• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Changed the quote in my sig, for your educational pleasure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New VG Cats and it's Smash 4 related:

Yeah, I saw yesterday I think. Pretty funny.

With how spectacularly vague today's Pokemon trailer was, there's probably going to be a huge blowout at E3. Several new megaevolutions are pretty much a given and my predictions for the ones shown are Sceptile, Swampert, Metagross/Flygon/Salamence, and Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza. As for third gen pokemon, I already got my long standing wish of a Mega Banette and Mega Absol so the next one I want to see is Hariyama or Cacturne.

I can see some of that happening. Though, I don't know if they'd show off Mega Rayquaza until the games got released. Either way, I hope they can also expand on some of X and Y's new gameplay elements, namely with character customization.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sooo........

All of a sudden Sceptile is seemingly more popular (than Grovyle) for smash despite Grovyle having a huge roll in the biggest pokemon side series? (unless I'm forgetting something, PMD should be the biggest side series)
Implying that anyone (read as "that many people") even plays those games in the first place. ¦D

I think most of us would just prefer a fully evolved Pokemon rather than one stuck in the middle. I'm definitely the same even though I like Grovyle's design more.

Prepare your flames and axes.

I NEVER played a Pokemon game.

Should be this one the first game i should play from the main series?
You can start wherever you want. It's Pokemon.

You've played one, you've played them all.

And this is part of the main series, so start here if you like.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Well, you're Portuguese, and I'm American with a lot of time spent in Japan.. but I agree with you. I'll go with both, for instance: I watched a majority of SAO Dubbed, but all of Pokemon Origins Subbed.

Isn't It crazy how that works though? Two different people, thousands of miles, different childhoods, and a simular opinion. Robert Frost was right....
Yeah, it's interesting...

I remember when I used to watch cartoons on TV as a child, they usually had a mix of dubbed and subbed shows, so I got used to both. (Sometimes I watched anime dubbed in English or Spanish with Portuguese subs, making it dubbed subbed anime. lol)

Continuing my post on the previous page, when you're going to watch a movie targeted at children, you're actually given the option to choose which version you want to watch. Either the original with Portuguese subs or Portuguese dubbed.

Children actually get exposed to subbed stuff rather early, which is especially good when learning how to read. You have to be a fast reader to keep up with the subs, which is very frustrating at first, but quite satisfying when you start getting used to them. The overall mentality here is definitely subs over dubs.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Nah, it fine.

You're better off than I am. I could cause an uproar with stuff I haven't seen, let alone stuff I'm not that big into.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

If you have a 3DS, you could wait and get OR/AS. But if you are eager to try any game in the series at all, get X/Y. It's a pretty solid entry for the series.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nah, it fine.

You're better off than I am, I could cause an uproar with stuff I haven't seen, let alone stuff I'm not that big into.
I know that feel. I love seeing people explode when they hear me talk so much about stuff in the Zelda games if they bring up the topic, but then learn that I've never played a single Zelda game in my life and haven't been interested until Hyrule Warriors. XD

I love making them rage. ¦D

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I remember when I used to watch cartoons on TV as a child, they usually had a mix of dubbed and subbed shows, so I got used to both. (Sometimes I watched anime dubbed in English or Spanish with Portuguese subs, making it dubbed subbed anime. lol)

Continuing my post on the previous page, when you're going to watch a movie targeted at children, you're actually given the option to choose which version you want to watch. Either the original with Portuguese subs or Portuguese dubbed.

Children actually get exposed to subbed stuff rather early, which is especially good when learning how to read. You have to be a fast reader to keep up with the subs, which is very frustrating at first, but quite satisfying when you start getting used to them. The overall mentality here is definitely subs over dubs.
I think I like that.

Portuguese: Training their Children to be smarter than American Brats. :laugh:

Seriously, how's the education over there?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Implying that anyone (read as "that many people") even plays those games in the first place. ¦D

I think most of us would just prefer a fully evolved Pokemon rather than one stuck in the middle. I'm definitely the same even though I like Grovyle's design more.
It just saddens me cause I kinda would rather have Grovyle. Just because of that game. I think it annoys me cause sceptile is SO CLOSE to grovyle... but it's not (and in my opinion not as nice looking) so it makes be a little upset.

However, in all honestly I just kinda want some sort of reference to those games. Music would be nice.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know that feel. I love seeing people explode when they hear me talk so much about stuff in the Zelda games if they bring up the topic, but then learn that I've never played a single Zelda game in my life and haven't been interested until Hyrule Warriors. XD

I love making them rage. ¦D
Oh trust me, one of these days I'm just gonna make a list of stuff I haven't played/don't like.
Though, only when I'm supposed to be somewhere, consider it "hiding from the fireworks".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Continuing my post above, when you're going to watch a movie targeted at children, you're actually given the option to choose which version you want to watch. Either the original with Portuguese subs or Portuguese dubbed.

Interesting...

You'll NEVER come across subbed shows here. Pretty much every show is dubbed in English or Hindi.

Anyone watching subs is automatically a weeaboo. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also: for all you Anime fans... Subbed or Dubbed? After watching a little of both for SAO, I like Subbed more.

I don't watch much of the stuff these days. But I prefer watching things in English, since it's my native tongue. That, and some of the Japanese voices can get a bit irritating to hear at times.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Shartimus: Gen 6 is one of the easiest to get into. It's pretty good right now, with tons of options, easy online, and a pretty reasonable story. Nothing too ridiculously hard, or too easy. It's just right.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also: for all you Anime fans... Subbed or Dubbed? After watching a little of both for SAO, I like Subbed more.
Doesn't matter at all to me, I'll watch either as long as I enjoy the show.

You can play any of them and get into it pretty easily, so it depends if you just want to wait for the remakes or just pick XY (or any of the older ones if you desire) up and try it immediately.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...You know, I often wonder if the people who try to seriously use that "term" to insult others ever realize how absolutely ridiculous and downright stupid they sound when they actually say it out loud. XD

I swear, the internet always comes up with the dumbest terms. ¦D

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...You know, I often wonder if the people who try to seriously use that "term" to insult others ever realize how absolutely ridiculous and downright stupid they sound when they actually say it out loud. XD

I swear, the internet always comes up with the dumbest terms. ¦D
One thing's for sure.
Them fightin' words he's usin' right there...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interesting...

You'll NEVER come across subbed shows here. Pretty much every show is dubbed in English or Hindi.

Anyone watching subs is automatically a weeaboo. :p
:laugh: I forgot you were from India!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I prefer dubbed since I like to hear what the characters are saying rather than read it while listening to a language that I don't understand. (to be honest, I'm not good with any language other than English anyway.)

My only problem with dubs is that they don't always sound good. Still hoping to find a good full dub of the Animal Crossing Movie at some point.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I prefer dubbed since I like to hear what the characters are saying rather than read it while listening to a language that I don't understand. (to be honest, I'm not good with any language other than English anyway.)

My only problem with dubs is that they don't always sound good. Still hoping to find a good full dub of the Animal Crossing Movie at some point.
You mean you've never watched that really good fandub of the Animal Crossing movie? I was skeptical about ti at first, but an old friend of mine had me watch it with her and I thought it was pretty damn good. Definitely got the characters down right, even with their little sounds at the end of their sentences.

It's the reason I started playing Animal Crossing. One of the many things I wish I could thank her for now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But what about shows that were never dubbed to begin with?
Those aren't broadcast. Unfortunate, I know.

People aren't too big on anime, so no one takes the risk.

Only Fujiko Fujio's animes (Ninja Hattori-kun and Doraemon), Pokémon and Digimon are really popular.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think I like that.

Portuguese: Training their Children to be smarter than American Brats. :laugh:

Seriously, how's the education over there?
I wouldn't say it's the best thing ever because it's not, but I hear that America's is worse (no offense).

It's a controversial subject, that's for sure. There's a lot of politics involved and there are people, teachers included, who criticize the education system.

From my own experience, I think you actually have to be kind of lucky with what teachers you have and such. I've had good and bad teachers, but mostly good, thankfully. I also have witnessed cases of "mercy" from the teachers in that students who clearly shouldn't have passed managed to barely pass on the last term, because their grades suddenly rose enough to do so. Apparently, it's a huge mess for the teachers to have one of their students not pass, so in order to save work, they give some extra points to have them pass (grades here are graded from 0 to 20, rounded from one decimal point).

Some teachers claim it's not exigent enough, while others think it's actually too demanding. There's also the fact that final exams on some grades are organized by the Ministry of Education itself and, arguably, they tend to fluctuate from being easy and hard and when they're easier and more students pass, they claim how the education is working and in the opposite situation, debate immediately sparks over the results. Like I said, it's controversial and has a lot of politics involved.

The education system has its flaws and there are other European countries who are better in this regard.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You mean you've never watched that really good fandub of the Animal Crossing movie? I was skeptical about ti at first, but an old friend of mine had me watch it with her and I thought it was pretty damn good. Definitely got the characters down right, even with their little sounds at the end of their sentences.

It's the reason I started playing Animal Crossing. One of the many things I wish I could thank her for now.
Wait, WHAT?

The AC movie has a fan dub? I'll have to search it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Tbh, I've seen a few scenes from the movie but have never watched the full thing, dubbed or not. I've tried searching for dubs now and then, but whenever I think to do so I usually just don't have the time on me to sit down and watch it. I'll have to remember to watch it this Saturday, if I manage to find the dub you brought up or any decent one at least.

Hey guys

Oh man animal crossing... good times. Phantom's signature is giving me nostalgia.
Glad you like it!

Whitney being in the movie is actually what mostly made me interested in the movie in the first place. She lives next to me in City Folk and has become one of the villagers I'm closest to, I took a liking to her personality as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I tried Animal Crossing.
I felt it was too slow-paced for my tastes.
I wouldn't say it's the best thing ever because it's not, but I hear that America's is worse (no offense).
Depends on the location.
Some schools are great, others are just awful.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Glad you like it!

Whitney being in the movie is actually what mostly made me interested in the movie in the first place. She lives next to me in City Folk and has become one of the villagers I'm closest to, I took a liking to her personality as well.
I really liked the movie! I want to watch it again, but I'd need to focus to watch it. Maybe this summer!

Eh, I tried Animal Crossing.
I felt it was too slow-paced for my tastes.
its the type of game you play once a day and not for very long

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For me, whenever I play Animal Crossing, I tend to play it either for a few minutes or for hours on end, and I'm usually hooked on it for about a week or longer. After that, there comes a day that I take a break from it and suddenly, I find myself stoping playing for a while and forgetting about it. Then after a while, I play it again and the process repeats itself.

I've been like that with a few games, but Animal Crossing is the first game that comes to my mind.

EDIT:

Nevermind those other edits, I can't even watch it for blasted copyright.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
One can only fathom the truckloads upon truckloads of trumpets needed to complete Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom