• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
  • Glitches out the wazoo
  • Worst Missions Ever
  • Creepy as hell player character
  • Sounds are so bare bones, one track
  • Repetition everywhere (Every mission is the same but randomized)
  • 4 Levels
  • Game Crashing and Corrupting parts of my MU
  • Title Screen scarier than Amnesia
  • This GIF
To just name a few issues.

FFX International is amazing, I highly recommend picking up HD version. Expert Sphere Grid is great.
Expert Sphere Grid?

And oh dear sweet jesus. One track? How... HOW. Did you already beat it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Well, my own flesh and blood had to steal from me and kill off my beloved credit card. This rather infamous Ren reaction sums up what I really want to do with that ******** *****.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Much better designed grid than classic.

Not yet...
It's a process of grueling struggle to beat it.
I'm like 50% through.

The game was rushed so bad it makes ET look like gold
I'm playing X too. I'm currently on the Thunder Plains. I'm afraid I'll render Lulu useless, I kinda screwed up sending her through another path to get an ability and some other stats before going her way, now my Yuna knows the -ra spells before her. I've read Yuna is the better magic user though, but I don't like leaving characters undeveloped.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmm.. Yeah, a lot of places have degraded... and will continue to do so. But New Zealand. Look into it. It's pretty, and it's gov. isn't bad from what I hear. Although getting away from the economy is easier said than done...
Well, in case I really have to leave this country, it will probably be to another European country. Maybe the UK because I know English well. (New Zealand is too far away for me... It's literally on the other side of the planet!)

Hopefully, it won't be necessary for me to leave this country. I like being here and I wish to stay here.

Hon'no sukoshi.

I know enough to get around decently, but I haven't been back in so long, even that's degrading. I still remember the most important word... gomenasai. Rough Translation: I'M SOOOOO SORRY!

Watching Anime helps keep by Japanese vocab. up too.
Well, if you haven't been in contact with the language, it's pretty natural for you to forget. That's the human brain for ya. :p

When I had French classes, I was quite good at it, but nowadays I have much more difficulty with it since I've forgotten most of its vocabulary and such. Same can't be said for English, which I've learned since I was younger and always kept contact with the language, mostly though the Internet and video games.

I still have a few difficulties with hearing it and my pronunciation might be a little accented, but I can't really say I'm not comfortable with it. Occasionally when watching series or movies in English with Portuguese subs, I try to ignore the subtitles and listen to the dialogue. What's funny is that I sometimes spot translation mistakes on the subs!

Its... an interesting place. Of course, It has it's ups and downs, but overall, I enjoyed living there.
Well, every place has its up and downs. That goes without saying.

Of course, there are places with more ups than downs and vice versa. :p

(Wow, this is quite the lengthy conversation. lol)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm playing X too. I'm currently on the Thunder Plains. I'm afraid I'll render Lulu useless, I kinda screwed up sending her through another path to get an ability and some other stats before going her way, now my Yuna knows the -ra spells before her. I've read Yuna is the better magic user though, but I don't like leaving characters undeveloped.
Yuna's a lot better as the Red Mage, and in general, being versatile.
I honestly think that Lulu is best if you give her Haste from Tidus and focus exclusively on Black Magic. She has very little health unless you go out of your way to give her a ton of health.
If you need a Red Mage, then Yuna is the way to go.
If you need a Black Mage with more annoying spells and easy access to Demi, Lulu is your choice.

I'd just keep her in the party for grinding and have her just do whatever while swapping out other members, for balance.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yuna's a lot better as the Red Mage, and in general, being versatile.
I honestly think that Lulu is best if you give her Haste from Tidus and focus exclusively on Black Magic. She has very little health unless you go out of your way to give her a ton of health.
If you need a Red Mage, then Yuna is the way to go.
If you need a Black Mage with more annoying spells and easy access to Demi, Lulu is your choice.

I'd just keep her in the party for grinding and have her just do whatever while swapping out other members, for balance.
Hmm, I think I'm too far away to go get Haste. I'll have to grind exclusively for it and it's no fun to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This topic needs more Hoenn. Anyway I am psyched for these sequels and remakes. They seem to be both. I hope it means we get groveyle in smash. I hope to see an official trailer soon.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just hope there's some elements of Emerald here (Battle Frontier, the extended Safari Zone, etc.).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I. Just checked pokememes and apparently 5 years ago today they announced heart gold and soul silver. Mind blown.,

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The remakes usually include that stuff; don't they? I mean, to justify the remake, there has to be more content than the original game. I suppose the new engine would be enough for most though.
I guess.
Then again, did Heart Gold and Soul Silver include stuff from Crystal?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't need to worry about that rebellious punk anymore, he's going to run away from home because of everything that happened a few minutes ago after the incident. I'd least care what happens to him in the long run and 2 siblings is good enough. After all, he's the most rebellious one in the house who's know for his treachery and snarking for years.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Forgive me for being off-topic again, but here are some of my wishes for Pokemon OR/AS. I've had these hopes for a R/S/E remake in general since 2011.

-A 5th dark-type Regi who is super hidden. Maybe with a name like Regibane and based off Kronos of Greek mythology.

-Pokegear upgrades that have a weather map and temperature map.

-The Sevii Islands visited.

-All the stuff from Emerald.

-The drought appearing after Groudon is released from Mt. Chimney, complete with music. After Maxie is defeated in the Mossdeep space center, Steven fears Archie releasing Kyogre.

-Magma admin Courtney from Ruby showing up. (she was absent in Emerald, oddly.)

-Both Steven and Wallace being fought in the Pokemon League, but at different times.
First time will be Steven, and some later battles will be with Wallace, and the champion's room will be redesigned for Wallace.

-Being able to fight and rematch May postgame, and with her starter Pokemon at its final evolution.

-Same as above with Wally.

-Having a tag team match with May or Wally.

-New routes and towns in Hoenn.

-A new postgame story, possibly with a new antagonist and teaming up with the reformed Maxie and Archie to fight him/her.

Being able to use weather moves in the overworld, like rain dance and sunny day.

-The return of seasonal changes, including stuff like:
-Certain rivers flooding in spring like the one on route 119.
-Snow on route 113 and Mt. Pyre in winter. (due to the ash and mist clouds)
-Certain routes, like route 109, having heavy sun in summer, creating a sunny day effect.

-Being able to move on the Z axis when diving underwater, meaning that you can actually dive up or down now.

-The return of walking Pokemon from HG/SS, with the added option to send out any Pokemon in your party at will, not just the lead Pokemon. And the option to not walk with Pokemon entirely.

---

By the way, I'm no "Hoenn baby".

I've liked Pokemon since the 90s and my first games were the Gold and Blue versions. (didn't get a GameBoy Color until 2000)

----
no ****ty skates,
...But you could escape from the grid tile system! That was cool. I hope you can do that while walking in this game and not just with the bike and/or skates.
please don't destroy Brendan/May :[
Oh dear. I hope we don't get another Lyra.

I guess.
Not everything. =(
They didn't put in the rooftop area of the Goldenrod Department store.

And they didn't have the Battle Tower design from Crystal, either. But they at least bothered to change the Battle Frontier music.

----

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Remakes are enough for me but what will really make me happy is if they improve on X/Y. 3D in more places, not laggy 3D, better menus (HG/SS was great), walking Pokemon, no ****ty skates, please don't destroy Brendan/May :[

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Remakes are enough for me but what will really make me happy is if they improve on X/Y. 3D in more places, not laggy 3D, better menus (HG/SS was great)
HGSS had the best menus. Because all you actually needed to play was a stylus and a control stick/pad. Digital A button was pure genius, seriously.

Hmm, I think I'm too far away to go get Haste. I'll have to grind exclusively for it and it's no fun to me.
By the Thunder Plains, you should have been able to pick up at least one Ally Sphere, which can allow for other abilities to be learned as long as one ally knows it.
That should help.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Remakes are enough for me but what will really make me happy is if they improve on X/Y. 3D in more places, not laggy 3D, better menus (HG/SS was great), walking Pokemon, no ****ty skates, please don't destroy Brendan/May :[
If they return the roller skates, they need 100% more Dan Hartman

Cannot see roller skating anymore without that song and scene popping in my head... oh the 90s.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they return the roller skates, they need 100% more Dan Hartman

Cannot see roller skating anymore without that song and scene popping in my head... oh the 90s.
At powerrangers.com, they just confirmed we're getting a new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie. :grin:

...That's all is known. Saban Brands and Lionsgate are working on it together. Yep.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
At powerrangers.com, they just confirmed we're getting a new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie. :grin:

...That's all is known. Saban Brands and Lionsgate are working on it together. Yep.
Is it gonna be like Saban Sailor Moon?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

You know, I came THIS CLOSE to mentioning that in the comment. I'm curious to see what they'll come up with. I religiously watched Power Rangers before I was Kindergarten... had all the toys and everything. Even that weird cassette tape/card game where you pop in the cassette tape and Zordon explains the rules and you draw the cards and stuff... but let us never remember the most important rule, spoken amazingly in Zordon's voice:

"If you draw a Rita Repulsa card, quickly pass it to the next player. Keep passing it until the clip is over. That player loses his or her turn... too bad."

the "too bad" part being the best when spoken in Zordon's voice.

And of course Zordon telling the players to shuffle the cards.

"Shuffle the cards. Mix them up. Real good"

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Oh power rangers...I remember when I wanted to be one when I was younger. Good times, good times.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is it gonna be like Saban Sailor Moon?

Nah. Not even the Turbo movie was that horrid.

You know, I came THIS CLOSE to mentioning that in the comment. I'm curious to see what they'll come up with. I religiously watched Power Rangers before I was Kindergarten... had all the toys and everything. Even that weird cassette tape/card game where you pop in the cassette tape and Zordon explains the rules and you draw the cards and stuff... but let us never remember the most important rule, spoken amazingly in Zordon's voice:

"If you draw a Rita Repulsa card, quickly pass it to the next player. Keep passing it until the clip is over. That player loses his or her turn... too bad."

the "too bad" part being the best when spoken in Zordon's voice.

And of course Zordon telling the players to shuffle the cards.

"Shuffle the cards. Mix them up. Real good"
I have some of those cards, I think.

That said, this should be really funny. I loved the original. Maybe they'll use better suits. I wonder how similar they can make the original actors look to Season 2/3. I also wonder who they'll get.

Albeit, I still think they'll do Dino Charge's movie crossover with Dino Thunder and MMPR as well, but...

zwalk2

Smash Rookie
I guess.
They had the Suicune storyline from Crystal put into the remakes, plus some more stuff like the Battle Tower or whatever it was called.
Typically the remakes have included something from all three original versions.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
please don't destroy Brendan/May :[
I don't think that will happen. The designs used GBA-era seemed to stick, especially with red. I think they needed to try and reinvent the old designs cause it didn't fit the style of the current gen games.

as I was saying, the GBA games, specifically R/S/E were the origins of the current pokemon style. at least, for the humans.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
While they certainly should be improved upon, I personally don't think they should leave. I have a lot of fun using them and made traveling a breeze. Of course, they did make a slightly annoying sound. :/

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While they certainly should be improved upon, I personally don't think they should leave. I have a lot of fun using them and made traveling a breeze. Of course, they did make a slightly annoying sound. :/
I dunno.
I found them a little redundant with the bike. IMO they should've just had one or the other.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I dunno.
I found them a little redundant with the bike. IMO they should've just had one or the other.
I personally preferred the skates. It also had special paths the bike didn't. It was very easy to turn and such too. I use them almost all the time as well~
Yeah, I'm going with the skates. As much as I like the bike themes, I just like skating.

*High fives HyperFalcon*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I personally preferred the skates. It also had special paths the bike didn't. It was very easy to turn and such too. I use them almost all the time as well~
Eh, it could be because I more used to the bike.
But I felt the skates were more of a neat concept. There was something going for them, but the bike was not only faster, but easier to control.
Heck, even with all the tricks (including the secret one), they didn't feel like much.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Was looking around the internet, came across this.

[collapse=A very good point, can't wait for it myself]
[/collapse]

mimgrim

Smash Hero
In honor of the Hoenn returning;

*warning you now, very strong language will be found in the following spoiler*

I am safe from the mods by putting it in a spoiler right? Or would it have been better to just provide a link to the pic instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom