• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was reading about FF theories

And while I don't like the "Squall is dead theory" It's basis is that "The game was more realistic in act 1"

I kind of like the "Rhinoa is Ultimecia theory"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can actually report it for anything, including that image is an impersonator account, but nothing will happen. It has to be sexually explicit.
It's expliciting me sexually

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While I personally thought the W101 had no chance being playable, I think its cool that they actually are getting recognition.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If it were a female character you wouldn't say anything. Sexist.
Depends if the female character gives you nightmares or not.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
True, it does assume that the Miis won't use the Find Mii icon. But quite frankly, there's no reason for them to. The Miis are so much more than just Find Mii, so it makes little to no sense to have them use an icon that ties them exclusively to that game and that game alone. Especially since the Find Mii stage is almost certainly not going to be on the Wii U version, so the symbol would lose its meaning on that version of the game. Again, there is no logical reason for them to have that as their icon.

So, to answer the question "why wouldn't Find Mii have used the Mii icon," there's a perfectly logical, believable explanation. Miis aren't playable, so Find Mii is just its own universe with no character tied to it.
Except that the find mii icon is also the favorite option that is required to be enabled to use miis on Wii U.

I'd say that's a logical reason to use that

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
GG Wonder Red, I guess. He would have been cool to play as. But he wasn't one of my top players or anything.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Except that the find mii icon is also the favorite option that is required to be enabled to use miis on Wii U.

I'd say that's a logical reason to use that
No, it's not the same. The two crowns have very different designs. If they wanted to make it a reference to the favorite option, why not base it directly off of it? Instead, it's based on the Find Mii crown. Shouldn't the symbol of the stage reflect the symbol of its character, and not the other way around?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hardly think that the icon is a valid reason to count out Miis.

I do think, however, that they took a major blow. Mii's main gimmick is that they're customize-able caricatures of the player, and they would have a completely customized moveset. Now you may think "but custom movesets are confirmed, that should make Miis all but confirmed too," but when you think about it:

-Every character can be customized to some extent now, that would basically be like giving everyone a Luma, it would remove Rosalina's uniqueness and make her a pointless inclusion. Miis could get in with a generic moveset, but what would they do that Villager hasn't already?
-Custom movesets can't be used online. If Miis were to still get in, they would likely have a fully customized moveset. While banning Miis from online due to a custom moveset is a clever way to go about the Penis/Jesus/Hitler face issue, I highly doubt they would leave out a single character like that.

There's still the possibility of Miis getting in with a generic moveset, but I don't think it's very likely. It would be like Rosalina being a Peach clone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With Dillon and Wonder Red both being disconfirmed in less than a week, this is a pretty accurate synopsis of many people's wish lists for this game:

Personally, I'm not phased at all. I didn't think either had that much of a chance but I know that both were pretty popular. They were never Mewtwo/Ridley or even Palutena/Takamaru/Issac levels of popular but there's no denying that a lot of people have outright shreded their wish lists after this week.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Unfortunately, it was sort of bound to happen since we're inching closer and closer to the release date of one of the games. Still I guess it could have been worse. It's not like K.Rool or Mewtwo got deconfirmed. Though I do like Dillion, so it'd be cool to see him in a future installment one of these days.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Those came out of nowhere didn't they... or have this been hinted at for awhile and I just haven't been paying attention?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never got to play the original Ruby or Sapphire. So this is something I can get behind. I wonder if all of the Hoenn starters will get Mega forms. Not that it matters to me, I'm sticking with Blaziken, since he's my favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
"The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

So, it IS going to be a sequel? I hope it is. Would be awesome to see Hoenn in a new way after the events in the originals. It would be interesting to see if in Alpha Sapphire if some cities were submerged in water or Mossdeep City's surroundings are a brand new route with lush trees and forests in Omega Ruby.

I mean, it was somewhat hinted in Black2/White2 how things have apparently changed in Hoenn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom