• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I'm trying to get into the Classic Megaman games atm. I've always been a fan of the X and Zero series but I never really tried the Classic ones extensively until now. I've already beaten 2 and moving onto 3 and it is kicking my ass.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Inspector Gadget, something I've loved to watch alot. Too bad the movie was a disgrace. Why would they even want to show us Dr. Claw's face? At least the sequel stayed true to the show's themes and charm.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Inspector Gadget, something I've loved to watch alot. Too bad the movie was a disgrace. Why would they even want to show us Dr. Claw's face? At least the sequel stayed true to the show's themes and charm.

Even as a kid I didn't like it. I went to the theater to watch it way back when, but even as a kid I didn't like it. There's that part there that sticks out in my mind, where the false Inspector Gadget uses his gadget arm to squeeze a man's... well... you know. Even as a kid I thought that was uncalled for. Never liked the movie even once. Not as a kid, not as an adult. The movie was terrible.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm trying to get into the Classic Megaman games atm. I've always been a fan of the X and Zero series but I never really tried the Classic ones extensively until now. I've already beaten 2 and moving onto 3 and it is kicking my ***.
Have you fought Shadow Man yet?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Anime? I started 2 years ago with LS out of curiosity, and well, this stuff should classified as a drug. By that I mean watching it is very like how I imagine taking drugs would be like. Next thing I know I'm watching Killer Angel vs the Pedophile-to-be* and The Angel and Devil Harem*. I tried watching PMMM around when the "third" movie came out and couldn't take it seriously. I'm currently watching this one called D-Fragments. I have no idea what "D" stands for and I don't think I wanna know. It was kinda good at the start, but now it's pretty much just bewb jokes.

*Nameshavebeenchanged

I started typing this post last page. I take my time OK?

Being a lesbian illegal in Japan? To be brutally honest, I highly doubt that.

@ UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord : I remember Inspector Gadget. And the Super Mario Bros Show. I've seen the NC episode on first movie but I haven't the second one.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Fairy Tail isn't bad, but it's not great either. It's pretty much your typical shounen anime. I'm keeping with the manga and I like it. I've watched around 100 episodes of the anime too.
Fairy tail is like a parody of Shounen anime/manga that never admits that it's parody. It takes basically every stereotype associated with Shounen manga and amplifies them to ridiculous extents. And often takes very direct jabs at those types of stereotypes and tropes...and then plays them dead straight a little while later. It's really interesting in that sense, I'd love to know what's going through Mashima's head in regards to it. That aside I find the series to be more or less mediocre.
I wouldn't mind if we went back to the anime subject from the last page. :p

Speaking of which, did you know that the word "anime" is used in Japan to refer to all animation, rather than just Japanese animation? The word itself comes from the term "animation", though some defend that it comes from the French word "animé", which means "animated".
I'm in that camp. Though I think it makes incredibly little difference which one is true.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm trying to get into the Classic Megaman games atm. I've always been a fan of the X and Zero series but I never really tried the Classic ones extensively until now. I've already beaten 2 and moving onto 3 and it is kicking my ***.
With the exception of the final boss from 7 that forever haunts my nightmares, I always found 3 to be the hardest of the classic series games. Though opinions vary very wildly about which ones are harder/easier.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When it comes to movie reviews, Nostalgia Critic is ver trustworthy when it comes to them. He points out what makes the movie bad, gives us some insight on the film's presentation, and tell us what they could have done to make it better. The ONLY review I disagree with was the Pokemon movie because he clearly has no knowledge of the franchise.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
With the exception of the final boss from 7 that forever haunts my nightmares, I always found 3 to be the hardest of the classic series games. Though opinions vary very wildly about which ones are harder/easier.
I always heard 1 was the hardest so I skipped it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
When it comes to movie reviews, Nostalgia Critic is ver trustworthy when it comes to them. He points out what makes the movie bad, gives us some insight on the film's presentation, and tell us what they could have done to make it better. The ONLY review I disagree with was the Pokemon movie because he clearly has no knowledge of the franchise.
Honestly, I see him more as a comedy reviewer.
He's meant to make people laugh. He makes fun of something rather than giving constructive criticism.
Don't get me wrong I like him. But I wouldn't call the the most trustworthy reviewer out there.

I'll admit, it's not the hardest of the games (it'll always be Megaman 4 for me), but I do think it's the weakest.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
See, and one thing I kind of agreed with him on the Pokemon movie was when he said that if you just aren't into Pokemon, you are not going to enjoy this movie. I've come to call this feeling "Pokemon Movie Syndrome", where the movie in question cannot be enjoyed unless you are already a fan. You cannot enjoy any one Pokemon film if you don't enjoy Pokemon already, or at the very least, it's incredibly difficult to do.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I wanna post a random anime gif dump too!

Bah, I don't have a lot of good ones... :glare:

I like anime and manga... My tastes are all over the place, so I can't really say I have a fave genre. If only they could make a Super Smash manga/anime (wtf is a World War Blue?)... or continue the FE one (or something new all together...).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I don't really see how knowledge of the franchise would be important for doing a review of the first movie. I'm a big pokemon fan and I seem to have the same likes/problems with that movie as people who know nothing about pokemon, and the movie doesn't really require any knowledge about pokemon going in beyond what basically the entire free world knows about pokemon. As opposed to something like say the Full Metal Alchemist movie where you will have no idea what's going on if you haven't seen the series. The pokemon movie doesn't even have much in the way of fanservice (I mean fanservice as in pandering aimed directly at fans, not as in TandA).

A good majority of people seem to think 1 is the hardest. I never had much trouble with it. The hardest thing about it in my opinion is that there are no E tanks so if there's a boss that gives you trouble and you can't beat with one health bar you're straight screwed (which for a lot of people was the yellow devil).

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
imo the jump of difficulty from 2 to 3 is insane. I'm on 4 right now, difficulty is 3 > 1 > 2 so far.
the last part of 3 is super hard imo. Did it without savestates and if it weren't for abundant lives I'm positive I'd never beat it.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499

I like anime and manga... My tastes are all over the place, so I can't really say I have a fave genre. If only they could make a Super Smash manga/anime (wtf is a World War Blue?)... or continue the FE one (or something new all together...).
Wait wait, what the actual **** is this?

uh, mind telling what anime this is from?

also please tell me there is more of suit wearing sharks in this show.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
idk how to feel right now after hours of trying to recover my ps3s save data i can now say it failed miserably

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

World World Blue? More like Super Fanservice Console Wars Online. :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Gyo Tokyo Fish Attack
NOOOOOOOOOO why'd ya have to tell him! This anime will scar you for life! Run while you still can!!

Jk, jk... And yes, there's mechanical sharks, fishes, and other **** I don't remember.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
World World Blue? More like Super Fanservice Console Wars Online. :troll:
Lol, yeah. I actually bought the first volume to the manga. It was actually for my sister's friend for a birthday gift. She wanted me to get either a yaoi or something lametastic. I'm a responsible adult -- no to yaoi (I have no idea if his parents would allow him to read 18+ material.), so I bought WWB. But she forgot to give him the manga (it's been like 2 months now...) so I may just end up keeping it. :laugh:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anime topic? I don't really watch TV or anything much. Last anime I watched was Oreimo, good stuff.

I got Triple Deluxe the other day, and it's definitely one of my absolute favorite 3DS games so far, it's really great. Pretty close to getting 100% on it.
I don't like racing games, but MK8 is looking very appealing. Might just be the long wait for Smash though. I'm actually thinking about getting it.

idk how to feel right now after hours of trying to recover my ps3s save data i can now say it failed miserably
My PS3 died a long while back, I managed to get my data onto a hard drive, but I never did get another PS3 to use it on again. So I sorta know that feel.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Anime topic? I don't really watch TV or anything much. Last anime I watched was Oreimo, good stuff.

I got Triple Deluxe the other day, and it's definitely one of my absolute favorite 3DS games so far, it's really great. Pretty close to getting 100% on it.
I don't like racing games, but MK8 is looking very appealing. Might just be the long wait for Smash though. I'm actually thinking about getting it.

My PS3 died a long while back, I managed to get my data onto a hard drive, but I never did get another PS3 to use it on again. So I sorta know that feel.
Mario Kart 8 look like the ****, totally a day one buy for me...

if i had money

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

atleast you still have yoursave data i have a system thats empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom