• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm happy about Pokken Fighters chances of actually being real.
I'm obviously going to main Infernape, Ambipom and Darminatan for obvious reasons.

I might main Bagon just because it kinda looks like Yoshi.
Oh yeah, a Pokemon fighting game is a game people wanted for a long time. Here's hoping that we are indeed getting one.

I'd personally love to see Zoroark and Scrafty. A good thing about a game like this is that you can utilize various Pokemon moves/characteristics in creative ways that we wouldn't usually see in the mainline games. For example, let's say Electivire's playable. Let him have some moves where he uses his wire tails to grab, trap, and electrocute opponents (like it's said in the Pokedex entries). Innovative things like these are usually seen in the anime, but it would be nice seeing such things in a fighting game.

I think having a playable Samurott would be cool to see, actually. Especially if Samurott fights standing upright:

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh yeah, a Pokemon fighting game is a game people wanted for a long time. Here's hoping that we are indeed getting one.

I'd personally love to see Zoroark and Scrafty. A good thing about a game like this is that you can utilize various Pokemon moves/characteristics in creative ways that we wouldn't usually see in the mainline games. For example, let's say Electivire's playable. Let him have some moves where he uses his wire tails to grab, trap, and electrocute opponents (like it's said in the Pokedex entries). Innovative things like these are usually seen in the anime, but it would be nice seeing such things in a fighting game.

I think having a playable Samurott would be cool to see, actually. Especially if Samurott fights standing upright.
Scrafty is a common poke I've seen a lot of people request.
Couldn't imagine Samurott actually standing so I looked it up and OMG Samurott looks so menacing standing upright:

I also wonder if typing will play a factor in combat.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Scrafty is a common poke I've seen a lot of people request.
Couldn't imagine Samurott actually standing so I looked it up and OMG Samurott looks so menacing standing upright:

I also wonder if typing will play a factor in combat.
Yeah, I remember seeing some promo artwork of Samurott standing. At first I thought is was a bit awkward (probably because I'm used to seeing him stand on all fours, as seen in game), but later I kinda thought it's pretty cool to see Samurott stand up and attack.

Typing is something I'm curious about as well. I mean, imagine if we have a roster chock full of Fighting types? That one Psychic pokemon will have a field day with these Fighting types. jk jk. :laugh: Yeah, I'm not sure really.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Bringing up Pacman again but if they do use design for smashbrothers that's recent i hope they use this one since i be ok with it not the Disney XD one
Waaay better than the Ghostly Adventures design, but something still doesn't feel right. Maybe yellow just stands out to me more in a roster, aside from Pikachu.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of Polaris, TotalBiscuit, Jesse Cox and the Co-Optional Podcast but they really are completely stupid when it comes to Nintendo discussions.

Currently, they're bashing the inclusion of WFT in smash and saying the Wii U is completely dying. "It has no 3rd party support/no new ips only DKC, Mario etc" I know they can give a **** about our opinions, but **** they're literally turning off people to Nintendo because they decided to ignore the ANNOUNCED NEW IPS MIYAMOTO HAS CONFIRMED. They also decided to ignore Pokken and stuff because "there is no new Pokemon game on Wii U". They also said they have very little in-house developers, completely forgetting Sora Ltd, Monolith, Retro etc and when pointed out by chat they bashed those companies for only creating OLD things.

I can't even begin to list everything wrong they said in this 10 minutes I've listened to them for. They have literally no idea on anything console related or Nintendo related other than how to look up "Wii U failing" on google. I'm literally angry at everyone who ****ing bashes Nintendo BECAUSE THEY ARE THE REASON WHY THE WII U IS FAILING. IF THE REVIEWS PRAISED NINTENDO ON HOW WELL MADE THEIR GAMES WERE, HOW POLISHED THE ENTIRE CONSOLE IS IT'D HAVE SOLD A LOT MORE. THE ENTIRE NEGATIVITY THAT HAS EMERGED FOR NINTENDO IS ASTOUNDING AND THEY DON'T EVEN REALIZE THEY'RE MAKING EVERYTHING WORSE.

I'm sorry for the caps, but when people you DON'T expect to be ignorant are, that's frustrating as ****. I still like TB, but if you're going to do a Nintendo discussion, don't get a guy who openly hates Nintendo and get someone who has knowledge of Nintendo instead. ProtonJon, NCS, Chuggaaconroy, StephenPlays, hell even most of the guys on The Creatures know a lot about Nintendo.

Hell, get some average user from Smashboards and we'll set everything straight.

/rant

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Is it bad that I didn't evolve Dewott because I thought Samurott looked like Dialga and Smooth McGroove were left at the Day Care.

@MidgetToiletSignDangerDamadge: I think it's more down to poor advertising and being released too long after the Wii more than anything else.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
you do know p4g is like the Onion of gaming news right

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You guys should have seen the look of their faces when I've trolled them in the Dating Advice thread. I've trolled Envy, Falconv1.0, and Teran at once for the past few days. Hell, I'v even introduced then to Taro Yamada's cancerous anime in opening format. I guess this is what happens when you pay TOO much attention to users like Xenoblaze and GoldenYuu throughout the years. :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've been out all day today.

First thing I had to do was take my US History EoC test. Last test I had to do for the rest of high school, still have one more year left of it (unless I have all the necessary credits to graduate in which case I'll probably go for community college next, since I'm not quite sure what I want to get into career wise).

Then went to Wingstop.

Then came back home real quick to pick up some games I wanted to trade in to Gamestop since they were doing a 50% trade-in bonus for every game traded in. Got around 30$. Bought a new copy of Gears of War to replace the ****ed up version I got and bought Judgment, but I'm going to play through the campaign of all the games in order before I get to Judgment. Still have like 11 bucks on there, didn't see any other games I wanted there.

I'm also tired as **** for some reason. Staying out all day tends to do that for me though lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You guys should have seen the look of their faces when I've trolled them in the Dating Advice thread. I've trolled Envy, Falconv1.0, and Teran at once for the past few days. Hell, I'v even introduced then to Taro Yamada's cancerous anime in opening format. I guess this is what happens when you pay TOO much attention to users like Xenoblaze and GoldenYuu throughout the years. :troll:
can I ask how old you are? just curious.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
can I ask how old you are? just curious.
19 years old, my main man. In college like the majority of these users on the site. No one can have some fun on Smashboards? (Since you are a mod and all)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
19 years old, my main man. In college like the majority of these users on the site. No one can have some fun on Smashboards? (Since you are a mod and all)
I think we were reading different threads

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Warning Received
I lurk that thread for the lols.

Your a very bad troll, and not the good kind of bad. You are incredibly horrible at trolling. Like seriously.

Learn to troll.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Poyoyo? N'cha, I guess I'll just stick with my own style and stay away from the dark side. Staying only in Smash specific boards is the best option for a shonen addict like me. Arrigato!

(Only a true Toriyama fan would get what I've said).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, it's sad if not everyone grew up with Dr. Slump in their childhood. All people care about is nothing but Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Naruto. No Sakigate, No Luckyman, No Kochikame, No Saint Seiya, No Saiki Kusuo no Sainin, No Assassination Classroom, and nobody else. And you guys call yourself's Weekly Shonen Jump fans.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Poyoyo? N'cha, I guess I'll just stick with my own style and stay away from the dark side. Staying only in Smash specific boards is the best option for a shonen addict like me. Arrigato!

(Only a true Toriyama fan would get what I've said).

I have a very Street Fighter related answer to that one.

Dr Slump.PNG

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dear Jack: My girlfriend is stupid about video games and thinks Nintendo is better than Sony. I tried giving her a PlayStation Vita for her birthday, but she sold it to get some stupid Nintendo games instead. I don’t think I can stay with a girl who has such poor taste in video games. How do I fix her?

Have you tried showing her the sales figures of the PlayStation 4 compared to the Wii U? That should convince anyone with half a brain that Sony’s offerings are much better than whatever Nintendo could put out. Unless your girlfriend can’t do math, showing her the sales figures should make her realize the mistakes she has made with her choices in life and video games.

On the other hand, your girlfriend just might be stupid and you should break up with her. There are plenty of other fish in the sea who love Sony and are also women. Have you tried finding love through online gaming? I know it’s tough because a lot of men are also trying to compete for the same fish, but you sound like a great person. It takes a man with strong convictions to break up with a girl because of her taste in video games.

But maybe she’s hot so you shouldn’t give up hope so easily. There are other ways to convince her. Have you tried just forcing her to play on a PlayStation 4? She’ll probably love it. If that doesn’t work, try negative reinforcement. Call her an idiot every time she plays a Nintendo game. She’ll soon associate Nintendo with being an idiot and she’ll move right onto the smarter choice, Sony. Or maybe she’ll get an Xbox One instead. Let me know if that happens because I can advise you further.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Dear Jack: My girlfriend is stupid about video games and thinks Nintendo is better than Sony. I tried giving her a PlayStation Vita for her birthday, but she sold it to get some stupid Nintendo games instead. I don’t think I can stay with a girl who has such poor taste in video games. How do I fix her?

Have you tried showing her the sales figures of the PlayStation 4 compared to the Wii U? That should convince anyone with half a brain that Sony’s offerings are much better than whatever Nintendo could put out. Unless your girlfriend can’t do math, showing her the sales figures should make her realize the mistakes she has made with her choices in life and video games.

On the other hand, your girlfriend just might be stupid and you should break up with her. There are plenty of other fish in the sea who love Sony and are also women. Have you tried finding love through online gaming? I know it’s tough because a lot of men are also trying to compete for the same fish, but you sound like a great person. It takes a man with strong convictions to break up with a girl because of her taste in video games.

But maybe she’s hot so you shouldn’t give up hope so easily. There are other ways to convince her. Have you tried just forcing her to play on a PlayStation 4? She’ll probably love it. If that doesn’t work, try negative reinforcement. Call her an idiot every time she plays a Nintendo game. She’ll soon associate Nintendo with being an idiot and she’ll move right onto the smarter choice, Sony. Or maybe she’ll get an Xbox One instead. Let me know if that happens because I can advise you further.

Other option: Let me have her. ;)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
A fellow Dr. Slump fan? All faith in humanity have been restored.
Honestly, I'm just a retro anime fan. Dirty Pair (with that OVA theme that is totally not inspired by Thriller), the old Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi in Tokyo, Ayane's High Kick ("IT'S THE GOLDEN HIGH KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK"... gotta love old school dubbing), The Fantastic Adventures of Unico (first anime I ever saw), that old Grim's Fairy Tale anime that used to come on Nick Jr before original programming kicked in, Urusei Yatsura, Maris the Chojo, Cutey Honey, Speed Racer, Digimon (been on a kick of that lately courtesy of Netflix), Dragon Ball (if the avatar didn't already hint that), Escaflowne.

Yeah... all the old school stuff. Tapped out right around the mid-2000s. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was the last anime I truly enjoyed before I tapped out. Panty and Stocking was funny, if only because of how crass it is (if you love Ren and Stimpy you might like it), but other than that... eh... I wouldn't consider myself an anime fan nowadays. A retro anime fan, but definitely not a current one. I've been getting Viz's Ranma 1/2 Blu-rays... good stuff. REALLY good stuff...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Microsoft should die; end of story, no questions asked. Terrible console design, their tactics with Xbox Live, and their low amount of IP's (Who the hell even plays Halo anymore?). I'm so glad that Nintendo and Sony are my console gods to worship.

Honestly, I'm just a retro anime fan. Dirty Pair (with that OVA theme that is totally not inspired by Thriller), the old Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi in Tokyo, Ayane's High Kick ("IT'S THE GOLDEN HIGH KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK"... gotta love old school dubbing), The Fantastic Adventures of Unico (first anime I ever saw), that old Grim's Fairy Tale anime that used to come on Nick Jr before original programming kicked in, Urusei Yatsura, Maris the Chojo, Cutey Honey, Speed Racer, Digimon (been on a kick of that lately courtesy of Netflix), Dragon Ball (if the avatar didn't already hint that), Escaflowne.

Yeah... all the old school stuff. Tapped out right around the mid-2000s. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was the last anime I truly enjoyed before I tapped out. Panty and Stocking was funny, if only because of how crass it is (if you love Ren and Stimpy you might like it), but other than that... eh... I wouldn't consider myself an anime fan nowadays. A retro anime fan, but definitely not a current one. I've been getting Viz's Ranma 1/2 Blu-rays... good stuff. REALLY good stuff...
I can see what you mean. Most anime nowadays are low quality **** with unnecessary fanservice and lackluster plots. As far as I go with modern anime, are Shueisha and Kondasha adaptions. Nothing can beat the classics like many 90's kids would say.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Microsoft should die; end of story, no questions asked. Terrible console design, their Jew tactics with Xbox Live, and their low amount of IP's (Who the hell even plays Halo anymore?). I'm so glad that Nintendo and Sony are my console gods to worship.

I can see what you mean. Most anime nowadays are low quality **** with unnecessary fanservice and lackluster plots. As far as I go with modern anime, are Shueisha and Kondasha adaptions. Nothing can beat the classics like many 90's kids would say.
Well, as of now there are FAR more games on XBOX 1 I am interested in than Playstation 4

I can't think of a single Playstation exclusive I would want

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Microsoft should die; end of story, no questions asked. Terrible console design, their Jew tactics with Xbox Live, and their low amount of IP's (Who the hell even plays Halo anymore?). I'm so glad that Nintendo and Sony are my console gods to worship.
I've always been a Microsoft fanboy but I think this will be the generation where I finally switch over to Sony.

Other than Gears and Halo I just don't see a reason to purchase a XB1 over the PS4 (and the latest Halo and Gears were ass).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, as of now there are FAR more games on XBOX 1 I am interested in than Playstation 4

I can't think of a single Playstation exclusive I would want
Well, I'll still have to be forced to get it since my brothers are avid Xbox fans. Kingdom Hearts III is a multiplat plat title too, so that's not a big issue. I'm growing tired of Killzone and Infamous, so Sony's starting to grow tiresome. I'll change my mind IF a new Jak, Ratchet and Clank or Ape Escape is involved. I don't even want a new Parappa anymore since Dredd Fox is dead to me (why do all the good guys have to be complete *****?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom