• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Bye Vintage Creep. Sorry you got offended by Quilt.

Hmm... well, I'd read it. :laugh:

You're going to respond to this, but Superman can sense Kryptonite. The very moment he knows Batman has his weakness, he's just going to get out of Batman's range. But they'd never fight. You'd have to remove the morals of both.
Spidersuperman i knew it was true

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Funny thing. Over the weekend I crashed at my bro's dorm and he and his friends (they are part of a competitive Smash league) were playing some PM for fun and they too think Ridley is too big (surprisingly my bro says so too). I was going to defend that but I changed my mind, fearing it would turn into a **** storm. I for one don't see Ridley's size a problem (in general, I don't care if Ridley does or does not appear playable).

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Anyone else playing Kirby Triple D?

If you are having problems with bosses (In a kirby game...) I recommend Leaf

If has a move that shoots a vine from the ground like some kind of spike

I don't know what the move is called, but I call it "Boss wrecker"

Just spam it, it kills bosses like crazy
Bell is also good. He can hide in a bell forever, and it makes you invincible.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Ultra Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS?
Whoa whoa Nintendo and Namco cool your jets as much as i like another smash bros just as much as next person i would like to wait for a bit then just 2015 maybe in 2016-2017 would be better also on there next gen if they decide to go on the next gen if not then ok then

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone else playing Kirby Triple D?

If you are having problems with bosses (In a kirby game...) I recommend Leaf

If has a move that shoots a vine from the ground like some kind of spike

I don't know what the move is called, but I call it "Boss wrecker"

Just spam it, it kills bosses like crazy
Not to mention Leaf's shielding is absolutely immune to pretty much EVERYTHING. That's what I did in Return to Dream Land as well.

Yeah, Leaf is pretty much super broken.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok, if no one else will say it I will! Nintendo and SEGA need to make a crossover with Mario, Sonic, and their respective friends playing paintball.
Nah no game would have appeal unless it had real guns like the shadow the hedgehog:troll:

Lol, this should happen.

quote="Thekewlusername, post: 16707836, member: 218984"]That seems really, really unlikely. I mean, we're already getting two Smash games this year. I doubt we're getting two more the following year, on the same exact systems. Maybe, just maybe if this was along the lines of Super Street Fighter or UMvC3, I could kind of understand. Those games are pretty much expansion packs for the original versions.[/quote]

I honestly think it will be some type of big DLC update 2 weeks after wii u release to kick off the new year. It could also be like ultimate marvel vs Capcom as stated.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ultra Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS?
Unless...
They're going the Street Fighter route and giving us one with tweaks and balances. Or maybe a port for arcades.

Edit: Now that I think about it, have any other news sites commented on this yet?
Edit 2: Never mind. There are. Well, this is interesting...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unless...
They're going the Street Fighter route and giving us one with tweaks and balances. Or maybe a port for arcades.
I've always wanted to see an SSB Arcade version myself. It'd be an easy money maker. And being on an Arcade machine, they could probably put in far more playable characters than normal. No more worries about space, etc. So you could have all 3 versions of Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and so on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've always wanted to see an SSB Arcade version myself. It'd be an easy money maker. And being on an Arcade machine, they could probably put in far more playable characters than normal. No more worries about space, etc. So you could have all 3 versions of Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and so on.
That's what I'm thinking.
One thing I've learned with Sakurai is that he likes to wait before making a newer Smash game. Preferably around a couple years.
Also, Nintendo has had a history in the arcades, that's what could be happening here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a reminder, that "Smash Bros. 6" job post thing has been taken down for a good bit (going the page now will show a 404)

I say it's nothing more than a mistake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's what I'm thinking.
One thing I've learned with Sakurai is that he likes to wait before making a newer Smash game. Preferably around a couple years.
Also, Nintendo has had a history in the arcades, that's what could be happening here.
Speaking of, I know Smash is a little harder to play with an Arcade Stick than others, but I think it would go well. IMO, since Melee is the most technically in design, it should be the style used for the arcade version. One shield button, then the throw button, A, B, start, Arcade Stick, Jump. You can keep pressing the Jump button to scroll through each costume. Maybe add a few more, up to 6 per character?

I dunno what cast they should overall go with, besides obviously everyone in Melee. Maybe take a page from SSB4 and remove transformations too. So having Charizard, Zelda, Sheik(hopefully Squirtle and Ivysaur) separated, etc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
An arcade Smash Bros, would be cool. Though it would be weird to use an Arcade stick don't you think. Smash is more platform centric, than any other fighter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After today's pic of the day, a thought occurred. What if the pic of the day with the poltergust isn't luigi's final smash? Maybe he trolled us by having the lights in the arena turned off to simulate the final smash effect.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of, I know Smash is a little harder to play with an Arcade Stick than others, but I think it would go well. IMO, since Melee is the most technically in design, it should be the style used for the arcade version. One shield button, then the throw button, A, B, start, Arcade Stick, Jump. You can keep pressing the Jump button to scroll through each costume. Maybe add a few more, up to 6 per character?
Knowing Nintendo, they'll most likely use a controller akin to that of the Gamepad or Pro Controller.

I dunno what cast they should overall go with, besides obviously everyone in Melee. Maybe take a page from SSB4 and remove transformations too. So having Charizard, Zelda, Sheik(hopefully Squirtle and Ivysaur) separated, etc.
I'd say the roster of SSB4 with a few more thrown in.
Transformations can go either way, but mostly likely are still gone. Especially if they go the Street Fighter route and release it later.

After today's pic of the day, a thought occurred. What if the pic of the day with the poltergust isn't luigi's final smash? Maybe he trolled us by having the lights in the arena turned off to simulate the final smash effect.
Or, it's a Final Smash and we're just grasping straws to say otherwise.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Tommorrow starts the first semi-final of an "European" singing contest called Eurovision Song Contest.
Too bad only 4 of the 37 songs are sung in their native language. Others are in English. Probably because the last time a non-English song won was in 2007. The English language seems to have a certain charm to it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tommorrow starts the first semi-final of an "European" singing contest called Eurovision Song Contest.
Too bad only 4 of the 37 songs are sung in their native language. Others are in English. Probably because the last time a non-English song won was in 2007. The English language seems to have a certain charm to it.
To be fair, English is a widely spoken language.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Luigi's body was glowing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Knowing Nintendo, they'll most likely use a controller akin to that of the Gamepad or Pro Controller.
Arcade machines don't use "controllers". They have a large pad connected to the machine.

Transformations can go either way, but mostly likely are still gone. Especially if they go the Street Fighter route and release it later.
Better them gone to make the game load faster. That was a huge problem with Brawl. And it'd make more sense to use a roster based around Melee's, since it had everybody in 64, but more. Brawl and SSB4 are missing characters. The next update could add everyone from Brawl without removals, and the same for 4.

Still don't know yet. There's no use saying it definitely is till it's confirmed. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Gotta wait and see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Luigi's body was glowing.
Yes but you always glow when just holding the smash ball.

True, it's just some food for thought. Anyway guys we missed the true newcomer in greininja's trailer:

http://cheezburger.com/8173170176 :troll:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Luigi did the Luigi Cyclone at the end of the Smash direct, and Super Punch Jump, fire ball, and Green Missile have been confirmed.
Why are we even discussing this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bob Hoskins died?

Should I watch Super Mario or Roger Rabbit in his honor

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bob Hoskins died?

Should I watch Super Mario or Roger Rabbit in his honor
I would say Roger Rabbit. I heard he didn't particularly like the Mario movie, putting it lightly. You could also watch Hook, he played Smee in that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom