• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not surprised Villager is getting a female option (who didn't expect this?). From the four costumes in the PotD, I think I'll stick with the default design as it grown onto me and looks VERY similar to the villager I played as when I play Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Still. It's not a case of me being modest.

I truly believe that I am the worst person on the planet and that everyone else is better then me. I also truly believe I am bad at everything I do and that everyone else is better at it, even if evidence says otherwise.
You can start by spelling "than" correctly. You'll be automatically better than 70% of the internet.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Death of console gaming coming soon...?
I see console gaming merging with the mobile industry. Smart phones are advancing faster and faster. I would say by 2017, maybe sooner, We'll have phones just as strong as our PCs.
All we would literally have to do is place our phones on a dock that will charge/sync/display our games on our HD TVs/Monitors and then we would just need to connect a controller up via USB X.0 (Whichever is the latest update for USBs) or Blutooth connection.

And if that is the case, I see gaming companies offering games like Assassins Creed, Street Fighter, Call of Duty via mobile app stores, hell maybe Steam already has an app for phones. Sony already has been trying to establish their foot in the mobile space with the Xperia, and same with Microsoft with Windows phones. The only stubborn company still holding onto hardware would probably be Nintendo.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I see console gaming merging with the mobile industry. Smart phones are advancing faster and faster. I would say by 2017, maybe sooner, We'll have phones just as strong as our PCs.
All we would literally have to do is place our phones on a dock that will charge/sync/display our games on our HD TVs/Monitors and then we would just need to connect a controller up via USB X.0 (Whichever is the latest update for USBs) or Blutooth connection.

And if that is the case, I see gaming companies offering games like Assassins Creed, Street Fighter, Call of Duty via mobile app stores, hell maybe Steam already has an app for phones. Sony already has been trying to establish their foot in the mobile space with the Xperia, and same with Microsoft with Windows phones. The only stubborn company still holding onto hardware would probably be Nintendo.
Unless Sony and Microsoft can compete with top mobile manufacturers (Apple/Samsung) I don't think they'll abandon their meal tickets consoles anytime soon. I can see it happening but not in 10 years if you ask me. Consoles aren't getting any smaller, and tiny/superslim computers like the ones Apple sell sacrifice lots of power and performance to reach those sizes. Unless super powerful hardware starts coming in smaller sizes, we won't be seeing an iPhone-sized playstation.

Hell even the iPhone heats up slightly while playing Plants vs Zombies, can you imagine running something like a PS4 game? Explosions assured. There's a long way to go.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Unless Sony and Microsoft can compete with top mobile manufacturers (Apple/Samsung) I don't think they'll abandon their meal tickets consoles anytime soon. I can see it happening but not in 10 years if you ask me. Consoles aren't getting any smaller, and tiny/superslim computers like the ones Apple sell sacrifice lots of power and performance to reach those sizes. Unless super powerful hardware starts coming in smaller sizes, we won't be seeing an iPhone-sized playstation.

Hell even my iPhone heats up slightly while playing Plants vs Zombies, can you imagine running something like a PS4 game? Explosions assured.
Sony has already gone on record saying that their future for gaming is digital:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/so...y-different-future-in-mind-for-playstation-4/

And Microsoft and Sony don't necessarily have to compete with Samsung and Apple as they can offer their exclusive games on their as well, but I'm sure they would add exclusive content to their phones to entice people to get their phone if they are that interested.

Also, yeah your phone may heat up when you play PvZ NOW, but I'm talking phones in 2017-2018. Chances are they will be more advanced, more efficient than phones of today

Rich actually talked about the likelihood in this video:

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Not saying it won't ever happen, but 3 years seem TOO quick. I can see a phone replacing a top notch console in maybe 10 years. By 2018 there'll still be games coming out for PS4. I just think about the fans (like actual spinning fans) in consoles and computers and can't translate it to a mobile phone just yet, unless the dock or whatever you plug your phone into has an extra thing.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not saying it won't ever happen, but 3 years seem TOO quick. I can see a phone replacing a top notch console in maybe 10 years. By 2018 there'll still be games coming out for PS4.
I'm sure there will be games coming out by 2018 for PS4. I think Sony has 10 year life cycles plans for all of their consoles; The PS2 went on for like 4-5 years while the PS3 was out on the market. I'm just saying there will be comparable phones by 2018, that could make it a possibility.But speaking in terms of possibly having a mobile phone successor to the PS4 it is possible.

3 Years may seem quick, but there are phones already with Tegra 4i. Which I think, don't quote me on this, is just on the heals of what the 360 has in it. So by 2018, who knows what will be in phones.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because Light Yagami is awesome:

By the way, for those curious, Light Yagami's name in kanji is 夜神 月 (Yagami Raito). Yagami means "night god" and Light is written with the kanji that means "moon". So, judging by his kanji alone, his name can mean Moon Night God. If you take the name Light instead of the kanji's meaning, it becomes Light Night God, or given some liberties with the words' meanings, Light Dark God. (Dark, as in, night is dark.)

It's extremely fitting.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
PSABR would have been a much better game without the meter mechanic. I really wouldn't mind them copying smash outright.
But can't fault them for trying something new.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Because Light Yagami is awesome:

By the way, for those curious, Light Yagami's name in kanji is 夜神 月 (Yagami Raito). Yagami means "night god" and Light is written with the kajni that means "moon". So, judging by his kanji alone, his name can mean Moon Night God. If you take the name Light instead of the kanji's meaning, it becomes Light Night God, or given some liberties with the words' meanings, Light Dark God. (Dark, as in, night is dark.)

It's extremely fitting.
i prefer this scene
PSABR would have been a much better game without the meter mechanic. I really wouldn't mind them copying smash outright.
But can't fault them for trying something new.
have ya played the game? it's like trying to play a ship with no destination in a middle of the sea i mean i already complaint about the problems in earlier post

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
have ya played the game? it's like trying to play a ship with no destination in a middle of the sea i mean i already complaint about the problems in earlier post
Yeah, I played the game on the PS3, I liked playing with Ratchet and Big Daddy, Thought it has been a while I haven't tried out Zeus, Emmit (?) and Kat.
I just feel like the characters who have most effective level 1 supers and gain meter the fastest tend to be the best characters.
Ratchet's and Sackboy are two ones off the top of my head.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
God forbid Nintendo from not having racial diversity in Mario Kart 8. :rolleyes: sarcasm/

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/16/mario-kart-8-criticised-for-lack-of-skin-colour-diversity/
First Nintendo gets accused for ignoring same-sex marriage, NOW people are mad because there isn't enough racial diversity...

These guys can't catch a break, no one is ever satisfied. This quest for equality by all groups of people has ruined gaming life. No one can't appreciate a game for what it is...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why are they attacking Mario Kart specifically? It's not like they had a lot of racially diverse choices to choose from.
Why yes, because Japan's population isn't that full of "colored people" to begin with. This is almost as ******** as the gay marriage situation for Tomodachi.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
First Nintendo gets accused for ignoring same-sex marriage, NOW people are mad because there isn't enough racial diversity...

These guys can't catch a break, no one is ever satisfied. This quest for equality by all groups of people has ruined gaming life. No one can't appreciate a game for what it is...
people need something to talk about and i guess this was the best choice? i'm sorry but seriously?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Why yes, because Japan's population isn't that full of "colored people" to begin with. This is almost as ******** as the gay marriage situation for Tomodachi.
Well, I can understand the offense taken by Tomodachi Life. It was implied that the gay marriage aspect was part of the "strange behavior" that Miis would exhibit. That's reasonable to take offense to.

But, if you really want to fight for racial equality for Nintendo, maybe you should ask them to include colored characters in their main series games first. Don't be mad because they didn't include their nonexistant colored Mario characters in Mario Kart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom