• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Gen 3 game I played was Emerald. Which one do I pick now? :p

A Donphan mega evolution would be much appreciated.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I, personally, think the next remake is going to be a gen 1 remake again.

After all, the last one was on the GBA
I hope not, we've seen the region 4 times already across the six generations, promotion in Origins, and XY had so many references to those games as well. At this point I'm burnt out on Kanto.

SO!
With the confirmation of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire which version will you get?
Also name ONE Pokémon that you would want to see a new mega evolution!
MegaSalamence, MegaMetagross, MegaSharpedo, MegaWailord and MegaMilotic please!

Morbi

Scavenger
The Gen 3 game I played was Emerald. Which one do I pick now? :p

A Donphan mega evolution would be much appreciated.
I went with Ruby and regretted the decision for years; my sister got Sapphire. I was jealous. That being said, I am going to get Omega Ruby, it is "my" game. My sister and I assigned titles. She was Blue, I was Red, she was Silver, I was Gold, she was Platinum, I was Diamond, she was White, I was Black, she was X, I was Y.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Good anime but definitely not one of the best. Let's face it, Kirito is kind of a Marty Stu... and the series is kinda overrated.

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not that good as some people claim it to be.

Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are much better than SAO will ever be.
I agree. BTW, Death Note is next for me after AoT.

Wow
So dark
So Psychic.
WOW

Also: for all you Anime fans... Subbed or Dubbed? After watching a little of both for SAO, I like Subbed more.

I went with Ruby and regretted the decision for years; my sister got Sapphire. I was jealous. That being said, I am going to get Omega Ruby, it is "my" game. My sister and I assigned titles. She was Blue, I was Red, she was Silver, I was Gold, she was Platinum, I was Diamond, she was White, I was Black, she was X, I was Y.
By brother and I are the same way! :laugh:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's not that Jigglypuff is useless.
The issue is she was nerfed heavily in Brawl. If they buff her back, she could become top tier again.
Do tiers necessarily matter anymore? There will always be a some top or bottom tier fighters no matter how merged or buffed they are. That's how it always have been in most fighters. Like for example, who of all revealed characters will be the bottom tier? We will never know until we test these characters out next month.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, there is a reason Wigglytuff is in NU

Never Used
Don't worry, I know some Smogon.
But once again, that doesn't make it awful per say. And mind you, Smogon uses a different tier list than us.
Pokemon are categorized in "groups". It's less "Which Pokemon are better than others?". It's more "Where does this Pokemon fit best?".

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Also: for all you Anime fans... Subbed or Dubbed? After watching a little of both for SAO, I like Subbed more.
I'm not a huge Anime fan, so I guess I prefer dubbed. I don't really like reading subtitles. But I'll say that I've heard some pretty bad voice acting!

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't worry, I know some Smogon.
But once again, that doesn't make it awful per say. And mind you, Smogon uses a different tier list than us.
Pokemon are categorized in "groups". It's less "Which Pokemon are better than others?". It's more "Where does this Pokemon fit best?".
Just so you know; I am not trying to be pretentious, but it is "per se."

Do tiers necessarily matter anymore? There will always be a some top or bottom tier fighters no matter how merged or buffed they are. That's how it always have been in most fighters. Like for example, who of all revealed characters will be the bottom tier? We will never know until we test these characters out next month.
Tiers don't really even matter outside of a competitive meta-game, with no items on, and on neutral stages. I mean, Ganondorf, bottom? Rea rea really, bro, really?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This could be stirring the hornet's nest, you know. :p

Anyways, I prefer dubbed. I make do with subs if the show isn't dubbed though.

And before I forget, Mega Flygon please.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm not a huge Anime fan, so I guess I prefer dubbed. I don't really like reading subtitles. But I'll say that I've heard some pretty bad voice acting!
Funny thing is: Sometimes I like the Subbed... but because I lived in Japan, I'm more in-tune with Japanese culture, and it annoys me to no end...

So you'll be buying it with me then?

View attachment 13692
I already have it on my Gameboy, but I may pick it up in the future. I'm saving for MK8 and Child of Light you know.

This could be stirring the hornet's nest, you know. :p

Anyways, I prefer dubbed. I make do with subs if the show isn't dubbed though.

And before I forget, Mega Flygon please.
Bring it on!

I mean...

Come at me!

I'm not helping, am I? That's what I get for being an INTJ.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I love some bad acting.
There's just some charm to a voice you know isn't even trying.

Just so you know; I am not trying to be pretentious, but it is "per se."
Well, the more you know...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Still, I love some bad acting.
There's just some charm to a voice you know isn't even trying.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post clips because of intense language, but there's an old anime you'll wanna check out called Cyber City OEDO 808... the dub of that is SO funny because the voice isn't trying and they just litter the script with swear words trying to sound hardcore.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh boy, here we go. If this explodes into chaos, I blame you. ¦(

That said, subs. No question. 7 times out of 10 it tends to be better since majority of the dialog isn't lost in localization. That said, 3 times out of 10, you have some anime series that are actually much better in a different language, whether it's English, Spanish, German or even French. Certain stories, settings and scripts just first a different language sometimes.

I'll always take a gander at the dub of something for curiosity's sake, though. But if I'm going to watch a Japanese Anime, I'd prefer to watch it in Japanese. I also watch Chinese movies in Chinese and German movies in German and etcetera.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't really care. lol

That said, I've watched both subbed and English dubbed anime. The ones I've watched subbed are Death Note, Pokémon Origins and Attack on Titan. The ones I've watched English dubbed are Pokémon Origins, Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, SAO, Blue Exorcist and Fairy Tail. I've also watched some episodes of Soul Eater and Fairy Tail subbed.

Watching English anime actually helps me improve hearing English, something I still have some difficulties. Allows me to pay more attention to what the characters are saying. On the other hand, I won't deny I've learned some Japanese words from anime.

For me, both have their advantages and before I watch a new anime, I decide if I want to watch it subbed or dubbed (often depending on the voice cast or the setting of the anime's story) and stick with the same version till the end.

If I watch an anime based on a manga after reading it in English, I always go with an English dub, because I picture the characters speaking English and can't imagine otherwise. lol

All this said, sub vs. dub debates are stupid. Just like the Melee vs. Brawl debates around here. ;) It's all a matter of personal preference.

(The only time I don't like dubs is for live action series/movies because it looks completely off. This kind of feeling doesn't happen with animation, hence why I only care about this whole sub/dub business for filmed stuff.)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh boy, here we go. If this explodes into chaos, I blame you. ¦(

That said, subs. No question. 7 times out of 10 it tends to be better since majority of the dialog isn't lost in localization. That said, 3 times out of 10, you have some anime series that are actually much better in a different language, whether it's English, Spanish, German or even French. Certain stories, settings and scripts just first a different language sometimes.

I'll always take a gander at the dub of something for curiosity's sake, though. But if I'm going to watch a Japanese Anime, I'd prefer to watch it in Japanese. I also watch Chinese movies in Chinese and German movies in German and etcetera.
I understand where you're coming from. I enjoyed Miyazaki's dubbed Laputa, but I found the subbed version just a tad bit better.

I had something else here, but I decided not to go there.

Anyway, SAO. 6/10. Decent.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'd like to add that I will GLADLY sit with a group of friends and watch a hilariously bad dub of an anime to kill time for tons of laughs. It is SO much fun. XD

Also, I like how no one is arguing about different tastes here. I'm surprised that this is actually relatively civilized. :3

Good work, team. ¦(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd like to add that I will GLADLY sit with a group of friends and watch a hilariously bad dub of an anime to kill time for tons of laughs. It is SO much fun. XD

Also, I like how no one is arguing about different tastes here. I'm surprised that this is actually relatively civilized. :3

Good work, team. ¦(
You just caught us on a good day.
We have our moments...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Well, you're Portuguese, and I'm American with a lot of time spent in Japan.. but I agree with you. I'll go with both, for instance: I watched a majority of SAO Dubbed, but all of Pokemon Origins Subbed.

Isn't It crazy how that works though? Two different people, thousands of miles, different childhoods, and a simular opinion. Robert Frost was right....

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Funny line (can't find a good video clip so I'll have to type it) from Tekken The Motion Picture (The Tekken anime thing):

"Why are you so upset? Is it because your father threw you off that cliff?"

Read that in incredibly hammy voice acting and you've got pure glory.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sooo........

All of a sudden Sceptile is seemingly more popular (than Grovyle) for smash despite Grovyle having a huge roll in the biggest pokemon side series? (unless I'm forgetting something, PMD should be the biggest side series)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still on the sub/dub thing, here in Portugal, only movies and series aimed at children, be them animated or not, are dubbed in Portuguese. The rest is all shown with subs in Portuguese. At theaters, you have the choice of watching dubbed or subbed.

This means European Portuguese dubs are rare. But when something is dubbed, let me tell you the dubs have good quality and can be quite enjoyable.

The only other occasion where dubs happen here is with documentaries. Usually, only the narration is dubbed and the interviews are left intact, but there have been a few exceptions where interviews are dubbed.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Still on the sub/dub thing, here in Portugal, only movies and series aimed at children, be them animated or not, are dubbed in Portuguese. The rest is all shown with subs in Portuguese.

This means European Portuguese dubs are rare. But when something is dubbed, let me tell you the dubs have good quality and can be quite enjoyable.

The only other occasion where dubs happen here is with documentaries. Usually, only the narration is dubbed and the interviews are left intact, but there have been a few exceptions where interviews are dubbed.
Hm. That's interesting.. I didn't know that!

#LiveandLearn :p

Fun fact about Japan: Grape Ice Cream is served. And It's 20 billion times better than American Ice Cream.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With how spectacularly vague today's Pokemon trailer was, there's probably going to be a huge blowout at E3. Several new megaevolutions are pretty much a given and my predictions for the ones shown are Sceptile, Swampert, Metagross/Flygon/Salamence, and Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza. As for third gen pokemon, I already got my long standing wish of a Mega Banette and Mega Absol so the next one I want to see is Hariyama or Cacturne.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You guys should have seen the look of their faces when I've trolled them in the Dating Advice thread. I've trolled Envy, Falconv1.0, and Teran at once for the past few days. Hell, I'v even introduced then to Taro Yamada's cancerous anime in opening format. I guess this is what happens when you pay TOO much attention to users like Xenoblaze and GoldenYuu throughout the years. :troll:
Lol TROLLING :troll::troll::trololololololl:

Last edited:

Shartimus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shartimus
Prepare your flames and axes.

I NEVER played a Pokemon game.

Should be this one the first game i should play from the main series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom