• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know but... I prefer countries singing in their own language...just like other ESC fans prefer.
Eh, it could be mostly due to English being my native language (heck, my only language. I'm not bilingual). So I tolerate it a bit more (Sure there's subtitles, but it's a tad more convent to use a widely known language wouldn't ya think?).

Arcade machines don't use "controllers". They have a large pad connected to the machine.
Well, at least something resembling a controller.

Better them gone to make the game load faster. That was a huge problem with Brawl. And it'd make more sense to use a roster based around Melee's, since it had everybody in 64, but more. Brawl and SSB4 are missing characters. The next update could add everyone from Brawl without removals, and the same for 4.
If anything, I doubt arcades couldn't hold SSB4's roster. Even if it's just that.
And given said time this will "release" (and implying it's for arcades), this will be most likely a port. I know what Sakurai said about doing characters from scratch. But I'm not sure if "porting" was included in said statement.

Still don't know yet. There's no use saying it definitely is till it's confirmed. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Gotta wait and see.
Honestly, let's face it.
All of Luigi's specials are the same. This might include his grabs as well.
He was glowing.
And the screen darkened.
It's a Final Smash. It's all pointing to nothing but that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, at least something resembling a controller.
Nyeh. Close enough.

If anything, I doubt arcades couldn't hold SSB4's roster. Even if it's just that.
And given said time this will "release" (and implying it's for arcades), this will be most likely a port. I know what Sakurai said about doing characters from scratch. But I'm not sure if "porting" was included in said statement.
I meant to port Melee(or whichever), and maybe make more characters playable. Like the Wire Frames could be added. Maybe finish Sheik's Target Test and give it to them? Also, make the Test Stage playable, since it has no issues. It's not glitchy whatsoever.

Honestly, let's face it.
All of Luigi's specials are the same. This might include his grabs as well.
He was glowing.
And the screen darkened.
It's a Final Smash. It's all pointing to nothing but that.
I'll remain skeptical till confirmation. It points to it, but doesn't tell me that for sure. I'm always skeptical till confirmation, no matter how likely something is.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm just gonna say this.
If by some logic this game is a fighting Pokemon game. I'll buy a Wii U just for this.

Nyeh. Close enough.

I meant to port Melee(or whichever), and maybe make more characters playable. Like the Wire Frames could be added. Maybe finish Sheik's Target Test and give it to them? Also, make the Test Stage playable, since it has no issues. It's not glitchy whatsoever.
Well, if that's the case.
Then I'm gonna be honest here. If we're getting Melee again, it'll be a HD remake on the Wii U (or whenever they put it on the Virtual Console).
Smash 4 just seems like the more plausible choice ATM. Not only is it new, but being able to market it to other markets can do big for it.
But with that said, if there is new content they're adding, I hope we get it through DLC.

I'll remain skeptical till confirmation. It points to it, but doesn't tell me that for sure. I'm always skeptical till confirmation, no matter how likely something is.
Well, to each their own I guess...

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I wonder when they'll actually reveal it. Pretty sure the Pokemon Company doesn't show off games at E3, so maybe in September?

----
Not sure. I guess there's nothing stopping Pokemon Co from switching it up this time around, especially if this is a collaboration title. I dunno, maybe I'm just reading into the "Pokken" too much and thinking Tekken.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not sure. I guess there's nothing stopping Pokemon Co from switching it up this time around, especially if this is a collaboration title. I dunno, maybe I'm just reading into the "Pokken" too much and thinking Tekken.
Though, a Tekken with Pokemon would be awesome.
Here's hopin'.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just got a bad news: I will not be able to watch this E3 live only after several hours but I want to watch the replay while I'm unspoiled so if anyone can tell me how can I watch ALL the digital event without knowing anything? like just the video if possible as less browsing on internet as possible. The best way would be that someone pm me the link of the video but I need someone who will be there some hours after the event I need this link when I will arrive which is several hours after the E3. So, could anyone that promess to not forget (I'll pm you some days before) to pm me the direct link? Quote this message if you're ok with it and I'll pm you to confirm this.

If you link youtube videos, there's a parameter that only shows the video alone I would want this because I don't want any title.

You'll be so kind to do this for me that would help alot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Luigi did the Luigi Cyclone at the end of the Smash direct, and Super Punch Jump, fire ball, and Green Missile have been confirmed.
Why are we even discussing this.
Ok, I didn't notice that.

Just got a bad news: I will not be able to watch this E3 live only after several hours but I want to watch the replay while I'm unspoiled so if anyone can tell me how can I watch ALL the digital event without knowing anything? like just the video if possible as less browsing on internet as possible. The best way would be that someone pm me the link of the video but I need someone who will be there some hours after the event I need this link when I will arrive which is several hours after the E3. So, could anyone that promess to not forget (I'll pm you some days before) to pm me the direct link? Quote this message if you're ok with it and I'll pm you to confirm this.
If you link youtube videos, there's a parameter that only shows the video alone I would want this because I don't want any title.
You'll be so kind to do this for me that would help alot.
Sure, I'll find one and pm you it.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
because it's not feasible. Did you play the Ambassador GBA games? if you did you'd know that they're ****. instead of it being a service like VC games (save states, access to home menu, miiverse, etc.) they were literally a dumped ROM using the DSi CPU downclocked to play GBA games.
Safe to say Nintendo wouldn't want to release them like that which is why they're on Wii U where the VC part of the Virtual Console can easily be done...hell you can even map buttons, change screen settings etc. on Wii U VC.

also the ambassador gba games were never intended for non-ambassadors, it was basically just a bonus, not a promise to bring them later.
Wooo late response!

I agree there, but at the same time, would it kill them to create a proper Virtual Console emulator for the 3DS to handle GBA games? They've already done it for Game Boy, Game Gear, and NES titles. It shouldn't be too hard to create one for GBA as well, especially since, based on the ambassador titles, it's obvious the system can handle it.

They do look nice on the big screen thanks to the Wii U, but I do think they need to be on the 3DS as well, as they were developed as portable games in the first place.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, if that's the case.
Then I'm gonna be honest here. If we're getting Melee again, it'll be a HD remake on the Wii U (or whenever they put it on the Virtual Console).
Smash 4 just seems like the more plausible choice ATM. Not only is it new, but being able to market it to other markets can do big for it.
But with that said, if there is new content they're adding, I hope we get it through DLC.
Okay, I think there's a misunderstanding here. I think they should make an Arcade Machine port of Smash Bros. I think Melee is the most optimal to start with, since it has a lot of characters. And if they wanted to go all out, they could add Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser. As well as the Wire Frames.

I'm not talking about porting Melee to another console. That'd be cool too, don't get me wrong. I could see it being great with online, and more characters. Making all the bosses playable as is(with restrictions. Like you couldn't choose anything but Final Destination with the Hands). Maybe add anyone planned for Melee(or considered). So King Dedede, Snake, and Sonic, they were all on the drawing board. Well, the first two definitely were, Sonic might've been.

Well, to each their own I guess...
Nothing wrong with being patient. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Okay, I think there's a misunderstanding here. I think they should make an Arcade Machine port of Smash Bros. I think Melee is the most optimal to start with, since it has a lot of characters.
And I'm still holding on to it being Smash 4. Because it's the most recent.

And if they wanted to go all out, they could add Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser. As well as the Wire Frames.
I'm not sure about that.
Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser were made to be bosses. Trying to make them characters would be rather difficult. And Wire Frames are just clones of other characters.

I'm not talking about porting Melee to another console. That'd be cool too, don't get me wrong. I could see it being great with online, and more characters. Making all the bosses playable as is(with restrictions. Like you couldn't choose anything but Final Destination with the Hands). Maybe add anyone planned for Melee(or considered). So King Dedede, Snake, and Sonic, they were all on the drawing board. Well, the first two definitely were, Sonic might've been.
If anything, we might not get more characters. But online will surely happen.
Plus, we might get better balance with the characters we have. That would be perfect.

Nothing wrong with being patient. :)
Well, when it does get confirmed. There will be a certain phrase I'd love to say.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And I'm still holding on to it being Smash 4. Because it's the most recent.
More technical game makes for a better arcade fighter, which makes Melee the best port choice.

I'm not sure about that.
Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser were made to be bosses. Trying to make them characters would be rather difficult. And Wire Frames are just clones of other characters.
Remapping the Hand's moves to use regular controls is easy. Master Hand used regular stuff in 64, not any special controls. In Melee, he uses the D-Pad and buttons instead. Giga Bowser is a normal character otherwise. Wire Frames are still fun to play as, even without specials. That's the reason they'd be playable in an Arcade game, they're not normal.

If anything, we might not get more characters. But online will surely happen.
Plus, we might get better balance with the characters we have. That would be perfect.
It'll be whatever it's like for the original game, maybe slightly updated, for a port. Can't really say overall.

Well, when it does get confirmed. There will be a certain phrase I'd love to say.
If it does. Also, there is no need for that kind of attitude towards people. It's actually really annoying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone who has done the Master Hand glitch knows why the Hands would not work as selectable characters.
And it has nothing to do with how their controls work.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
More technical game makes for a better arcade fighter, which makes Melee the best port choice.
Well, then again (again). This is Nintendo we're talking about. Not Capcom.
I don't think "technical depth" mean much to them. Which is why I have my doubts.

Remapping the Hand's moves to use regular controls is easy. Master Hand used regular stuff in 64, not any special controls. In Melee, he uses the D-Pad and buttons instead. Giga Bowser is a normal character otherwise. Wire Frames are still fun to play as, even without specials. That's the reason they'd be playable in an Arcade game, they're not normal.
If they somehow do, I only see the boss character being in their own little mode.
That, or Nintendo makes that glitch an Easter egg. Other than that there's not much else...

It'll be whatever it's like for the original game, maybe slightly updated, for a port. Can't really say overall.
Well, my theory is most ports generally have changes to them. Heck, Wind Waker had some IIRC.
If we do get a Melee HD, then there will be some changes. Knowing Sakurai...

If it does. Also, there is no need for that kind of attitude towards people. It's actually really annoying.
I was just joking. That's all...

Try the Krabby Club in Gateon Port. :troll:
Say how ironic. I just came back from watching Chuggaconroy's final episode of Pokemon XD.
I'm callin' it now, his next LP is Xenoblade. That man's obsessed with that game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, then again (again). This is Nintendo we're talking about. Not Capcom.
I don't think "technical depth" mean much to them. Which is why I have my doubts.
It's more Miyamoto. He'd have to first want to have a game ported to the Arcade. Technical fighters are the crazy there. I could see either of the first two games showing up before Brawl or 4. By doing an earlier game, you can release more games as sequels later and make more money that way.
If they somehow do, I only see the boss character being in their own little mode.
That, or Nintendo makes that glitch an Easter egg. Other than that there's not much else...
No need. All 5 of them are very easy to work with as normal-esque characters. Just takes some programming. Only the Hands are a little annoying, but that's because they have an HP meter. Giga Bowser is not nearly as good as people make him out to be. He's mediocre in Melee and worse in Brawl. The Wire Frames would be fine and perfectly balanced. Probably would have low gravity due to their lack of jumps. Alternatively, they could get a random set of B moves from a playable character(the full set, to note. So unless they got Jigglypuff or Yoshi, they got decent recovery option(s) from it)
Well, my theory is most ports generally have changes to them. Heck, Wind Waker had some IIRC.
If we do get a Melee HD, then there will be some changes. Knowing Sakurai...
I doubt much more than new playables. Probably based upon the UK/1.2 version at best.
I was just joking. That's all...
Fair enough.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's more Miyamoto. He'd have to first want to have a game ported to the Arcade. Technical fighters are the crazy there. I could see either of the first two games showing up before Brawl or 4. By doing an earlier game, you can release more games as sequels later and make more money that way.
Mind you, one could say we haven't played the SSB4 ourselves. So we can't judge whether it's deep or not right now, as there is no answer (at least, for us).

No need. All 5 of them are very easy to work with as normal-esque characters. Just takes some programming. Only the Hands are a little annoying, but that's because they have an HP meter. Giga Bowser is not nearly as good as people make him out to be. He's mediocre in Melee and worse in Brawl. The Wire Frames would be fine and perfectly balanced. Probably would have low gravity due to their lack of jumps. Alternatively, they could get a random set of B moves from a playable character(the full set, to note. So unless they got Jigglypuff or Yoshi, they got decent recovery option(s) from it)
Still, I can't find a decent reason for the life of me to go through all that time to include them other than hilarity potential.

I doubt much more than new playables. Probably based upon the UK/1.2 version at best.
Well, let's not rule it out just yet. There's nothing saying it can't happen.

Fair enough.
Still, it does make me wonder how it'll behave.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some programming is more than what would take for the Hands to work.
Not unless they are limited to Final Destination.

On the hypothetical that we get "SSBM HD", the only addition I can see is G-Bowser. (And yes, the hyphenated name is deliberate)

Like with Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Honey in Sonic the Fighters HD, it could be programmed to be a button combination while picking Bowser to be G-Bowser instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mind you, one could say we haven't played the SSB4 ourselves. So we can't judge whether it's deep or not right now, as there is no answer (at least, for us).
I doubt any would be ported anyway. But only bringing a game that can't be updated for a future release wouldn't be a great idea.

Still, I can't find a decent reason for the life of me to go through all that time to include them other than hilarity potential.
Because why not? Master Hand is playable in Melee via a glitch. Only issue is that it can freeze the game. Easy thing to fix. And if not, just have Giga Bowser and the Wire Frames playable instead. Won't be an issue.

Well, let's not rule it out just yet. There's nothing saying it can't happen.
That's the latest version of Melee. It's the most likely to be ported for overall mechanics.

Still, it does make me wonder how it'll behave.
Er, what? Did you mean "I'll behave" in that sentence?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I doubt any would be ported anyway. But only bringing a game that can't be updated for a future release wouldn't be a grat idea.
Well, it's just a theory. But long story short if they get anything I want a slice of that pie.

Because why not? Master Hand is playable in Melee via a glitch. Only issue is that it can freeze the game. Easy thing to fix. And if not, just have Giga Bowser and the Wire Frames playable instead. Won't be an issue.
Well, like I said.
Other than "for the lulz", there isn't much of a reason to put them in (maybe as an Easter Egg, but that's it).

That's the latest version of Melee. It's the most likely to be ported for overall mechanics.
I got that.
I'm referring to small modification to said system. Let's not rule that out yet.

Er, what? Did you mean "I'll behave" in that sentence?
Maybe we're getting mixed messages here.
I meant what will it do? And how it's used.
I personally think (implying it's a Final Smash here) that you'd suck in your opponents (oh good Lord this will be a thing won't it?), and after a certain period of time the Poltergust will explode. Causing anyone in it to be dealt high damage and knockback.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Adding Giga Bowser as a character would be kind of dumb

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, it's just a theory. But long story short if they get anything I want a slice of that pie.
Same.

Well, like I said.
Other than "for the lulz", there isn't much of a reason to put them in (maybe as an Easter Egg, but that's it).
At least 3 of them are regular characters by design. No reason to not make them playable in that version due to that alone. It's just for fun. Can't hurt.

I got that.
I'm referring to small modification to said system. Let's not rule that out yet.
I doubt any is needed. Just the small changes like making it so if you select Master or Crazy Hand, it automatically goes to Final Destination, having results screen for the 5 bosses. Very little is needed. :grin:

Maybe we're getting mixed messages here.
I meant what will it do? And how it's used.
I personally think (implying it's a Final Smash here) that you'd suck in your opponents (oh good Lord this will be a thing won't it?), and after a certain period of time the Poltergust will explode. Causing anyone in it to be dealt high damage and knockback.
With the specials shown, it could've been a taunt. He implied it could attack, at least the way I read it, but we don't know if it even does damage. If it's a Final Smash, yeah, it probably does damage. It's just a very weird situation, to be honest.

I thought you were saying "I'll be behave later and not go on about being right about the Final Smash", which is why I asked for a clarification. :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
:132:

At least 3 of them are regular characters by design. No reason to not make them playable in that version due to that alone. It's just for fun. Can't hurt.
I guess.
Though I still will hold on to it being an Easter Egg. At least, for Master/Crazy Hand. Maybe you'll have to do something for Giga Bowser.

I doubt any is needed. Just the small changes like making it so if you select Master or Crazy Hand, it automatically goes to Final Destination, having results screen for the 5 bosses. Very little is needed. :grin:
Probably. But Nintendo always does something with ports, for better or for worse.

With the specials shown, it could've been a taunt. He implied it could attack, at least the way I read it, but we don't know if it even does damage. If it's a Final Smash, yeah, it probably does damage. It's just a very weird situation, to be honest.
Well, I think the big thing here is we only have that one picture. We need more evidence before saying anything (this goes for my Final Smash statement as well. As for all we know I could be off the mark).

I thought you were saying "I'll be behave later and not go on about being right about the Final Smash", which is why I asked for a clarification. :)
Your sarcasm.
I see it...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess.
Though I still will hold on to it being an Easter Egg. At least, for Master/Crazy Hand. Maybe you'll have to do something for Giga Bowser.
Arcade games don't allow for easter eggs. Everything is unlocked from the start. It's not worth it since everything gets reset when it's unplugged.

Probably. But Nintendo always does something with ports, for better or for worse.
...Which I said what could be done? So yep.

Well, I think the big thing here is we only have that one picture. We need more evidence before saying anything (this goes for my Final Smash statement as well. As for all we know I could be off the mark).
Exactly. If he was doing the attack(whatever it is), it's good enough to say it's confirmed. But for now, it's a bit(annoyingly so) vague. Just enough to say "let's wait and see".

Your sarcasm.
I see it...
Wasn't being sarcastic whatsoever.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Arcade games don't allow for easter eggs. Everything is unlocked from the start. It's not worth it since everything gets reset when it's unplugged.
Not like that.
Like a "secret character" you play only through a code. No unlocking needed.

Wasn't being sarcastic whatsoever.
I dunno.
The smiley sure is strange...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So does anyone here happen to run a Minecraft server? I'm starting to get bored of my other ones.

Also, really hoping on that whole Pokken Fighters thing, even if we now know it's most likely not what was shown at the Pokémon game show. Sounds like an insta-buy to me, unless it's another Stadium/Battle Revolution. A new 3D RPG or a fighting game would be much preferred.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not like that.
Like a "secret character" you play only through a code. No unlocking needed.
Eh, only worth it on a console. Better to leave them all unlocked fully.

I dunno.
The smiley sure is strange...
It's a regular smile for a reason. It means I'm being sincere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom