• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Speak for yourself, I've played Animal Crossing for a whole week straight without turning off the game before. XD
Oh I know, but I mean at some point you cap out almost everything you can do so you have to wait for the next day or time travel

speaking of which, time travel produces hilarious results in that series.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's horrible. Tom Nook's voice actor makes me want to stick rusty spoons in my ears. Blathers is also pretty damn cringeworthy.
So what you're saying is, it's not different from how they sound in the games? Good. <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Interesting...

You'll NEVER come across subbed shows here. Pretty much every show is dubbed in English or Hindi.

Anyone watching subs is automatically a weeaboo. :p
It's not just anime. Everything here in foreign languages, unless aimed at younger children and with the exception of some documentaries, is subbed in Portuguese.

The implication is obvious: only shows that are aimed at younger people who still cannot read (because they haven't learned yet) are dubbed.

The age ratings here are M/4, M/6, M/12, M/16 and M/18. Anything that is ranked M/6 (over six years old) is usually subbed. (M/ stands for "maiores de", which means "over", as in "people over a certain age".)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh I know, but I mean at some point you cap out almost everything you can do so you have to wait for the next day or time travel

speaking of which, time travel produces hilarious results in that series.
There is ALWAYS more stuff to do. More bugs to catch, boots to fish, neighbors to have fawn all over you, debts to pay. (NOOOOOOOOK!!!)

It never ends... ¦(

Well, until you turn off the game, anyway. Then it ends rather easily. ¦D

I still wanna get New Leaf at some point.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wouldn't say it's the best thing ever because it's not, but I hear that America's is worse (no offense).

Oh, none taken whatsoever. I don't take offense to what doesn't involve me.

It's a controversial subject, that's for sure. There's a lot of politics involved and there are people, teachers included, who criticize the education system.

From my own experience, I think you actually have to be kind of lucky with what teachers you have and such. I've had good and bad teachers, but mostly good, thankfully. I also have witnessed cases of "mercy" from the teachers in that students who clearly shouldn't have passed managed to barely pass on the last term, because their grades suddenly rose enough to do so. Apparently, it's a huge mess for the teachers to have one of their students not pass, so in order to save work, they give some extra points to have them pass (grades here are graded from 0 to 20, rounded from one decimal point).
Honesty, that reminds me of the whole "No Child Left Behind" stuff... It makes me sick to think that what happens individually in Portugal happens nationally in America.
Some teachers claim it's not exigent enough, while others think it's actually too demanding. There's also the fact that final exams on some grades are organized by the Ministry of Education itself and, arguably, they tend to fluctuate from being easy and hard and when they're easier and more students pass, they claim how the education is working and in the opposite situation, debate immediately sparks over the results. Like I said, it's controversial and has a lot of politics involved.
My my, don't you have quite the mess. Well, American public education is jacked up too, so we're in the same boat, more or less. To make an incredibly long story short, the Teachers in America are punished if a student doesn't do well, even if they've worked hard with said student. Our government wants our teachers to be parents, instead of having the parents taking responsibility.

The education system has its flaws and there are other European countries who are better in this regard.
Such as...? I'm afraid I'm not super familiar with European education.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
There is ALWAYS more stuff to do. More bugs to catch, boots to fish, neighbors to have fawn all over you, debts to pay. (NOOOOOOOOK!!!)

It never ends... ¦(

Well, until you turn off the game, anyway. Then it ends rather easily. ¦D

I still wanna get New Leaf at some point.
Do get New Leaf! I own it and it's fantastic. I just haven't had enough time to play it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want New Leaf pretty badly as well. From what I know it appears to be a nice step up from the previous games, which were all awesome as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My my, don't you have quite the mess. Well, American public education is jacked up too, so we're in the same boat, more or less. To make an incredibly long story short, the Teachers in America are punished if a student doesn't do well, even if they've worked hard with said student. Our government wants our teachers to be parents, instead of having the parents taking responsibility.
I don't think our teachers here are exactly punished, but apparently, it's a lot of paperwork for them on justifying said decision, so it ends up depending on the teacher's patience whether there are "miracles" or not.

Some teachers are completely okay with not passing students because they don't think they deserve. I remember my philosophy teacher, who was an excellent teacher by the way, criticizing many of the government's decisions and not minding giving bad grades if she thought they were deserved.

Like I said, it depends a lot of the teachers themselves. Some are exigent and make you work hard and you learn and others not. One of the most infamously controversial aspects of the education system here is the teacher evaluation process and how it should be done.

What I mean to say here is to not generalize how the education is here. It depends on the schools and the teachers themselves.

Such as...? I'm afraid I'm not super familiar with European education.
It's something keep hearing about, but I can't give any example. lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't think our teachers here are exactly punished, but apparently, it's a lot of paperwork for them on justifying said decision, so it ends up depending on the teacher's patience whether there are "miracles" or not.

Some teachers are completely okay with not passing students because they don't think they deserve. I remember my philosophy teacher, who was an excellent teacher by the way, criticizing many of the government's decisions and not minding giving bad grades if she thought they were deserved.

Like I said, it depends a lot of the teachers themselves. Some are exigent and make you work hard and you learn and others not. One of the most infamously controversial aspects of the education system here is the teacher evaluation process and how it should be done.

What I mean to say here is to not generalize how the education is here. It depends on the schools and the teachers themselves.

It's something keep hearing about, but I can't give any example. lol
Well, I guess that settles it. Humans are probably the stupidest creatures alive. :laugh:

Just joking. Glad too talk to another young person like me that's concerned about their country's education... after all, our kids may have to deal with the same thing. Thinking ahead is the way to go.

So what are you all playing this summer?
Smash Bros... MK8.. Child of Light... Earthbound... Stuff.

Final Fantasy X and Sneak King are my games to beat at the moment.

Sneak King? XD

Isn't that the BK Game? How is it?

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Which version of FFX and how bad is sneak king
FFX International on PS2. With Penance and the Dark Aeons.
And Sneak King is god awful, but it has that Superman 64 like charm. It's best when I play it with friends to mock it to death.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
FFX International on PS2. With Penance and the Dark Aeons.
And Sneak King is god awful, but it has that Superman 64 like charm. It's best when I play it with friends to mock it to death.
oh my how awful

PLEASE TELL STORIES

MAKE A THREAD i want to hear more

FFX International I only hear good things about. I want to go back and 100% FFX HD when I get it.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
oh my how awful

PLEASE TELL STORIES

MAKE A THREAD i want to hear more
  • Glitches out the wazoo
  • Worst Missions Ever
  • Creepy as hell player character
  • Sounds are so bare bones, one track
  • Repetition everywhere (Every mission is the same but randomized)
  • 4 Levels
  • Game Crashing and Corrupting parts of my MU
  • Title Screen scarier than Amnesia
  • This GIF
To just name a few issues.

FFX International is amazing, I highly recommend picking up HD version. Expert Sphere Grid is great.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh my god, oh my god.

I know you guys all know it already, but I just got home from school.

I'm so happy! I consider Pokemon Emerald to be my first Pokemon game. <3

It also seems like they are adding new megas! Maybe I can finally have my Mega Roserade and Froslass! <3
Also, I want to kiss all of you who said Mega Wailord. :3

So many more things they can do with this. Finally, hoenn with gen 6 gameplay. It needed this. I'll make sure to get AlphaSapphire along with a Mudkip. My first starter. <3 Mega Swarpert also?

I'm so excited! <3

The only thing that would disappoint me is if they restrict evolutions like they did in the previous remakes. I want my Roserade and Froslass. :(

schavira

Smash Journeyman
everyone, the Smash Bros. lineup just leaked - HUGE SPOILER: it is an Xbox One exclusive now

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I guess that settles it. Humans are probably the stupidest creatures alive. :laugh:
Lol.

Just joking. Glad too talk to another young person like me that's concerned about their country's education... after all, our kids may have to deal with the same thing. Thinking ahead is the way to go.
The economical crisis doesn't help at all. In fact, Portugal has a problem in that the population is getting older and the number of births is reducing. It doesn't help that younger people tend to have difficulties in finding jobs here and sometimes have to leave the country, worsening the situation.

And you know what? I'm not completely sure if I will be able to stay here or if I have to emigrate as well, but for now, I'll just keep focusing on finishing my course.

You did say you lived in Japan for a while, didn't you? Do you understand Japanese? Just curious. (I'm actually learning Japanese. lol)

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
everyone, the Smash Bros. lineup just leaked - HUGE SPOILER: it is an Xbox One exclusive now

Hey, it has Mountain Dew and Steel Battalion Controller.
I'd main that. :smirk:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Lol.

The economical crisis doesn't help at all. In fact, Portugal has a problem in that the population is getting older and the number of births is reducing. It doesn't help that younger people tend to have difficulties in finding jobs here and sometimes have to leave the country, worsening the situation.

And you know what? I'm not completely sure if I will be able to stay here or if I have to emigrate as well, but for now, I'll just keep focusing on finishing my course.
Hmm.. Yeah, a lot of places have degraded... and will continue to do so. But New Zealand. Look into it. It's pretty, and it's gov. isn't bad from what I hear. Although getting away from the economy is easier said than done...

You did say you lived in Japan for a while, didn't you? Do you understand Japanese? Just curious. (I'm actually learning Japanese. lol)
Hon'no sukoshi.

I know enough to get around decently, but I haven't been back in so long, even that's degrading. I still remember the most important word... gomenasai. Rough Translation: I'M SOOOOO SORRY!

Watching Anime helps keep by Japanese vocab. up too.

Its... an interesting place. Of course, It has it's ups and downs, but overall, I enjoyed living there.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
All this Pokemon Omege Ruby version news only makes me think one thing. "please Sceptile... be playable in smash"

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

This.

With real trumpets.

Make it happen, Game Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.