• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So... when do we get Zelda fighters? With Kirby Fighters in Triple Deluxe, and now Pokken Fighters, it seems like every Nintendo franchise is suddenly branching out to do fighting games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, the Zelda series could have an easy fighter alone. There's enough of every Monster to have a simple 2 player version. With obvious Bosses like Patra or Aquamentus. A lot could be playable, too. Darknuts, Stalfos, Lizalfos, etc.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though here's what I'm thinking.
Since it is a fighter from a popular franchise, does this mean Smogon's gonna hold a side forum for this?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Man, a Pokémon fighting game? Cool...!

But will this detract from Smash 4's hype/attention....?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well this will be fun.
Now if you can excuse me, I have to go find the underdog Pokemon that I'll root for.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not even worth pretending that all 3 Fire/Fighting starters won't be in.
At least they probably won't play the same. >_>

I honestly expect to see most starters, if not at least one from each line. That's 18 already. Then we got Pikachu, obviously. 19. There'll probably be some Legendaries, so Mewtwo is an obvious one. Then there's the rest, probably random guys from each Gen. Aegislash could work well here, Lucario is a given, we might see Zoroark as fightable this time...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If Ditto is somehow not a playable fighter.
I'll be mad.
It'd be cool if, for mirror matches, the second player's opening animation was ditto morning into the character.
Or it could play like Double from Skullgirls, or Shang Tsun, or Edgemaster, or just represent the random button like in Melee(which I always thought was really cool. It's like ditto is the forgotten member of the Melee roster).

Anyways like many people I've been wanting a Pokemon fighter since forever and I'm really exited to see what they do with the game assuming Pokken is in fact a game. There's a lot of different ways you can do a fighting game. The name makes me feel like it'll be similar to Tekken, perhaps even with the Tekken developers who are working on smash developing it(after they finish Smash of course). Which is exactly what I don't want a pokemon fight game to be like(though I like Tekken) but ehhhh we'll see.

As for a Zelda fighting game I'd love to have one, but not quite as a traditional fighting game. I'd like one that makes it feel like your playing one of the 3D Zelda games when you duel a Starfos or Lizalfos or werewolf, but obviously with some heavy modifications to give it more depth and make it work with two people. Some sort of cross between OoT and Soul Calibur.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
At least they probably won't play the same. >_>
2 frail speedsters (Blaziken :falcon: and Infernape :diddy:), one mighty glacier (Emboar :ganondorf:). No thanks.

As far as "same typing, vastly different fighting styles" go, I'd love seeing these:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pokken Fighters?

I expect Breloom. If Breloom isn't included, I swear...

And pull a Pokemon Type: Wild and throw in Swalot as a lethal joke character. Heck, throw in every Pokemon from Type: Wild minus Combusken. Gengar, Gardevoir, Snorlax, Breloom, Blaziken, Lucario, Swalot, Ditto, Lopunny...

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The picture on the left is straight out of DK Jungle climber. It's just about the most famous picture of King K Rool
http://www.mariowiki.com/King_K._Rool
It's not even worth pretending that all 3 Fire/Fighting starters won't be in.
I'm still baffeled as to why they thought it was a good idea to have 3 fighting fire starters in 3 games in a row. Than god Delphox went psychic instead.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just want Sneasel. Weavile ain't gonna cut it. :p

Dat 4x fighting weakness... great for this game! :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Of course Pikachu and Charizard will probably be in it anyway, so we know two character already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom