! Planning on majoring in Deaf Studies/ASL to become a teacher
You are a beautiful person, as your job must take a lot of dedication, motive, and patience. But you're doing good for the world, and I applause that!

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
My God, it's as if Strawberry Shortcake shagged a Care Bear to make her. O_O
Yea.

I'm actually surprised it isn't all that well known. It was made by Hallmark.

Maybe it's due to how old it is.

With all the college talk, I wonder how many people on here are high school seniors waiting to graduate....
I will be doing my my last year of high school next year, unless I have all the necessary credits at the end of this year in which case I'm going to see about graduating early.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Funny how we are talking about this, hours ago I was at my old school visiting old friends for the promenade even though I already graduated last year.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I actually found a cool pic of Kyrie. I was super surprised. It's very rare to find even any kind of pic on a Sands of Destruction character, let alone good one. Q_Q

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I think Death Note owners cannot kill another Death Note owner, yourself included.
you can't it's only if the death note owner loses his death note also i forgot but it has to do with something else and let me just point out that light and mimi kinda remind of joker and harley
Then prepare to face me and Frost (and other mods too) in the Bob-Omb thread. :p
cue jedi dramatic music

on a side note someone on this i post on site called playfire actually said playstation allstar is better than smash brothers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Going by RosalinaX leak wouldn't it only be 13 newcomers? And only 4 secret. I hope that leak is false.
Honestly, there's not much going for this leak. Everything RosalinaX has leaked so far has been either confirmed, expected to a degree, or unverifiable. It could very well be that it was an elaborate fake that quite a few people bought into and I have very, very strong reasons to believe it is a fake.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Honestly, there's not much going for this leak. Everything RosalinaX has leaked so far has been either confirmed, expected to a degree, or unverifiable. It could very well be that it was an elaborate fake that quite a few people bought into and I have very, very strong reasons to believe it is a fake.
I agree also i said this before in a earlier post but i believe the full newcomer list will be 14 - 16 characters in total and the rest will be shown at a launch trailer from nintendo

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So now officially the 6 Star Wars movies (and the upcoming 7th one), The Clone Wars series (and it's movie), the upcoming Rebels series, and all future EU, as of April 25, 2014, are all cannon.

All previous EU up to April 25th, 2014 are considered official lore, but non-cannon.

Not sure how feel.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I definitely understand the skepticism as it's definitely not to the level of Sal's leak, nor did it leak a "WFT." Having said that, may I ask what reasons there are for believing it's fake? I'm a bit curious as I haven't heard anything definite on that matter that refutes it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So now officially the 6 Star Wars movies (and the upcoming 7th one), The Clone Wars series (and it's movie), the upcoming Rebels series, and all future EU, as of April 25, 2014, are all canon.

All previous EU up to April 25th, 2014 are considered official lore, but non-canon.

Not sure how feel.
Eh. That's usually going to happen when new owners come about.

I still found 'em fun to watch, regardless of canon.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So now officially the 6 Star Wars movies (and the upcoming 7th one), The Clone Wars series (and it's movie), the upcoming Rebels series, and all future EU, as of April 25, 2014, are all cannon.

All previous EU up to April 25th, 2014 are considered official lore, but non-cannon.

Not sure how feel.
no just no

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Not sure how feel.
Canon. It's canon. The word you are looking for is canon.

2014 and people STILL keep getting that wrong. Ugh! XD;

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I definitely understand the skepticism as it's definitely not to the level of Sal's WFT, at best I'd treat it as something to look at and think about to some extent. Having said that, may I ask what reasons there are for believing it's fake? I'm a bit curious as I haven't heard anything definite on that matter.
He made an off-handed comment about Smash in his predictable MK8 leak. You don't just have info on one game and go "Oh yeah, I know [insert thing here] about [insert other game here]." That just doesn't make sense with the NDAs each team has. It would mean he's lying about one game, and it's likely Sm4sh.

Canon. It's canon. The word you are looking for is canon.

2014 and people STILL keep getting that wrong. Ugh! XD;

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Some studies on the science of scent and attraction have suggested that women unconsciously use their sense of smell to determine how different genetically a man is from them (essentially, the more different your genetic material is, the more attracted to you she will be)"

Interesting

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
"Some studies on the science of scent and attraction have suggested that women unconsciously use their sense of smell to determine how different genetically a man is from them (essentially, the more different your genetic material is, the more attracted to you she will be)"

Interesting
Dem pheromones, man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I should probably be getting some cologne to begin with

I'm not going to be attracting girls with Axe

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
He made an off-handed comment about Smash in his predictable MK8 leak. You don't just have info on one game and go "Oh yeah, I know [insert thing here] about [insert other game here]." That just doesn't make sense with the NDAs each team has. It would mean he's lying about one game, and it's likely Sm4sh.
Not necessarily, while granted she leaked more, PortraitOfRuin had access to both Castlevania and Brawl news and leaked them both regardless of the trouble she could've caused in the process. So theoretically, the same could hold true for this informat to have access to both SSB4 and MK8 information and he or she gave that out.

I won't deny that it's still rather off nonetheless, and like I said, I am quite skeptical of that leak, but the informat leaking information from two different games doesn't make one or the other fake in the process.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I should probably be getting some cologne to begin with

I'm not going to be attracting girls with Axe
You can still attract girls with Axe. Just shower first, then use one quick 2-second spray on your chest, then use regular deodorant. As long as you don't smell of B.O. and find the right balance between cologne and your natural scent, it will help you out in the long run.

D

Deleted member

So I'm gonna watch Godzilla today, and as it is a movie I was waiting a lot, I had the idea to watch it in 3D.

But as 3D convinces me moderately, I'm still hesitating.

And so, for those who have watched it, does this movie have scenes that could justificate 3D's use, like for Avatar and Pi's Journey (not sure about this movie's english title) ?

D

Deleted member

I agree also i said this before in a earlier post but i believe the full newcomer list will be 14 - 16 characters in total and the rest will be shown at a launch trailer from nintendo
It is possible that Sal Romano's two newcomer leakers are all we are getting in regards to newcomers (though Mewtwo and Roy could still come back as they are not classified under veterans) and it makes sense especially when given the increased focus in changing veterans (if we still get Captain Ganon, I'll be highly disappointed). However, it is possible that we have more hidden as well; Rosalina was not part of either leaks and she's in the game and Sal Romano never claimed these were all of the newcomers. Hopefully there is more, but we'll have to see so remain cautious about expecting more.
I definitely understand the skepticism as it's definitely not to the level of Sal's WFT, at best I'd treat it as something to look at and think about to some extent. Having said that, may I ask what reasons there are for believing it's fake? I'm a bit curious as I haven't heard anything definite on that matter.
Glad you asked. I actually did at one point believe the leak was real (though not to the same extent as Sal Romano), but for good reasons, not anymore.

I'm actually currently working on an essay about it. I've done a lot of investigating in regards to the leak and from what I've obtained, it's changed from me believing in it (and even telling others to follow it as well as the Sal Romano leak) to seeing it as the bull**** it probably is. The essay should be out within the next few days (not sure if I can post a thread about it), so when I am ready, I'll make sure to notify you about it.

However, I can say one thing; I do find the fact that the "it could change" part in regards to forty-eight characters suspicious. Basically, it means that no matter how big or small the roster is, RosalinaX can still technically be correct. The only definitive thing RosalinaX has given is that there would be four cuts and as such, the only way to verify the leak. Problem being is, there's no way to figure that one out unless Sal Romano's third leak (IF he leaks again) is a veteran list and contains every veteran returning or when we figure out the entire roster. Plus with nothing aside from RosalinaX confirming Captain Falcon (who is as obvious as it gets for unconfirmed veterans), the information RosalinaX gave that fans would care about is so vague that it's difficult to kill the leak. If we end up with fifty-one characters and four or more cuts, there's no way to disprove the leak for sure, but it would still not verify the leak as legitimate. It wouldn't do this even if it was forty-eight characters and four cuts.

However, there's a lot more I can't reveal right now that will be on my essay and these are far more damaging to the leak's credibility than what the Smash Bros. community in general knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm planning on watching Godzilla today.

I was just trying to plan it out with a friend.

Only problem is the threatres near me sell out pretty fast and I have to wait until after work to go with them.

I would buy a ticket RIGHT NOW EVEN, but I have to wait until they all decide on a time

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Not necessarily, while granted she leaked more, PortraitOfRuin had access to both Castlevania and Brawl news and leaked them both regardless of the trouble she could've caused in the process. So theoretically, the same could hold true for this informat to have access to both SSB4 and MK8 information and he or she gave that out.

I won't deny that it's still rather off nonetheless, and like I said, I am quite skeptical of that leak, but the informant leaking information from two different games doesn't make one or the other fake in the process.
From what i could tell (and i may be wrong), I beleive PortraitOfRuin had 2 different sources, one for each game.

RosalinaX from what I understand has one source. (again, i may be wrong on this).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, apparently woman hate men with hairy chests.

That's like the opposite of the stereotype I was taught when I was growing up

It's not as if my chest is necessarily showing but I wonder if I should shave anyway

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It is possible that Sal Romano's two newcomer leakers are all we are getting in regards to newcomers (though Mewtwo and Roy could still come back as they are not classified under veterans) and it makes sense especially when given the increased focus in changing veterans (if we still get Captain Ganon, I'll be highly disappointed). However, it is possible that we have more hidden as well; Rosalina was not part of either leaks and she's in the game and Sal Romano never claimed these were all of the newcomers. Hopefully there is more, but we'll have to see so remain cautious about expecting more.
Glad you asked. I actually did at one point believe the leak was real (though not to the same extent as Sal Romano), but for good reasons, not anymore.

I'm actually currently working on an essay about it. I've done a lot of investigating in regards to the leak and from what I've obtained, it's changed from me believing in it (and even telling others to follow it as well as the Sal Romano leak) to seeing it as the bull**** it probably is. The essay should be out within the next few days (not sure if I can post a thread about it), so when I am ready, I'll make sure to notify you about it.

However, I can say one thing; I do find the fact that the "it could change" part in regards to forty-eight characters suspicious. Basically, it means that no matter how big or small the roster is, RosalinaX can still technically be correct. The only definitive thing RosalinaX has given is that there would be four cuts and as such, the only way to verify the leak. Problem being is, there's no way to figure that one out unless Sal Romano's third leak (IF he leaks again) is a veteran list and contains every veteran returning or when we figure out the entire roster. Plus with nothing aside from RosalinaX confirming Captain Falcon (who is as obvious as it gets for unconfirmed veterans), the information RosalinaX gave that fans would care about is so vague that it's difficult to kill the leak. If we end up with fifty-one characters and four or more cuts, there's no way to disprove the leak for sure, but it would still not verify the leak as legitimate. It wouldn't do this even if it was forty-eight characters and four cuts.

However, there's a lot more I can't reveal right now that will be on my essay and these are far more damaging to the leak's credibility than what the Smash Bros. community in general knows.
Well i would think Mewtwo and roy as veterans it be weird to give them the newcomer title again after not appearing only one of the smash games then again who knows also i'm hoping but no promises i see Tetra or Kumatora(Mother 3) to appear as playable character but who's to say

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo and Roy are Veterans. That's ridiculous. All previous characters are Veterans. Kind of sick of hearing that laughable point. Roy is unlikely to come back, since they probably will add a new FE character as is. Ike has a fair chance of staying due to being unique. Mewtwo may return(and he's a Veteran period. Newcomers are completely new characters, if only by name alone), but he's not nearly as guaranteed as Jigglypuff. I don't even expect 6 Pokemon. 5, definitely. 6 may be pushing it. Our 6th could be anyone. As popular as Mewtwo is, I'm not putting much stock in it, as it wasn't in Brawl despite having tons of data. It didn't get in due to Sonic's inclusion. Last minute changes have a fair chance of happening too. Toon Link isn't because he's literally a new character. Sure, it's more or less a model change only, but still counts as a new character. He was given a new name to reflect that. Ganondorf(nor Link, Zelda, and Sheik) also got graphical upgrades and updated models. But no new names in return.

Sakurai has never given anything but a different name to differentiate between a Newcomer and Veteran. The only way Mewtwo could legitimately be a newcomer if it's specifically Mega Mewtwo Y(as in that's its main look period. It's always in Mega form). Otherwise, blatantly a Veteran if it has the original design(upgraded graphics alone don't count).

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Mewtwo and Roy are Veterans. That's ridiculous. All previous characters are Veterans. Kind of sick of hearing that laughable point. Roy is unlikely to come back, since they probably will add a new FE character as is. Ike has a fair chance of staying due to being unique. Mewtwo may return(and he's a Veteran period. Newcomers are completely new characters, if only by name alone), but he's not nearly as guaranteed as Jigglypuff. I don't even expect 6 Pokemon. 5, definitely. 6 may be pushing it. Our 6th could be anyone. As popular as Mewtwo is, I'm not putting much stock in it, as it wasn't in Brawl despite having tons of data. It didn't get in due to Sonic's inclusion. Last minute changes have a fair chance of happening too. Toon Link isn't because he's literally a new character. Sure, it's more or less a model change only, but still counts as a new character. He was given a new name to reflect that. Ganondorf(nor Link, Zelda, and Sheik) also got graphical upgrades and updated models. But no new names in return.

Sakurai has never given anything but a different name to differentiate between a Newcomer and Veteran. The only way Mewtwo could legitimately be a newcomer if it's specifically Mega Mewtwo Y(as in that's its main look period. It's always in Mega form). Otherwise, blatantly a Veteran if it has the original design(upgraded graphics alone don't count).
Well that be a let down since i like mega mewtwo to be mewtwos final smash really

It's not as if my chest is necessarily showing but I wonder if I should shave anyway
I'm a hairy guy i feel that's offensive

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

The average woman does, but their indifference/endearment to it grows with age. At least keep the chest hair trim, brah. And keep it proportionate too. You don't want hairy harms and a clean chest. Makes you look crazy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well that be a let down since i like mega mewtwo to be mewtwos final smash really.
It won't be a Newcomer save that condition, of course. And I prefer Psystrike. I don't want the Mega Evolutions to be overused like the Landmasters were. Regardless of whether regular Mewtwo(Veteran) or Mega Mewtwo Y(Newcomer) come up, I still like Psystrike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom