• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Aww, I missed the gif posting party~ D:

Oh well. One more won't hurt. <3

I would not be disappointed at all if this was ZSS's new Final Smash. ¦D

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
One time, in Australia, we got this game called Super Smash Bros. Brawl or something, like, 6 months after it's release. It was awesome.
I never understood why Australia gets things way later sometimes. They don't even have to localize the games do they?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
For some reason FalKoopa's pick made me realize I almost never get the pokemon version featuring the legendary I like on it.

Gold and Silver: I like Lugia much more than Ho-oh. I got Gold.
Ruby and Saphire-I LOVE Kyogre, don't like Groudon at all. I got Ruby.
Diamond and Pearl-I much prefer Palkia. I got Diamond.
X and Y-I like Yvetal WAY more than Xernas. I got X.

The only time I got the one with the pokemon I liked was Black and White(I prefer Zerkrom, I got black).

I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Also it seems I always end up with the game that gets top billing, though that's never been my reason for getting one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For some reason FalKoopa's pick made me realize I almost never get the pokemon version featuring the legendary I like on it.

The only time I got the one with the pokemon I liked was Black and White(I prefer Zerkrom, I got black).
Now, if you got Black 2...

I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Also it seems I always end up with the game that gets top billing, though that's never been my reason for getting one.
Pure luck.

I was talking about the Game Corner on a different topic at TVTropes. I somehow got post 777 when specifically talking about the gambling part in itself.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I never understood why Australia gets things way later sometimes. They don't even have to localize the games do they?
its more that Nintendo of aus and nz usually sucks i cant remember the reason brawl was delayed here but i remember it was too long for a mate of mine who bought from the states then hacked his wii to play it. Since we also speak English no localizing unless u get restricted classification which smash or any Nintendo game never gets.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Australia gets the games late for the same reason Europe gets them late. Both are PAL regions, instead of NTSC regions like Japan and USA.

While I think it no longer applies nowadays (though I could be wrong), the fact those countries were PAL regions meant they had to change the consoles so TVs could display the games' image properly and at the right frame rate. PAL and NTSC are image standards for analog TV, after all. PAL has a frame rate of 50 Hz, while NTSC's frame rate is 60 Hz.

Europe also got Brawl 6 months after the Japanese release.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Black? Zekrom wasn't catchable in Black. Reshiram is the mascot of Black. Unless you are talking about Black 2.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Black? Zekrom wasn't catchable in Black. Reshiram is the mascot of Black. Unless you are talking about Black 2.
Oh wow you're right. Not sure how I got that mixed up.
I stand corrected then. I have NEVER gotten the game with the legendary I prefer.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Australia gets the games late for the same reason Europe gets them late. Both are PAL regions, instead of NTSC regions like Japan and USA.

While I think it no longer applies nowadays (though I could be wrong), the fact those countries were PAL regions meant they had to change the consoles so TVs could display the games' image properly and at the right frame rate. PAL and NTSC are image standards for analog TV, after all. PAL has a frame rate of 50 Hz, while NTSC's frame rate is 60 Hz.

Europe also got Brawl 6 months after the Japanese release.
Because Australia is in the PAL region we have to wait for the European versions which need to be translated so many times. It sucks because we only need English and would most likely get games closer to the US release if we were NTSC.
Thankfully the last couple of years we've received some Nintendo games before everyone else such as NSMBWii.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't really have a favorite mascot, cause half the time I hardly ever use them.
Though, if I had to make a list...
Lugia
Groudon
Palkia
Zekrom
Yveltal.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Blastoise
Lugia
Rayquaza
None
None Xeneras

Gen 4 and 5 forgot that you can make a Pokemon look badass without over complicating their design.

Also, ubers are for cheats.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I bet you all Nintendo is going big at E3 this year, I don't see why people don't buy it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Nintendo will have a huge presentation planned. They've been so secretive. There has to be heaps in the works.
Plus they announced what would be one of their biggest titles, hoenn remakes, are hosting a smash fest, and are teasing huge amounts of wii u games.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Wow...

I just watched the first episode of the third season of Primeval.
And I never watched the series before.
I think I fell in love...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hate the designs of all legendary pokemon. I take That back, Mew, Mewtwo, Jirachi and the Uno, Dos, Tres birds all look okay.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hate the designs of all legendary pokemon. I take That back, Mew, Mewtwo, Jirachi and the Uno, Dos, Tres birds all look okay.
I'm more of a fan of the Weather Trio, Tao Trio, Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh. Yvetal isn't too bad either.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fav Mascots

Blastoise
Luigia
Kyogre
Giratina
Reshiram
Xerneas (unless Zygarde is one, too)

I like a lot of Legendaries. Out of all of them, Heatrain or Protom are my favs. The lack if Legendaries in X/Y at release was disappointing for me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I though we had already left these types of horrible editing back in the early 2000s.
Me too, but America as usual think that the average kid wouldn't even want to know about cultures outside their own or know what doriaki is. Changing the first aid into pizza was because of the religious imagery (implying that children don't go to church or know what a cross is. :rolleyes:). Everybody and their mother should know what chopsticks are, so why replace them with forks. And this is coming from the same company that rarely edited any Studio Ghibli film in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom