• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Cliffjumper isn't finding it funny, then why not just stop replying to him with that? Problem solved, you know?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If Cliffjumper isn't finding it funny, then why not just stop replying to him with that? Problem solved, you know?
The exact same goes both ways. He could just ignore the users/stop replying.

Anyway, Unreal Tournament 4 is a thing. I told myself I wouldn't bother with Epic anymore, but ****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That seems like a good idea. Why did I never think of that or attempt to tell them to that?

Oh right, I did.
Unsurprised. People can't stop taking the obvious troll bait. :facepalm:

The only real way to stop this cycle is the picture stops being posted in reply to Cliffjumper. Nothing else.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi : You could just literally put mimgrim on ignore, and with the way he's acting, even trying to Rules Lawyer his way out of his behavior, you might as well. He has no intent of leaving you alone about this, and I'm completely with you that it's completely dickish in every way and there's no reason to post it again.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Because I don't care if he actually finds it funny. He just provides opportunities for me to post i but I would reply like that to anyone if the opportunity presents itself. It is very light teasing.

Hell. I've made fun of myself with a somewhat similar pic when I didn't get a joke that Wave made.

I don't even care that he dislikes it. It was him trying to get me to stop posting it that I had a problem with. If he had just said something along the lines of "I dislike the gif" rather then trying to get me to stop posting it I wouldn't have had a problem with it and probably would have stopped using it towards him, at least for a little while (Can't promise permanently because I'm a teaser at heart xD). But nstead he tried to basically threaten me with the poor excuse of what a mod said, when he has taken what the mod said out of context, is not a good way to get me to stop.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Did you know adblock can be used to block images?
I know I use it (sorry if you type in the url because you're nosy, no hard feelings just some images annoy me in terms of size/subject and that shouldn't bother you)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm still hoping we good an interesting update tonight. I wonder if they'll repost that Polar Bear and Zelda pic. I'd rather something more new, though. Like the Red Shell returning.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know I use it (sorry if you type in the url because you're nosy, no hard feelings just some images annoy me in terms of size/subject and that shouldn't bother you)
I use that to block the side banner this site recently adopted (the one with the characters)

Which reminds me, do you guys still have that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This leak could very well be real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3v8amOGKBs

The RosalinaX leak from last year said inside drifting in Mario Kart 8 was back but altered. It seems like it was correct. The leak itself also said that Smash would have 4 cuts from Brawl and a total of 48 characters.
This fits perfectly with the Gematsu leak. With 4 cuts along with the newcomers announced would equal 41. With the Gematsu leak newcomers added in along with Mewtwo returning, we would have 48 characters.

That's a big coincidence but who knows. Both leaks could be true. This would mean we would know most of the roster.
I would be careful with assuming it's real. Inside drifting with nerfs, which was expected after inside drifting was overpowered in MKWii, hardly compares to Sal Romano predicting Wii Fit Trainer. Nothing RosalinaX has leaked so far would put this leak on near the same pedastal as Sal Romano.

It could be real, but right now, it isn't nearly as strong as the Sal Romano leak, because nothing unlikely/near impossible has been proven correct yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Evening, "homies" wassup?

spamming and flaming is really wicked, anyone know where I can do some "epic trolls" and perhaps flame it up? just curious

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Evening, "homies" wassup?

spamming and flaming is really wicked, anyone know where I can do some "epic trolls" and perhaps flame it up? just curious
Woah woah woah! Pump the breaks, "homie". Spamming and flaming are NOT COOL and will NOT BE TOLERATED on this forum!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Reported to imgur authorities.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was REALLY sucking at Mario golf

So bad, my scores actually went into the negatives. IDK how that works

BUT I found out when you hit into the water, you get +2.

I kept doing that over and over and I got a REALLY high score.

I'm totally exploiting the game

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Excellent post.

In all seriousness, the game is awesome. I can't beat the 18-hole one one one putt challenge. And some of these Moon Coins are killing me. AND some of the costume challenges too...

Been a while since a Mario game has actually made me work hard.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

In golf, the lower your score, the better. Having a negative score is good.

You're supposed to reach the goal with as less shots as possible. You have at least to do the course in the same number of shots as the course's Par, in which you get a score of 0. If you do less shots than Par, you get a negative score, as in X shots BELOW Par. Positive scores mean you did X shots above Par.

If you're playing a golf game, you ought to know the rules of the sport, I suppose...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In golf, the lower your score, the better. Having a negative score is good.

You're supposed to reach the goal with as less shots as possible. You have at least to do the course in the same number of shots as the course's Par, in which you get a score of 0. If you do less shots than Par, you get a negative score, as in X shots BELOW Par. Positive scores mean you did X shots above Par.

If you're playing a golf game, you ought to know the rules of the sport, I suppose...
You're just saying that because you don't have a score of over 100

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wolf is barely a clone, unlike Falco, so I highly doubt he'll get the boot. You might as well remove them both at that point and add Krystal if you're worried about semi-clones. Custom moves make both of them worthless at that point. Falco isn't nearly as notable as Wolf, anyway. Falco was only there to be a clone. Wolf actually was unique from the start with slightly similar moves to Fox, to the point where only two of his specials(Final Smash and Down B) could be pretty much be called identical or clone moves. Every other move was highly different enough in some way. Wolf's blaster is like comparing Charge Shot to Giant Punch. Slightly similar, but ridiculous different in applications.
I don't understand how Falco isn't notable. He's been with the series since the beginning as part of Team Star Fox and had a notable role in Adventures, Assault, and Command. He's basically Fox's best friend. There's also the matter that he's been with Smash six years longer and was seen as significant enough to not only not be cut in Brawl but retooled too. On the topic of semiclones, I honestly don't think custom moves will hurt anyones' chances anyways because we still have Toon Link who shared the most similarities with their counterpart of any semiclone in Brawl.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I like how Wolf's Reflector is the only one in the series to speed up the reflected projectiles.

But then again...I like everything...except people.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got to play Child of Light. The graphics are gorgeous and the game is quite easy (which I don't mind).

It's been a while since I've played a good RPG on a PC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Announcement came at a reall bad time for me.

I haven't played XY yet, and now I'm torn.
If you played the Original Gen 3 games, you might be better off playing X or Y. It's still a pretty solid game in the series, but it's a little too easy for my liking. Though if you are like me, the remakes might be a better choice. Since I never played R/S/E, the remakes would be new to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you played the Original Gen 3 games, you might be better off playing X or Y. It's still a pretty solid game in the series, but it's a little too easy for my liking. Though if you are like me, the remakes might be a better choice. Since I never played R/S/E, the remakes would be new to me.
Well, one could just get the remakes to see what they've changed.
There's always that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, one could just get the remakes to see what they've changed.
There's always that.
I suppose. Though I'm much more hesitant to play a remake of a game I've played before. I'm not too sure why either.

Can you feel the likes!? I know I do.
I still say that the Boondocks is one of Adult Swim's better series, hands down. The Venture Bros is pretty damn good too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I suppose. Though I'm much more hesitant to play a remake of a game I've played before. I'm not too sure why either.
Well, it could be redundancy. I'm like that in a way. It's why I always just pick one of the two Pokemon games.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't understand how Falco isn't notable. He's been with the series since the beginning as part of Team Star Fox and had a notable role in Adventures, Assault, and Command. He's basically Fox's best friend. There's also the matter that he's been with Smash six years longer and was seen as significant enough to not only not be cut in Brawl but retooled too. On the topic of semiclones, I honestly don't think custom moves will hurt anyones' chances anyways because we still have Toon Link who shared the most similarities with their counterpart of any semiclone in Brawl.
He's just another random ally and didn't bring anything of note to the overall series in the end. He has a nice personality(so to speak), but that's it. He didn't give notable advice(Peppy), play a major role in the story(Krystal when she appears), adds gameplay choices via vehicles(Slippy), or is an actual villain/anti-hero(Wolf). He's just there among the "main cast" and that's it. I don't see any true notability among the series whatsoever. He's just pretty much the Toad at this point.

StarFox just had enough appeal to get 3 characters. Falco's only reason for addition was because he was a clone, not having the potential to be highly unique from the start. Wolf was still on there while being unique from the start. He didn't remove any clones that were distinct to a degree anyway(except Roy). Falco is a different person from Fox. Ganondorf, Young Link(updated to Toon Link) were completely different people and had potential for interesting movesets. Dr. Mario was still another version of Mario and a fairly easy choice to cut, while Pichu was not terribly different from Pikachu except hurting itself. Mewtwo was worked on, but had to go against 4 new characters and 2 of the original 12. Not exactly easy to deal with(he also was irrelevant anyway, having zero movies, anime, or game importance anymore. Not that he was important game-wise either. He was just there like the rest of the Gen 1 Legendaries).

There's only one worth cutting if any, and it's still Falco. Wolf also fills out the more needed villain slot as well. It'd be as ridiculous as getting rid of Bowser or Ganondorf at this point. And no, I do not consider being in multiple games alone to matter. Falco wasn't there from the start, he was just a quick clone addition like the rest. His real importance in the StarFox series is "just there for the ride". Even Jigglypuff has the original 12 status. I can't see Sakurai looking towards StarFox or Mother for cuts anyway. Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and 3rd Party are really the only ones that make a bit of sense overall. He's done it before. Mario too, but he already returned all of the Brawl guys, and Dr. Mario has no reason to come back at this point(and custom movesets should allow you to remake his Melee moveset, making a costume fine now. The reason it wasn't a costume was because of the differences between the two, namely the Megavitamins, something regular Mario just can't do, till possibly 4 anyway). One thing to also keep in mind is that Pichu itself starred as basically a protagonist of a movie(as the Pichu Bros.), Ganondorf is another main villain, Roy is a main character, Dr. Mario is a main character(of his own series), and Young Link is also the star of his own set of games, especially according to Sakurai. Falco is not a main protagonist, stars in anything besides a secondary player, or is a main villain. His importance is vastly overstated. Also doesn't have the original 12 status, another kicker. I don't see him staying between him and Wolf at all. He literally has nothing over Wolf at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom