• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There has been 10 other Mario Kart games prior to MK8 (counting the Arcade games). Where was the equality crap between 1992-2013?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A whole day to smash! So much hyp! Hope the whole roster is revealed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People make too much of a big deal over trivial things like skin, hair or eye colors. That's racism.

And it's so blatantly stupid, it disgusts me.

I, for one, prefer to worry about important things...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Made a new Poll Thread. Check it out, I need you guy's opinions.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If I recall correctly, Tomodachi Life was recently attacked because there wasn't an option for homosexual marriages. Nintendo apologized and said that the game was too far in development for it to be changed.

Yawn.

----
...It shouldn't been part of it from the concept stages. :glare:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If I recall correctly, Tomodachi Life was recently attacked because there wasn't an option for homosexual marriages. Nintendo apologized and said that the game was too far in development for it to be changed.

----
What's even more weird is that this is only because of an unintentional bug... poor nintendo.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

----
Seriously? Some are far too trivial, I mean, I cannot even fathom that people would complain about such a menial aspect of the game. Can't you just pretend or something?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like a person's sexual orientation.
Like gays & lesbians not being in games :troll:
I most certainly do not care about that either.

Both this Mario Kart 8 racism and the Tomodachi Life homosexuality "issues" are nothing but pitiful attention seeking people trying to get attention. I can't stand those kinds of people.

If I haven't been clear enough with these two fiascoes, I do not judge people by their physical appearances or which gender they're attracted to. There's something in people that transcends such trivialities: how a person uses his/her brain. There could be nothing more fundamental than that.

That background color... It's the color of cheese.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Seriously? Some are far too trivial, I mean, I cannot even fathom that people would complain about such a menial aspect of the game. Can't you just pretend or something?
Like I said before: All these different groups of people pushing for equality has really had a negative impact on games, movies and life in general.
No one really appreciates entertainment for what it is these days...
As soon as you leave out a group of people, creators are labeled scum.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Like I said before, everyone's quest for equality has really had a negative impact on games, movies and life in general. No one really appreciates entertainment for what it is these
You can never include everyone, that is precisely the reason why developers have demographics that they attempt to appeal to, that being said, maybe the next Pokemon game will have cross-dressing. I would support.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
People make too much of a big deal over trivial things like skin, hair or eye colors. That's racism.

And it's so blatantly stupid, it disgusts me.

I, for one, prefer to worry about important things...
[looks around]
Did some posts get deleted? I didnt see anything that would warrant that.

That being said I wouldnt call that racism. Racism is more of a hate/devaluing of a race or believing a certain race is superior. Finding one thing personally more attractive than another or simply wanting to see more diversity be it hair, skin, eye color, or race isnt racism unless it involves hate or a race superiority complex. Otherwise simply wanting to see someone who looks like you every now and then, especially when it isnt the norm, would be racism......

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You can never include everyone, that is precisely the reason why developers have demographics that they attempt to appeal to, that being said, maybe the next Pokemon game will have cross-dressing. I would support.
Agree'd 10 times over. Just make the people you can happy, for those who you can't let em' be. Besides life is better when you got haters.:b:

I don't see why they wouldn't:

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Like I said before: All these different groups of people pushing for equality has really had a negative impact on games, movies and life in general.
No one really appreciates entertainment for what it is these days...
This is mostly centralized to the social justice community on tumblr. A.K.A. People who complain but do nothing but write strongly worded letters anonymously on the internet. I haven't seen them affect any decent writers/creators.

If that was $10 DLC, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Morbi

Scavenger
[looks around]

That being said I wouldnt call that racism. Racism is more of a hate/devaluing of a race or believing a certain race is superior. Finding one thing personally more attractive than another or simply wanting to see more diversity be it hair, skin, eye color, or race isnt racism unless it involves hate or a race superiority complex. Otherwise simply wanting to see someone who looks like you every now and then, especially when it isnt the norm, would be racism......
I would assert that racism has more to do with believing that there are inherent differences among races, I don't even think that the word HAS to be used in a negative context, albeit it usually is.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is mostly centralized to the social justice community on tumblr. A.K.A. People who complain but do nothing but write strongly worded letters anonymously on the internet. I haven't seen them affect any decent writers/creators.
Maybe one day feminists, gay activists, race activists and whatever other groups of people out there that want to be accepted/represented in/by everything that exist, that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Maybe one day feminists, gay activists, race activists and whatever other groups of people out there that want to be accepted/represented in/by everything that exist, that the world doesn't revolve around them.
Trust me, the people making an uproar are at best a vocal minority. Just check the comments on the Silicon Era article (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/0...x-pledges-make-next-tomodachi-game-inclusive/), several gay users make it clear they don't give a **** about it.

Edit: And yeah, plain representation isn't really a big concern imo. It's more negative representation (I.E. gay pedophile stereotype) I think most normal people dislike.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
[looks around]

Is that what he was talking about? That "lack of diversity" thing in that case is fine. Most of the humanoid characters have been here for a decade+.
Most of the characters added dont even look human.....and Nintendo is a Japanese company, but has no Japanese, or any other Asian group, characters in the Mario Universe so it's not like they're being racist. Plus there are people of varying races in other Nintendo games (Pokemon, Xenoblade, Punchout, Metroid, Earthbound, Animal Crossing, and probably others I cant think of) so complaining about a single game series is BS.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I would assert that racism has more to do with believing that there are inherent differences among races, I don't even think that the word HAS to be used in a negative context, albeit it usually is.
There are differences (mostly cosmetic, though there are health related differences), just nothing that should devalue their worth as a human being or cause hate or a feeling of superiority.

As far as negative things go, I believe racism and stereotypes are functionally and socially different, though they can exist together; I mean by no means would I call someone who thinks all/most black guys are well endowed a racist....
Maybe it's just me but if it's not hateful or devaluing I dont consider it racist. Annoying and incorrect, yes, but not racist.

I personally think that most "racism" issues arise because people dont understand many race stereotypes are a byproduct of culture and how we treat each other (this includes how our predecessors treated eachother), not a perdetermined disposition based on race.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Lol, I for one did not carry any "bonds" with my Pokemon past childhood. They aren't real. Pokemon may be for everyone, but imaginary friends are for kids.

Both this Mario Kart 8 racism and the Tomodachi Life homosexuality "issues" are nothing but pitiful attention seeking people trying to get attention. I can't stand those kinds of people.
Tomodachi Life is an inconsequential game but I'm sure more than a few brows would be raised if only black avatars were allowed in the game. Heterosexual or homosexual, marriage represents the same thing. Gay people have their share of attention whores as well but that doesn't apply here. There's no excuse in this age to arbitrarily express one mode of marriage.

I just read about the Mario Kart 8 racism thing. That's a bit ridiculous. Equality doesn't guarantee proportionality. Homosexuality is uniformly distributed in a population, whereas ethnicity is not. Like, half of the cast isn't even human, and inventing a black character just to meet an ethnic quota might be racism turned on its head, but it would still be racism.

It's crazy, but true! Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Meanwhile, in other wholly surprising news, Sailor Moon has actually, believe it or not, ACTUALLY been licensed for home video release courtesy of Viz Media, COMPLETELY UNCUT (with a new far more faithful dub to accompany it), and will given the same well received restoration process they did on their wonderful Ranma 1/2 videos.

No, this is not a dream. The day has finally come.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Meanwhile, in other wholly surprising news, Sailor Moon has actually, believe it or not, ACTUALLY been licensed for home video release courtesy of Viz Media, COMPLETELY UNCUT (with a new far more faithful dub to accompany it), and will given the same well received restoration process they did on their wonderful Ranma 1/2 videos.

No, this is not a dream. The day has finally come.
Oh hey, I just got finished watching a different Magical Girl anime...

...That doesn't mean I am going to watch this anytime soon I just felt like pointing that out. :p

(Though, maybe someday...)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
SMT4 has some weird ass logic.

This dude, pay attention to this part because it's a guy, swallows some kind of pill or something and turns into a demon but the demon is female. That was a wtf moment for me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom