• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pokken Fighters?

I expect Breloom. If Breloom isn't included, I swear...

And pull a Pokemon Type: Wild and throw in Swalot as a lethal joke character. Heck, throw in every Pokemon from Type: Wild minus Combusken.
If anything, I'd want Combusken over Blaziken. Combusken vs. Breloom was one of my favorite battles in the anime.

Edit:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Combusken looks really awkward to me

I think he's actually an innuendo

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would be nice...

Charizard
Blastoise
Pikachu
Alazakam
Gengar
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Mr. Mime
Snorlax
Mewtwo

Feraligatr
Heracross
Ampharos
Sneasel
Scizor
Tyranitar

Sceptile
Blaziken
Breloom
Absol
Gardevoir
Deoxys

Infernape
Roserade
Lucario
Croagunk
Electivire
Darkrai

Scrafty
Sawk
Bisharp
Cobalion
Meloetta
Genesect

Chesnaught
Greninja
Florges
Pangoro
Hawlucha
Goodra

Now that I've gotten much too ahead of myself I'll be off~

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I think what kinds of pokemon show up depends on what kind of fighting game it ends up being. If it's some sort of unconventional party fighter like Smash or Power Stone I would expect it to be mostly popular just pokemon/pokemon people would expect with little regards to that Pokemons's physiology or abilities. If it's a traditional but zany 2D fighter like Marvel vs. Capcom or Joe Joe's bizzare adventure I expect a bias towards fighting types and bipedalism but also a lot of popular pokemon that aren't what you'd normally expect to see in a fighting game. But if this ends up being a Tekken esque game I'm expecting some less popular choices in order to fit the game with a very heavy bias towards fighting types and bipedals, with a couple of characters that are unorthodox for fighting games thrown here and there(Pikachu has to be in no mater how much the devs hate implementing him, I'd expect maybe one grass pokemon that uses vine whip in place of arms, ect.).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's criminal that Big Boss is not the main protagonist in every video game ever.
We can try and fix that. I know I would play it. It should be called Mega Gear Solid X. Tactical Maverick Hunting has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So if this Pokken thing is an actual pokemon fighting game (which would be god damned awesome) how much do you wanna bet Greninja will be heavily promoted for it?

pickle962

Smash Lord
So if this Pokken thing is an actual pokemon fighting game (which would be god damned awesome) how much do you wanna bet Greninja will be heavily promoted for it?
Speaking of G-Ninj, anybody here know or has a good idea as to WHY Lucario is being brought back to smash 4? Charizard I can see why and plus he's a heavyweight to help balance out the cast a lil more, but ****ing Lucario? Note im not some angry mewtwo fan who threw a temper tantrum when Greninja was revealed or personally killed Sakurai shortly thereafter (check out his Wikipedia page, go to history and scroll down to april 8th or so, you fellow reader are in for some funny sh*t!), but out of all the pokemon who could have been added to the playable roster for smash 4, why Lucario?

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Speaking of G-Ninj, anybody here know or has a good idea as to WHY Lucario is being brought back to smash 4? Charizard I can see why and plus he's a heavyweight to help balance out the cast a lil more, but ****ing Lucario? Note im not some angry mewtwo fan who threw a temper tantrum when Greninja was revealed or personally killed Sakurai shortly thereafter (check out his Wikipedia page, go to history and scroll down to april 8th or so, you fellow reader are in for some funny sh*t!), but out of all the pokemon who could have been added to the playable roster for smash 4, why Lucario?
Lucario is one of the most popular Pokémon out there.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
He's easily one of the most popular Pokémon in general, and is heavily promoted in Gen 4, B2W2 and XY. In the latter case, he even got story importance by being the first Mega Evolution, which is not something that's common with Pokémon that are not cover legendaries.

Really, there was little reason for him to not be in the game as both the fans and GF have shown that they're still behind the character, and with both of those aspects they paved the way for him to remain on the Smash roster.

Shroob

Sup?
Lucario's a rare case where he sorta...stuck. He's hella popular and pretty memorable. The Anubis like design sells him for me.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just heard about the kidnapped girls in Nigeria. Apparently those muslim extremists threaten the unbelievers. This kinda scares me...do any of you guys have a bunker?

In other news....
I can't wait untill the Phantom Pain!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just heard about the kidnapped girls in Nigeria. Apparently those muslim extremists threaten the unbelievers. This kinda scares me...do any of you guys have a bunker?
What else did you expect from religious fanatics? They are no better than any other extremist group out there in the planet.

Extremists, whatever their creeds (political and/or religious) may be, are the scourge of humanity.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tomorrow, we'll see some new Weekly Shonen Jump information like the usual scans and TOC with the addition of seeing if that J-Stars Rumor is true or not. In my opinion, Illegal Rare is the only new series worth keeping. Stealth Symphony went downhill after 5 chapters, Tokyo Wonder Boys is a flop and failed attempt at advertising an event, and I-Shoujo just need to die since we don't need another damn romcom.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What else did you expect from religious fanatics? They are no better than any other extremist group out there in the planet.

Extremists, whatever their creeds (political and/or religious) may be, are the scourge of humanity.
What about extremists of love, hmm? They just love humanity so geddan much that they give all their stuff away and serve the poor for the rest of their lives through corporeal works of mercy?
That's extremism right there.
C'mon, man, you can't just throw out these words and expect to cover every case, or shut down any argument just because they're 'extreme'!
I mean, if there is a right and wrong, there's got to be some political order or religious order which is correct, or most correct, is it then wrong to be passionate about the truth, and seek to better humanity through it?
Sure, there are plenty of people who are extremely evil, but the degree is not a classification or group that it makes any sense to blame.
Would you rather we all were complacent? What if I said that those who were not extreme in their convictions would simply be slothful and idle all their lives? How are we expected to progress in technology or the material wealth of society?
Heck, Albert Einstein, quoted in your signature, had an incredibly powerful conviction, namely that the universe was an ordered place, and he decried quantum mechanics to his death, attempting to prove in his life that there was some way to know the world outside of it. His dedication was extreme, and admirable.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is my last day of my first year of college. All I've got today is two final exams and some scrubbing to do, but I am staying one more night at the dorm.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For general discussion

Hmmmmm from a thread got me thinking this is about R.O.B

Remember the balloon fighter stage confirmed isn't it possible thats going to be R.O.B stage on the 3ds version i mean in brawl it was a mario bros one (what they have in common is that they're from nes games)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Galacta Knight leaked?
View attachment 13625
As soon as I laid my eyes on that picture, the words "blatantly" and "fake" came to mind.

What about extremists of love, hmm? They just love humanity so geddan much that they give all their stuff away and serve the poor for the rest of their lives through corporeal works of mercy?
C'mon, man, you can't just throw out these words and expect to cover every case, or shut down any argument just because they're 'extreme'!
I mean, if there is a right and wrong, there's got to be some political order or religious order which is correct, or most correct, is it then wrong to be passionate about the truth, and seek to better humanity through it?
Sure, there are plenty of people who are extremely evil, but the degree is not a classification or group that it makes any sense to blame.
Would you rather we all were complacent? What if I said that those who were not extreme in their convictions would simply be slothful and idle all their lives? How are we expected to progress in technology or the material wealth of society?
Heck, Albert Einstein, quoted in your signature, had an incredibly powerful conviction, namely that the universe was an ordered place, and he decried quantum mechanics to his death, attempting to prove in his life that there was some way to know the world outside of it. His dedication was extreme, and admirable.
Your posts are... hard to read... Too much text... and too flowery... @_@

Anyway, what I meant by extremism is the mindset of rejecting other ideals and willing to impose one's way of thinking on the others. You wouldn't like if someone threatened you because you didn't agree with them, would you? That's what I was referring to and it's a kind of behavior I find despicable.

Also, having strong convictions is completely different from extremism. You can have strong convictions without being a fundamentalist. Don't mistake both.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
With the specials shown, it could've been a taunt. He implied it could attack, at least the way I read it, but we don't know if it even does damage. If it's a Final Smash, yeah, it probably does damage. It's just a very weird situation, to be honest.
all taunts have been shown, (even every pose of the 5 pose one.) All tilts have been shown (unless i'm wrong about seeing the up tilt in the direct.)
Only two aerials and one grab has been shown, however. If it really isn't the final smash, i could only seeing it be an up throw or up aerial in landing lag that was shown.
edit: his down tilt was not shown, i had mistaken it and his dsmash.

It's criminal that Big Boss is not the main protagonist in every video game ever.
Playing literally every game as big boss would be the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
all taunts have been shown, (even every pose of the 5 pose one.) All tilts have been shown (unless i'm wrong about seeing the up tilt in the direct.)
Only two aerials and one grab has been shown, however. If it really isn't the final smash, i could only seeing it be an up throw or up aerial in landing lag that was shown.
edit: his down tilt was not shown, i had mistaken it and his dsmash.
Well, I doubt it would be a tilt. As that would cause some start-up and ending lag (pulling out the Poltergust, using the attack, and then putting it back).

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Well, I doubt it would be a tilt. As that would cause some start-up and ending lag (pulling out the Poltergust, using the attack, and then putting it back).
I seriously doubt it's anything but a final smash, really. I just listed all moves not yet confirmed.
I remember reading this a while ago. People like Martin Luther King and Ghandi were considered extremists, but that in no way makes them bad people. It's really just the word "extremist" is only used in a bad light in recent times.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
For general discussion

Hmmmmm from a thread got me thinking this is about R.O.B

Remember the balloon fighter stage confirmed isn't it possible thats going to be R.O.B stage on the 3ds version i mean in brawl it was a mario bros one (what they have in common is that they're from nes games)
I would totally be down with that since R.O.B. was a character I was surprisingly really good with and would love to see return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom