• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I honestly don't know why so many people are jumping on the Ridley disconfirmed train. Even those who support him. All because of the Sakurai tease?

Personally I think the opposite and think he has an even better chance of getting in now. And I don't even care if he gets in.

That is actually really, legitimately gross.
das the point. Do'h!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I honestly don't know why so many people are jumping on the Ridley disconfirmed train. Even those who support him. All because of the Sakurai tease?

Personally I think the opposite and think he has an even better chance of getting in now. And I don't even care if he gets in.
I think, it's better to accept that he's disconfirmed.

That way, the possibility that he actually is doesn't phase you, and possibility he's really playable pleases you even more.

I don't know how many people are actually doing that, but I certainly am.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think, it's better to accept that he's disconfirmed.

That way, the possibility that he actually is doesn't phase you, and possibility he's really playable pleases you even more.

I don't know how many people are actually doing that, but I certainly am.
Well. I don't even care if he gets in in the first place. The only reason I semi-support him is because dragon. But I would be fine with any other dragon as well instead of him.

So yea. Maybe that's why. :L

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well. I don't even care if he gets in in the first place. The only reason I semi-support him is because dragon. But I would be fine with any other dragon as well instead of him.

So yea. Maybe that's why. :L
That's what I would think of him...if not for the people here.

Before, he seemed like an impossibility.
Now, I can't bear to be so many people to be let down so hard again. No other character has this effect on me.

This video sold Ridley for me.

0:34

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's what I would think of him...if not for the people here.

Before, he seemed like an impossibility.
Now, I can't bear to be so many people to be let down so hard again. No other character has this effect on me.

This video sold Ridley for me.

0:34
Not to be a debbie downer, but there will never be another Melee. Closed-minded people will stay with Melee, but Smash 4 will not be as big of a jump as Brawl, so I expect not as big of a rift in the community like Melee VS. Brawl.

EDIT: But I'm not saying you think like that at all! Sorry, I meant to word that differently... :facepalm:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What is it with all these Debbie downers??

Ghirahim should not be synonymous with being frowns all around!

Ahem.

I posted that because of of that one guy who really wants Ridley. I prefer Brawl.
Good Ol' fan names. :laugh:

Seriously? You prefer BRAWL TO MELEE?!!?

Me too. :p

I've played more Brawl than Melee. Heck, I've played more 64 than Melee!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Good Ol' fan names. :laugh:

Melee plays better overall, and not just because of the techniques.

Because it runs better, the physics are slightly better, the characters are way more balanced (good look being a proffessional Bowser user in Brawl) the items are more fun and less broken, the music is top-notch.

But Brawl has better characters and customizable music.. So Brawl wins. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Melee plays better overall, and not just because of the techniques.

Because it runs better, the physics are slightly better, the characters are way more balanced (good look being a professional Bowser user in Brawl) the items are more fun and less broken, the music is top-notch.

Agreed. Let's hope for the best of both worlds in SSB4.

Melee bros just have to learn that they will never get another Melee.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Agreed. Let's hope for the best of both worlds in SSB4.

Melee bros just have to learn that they will never get another Melee.
I think most of them know that at this point. I have really, really high expectations for this game. If it even comes close to them, it will likely be my favorite game. Ever.

It already has my favorite vets returning, and My Music returns too.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think most of them know that at this point. I have really, really high expectations for this game. If it even comes close to them, it will likely be my favorite game. Ever.

It already has my favorite vets returning, and My Music returns too.
Don't forget about the HD. Those Modern gamers love them' pretty graphics. :p

Personally, I'm excited for new and vet. characters, music, and hopefully a new competitive community mindset.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't forget about the HD. Those Modern gamers love them' pretty graphics. :p

Personally, I'm excited for new and vet. characters, music, and hopefully a new competitive community mindset.
Oh yeah, that HD is so smexy.
While we're on that subject, holy crap.

Dillon looks so amazing.

He looks more detailed and polished than a lot of the characters (notably the DK ones), though that's probably because standing around looking cool is all he does other than rolling around.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Same. Plus, people seem to forget that the whole Toon Link fiasco happened.

Who's to say Ridley COULDN'T be another Toon Link/Alfonzo scenario?

And like you, I really don't care either way about Ridley, either. Palutena is the only character I really care about at this point. Bandana Dee is a bonus.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Does anyone else have an hierarchy of supported characters? As in, if the one on top doesn't get in, you'll be satisfied with the next one in line?

Example, mine.

1. Ghirahim
2. Lucina
3. Ridley
4. Mach Rider
5. Paper Mario

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh yeah, that HD is so smexy.
While we're on that subject, holy crap.

Dillon looks so amazing.

He looks more detailed and polished than a lot of the characters (notably the DK ones), though that's probably because standing around looking cool is all he does other than rolling around.
I just sat and looked at it for like 5 mins. It's SOOOO GREAT! While he's not playable, he looks better than some of the playible Wii U characters!

I assume this is because the assist trophy department has to make a model that will do one thing, and the character designers are still working on the finer details, then moving to the touch-ups.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Does anyone else have an hierarchy of supported characters? As in, if the one on top doesn't get in, you'll be satisfied with the next one in line?

Example, mine.

1. Ghirahim
2. Lucina
3. Ridley
4. Mach Rider
5. Paper Mario

Mine would be

1. Paper Mario
2. Ridley
3. King k Rool
4. Palutena
5. Girahim

have a VERY STRONG support on the first 2 especially paper mario. The last three is just there because I would somehow like them to be in while having no disappointment if they aren't,

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hellooooooooooo SmashBoards!

Ya'll missed me!?
Oh hi. Welcome back, I suppose. I just realized you haven't been here in a while, indeed.

Also (and I'm late on this), I noticed some people were talking about the well-known (memetic even?) opening song of the Attack on Titan anime. The song's name is Guren no Yumiya, which is Japanese for "crimson bow and arrow".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw IGN's review of Kirby Triple Deluxe and it was a horrible review

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Being the only of his kind, if Knuckles ever meets a female there is going to be some confusing things to learn about his species.

Like laying eggs and the fact that instead of nipples, they have milk sacks under their skin and the milk oozes from pores

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I posted that because of of that one guy who really wants Ridley. I prefer Brawl.

I prefer Project M myself. I can actually make the fit me by putting in music I like more, textures I like(I gave up on character textures for the most part though), and portrait screens I like. I can basically make to where it reflects my tastes basically.

the characters are way more balanced (good look being a proffessional Bowser user in Brawl)
Good luck having a pro Bowser player in Melee. 2nd worst character in the game pretty much. Only Pichu beats it in terms of worst characters.

The only viable characters in Melee are the top 8 and some of the ones in A tier. And Yoshis, or should I say AMSA xD.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh, by the way, Android 16 is Gero's son and Android 19 is based on a doll/war trophy.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/db-full-color-artificial-humans-cell-arc-03/

There've been a few big bombshells coming out in regards to the Dragon Ball story as of late. Mr Satan's real name, why his ring name is Mr Satan, why Mr Satan does that "ooh my stomach hurts" thing to begin with, why exactly Elder Kaioshin was trapped in the Z-Sword, and of course Goku's mother. All kinds of little goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom