• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sounds like you don't have Xbox Live Gold. Can't select online options without it.

So I have to pay money to play online?

Well ****.

So much for for even trying to see how GoW would have played on satellite internet at midnight when gigs are free.

Figures.

Guess I'm sticking to campaign and bots. Oh well. It's still fun playing it like that, it's just more fun to play with actual people.

Are the games like mainly just online stuff? Are there no people in its community that get together to play in person like with smash?

Yikes. That is unfortunate. Glad I got a free digital copy of the first game when I bought a copy of Judgment.
It's a good thing the first GoW is relativity cheap. So getting a new copy shouldn't be a big hassle when I get so money on me. But yea it sucked. I wanted to go through the stories again from the beginning. But I had to skip to GoW2 now. Which is fine. I think GoW2 has the funnest campaign to it anyway, riding a Burmak is too good, while GoW 3 has the best multiplayer.

I haven't gotten Judgment yet though. But I do plan to buy it eventually.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
On a similar note. I was wanting to play through the trilogy's story again. So I was playing the first Gears game. During the middle of playing my 360 started making weird noises. So I turned it off. My disc was scratched up bad and cleaner wouldn't fix it. So now I need to buy myself another disk. e_e
Same exact thing happened to my Sonic 360 disk for apparently no reason. Except people won't believe mew when I tell them because apparently they think I sabotaged the disk myself so I wouldn't have to play it. Despite the fact that I love that game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Same exact thing happened to my Sonic 360 disk for apparently no reason. Except people won't believe mew when I tell them because apparently they think I sabotaged the disk myself so I wouldn't have to play it. Despite the fact that I love that game.
Ehhhh.

It didn't happen for no reason. I had a very very blonde moment. I piked up the console while the game was still running because I was being asked by one of my parents if it had a slot for something so I picked it up to look at the back to see. And then the noise started. I promptly turned it off. But the disk is ruined. But it is also completely my fault.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ehhhh.

It didn't happen for no reason. I had a very very blonde moment. I piked up the console while the game was still running because I was being asked by one of my parents if it had a slot for something so I picked it up to look at the back to see. And then the noise started. I promptly turned it off. But the disk is ruined. But it is also completely my fault.
Oooooh yeah that'll do it. Still sucks though.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Let's get some 80s music in here, eh?

Something about this music makes me wanna watch a clown hold a teenager that died in his arms that night after the clown took an ice cream scooper and scooped his brains out... I'm the only one that saw "Stitches", aren't I?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Something about this music makes me wanna watch a clown hold a teenager that died in his arms that night after the clown took an ice cream scooper and scooped his brains out... I'm the only one that saw "Stitches", aren't I?
*after looking online*
Great, now I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight.
Thanks for that... :glare:

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So I found the best gif ever....

but it only really makes sense if you played a layton game before. if you don't it's kinda weird. (still is weird if you played layton, don't get me wrong)

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Has anyone else been playing Marip Golf: World Tour? It's actually pretty fun, and I hate Miis way less.

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
Has anyone else been playing Marip Golf: World Tour? It's actually pretty fun, and I hate Miis way less.
Yeah it is a great game, online is great and customization is always a plus.

Do the miis talk in that game? How are their voices?
Not sure about female (dont have a female mii) but male voice is good, suits the "mii" quite well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people keep on thinking Wizards have ANY chance against Jedi knights

Wizards may have a death spell, which only the most evil of evil perfect (Some others may KNOW it, but don't use it enough to actually perfect it)

But Jedi's have wiped out entire planets

Not to mention if they are going to use dark magic, why not include sith powers. Darth Nihilus anyone? Consumed the entire planet's life energy

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
urrgh the day the 3ds version of smash 4 is released cannot and I repeat CANNOT come soon enough! Cpu's just aint doing it for me no more! I need better sustenance! I need...(in evil creepy voice) THE FLESH OF THE SCRUBS TO NOURISH MY APPETITE FOR COMPETITION!!!! (competition from people with actual skill is also welcome ;) )

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I can wait.
Besides, I'm gonna have to catch up on all the Mega Man games they're releasing.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Do the miis talk in that game? How are their voices?
Yeah like DeanFry said, the voices aren't annoying at all, they really suit the character.

Yeah it is a great game, online is great and customization is always a plus.

Not sure about female (dont have a female mii) but male voice is good, suits the "mii" quite well.
The online is awesome. Let's hope its a sign of things to come. Can't wait for more tournaments.

Also, Kamek is a boss.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, let's spread a message that all African Americans are these thugs that don't read, like to shoot, wear bling (with golden teeth), have a foul mouth, and be the most annoying ****s that any non-black person wouldn't want to be around. I've stopped watching Michael Bay's trashy films for that reason alone.
This is why I don't like most memes with black people in them because the punchline is basically:

I have a lot of black friends that outwardly resent their own race and I don't think that's right.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a lot of black friends that outwardly resent their own race and I don't think that's right.
Are they really hating their race?

Or stereotypical black culture?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are they really hating their race?

Or stereotypical black culture?
Hard to say. Some of them act like they regret being born black. Being white, there's not all too much I can really say on the topic. I can only relate to a really small degree because I resent the overall culture of the city I live in (a belt buckle of the Bible Belt college town) and can't wait to get out of here.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Hard to say. Some of them act like they regret being born black. Being white, there's not all too much I can really say on the topic. I can only relate to a really small degree because I resent the overall culture of the city I live in (a belt buckle of the Bible Belt college town) and can't wait to get out of here.
You know what's funny? The "Can't wait to get out of here" trope is more common than you'd think. My reasoning for wanting to get out of Georgia (for the most part) has nothing to do with culture, but I can tell you every waking moment I'm sick of this place.

And... Somehow that doesn't surprise me, but that'd shock me more if those types of people were in Georgia.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's really more like this. There's black people. Then there's *******. Yes, I said *******. Unfortunately, the latter mostly make up the image of black people in people's heads. The latter are reflective of most negative black stereotypes.

Aside from that, there's also feeling like they may not fit to the European standard (un)intentionally set by media. I felt the same with that for the longest time.

You know what's funny? The "Can't wait to get out of here" trope is more common than you'd think. My reasoning for wanting to get out of Georgia (for the most part) has nothing to do with culture, but I can tell you every waking moment I'm sick of this place.

And... Somehow that doesn't surprise me, but that'd shock me more if those types of people were in Georgia.
For me, it's a general close mindedness where I live. Then there's just how I've always felt there's never been much of anything relevant to my interests where I live. All the things people love to do in the New Orleans area I have no interest in.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

this is true. case in point: every rock song ever

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So I have to pay money to play online?

Well ****.

So much for for even trying to see how GoW would have played on satellite internet at midnight when gigs are free.

Figures.

Guess I'm sticking to campaign and bots. Oh well. It's still fun playing it like that, it's just more fun to play with actual people.
If you sign up for XBL, you could still get a month for free.

Either way, all the gigs in the world wouldn't make the online be any less laggy. The majority of the servers support other newer games, and the regional connection bit means you'll most likely play with people south of the border. The stereotype being that all Mexicans have stolen dial-up internet/Wi-Fi/lag like a ************. Being Hispanic myself, I get a lot of cool guys ****-talking me on a daily basis. Good thing I'm used to worse in person.

Are the games like mainly just online stuff? Are there no people in its community that get together to play in person like with smash?
Well ever since MLG dropped Gears 2, pretty much. LAN parties aren't unheard of, but the thing the majority of the community plays for is the online multiplayer. Personally I like Horde and Campaign better, but I play MP since that's what my friends do. They do have leaderboards for highest Campaign/Horde scores, which I used to do as well.

It's a good thing the first GoW is relativity cheap. So getting a new copy shouldn't be a big hassle when I get so money on me. But yea it sucked. I wanted to go through the stories again from the beginning. But I had to skip to GoW2 now. Which is fine. I think GoW2 has the funnest campaign to it anyway, riding a Burmak is too good, while GoW 3 has the best multiplayer.
2's Campaign/difficulty and maps are all my favorite, as well. 2 actually had my favorite competitive scene, but by the time I got into it, everybody was already moving on to Gears 3, and the Title Updates pretty much wrecked the multiplayer balance. 3 is pretty much the universal "favorite/best" game in terms of content, but the weapon balance is ******* about to hell and back in multiplayer. I won't even mention Judgment considering it's a bigger base-breaker than Brawl was to the Smash community.

Basically to the pros/vets/cool people, 1 >/= 2 >>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Judgment.

I haven't gotten Judgment yet though. But I do plan to buy it eventually.
If you're looking for Campaign shenanigans, arguably this one has the best in the series thanks to the Declassification System. However a lot of the changes to the game (button layout is vastly different, movement is quicker/less strict (you can jump off buildings/cliffs and stuff at a cost to your health) and multiplayer no longer has "Down But Not Out") make it much less appealing to many of the returning fans. The schism is greater than the one between Melee and Brawl fans.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It's cliche and I know a lot of people around me feel the exact same way. If anything, I just miss traveling. In my early college years I was leaving the country every year for someplace new but I'm so poor and busy now that I can hardly afford to leave the state.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It'll work out hopefully dude, but yeah it really is cliche. As late as yesterday I thought about how I don't want to be here forever, me and this guy were driving for work and he said that this area was where he grew up...it was like 10 minutes from shop. Screw that like seriously.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Smashbordians help. I have an Under The Sea themed party this weekend and need a costume. I was going to go as a Blooper but my costume made me look like a member of a certain racial supremacist group. Any suggestions? I dont wanna go as a boring old fish.

Joke suggestions will also be well recieved depending on hilarity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smashbordians help. I have an Under The Sea themed party this weekend and need a costume. I was going to go as a Blooper but my costume made me look like a member of a certain racial supremacist group. Any suggestions? I dont wanna go as a boring old fish.

Go as a Sea Bass. Most interesting fish you can get~ :awesome:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

If you want to get people talking, I recommend the Inverted Merman.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If you sign up for XBL, you could still get a month for free.

Either way, all the gigs in the world wouldn't make the online be any less laggy. The majority of the servers support other newer games, and the regional connection bit means you'll most likely play with people south of the border. The stereotype being that all Mexicans have stolen dial-up internet/Wi-Fi/lag like a mother****er. Being Hispanic myself, I get a lot of cool guys ****-talking me on a daily basis. Good thing I'm used to worse in person.

I don't even have a mic, so that really wouldn't be an issue for me.

I just am unable to pay of Gold right now. And I dislike signing up for something for like a month and if I enjoy it I can't keep it.

Well ever since MLG dropped Gears 2, pretty much. LAN parties aren't unheard of, but the thing the majority of the community plays for is the online multiplayer. Personally I like Horde and Campaign better, but I play MP since that's what my friends do. They do have leaderboards for highest Campaign/Horde scores, which I used to do as well.

2's Campaign/difficulty and maps are all my favorite, as well. 2 actually had my favorite competitive scene, but by the time I got into it, everybody was already moving on to Gears 3, and the Title Updates pretty much wrecked the multiplayer balance. 3 is pretty much the universal "favorite/best" game in terms of content, but the weapon balance is *****ed about to hell and back in multiplayer. I won't even mention Judgment considering it's a bigger base-breaker than Brawl was to the Smash community.

Basically to the pros/vets/cool people, 1 >/= 2 >>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Judgment.

Hrmmm. That's interesting. From what I have been told and have read, people dislike GoW2's multiplayer because of how it strayed from how people played GoW1 competitively, I think it was going from a strategy shooter to an arena based shooter (or was it the other way around, I forget what it was exactly), and how GoW 3 went back to what people liked the how Judgment ****ted on it. But it looks like I have been misinformed.

All I know iw. As long as the way I like to play is viable, mediium to long range (basically I prefer to have the Lancer as the main weapon and will shift between the Longshot, Tourque Bow,and Boom Shot for secondary) as I like to be in the back lines sniping people off and providing support for any teammates, I really wouldn't care which is is played the most competitively.

I would probably be content with Horde/Beast/Campaign multiplayer myself but the first 2 are in no way fun by myself and I don;t really know anyone IRL. Live in a RV park, in a online public school (not that I would socalize that much in a regular school seeing as I would basically be a wallflower), and only get to play Smash with people when someone in my region hosts a fest at a reasonable time for me >_>. It really sucks not having a friend irl to hang out with. e_e

If you're looking for Campaign shenanigans, arguably this one has the best in the series thanks to the Declassification System. However a lot of the changes to the game (button layout is vastly different, movement is quicker/less strict (you can jump off buildings/cliffs and stuff at a cost to your health) and multiplayer no longer has "Down But Not Out") make it much less appealing to many of the returning fans. The schism is greater than the one between Melee and Brawl fans.
Wait wait wait. The button layout is vastly different? Like how? There is no way at all to change it to the style I would be more used to?

I'll probably get it anyway just for the campaign anyways. But I don't like the sound of a different button layout. But as long as their is a Carmine, honestly the Carmines have been one of my most favorite tropes I have seen in a video game, I'll probably be content. lol

It's also surprising to hear the a different competitive community had/has a bigger schism then Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom