• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Good luck having a pro Bowser player in Melee. 2nd worst character in the game pretty much. Only Pichu beats it in terms of worst characters.
That's the point, though. The tier list says he sucks, but tiers are for queers. There are multiple Bowser mains that rock competitively. but that's in Melee. And the list of tourney viable characters in Melee is much more diverse than Brawl.
Melee has Fox, Falco, Marth, Ice Climbers, Peach, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario....Brawl has Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong and Olimar. And Meta Knight far surpasses the other three I listed.

I prefer Project M myself. I can actually make the fit me by putting in music I like more, textures I like(I gave up on character textures for the most part though), and portrait screens I like. I can basically make to where it reflects my tastes basically.
Project M doesn't count. No offense, but it somewhat upsets me that everyone considers Project M to be the real "Melee and Brawl fusion" when it's really just Brawl with altered physics and drastically altered characters.

It's especially frustrating to see people say "Smash Bros 4 will suck, I'm just go play Project M."

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That's the point, though. The tier list says he sucks, but tiers are for queers. There are multiple Bowser mains that rock competitively. but that's in Melee. And the list of tourney viable characters in Melee is much more diverse than Brawl.
Melee has Fox, Falco, Marth, Ice Climbers, Peach, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario....Brawl has Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong and Olimar. And Meta Knight far surpasses the other three I listed.
And just how high do they ever place in a national tourney where there are the likes of M2K or Mango. Has a Bowser ever mad it into the top 16, heck top 32, of a national, or even regional, tournament? They may be good players but they are arguably held back by their character.

Arguably speaking. Since Seagull was able to get his Wolf 9th place at Apex 2014 that any tier at Wolf's level or higher is tournament viable. The only problem is the saturation of MK players.

Project M doesn't count. No offense, but it somewhat upsets me that everyone considers Project M to be the real "Melee and Brawl fusion" when it's really just Brawl with altered physics and drastically altered characters.

It's especially frustrating to see people say "Smash Bros 4 will suck, I'm just go play Project M."
I see Project M a real entry of the Smash game despite being a mod. I consider it equal with 64, Melee, and Brawl. I think it counts. That's all that matters when I say I prefer X game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I see Project M a real entry of the Smash game despite being a mod. I consider it equal with 64, Melee, and Brawl. I think it counts. That's all that matters when I say I prefer X game.
It isn't a real entry to the series, it's literally not a real entry. It's modded Brawl with some Melee mechanics.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It isn't a real entry to the series, it's literally not a real entry. It's modded Brawl with some Melee mechanics.
Same. It will never count because it wasn't made in any official capacity. It wasn't even licensed by Nintendo or Sakurai to make, forced or not. I'll easily count the CD-i games as a real entry(just not canon) because they were licensed by Nintendo to be created. Regardless of quality or canon.

It's completely a fangame and nothing more. Quality is another story, which I can't speak for, since I never played it.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Same. It will never count because it wasn't made in any official capacity. It wasn't even licensed by Nintendo or Sakurai to make, forced or not. I'll easily count the CD-i games as a real entry(just not canon) because they were licensed by Nintendo to be created. Regardless of quality or canon.

It's completely a fangame and nothing more. Quality is another story, which I can't speak for, since I never played it.
I'm gonna have to agree, even though those games are not just bad Zelda games, but actually awful games.

I didn't like Project M that much because I never got Melee's advanced competitive techniques. The only reason I like it is because I don't have to hack my Wii/U to play it, it has Mewtwo and Roy, and alternate costumes and stages are cool. Other than that, it doesn't hold my attention that long.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So as a result of that recent job listing from Retro Studios, everyone is back to discussing what Retro might be making now.

And here I am still wondering what Next Level Games is working on. I understood they were working on something Nintendo related when they got the OK to make Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Given that Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was a really good game (seriously, if you haven't played it yet, go do so), and the Punch-Out reboot on Wii was also really good... I'm actually just a bit more interested in what they're doing next.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So as a result of that recent job listing from Retro Studios, everyone is back to discussing what Retro might be making now.

And here I am still wondering what Next Level Games is working on. I understood they were working on something Nintendo related when they got the OK to make Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Given that Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was a really good game (seriously, if you haven't played it yet, go do so), and the Punch-Out reboot on Wii was also really good... I'm actually just a bit more interested in what they're doing next.
Obviously they're making Clu Clu Land.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Obviously they're making Clu Clu Land.
Ah darn. I was kinda hoping for either an HD Punch-Out sequel or a third Mario Strikers game.

Then again, one thing I like about Next Level Games is that they are really good at showing off personality with the characters. Like in the Mario Strikers games or Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, the characters are brimming with personality and it's quite fun to watch. This trait carries over to Punch-Out Wii (you like Aran Ryan and you know it, cheeseburgers in your gloves or not). I think some kind of new Wario Land or Wario World game would be right up their alley.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
But you said "think" something that isn't an opinion, it is factually wrong.

Now, if you had said, "I think Project M stands on it's own from the actual games", then it would have been a different story.
By "real entry" I meant in terms of how creative it is, which it is, fun to play, and stuff like that. It's just as good as 64, Melee, and Brawl and has the same amount of creativeness despite only being a mod.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm gonna have to agree, even though those games are not just bad Zelda games, but actually awful games.
Oddly enough, they got fairly decent reviews back in the day. So it may not be that case for a lot of people. If I ever play them, I'll review them. I'm really bad at Zelda II, so... either way, that voice acting is funny.

I didn't like Project M that much because I never got Melee's advanced competitive techniques. The only reason I like it is because I don't have to hack my Wii/U to play it, it has Mewtwo and Roy, and alternate costumes and stages are cool. Other than that, it doesn't hold my attention that long.
I had no issues with Melee's advanced stuff, and liked having it in. That said, I don't want to hack my Wii for a fangame, ultimately. The only thing I really like are the music/graphic mods and putting in L-Cancelling, the only technique I want back from Melee that was taken out of Brawl. I don't care about Wavedashing, even though it's a perfectly fine tech. Just needs to be far less useless for characters like Bowser. It only benefits the characters who are fairly good without it. :/

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I had no issues with Melee's advanced stuff, and liked having it in. That said, I don't want to hack my Wii for a fangame, ultimately. The only thing I really like are the music/graphic mods and putting in L-Cancelling, the only technique I want back from Melee that was taken out of Brawl. I don't care about Wavedashing, even though it's a perfectly fine tech. Just needs to be far less useless for characters like Bowser. It only benefits the characters who are fairly good without it. :/
You don't have to hack you Wii.

All you need is a 2GB or less capacity SD card download the hackless version onto it, http://projectmgame.com/en/download, put the SD card into the Wii, boot up Brawl and then go to stage builder. It does require you deleting all custom stages you might have though, but unless your really into them that isn't a big deal. It is actually fairly simple.

I didn't have Project M for the same reason basically. Didn't want to/couldn't hack my Wii. But then I found out about the hackless method.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hey guys, a little help here. I'm adding Dillon to my rejected characters list since he now has Assist Trophy status permanently, should I do the same to Toon Zelda? She seems less plausible now that there are no more transformation characters and that Zelda herself can control Phantom Knight. What do you guys think? Remove Toon Zelda as well?

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hey guys, a little help here. I'm adding Dillon to my rejected characters list since he now has Assist Trophy status permanently, should I do the same to Toon Zelda? She seems less plausible now that there are no more transformation characters and that Zelda herself can control Phantom Knight. What do you guys think? Remove Toon Zelda as well?

If it were me, I'd say wait for official confirmation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No, that is really just speculation. It would be best to stick to official disconfirmations.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toon Zelda hasn't been officially disconfirmed yet. When Sakurai was describing the Phantom he was referring to it as "A Phantom" so it seems to have no correlations with the ones Toon Zelda possesses.

The only Transformational Zelda character I wouldn't count on seeing is Toon Sheik as it no longer has much of a purpose anymore as it was meant to be Toon Zelda's transformation as Sheik was for Zelda. With transformations gone, Toon Zelda can now become playable without her just fine now.

Hope that helps.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You don't have to hack you Wii.

All you need is a 2GB or less capacity SD card download the hackless version onto it, http://projectmgame.com/en/download, put the SD card into the Wii, boot up Brawl and then go to stage builder. It does require you deleting all custom stages you might have though, but unless your really into them that isn't a big deal. It is actually fairly simple.

I didn't have Project M for the same reason basically. Didn't want to/couldn't hack my Wii. But then I found out about the hackless method.
Not even willing to do that. I know it's not literal hacking. But from what I remember, you're still putting unofficial data onto the Wii itself. I refuse to do that no matter what. At least my main one. I'd like to be able to send it in for repairs if necessary. Also, it's online, meaning that stuff gets removed any way. I will not change bricking my Wii for a mod I give zero craps about in the end. Not worth the risk in any way.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Welp...

They're trying something different.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So I gained ownership of the Phoenix Wright thread in Character Discussion, been working on it for the past hour.

what's going on here?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Toon Zelda hasn't been officially disconfirmed yet. When Sakurai was describing the Phantom he was referring to it as "A Phantom" so it seems to have no correlations with the ones Toon Zelda possesses.

The only Transformational Zelda character I wouldn't count on seeing is Toon Sheik as it no longer has much of a purpose anymore as it was meant to be Toon Zelda's transformation as Sheik was for Zelda. With transformations gone, Toon Zelda can now become playable without her just fine now.

Hope that helps.
It wouldn't really make much point but i see were your going with that i still don't see it possible for a toon sheik in my opinon but i guess as they say anything is possible idk i mean toon link is really wind waker link so i just wonder where how would toon sheik work that's all

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hard to tell. They just showed cinematic scenes.

But honestly, it looks like Black Ops 2 all over again. Futuristic mechs and perks
Reminds me of Sony's E3 presentation last year

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Just any Cd-i stuff would be better than Navi and Fi combined

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, Sword Kirby now has Link's Skyward Strike and his spin attack. Should've seen that coming to be honest...

Also, Bomb is still my favorite ability. <3

Now that actually got to use spear I also like that ability. Bell is my favorite of the new abilities. I like Beetle, but Circus is kinda meh. :/

Oh, I almost forget archer. I love archer as much as bell actually. <3

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
My day:

Disappointment thanks to Dillon being thrown in as an AT... At least he's in the game. But so disappointing.

Playing Kirby Triple Deluxe and enjoying it. And Kirby dodgerolls and air dodges now!

And this I found on Facebook:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
My day:

Disappointment thanks to Dillon being thrown in as an AT... At least he's in the game. But so disappointing.

Playing Kirby Triple Deluxe and enjoying it. And Kirby dodgerolls and air dodges now!

And this I found on Facebook:

my only reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom