• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bowser is also not the main villain of many Mario games too. Mario Party especially. Where he's just there in some cases. The real villain is the guy who "created" the mini-games and boards. He's not the main villain of some of the RPG's as well, just showing up or even being a hero. This is why I consider them no different in the end. Being a villain slightly more often doesn't much make him really "different". You seem to be misunderstanding the comparison. The only difference between the two is Bowser is the main villain more often. They're otherwise extremely similar overall. Shows up in the most games, generally a villain, rarely does good stuff, both notable in and unique additions to Smash.
Bowser is the main villain of the Mario games most of the time while Wolf has never been one of the main villain of the Star Fox games. There's a world of a difference. You have one character who is the main antagonist in probably 90+% of a series and one character who only appears in 60% of another.

That only explains why he got added late, but it has nothing to do with why he was added in the first place. He was always going to be in the game. And for what was likely last minute programming, Sakurai actually bothered to make him a very unique character, putting far more care into his actual gameplay than Falco's. Cutscenes don't mean much, especially when they're going to be gone in 4, the only thing Falco had going for him in Brawl of note at all.
Cutscenes mean a lot for planning when probably a good solid year was spent on them if other CGI animation is any indication.

She was added fairly late because of the SSE, not because she was an afterthought. Same as everybody except Sonic(not even planned at first) and the Forbidden 7(who didn't get in). No, he was not even close to highly relevant over Jigglypuff. They were much closer to being in the same boat entirely. Everything that made Mewtwo relevant(the movies) were done with. He was just another Gen 1 guy. No more, no less. He was not important in FR/LG whatsoever. He just existed. Jigglypuff had the original 12 status, which immediately made her the more important choice. People overrate Mewtwo's importance, which is not that high to anything beyond the Anime and its Movies at best. Popularity-wise, Jigglypuff was already a full contender against Mewtwo, and part of why she got in 64 over him, the other was programming.
How is "the Ulitimate Pokemon" who even had two movies based on it at the time more relevant than a Pokemon that was dumped from the anime after the first couple of seasons? Mewtwo's popularity has never really faded either while Jigglypuff hasn't really even been used in promotional stuff since the second generation or so.

You didn't read the part where only Pichu was going to be cut entirely. Because it was Pikachu but more, and didn't star as a protagonist in his own game or a key antagonist. Roy wasn't finished due to Sonic's inclusion, same with Dr. Mario.
When were these things said? I don't think Sonic's ever been officially blamed for Roy, Doc, or Mewtwo's absence in Brawl.

Wolf is almost entirely different from Fox, so I barely even count him as a semi-clone, and the rest were still highly similar to the original. Toon Link still had most of the same animations as Link, just didn't properties.
He's different in the sense that he's inverted. I'll talk about this later.

I didn't say he was a major one. I said he was one period. And if a series can have a villain? It should well before a secondary hero(especially a fairly unimportant one, who didn't even get a notable role till after Melee, his first appearance as a clone, where he was simply Fox remade). Wolf > Falco in overall notability. Falco is hardly memorable beyond being in Melee, which is where his real popularity came from. Wolf was popular even before that, which is a major reason he got into Brawl in the first place.
The Official Melee Poll.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Wolf had less votes than Slippy. Let that sink in for a bit. Also, he was tied with the Ice Climbers (who hadn't had a game in 15 years) and had less votes than Pit (absent for 13 years). In fact, of all the first and second party characters added in Melee and Brawl from the Melee poll, he had the fewest of any character aside from the Ice Climbers :

Bowser 169
Peach 66
Wario 65
King Dedede 46
Ganondorf 36
Mewtwo 35
Marth 21
Red 18
Diddy 15
Metaknight 11
Young Link/Zelda/Sheik 8
Falco 7
Pit 5
Ice Climbers 4
Wolf 4

Wolf having two of the same moves(no different from most characters anyway) is a pretty bad reason to say he's not an original addition. He's no clone, or comes very close to one at all. Lucas is also not a good example as he's far more similar to Ness than Wolf is to Fox. Lucas is pretty much closer to what Ganondorf is to Falcon, a near clone in Brawl, but still fairly distinct.
It's not just two moves. It's all his specials. You mention his blaster and the reflector but, mechanically speaking, his recovery and side b function largely the same. The side b (called WOLF FLASH) can even be canceled out just like the Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm and Wolf's recovery is even called FIRE WOLF, in line with Fire Fox and Fire Bird.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/hidden12.html

Wolf is the least clone-like of any of the characters with the same B moves, something he started off as. Not even Luigi got that far, actually still being fairly similar to Mario overall. They have their differences, but still have similar moves, and some near identical ones.
Because they're twin brothers. It makes sense for them to have similar moves especially when you consider how, aside from Super Mario Bros 2 USA, they were largely recolors of each for nearly a decade.

I'd like to note that Meta Knight and King Dedede have the same jumping ability as Kirby, and King DDD has a near identical Neutral B to Kirby. To note, the latter is actually just as much of a semi-clone to Kirby as Wolf is to Fox. Anything else is an exaggeration of how much of a clone he is.
That's hardly true. For starters, Dedede's inhale and flying abilities are similar because, after being beaten in Kirby's Dreamland, King Dedede trained to fly like Kirby. These similarities make sense. Fox and Wolf's do not. King Dedede's moves also aren't just opposite's of Kirby's either because he largely attacks with a giant hammer where, as pointed out earlier, where Fox largely attacks with his feet, Wolf largely attacks with his hands. This is the case for the f-Smash, d-smash, f-tilt, f-air, u-air, d-air, and jab combo. Throw in the slightly modified specials and you see a character that was largely designed to be an opposite from the ground up. The Metaknight argument doesn't hold any water either pretty much for the same reasons as Dedede unless you honestly want to count the similar D-throw and U-throw.

And I do not believe Wolf will be considered to be cut before Falco, not being an original character. You are still forgetting clones were thrown quite quickly onto the chopping block. Falco came from a barely represented series, where Pichu, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario(and technically Young Link, but was upgraded) were all highly repped before them. They had at least 2. Roy was from a series that almost didn't get repped outside of Japan, so he had less importance in comparison. You keep saying Mewtwo is "important", but if he was anywhere near that, he would've definitely been in Brawl. He's not clearly that important, and Jigglypuff was definitely more. It's why she's in, and he's not. Pichu wasn't at all, obviously. Just a fun clone. StarFox itself was a very big series and very popular, so there was no reason to cut anyone from it. Ganondorf is the main villain, enough said. Young Link was the main protagonist along with Link. That's why he got the upgrade to the newest version of the Child Link, one of the main protagonists. The only reason Falco has anything is because he had some cool cutscenes in Brawl. Beyond that, he has no real importance to Smash, and very little to the SF series in the long run. Two games is not "much". Not out of six. Wolf plays a notable bad guy or anti-hero role in everything but the first game. He was always in the overall story to a degree.
Star Fox was only a 5 game series so two characters would have easily sufficed. If Falco wasn't important, why did he stay? You keep insisting that he's not important and nobody cares about him so then why is he still around? Wolf wasn't in Adventures either and, as said numerous times, Falco was in all 5 games. Also, as I keep repeating, Star Fox only consists of 5 original games so it is not a big series and this gets shot down even further when you consider how, sales wise, it easily gets beaten out by more than a dozen different Nintendo franchises (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, DK, Wario, Nintendogs, Brain Age, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Mii, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Metroid, Smash Bros, etc).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't know much about Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, so I saw Dio as that guy who dropped a ****ing steamroller on your head and went WRYYYYYYYYY.

Sorry 'bout that. I wasn't trying to post it, but I accidentally did.
It just said something about Mr. Game and Watch's model being 3D made to look like 2D.
It's kinda odd how G&W has a 3D model that's just flattened up a bunch to look 2D.

You can sorta see this if you turn around with G&W while's he has a hammer. You can see his mouth from the front. He's turning around in 3D, but he's still flat and 2D, if you get what I'm saying.

Or you could just download or rip a G&W model file from Melee and Brawl if you want to see the whole thing.

----

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't know much about Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, so I saw Dio as that guy who dropped a ****ing steamroller on your head and went WRYYYYYYYYY.
That's pretty much Dio. He's also the guy that will troll you with time stops when you try to climb a flight of stairs.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Dio should totally appear in the next P4 Arena and troll everyone before he murders them.

Your personas can't stand up to me, DIO! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA....MUDAA!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bowser is the main villain of the Mario games most of the time while Wolf has never been one of the main villain of the Star Fox games. There's a world of a difference. You have one character who is the main antagonist in probably 90+% of a series and one character who only appears in 60% of another.
You missed the whole point. That isn't a world of difference at all. They're almost exactly alike beyond who the main antagonist is. They don't have any real differences beyond that(not even how they're both feral fighters in Brawl).

Cutscenes mean a lot for planning when probably a good solid year was spent on them if other CGI animation is any indication.
Not really. The gameplay is the key thing. And Wolf still is quite different from Fox, far more than Falco.

How is "the Ulitimate Pokemon" who even had two movies based on it at the time more relevant than a Pokemon that was dumped from the anime after the first couple of seasons? Mewtwo's popularity has never really faded either while Jigglypuff hasn't really even been used in promotional stuff since the second generation or so.
Those movies were over well before Brawl. It's oldhat. Both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo were completely irrelevant to the Anime, which, notably, Sakurai looks at. The games alone won't help. Mewtwo was clearly not important or relevant enough to make it into Brawl, yet Jigglypuff was. That's just a fact.

When were these things said? I don't think Sonic's ever been officially blamed for Roy, Doc, or Mewtwo's absence in Brawl.
No offense, but you don't know a lot about Brawl's creation do you?

Sakurai outright said that the roster was planned well before Sonic's inclusion. It was completely finished. Sonic came in. Then we lost characters. There's no logical explanation beyond Sonic being the reason why. Literally. "The first interesting tidbit he dropped during his talk was that the final character roster was essentially completed when the design document was finalized on July 7, 2005" http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/15390/sakurai-speaks-on-brawl-character-development It also notes Sonic was the only exception to this. There hasn't been anything contradicting this either, so Sonic was the only possible reason for him to cut his planned characters. Everybody else was planned according to this, bar none.

He's different in the sense that he's inverted. I'll talk about this later.
Still different overall. Unlike Falco who is the same in Melee and in the StarFox games, especially 64.

The Official Melee Poll.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Wolf had less votes than Slippy. Let that sink in for a bit. Also, he was tied with the Ice Climbers (who hadn't had a game in 15 years) and had less votes than Pit (absent for 13 years). In fact, of all the first and second party characters added in Melee and Brawl from the Melee poll, he had the fewest of any character aside from the Ice Climbers
That would be implying I talked about popularity at all. I said importance, in which Wolf is still far more notable overall compared to Falco, until after Melee when the bird finally did something noteworthy beyond existing. Popularity is great, but is irrelevant to what I ever said.

Bowser 169
Peach 66
Wario 65
King Dedede 46
Ganondorf 36
Mewtwo 35
Marth 21
Red 18
Diddy 15
Metaknight 11
Young Link/Zelda/Sheik 8
Falco 7
Pit 5
Ice Climbers 4
Wolf 4
Big deal. Not like he included some of those exactly overall. He didn't even bother to include Red, just a generic wannabe partially based upon him. Again, popularity was not my point for Wolf or Falco at all. That only had relevance to Mewtwo and that's it.

It's not just two moves. It's all his specials. You mention his blaster and the reflector but, mechanically speaking, his recovery and side b function largely the same. The side b (called WOLF FLASH) can even be canceled out just like the Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm and Wolf's recovery is even called FIRE WOLF, in line with Fire Fox and Fire Bird.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/hidden12.html
The Fire Wolf is because he blasts forward like firing out of a cannon. It has nothing to do with the element. It's called Wolf Shoot in Japan. Fox and Falco's version are translated from a near identical name of Fire Fox. They're only alike in the name only. And no, I don't believe anything but the Reflector or Landmaster are anywhere near identical. Mechanically speaking, they're(the other 3 specials) widely different too. Different animations, different angles, different effects. Really, his Blaster is more like comparing Samus and Link(all 3)'s Bombs. Same name, different move. His Reflector has different statistics, but is otherwise like Fox's. Same as Landmaster.

Because they're twin brothers. It makes sense for them to have similar moves especially when you consider how, aside from Super Mario Bros 2 USA, they were largely recolors of each for nearly a decade.
So? They didn't even make them identical either. Pichu is practically the only identical clone in existence, and other than hurting itself, it does pretty much everything the same(slightly different damage and knockback excluded). Everybody else was very different.

That's hardly true. For starters, Dedede's inhale and flying abilities are similar because, after being beaten in Kirby's Dreamland, King Dedede trained to fly like Kirby. These similarities make sense. Fox and Wolf's do not. King Dedede's moves also aren't just opposite's of Kirby's either because he largely attacks with a giant hammer where, as pointed out earlier, where Fox largely attacks with his feet, Wolf largely attacks with his hands. This is the case for the f-Smash, d-smash, f-tilt, f-air, u-air, d-air, and jab combo. Throw in the slightly modified specials and you see a character that was largely designed to be an opposite from the ground up. The Metaknight argument doesn't hold any water either pretty much for the same reasons as Dedede unless you honestly want to count the similar D-throw and U-throw.
You're looking at the forest, but not paying attention to the trees. Fact is, they're clone techniques. Near identical in the moveset. It doesn't matter why, and never will. A clone move is a clone move. Most have 'em. And Wolf has two identical moves max, and widely different otherwise. He's as much of a semi-clone as almost everyone else. Falco was a near clone, and a semi-clone come Brawl.

Star Fox was only a 5 game series so two characters would have easily sufficed. If Falco wasn't important, why did he stay? You keep insisting that he's not important and nobody cares about him so then why is he still around? Wolf wasn't in Adventures either and, as said numerous times, Falco was in all 5 games. Also, as I keep repeating, Star Fox only consists of 5 original games so it is not a big series and this gets shot down even further when you consider how, sales wise, it easily gets beaten out by more than a dozen different Nintendo franchises (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, DK, Wario, Nintendogs, Brain Age, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Mii, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Metroid, Smash Bros, etc).
You said it yourself, he got importance in Adventures. He had nothing notable beyond that under his belt. He's likable and popular, of course. He and Wolf were clearly planned to be in, according to Sakurai's own words. Neither were an afterthought overall. He made one still mostly a clone[Falco](with only some slight A move differences), and the other almost entirely different[Wolf](with two identical specials). Wolf had way more done to his moveset to be original than Falco in the end. Falco got more cutscene note.

Sales don't matter much to Sakurai(at most it might suggest repping the series in the first place, but there's really no evidence to show he cares about them at all). Nor does amount of games. Pokemon and Mario started off with 2 characters in the first place. Everybody else got 1. And Zelda had tons of games. By Melee, it got 4 new characters, and StarFox got one. F-Zero had just as many games as StarFox, still got one. That kind of stuff really doesn't much matter. The whole "overrepped" bit in itself isn't based upon the overall games or sales. If a series already has tons of reps(Fire Emblem is a special case), he doesn't have much of an issue of switching them out for others or letting them go. FE is an exception because he didn't even first plan to include them in the international Melee character roster. Just Japan's. He didn't really show any high value towards the series. Otherwise he could've made sure Roy stayed to have 3 characters, possibly removing one Pokemon so it has 5 overall.(just for instance)

I am getting tired as is, though. I'll make some notes;

If Mewtwo was so severely important to Smash, he'd have been in Brawl no doubt. But he wasn't. Jigglypuff was. That makes it clear who Sakurai values more. This could even mean he doesn't get into Smash 4 unless we have 7 Pokemon. It's rather possible with how much Sakurai liked the idea of the Grass/Water/Fire trio earlier. He possibly replaced Squirtle with Greninja, and it's not hard to believe Ivysaur will share a similar fate, having a Grass starter in its place. Jigglypuff is not going anywhere realistically. That covers 6 spots pretty well. Mewtwo has a fair chance for the sixth spot, but he's just got nothing of note over Jigglypuff now. His Mega Evolutions and Movie aren't nearly as extreme as you think it is. Remember that that movie didn't get him into 64 either. It got him into Melee. We also know Sakurai considered Mewtwo for 64, so that likely played a major role. It wasn't enough for Brawl, regardless.

Wolf himself is the only playable "villain" in StarFox. Mewtwo doesn't much count as he turned good during his premiere movie, notably. He's just kind of dark, but not really evil. Just misunderstood. Wolf is not(this is why I compare him to Bowser and Ganondorf. He's the villain of the StarFox reps. Something that you're kind of missing in my overall point). Wolf should stay because he fits the few villain roles we have, story or otherwise. Wario was shown that way too, although King Dedede and Meta Knight clearly weren't. Ganondorf and Bowser were clearly villains during Brawl. I'm a firm believer that villains will stay before extra heroes. Not added first necessarily, but play a pretty big role in having good Smash representation. Keep in mind this is why I said Mewtwo barely counts, as his only villain role was "technically" being one in Event 51. By virtue of his team up. If that was more than a coincidence even. It's quite possible he was there because he was excellent at providing support in team battles, being otherwise terrible on his own.(you know, the support guy. Like the team healer, etc.)

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
You missed the whole point. That isn't a world of difference at all. They're almost exactly alike beyond who the main antagonist is. They don't have any real differences beyond that(not even how they're both feral fighters in Brawl).

Not really. The gameplay is the key thing. And Wolf still is quite different from Fox, far more than Falco.

Those movies were over well before Brawl. It's oldhat. Both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo were completely irrelevant to the Anime, which, notably, Sakurai looks at. The games alone won't help. Mewtwo was clearly not important or relevant enough to make it into Brawl, yet Jigglypuff was. That's just a fact.

No offense, but you don't know a lot about Brawl's creation do you?

Sakurai outright said that the roster was planned well before Sonic's inclusion. It was completely finished. Sonic came in. Then we lost characters. There's no logical explanation beyond Sonic being the reason why. Literally. "The first interesting tidbit he dropped during his talk was that the final character roster was essentially completed when the design document was finalized on July 7, 2005" http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/15390/sakurai-speaks-on-brawl-character-development It also notes Sonic was the only exception to this. There hasn't been anything contradicting this either, so Sonic was the only possible reason for him to cut his planned characters. Everybody else was planned according to this, bar none.

Still different overall. Unlike Falco who is the same in Melee and in the StarFox games, especially 64.

That would be implying I talked about popularity at all. I said importance, in which Wolf is still far more notable overall compared to Falco, until after Melee when the bird finally did something noteworthy beyond existing. Popularity is great, but is irrelevant to what I ever said.

Big deal. Not like he included some of those exactly overall. He didn't even bother to include Red, just a generic wannabe partially based upon him. Again, popularity was not my point for Wolf or Falco at all. That only had relevance to Mewtwo and that's it.

The Fire Wolf is because he blasts forward like firing out of a cannon. It has nothing to do with the element. It's called Wolf Shoot in Japan. Fox and Falco's version are translated from a near identical name of Fire Fox. They're only alike in the name only. And no, I don't believe anything but the Reflector or Landmaster are anywhere near identical. Mechanically speaking, they're(the other 3 specials) widely different too. Different animations, different angles, different effects. Really, his Blaster is more like comparing Samus and Link(all 3)'s Bombs. Same name, different move. His Reflector has different statistics, but is otherwise like Fox's. Same as Landmaster.

So? They didn't even make them identical either. Pichu is practically the only identical clone in existence, and other than hurting itself, it does pretty much everything the same(slightly different damage and knockback excluded). Everybody else was very different.

You're looking at the forest, but not paying attention to the trees. Fact is, they're clone techniques. Near identical in the moveset. It doesn't matter why, and never will. A clone move is a clone move. Most have 'em. And Wolf has two identical moves max, and widely different otherwise. He's as much of a semi-clone as almost everyone else. Falco was a near clone, and a semi-clone come Brawl.

You said it yourself, he got importance in Adventures. He had nothing notable beyond that under his belt. He's likable and popular, of course. He and Wolf were clearly planned to be in, according to Sakurai's own words. Neither were an afterthought overall. He made one still mostly a clone[Falco](with only some slight A move differences), and the other almost entirely different[Wolf](with two identical specials). Wolf had way more done to his moveset to be original than Falco in the end. Falco got more cutscene note.

Sales don't matter much to Sakurai(at most it might suggest repping the series in the first place, but there's really no evidence to show he cares about them at all). Nor does amount of games. Pokemon and Mario started off with 2 characters in the first place. Everybody else got 1. And Zelda had tons of games. By Melee, it got 4 new characters, and StarFox got one. F-Zero had just as many games as StarFox, still got one. That kind of stuff really doesn't much matter. The whole "overrepped" bit in itself isn't based upon the overall games or sales. If a series already has tons of reps(Fire Emblem is a special case), he doesn't have much of an issue of switching them out for others or letting them go. FE is an exception because he didn't even first plan to include them in the international Melee character roster. Just Japan's. He didn't really show any high value towards the series. Otherwise he could've made sure Roy stayed to have 3 characters, possibly removing one Pokemon so it has 5 overall.(just for instance)

I am getting tired as is, though. I'll make some notes;

If Mewtwo was so severely important to Smash, he'd have been in Brawl no doubt. But he wasn't. Jigglypuff was. That makes it clear who Sakurai values more. This could even mean he doesn't get into Smash 4 unless we have 7 Pokemon. It's rather possible with how much Sakurai liked the idea of the Grass/Water/Fire trio earlier. He possibly replaced Squirtle with Greninja, and it's not hard to believe Ivysaur will share a similar fate, having a Grass starter in its place. Jigglypuff is not going anywhere realistically. That covers 6 spots pretty well. Mewtwo has a fair chance for the sixth spot, but he's just got nothing of note over Jigglypuff now. His Mega Evolutions and Movie aren't nearly as extreme as you think it is. Remember that that movie didn't get him into 64 either. It got him into Melee. We also know Sakurai considered Mewtwo for 64, so that likely played a major role. It wasn't enough for Brawl, regardless.

Wolf himself is the only playable "villain" in StarFox. Mewtwo doesn't much count as he turned good during his premiere movie, notably. He's just kind of dark, but not really evil. Just misunderstood. Wolf is not(this is why I compare him to Bowser and Ganondorf. He's the villain of the StarFox reps. Something that you're kind of missing in my overall point). Wolf should stay because he fits the few villain roles we have, story or otherwise. Wario was shown that way too, although King Dedede and Meta Knight clearly weren't. Ganondorf and Bowser were clearly villains during Brawl. I'm a firm believer that villains will stay before extra heroes. Not added first necessarily, but play a pretty big role in having good Smash representation. Keep in mind this is why I said Mewtwo barely counts, as his only villain role was "technically" being one in Event 51. By virtue of his team up. If that was more than a coincidence even. It's quite possible he was there because he was excellent at providing support in team battles, being otherwise terrible on his own.(you know, the support guy. Like the team healer, etc.)
whats all this then?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've already died twice in SMT4. Both times were cheap as well. I messed up the timing to get a preemptive attack both times and the demons got to attack first instead. At bith times I only had a party of like 2. I was basically OHKO'd. To come back alive after the first time I payed Play Coins to come back to life. The second time was free, and gave me the option to lower the difficulty (which I have not done).

My current quest is looking for Navarre but for some reason the challenge quest of delivering the Gryphon Claws didn't get read as completed, even though they got taken out of my inventory and Q started selling the Bone Sword, so I'm currently returning to the city to deliver them again and see if it will get listed as completed.

Also recruiting demons is fun. Much funner the catching Pokemon. Plus being able to fuse them like they are worthless is satisfying as well lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've already died twice in SMT4. Both times were cheap as well. I messed up the timing to get a preemptive attack both times and the demons got to attack first instead. At bith times I only had a party of like 2. I was basically OHKO'd. To come back alive after the first time I payed Play Coins to come back to life. The second time was free, and gave me the option to lower the difficulty (which I have not done).

My current quest is looking for Navarre but for some reason the challenge quest of delivering the Gryphon Claws didn't get read as completed, even though they got taken out of my inventory and Q started selling the Bone Sword, so I'm currently returning to the city to deliver them again and see if it will get listed as completed.

Also recruiting demons is fun. Much funner the catching Pokemon. Plus being able to fuse them like they are worthless is satisfying as well lol.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but I read the whole thing anyways. Good job.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I saw someone make a mockup of a roster for Playstation All-Stars Racing that would make me want to buy it.
This looks like a pretty good roster, no? I also like how they all ride their vehicles (or modded/made up versions) from their own games too. It's a nice touch.

Just had a thought.

Imagine if Nintendo had shown off OR/AS during E3, along with trailers for Ridley and Mewtwo in SSB4.

In front of a live audience.

Try to imagine the reaction.

-----
One thing I wanna see that would be a nice touch, is for all the eggs of different pokemon have different patterns and colors like there was in the anime. So that way, if you have a box filled with eggs, you'd be able to tell them apart. Why should Manaphy be the only one with his own egg?

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Well there isn't one in Pokemon Y. And I don't know if they were in the other remakes, so I'm just unsure.
When they made the Pokemon X/Y games, they most likely had to build new parts of the engine and some things like a move tutor was likely left out for time.

I mean, they gave it 3D cut scenes, made 800+ (double that with shinies) Pokemon models and animate 500+ attacks all over again. That takes a lot of time. So it can be forgiven that the move tutor is left out.

But with Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, I expect there to be more content in it since they will likely be using the X/Y engine and save so much more time by doing so.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When they made the Pokemon X/Y games, they most likely had to build new parts of the engine and some things like a move tutor was likely left out for time.

I mean, they gave it 3D cut scenes, made 800+ pokemon models and animate 500+ attacks all over again. That takes a lot of time. So it can be forgiven that the move tutor is left out.

But with Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, I expect there to be more content in it since they will likely be using the X/Y engine and save so much more time by doing so.
Also, trading back and fourth after giving them awesome moves.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dude, if he was in there everyone is ****ed. And I love Persona :c
Well you could argue that Elizabeth would be the only one to even have a chance. Lol (she actually is the only one who could take on Dio in that game. Lol)
Idk, Pucci's final Stand, Made in Heaven, is freaking bonkers. So is Giorgio Giovanna's Gold Experience Requiem.

Smooth Criminal

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Elizabeth is basically a cosmic level entity that exists on a plane of existence beyond our own. The power levels in Jojo are pretty up there but I think she'd do fine against Dio.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I saw someone make a mockup of a roster for Playstation All-Stars Racing that would make me want to buy it.
This looks like a pretty good roster, no? I also like how they all ride their vehicles (or modded/made up versions) from their own games too. It's a nice touch.
Omg, that Snake & Raiden kart <3

And freaking Robbit!? (Though I think I would prefer to control Robbit by himself)...

That's an instabuy for me! :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

One thing I wanna see that would be a nice touch, is for all the eggs of different pokemon have different patterns and colors like there was in the anime. So that way, if you have a box filled with eggs, you'd be able to tell them apart. Why should Manaphy be the only one with his own egg?
That looks pretty cool but I barely know who any of those characters are.

While I've owned Sony systems before, I've never really played any sony games

Edit:

http://cdn.brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comics/2014-05-09-564.png

IDK about you all, but I don't hold my 3DS either of those ways.

I have the tip of my thumb on the A and B button instead of my entire thumb

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That e3 game leak sounds interesting but there must be more then that. And a nintendogs fighting game would be a day one buy!
Wait... a Nintendogs fighting game? How do we know it is a fighting game? Because of the word, "unleashed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom