• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With Sheik being separate, and barring Zelda being heavily buffed, is she just another pretty face for most players now? I wonder if Bamco will be able to collect stats online for the most used characters, I bet she'll be low.
People fully mained Zelda, you know. Just like some fully main any of the 3 Pokemon in PT, or Samus, or ZSS. This isn't odd. I highly doubt she won't be highly buffed, anyway.

Some don't even like Sheik either.(Diddy Kong is a well known user for his dislike of her)

R0Y

Smash Master
People fully mained Zelda, you know. Just like some fully main any of the 3 Pokemon in PT, or Samus, or ZSS. This isn't odd. I highly doubt she won't be highly buffed, anyway.

Some don't even like Sheik either.(Diddy Kong is a well known user for his dislike of her)
Some people will main any available character if they're fans, doesn't make it common to main Zelda.
Sheik's nerf changed that a lot though. In Melee Sheik was such a beast and most people who mained her didn't want to touch Zelda except maybe when low on health due to her far superior recovery.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some people will main any available character if they're fans, doesn't make it common to main Zelda.
Sheik's nerf changed that a lot though. In Melee Sheik was such a beast and most people who mained her didn't want to touch Zelda except maybe when low on health due to her far superior recovery.
I never said it was common.

I said people mained her. This won't change.

Everybody will have mains, and separating the transformations only further makes this more of an obvious thing to do. Your fears are completely unwarranted and unrealistic. Of course Zelda will be better. She got buffed and got a specific approach move.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm probably proof enough that people main any character.

I mained Pichu for half of my natural life. :chuckle:

R0Y

Smash Master
I never said it was common.

I said people mained her. This won't change.

Everybody will have mains, and separating the transformations only further makes this more of an obvious thing to do. Your fears are completely unwarranted and unrealistic. Of course Zelda will be better. She got buffed and got a specific approach move.
I'm just saying she might not be selected as much as she used to be in Melee... and that'd it'd be interesting if Bamco could implement online stats to see what numbers of users select which characters and stages.

Wasn't saying separating the characters is a bad thing at all, I think it's a great move for both her, ZSS, and Charizard.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is there a live link, though?
Poke jungle streams the show every Saturday, I watch it from time to time.. One episode had someone dressed as lucario beat up another cast member in a wrestling match. It was quite funny. And to all who will miss it, it will be everywhere within 20 minutes of showcasing it. Saw I was greininjad but thought I should point that stream out on poke jungle each week.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just saying she might not be selected as much as she used to be in Melee... and that'd it'd be interesting if Bamco could implement online stats to see what numbers of users select which characters and stages.
There is no way to tell who'll be selected more at this point. Everybody so far has looked like they'll be amazing at this point. I'm neutral to the idea of showing stats online. Somewhat against it, since it gives a false idea of who people like. Online choices are often based upon who is the best in that environment, where lag is common. It has nothing to do with real fan favorites.

Wasn't saying separating the characters is a bad thing at all, I think it's a great move for both her, ZSS, and Charizard.
IMO, I loved the transformation idea more, but they'll definitely be better to play as tier-wise. I think it's more balanced this way overall.

R0Y

Smash Master
There is no way to tell who'll be selected more at this point. Everybody so far has looked like they'll be amazing at this point. I'm neutral to the idea of showing stats online. Somewhat against it, since it gives a false idea of who people like. Online choices are often based upon who is the best in that environment, where lag is common. It has nothing to do with real fan favorites.
Yeah, now that I think about it, Funky Bike Wii. Don't want to encourage people to only pick the same characters whose wins are extremely high either. With almost everyone connecting over Wi-Fi (lack of a built-in Ethernet port, come on Nintendo), and many though walls, lag is still going to be a serious issue.

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
WAITWAITWAIT! what's with people saying something starting in a few hours? New direct?

My gamepad's battery charger is screwed and it only functions on a certain place with the wire in a certain position, so I wouldn't know, I can't use it all the time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of the remakes, I want to see Mega Kabutops? My reason sucks, since it just reminds me of MegaKabuterimon name-wise. Okay, I like Kabutops too, but still. Mega Omaster should follow. >_>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't wait to see what they decide to use. This is seriously my most anticipated E3.
Hoping pokemon shadow fate is finally revealed and is a sequel to xd for wii u. Also hope to see the new ip, Zelda u, hyrule warriors, the new Mario and a few surprise games for wii u.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Hoping pokemon shadow fate is finally revealed and is a sequel to xd for wii u. Also hope to see the new ip, Zelda u, hyrule warriors, the new Mario and a few surprise games for wii u.
I honestly don't care what they announce. I just hope they announce a lot! I have never even heard about Pokemon Shadow Fate, I thought they would show Pokken Fighters or something. Stadium 3? I just hope something Wii U related for Pokemon is in the works.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I can't wait to see what they decide to use. This is seriously my most anticipated E3.
For real! This is going to be an interesting E3 for all 3 companies. They gotta prove why their console is the better choice.
And what better way to do that with than games! :b:

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry I haven't been around much today. My girlfriend's car stopped working and I had to give her jumper cables
Why are you apologizing? That is just weird; you can live your life, no one minds. :denzel:

For real! This is going to be an interesting E3 for all 3 companies. They gotta prove why their console is the better choice.
And what better way to do that with than games! :b:
Last year, it was more about the consoles than the actual games, so that is what is going to make this year MUCH more exciting. I am still hoping for the random Fall Out 4 announcement. It will happen... one day.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly don't care what they announce. I just hope they announce a lot! I have never even heard about Pokemon Shadow Fate, I thought they would show Pokken Fighters or something. Stadium 3? I just hope something Wii U related for Pokemon is in the works.
Correction, it's shadow gate. Auto correct made it shadow fate. It was a named recently trademarked by Nintendo, game freak and the pokemon company. I also don't care about what is shown as long as it's good. Also I agree we will probably also see pokken fighters, the great pokemon detective pikachu, pokemon z and maybe a few other supprise games for wii u announced.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What if they replace the glorious Hoenn trumpets with guitars?!

I would be so sad.

Well, what kind of guitars are we talking about? We talking country guitar/banjo, we talking acoustic or are we talking White Zombie guitar? If we replace the trumpets with guitars, then please be White Zombie... that'd be SO COOL.

EXCEPT for when you're fighting Sharpedo anywhere ever... THEN it changes to 80s hair metal music. You need 80s hair metal if you're gonna fight sharks anywhere. You may not be able to hold out forever, but you can give them ONE HUMONGOUS REPAIR BILL!

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I still haven't beat Pikmin 3 and Dong-key Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
Hopefully when I finally get home from school I can blaze through them in time for Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, what kind of guitars are we talking about? We talking country guitar/banjo, we talking acoustic or are we talking White Zombie guitar? If we replace the trumpets with guitars, then please be White Zombie... that'd be SO COOL.

EXCEPT for when you're fighting Sharpedo anywhere ever... THEN it changes to 80s hair metal music. You need 80s hair metal if you're gonna fight sharks anywhere. You may not be able to hold out forever, but you can give them ONE HUMONGOUS REPAIR BILL!
Slayer guitars. Those are the best.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

I mean the X and Y styled guitars

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
The only problem with Sceptile getting a Mega Evolution is that I'd have to replace the Wide Lens with the Sceptilite and Grass Whistle will always miss. I'd also have to take Mega Banette off my team. :urg: #PokéProblems

Of course there's always the chance it'll be really ugly or have a weird type shoehorned in (Dragon) (4x Ice Beam)

Edit: HITMONCHAN FTW

Edit: Hitmonchan's power was too great and the stream was cancelled. :cry: Gods can be so temperamental. Maybe if they let Him learn Shadow Punch He would let the stream continue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom