• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like R.O.B. was in Mario Kart DS?
Not even close. R.O.B. was a normal playable character. Also, the game itself has no real story, but where it has one, R.O.B. can be in it via the GP(which is essentially story mode).

DLC characters, unless they have some kind of story(or are notable within the game itself), are just nothing but cameos by default. Also, cameos are unnotable appearances as references to other games. Link in Super Mario RPG is just a cameo. He's just a fun little appearance. He adds nothing to the game otherwise. Yoshi in it was no cameo and actually did something necessary for you within the game. He's part of one of the mini-games as is.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's no news that Nintendo is trying (and in some parts succeeded) to break the Mario franchise into many different sub-franchises.
Yoshi once in a while has his own Island game and appears rarely in Mario platformers (I think New Super Mario Bros. Wii and WiiU are the only ones since Sunshine).
Wario has his Wario Ware / Game & Wario shtick, he never appeared in any major platformers and at this point he probably never will.
Donkey Kong is now Donkey Kong Country and nothing else, I think he isn't even playable in games like Mario Party anymore.
Luigi hopefully is detaching himself into Luigi's Mansion which is a great franchise (Luigi's Mansion WiiU please), but I guess he'll always be playable in platformers and Mario & Luigi games.
They even tried to do something for Peach (Super Princess Peach) but I guess it didn't work. Maybe they're trying something like that with Rosalina but I wouldn't understand why didn't they simply created a new franchise instead of pushing a character from a known franchise. Well that's Nintendo.

I hope Toad / Captain Toad will have their own eShop line of games based on the minigame in Mario 3D World, that was brilliant. I can't see it become a full-fledged retail product though.

Wario's first appearance was as the last boss in a Mario platformer (Mario Land 2) and he has his own platformer series (Wario Land, even had a Wii entry.)

Yoshi was also in Galaxy 2. He really needs his own Villain, I think it's the use of Bowser (and the baby characters) that really keeps Yoshi from ever feeling like a distinct series. I always thought he should just steal the Subcon villains from Super Mario Bros 2..... he already fights Shy Guys and Birdo, Mouser, and Wart have been horribly neglected over the years.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
And Marth doesn't appear any more in Fire Emblem: Awakening than Meta Knight does in KTD(if not less). Yet Marth was connected to that game in the US.
Actually Marth has a very big chunk to do with Awakening what with that chick pretending to be Marth and all of that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually Marth has a very big chunk to do with Awakening what with that chick pretending to be Marth and all of that.
Not really. That's no less a cameo. It's a matter of the real thing showing up in the actual main game. Which he fails spectacularly to do. Point still stands. Meta Knight has a cameo, and people thinking he might've been revealed today since he appeared in the game is perfectly reasonable. There was nothing illogical about it and people need to seriously stop thinking that.

She's not the real Marth, and the real one doesn't show up beyond a cameo via DLC. It just doesn't count. He himself has no real bearing on the story.

Also, remember to close your spoiler tags. :/

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I love the character design in the Dillon games. I would love to see some of the side characters be spun off into a cartoony third person shooter, could be a fun way for Nintendo to have a new multiplayer TPS franchise. There is still a lot they can do with the action/tower defense mechanics in the main Dillon games, although it kind of got old after a while in the first one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Such delicious tears, I laugh at every situation were the average Christian expresses their dislike for the LGBT community. Which makes me fear what our society would be like without them.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Not really. That's no less a cameo. It's a matter of the real thing showing up in the actual main game. Which he fails spectacularly to do. Point still stands. Meta Knight has a cameo, and people thinking he might've been revealed today since he appeared in the game is perfectly reasonable. There was nothing illogical about it and people need to seriously stop thinking that.

She's not the real Marth, and the real one doesn't show up beyond a cameo via DLC. It just doesn't count. He himself has no real bearing on the story.

Also, remember to close your spoiler tags. :/
OK fine. I guess I just am a stupid person. I apparently don't know the ins and outs of spoiler tags even though the post in question is still hidden within the spoiler. I guess I'll just seriously stop thinking that and anything else for that matter. I really ought to just stop stating my opinion and just resort to goofy comments and such, since whenever I voice any such thing I'm apparently wrong, whether it be harmless Bayonetta speculation or this whole mess. I hate having opinions.

I guess I'll just silence and accept my hobby as an Internet clown and leave the speculation to the people that are right.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OK fine. I guess I just am a stupid person. I apparently don't know the ins and outs of spoiler tags even though the post in question is still hidden within the spoiler. I guess I'll just seriously stop thinking that and anything else for that matter. I really ought to just stop stating my opinion and just resort to goofy comments and such, since whenever I voice any such thing I'm apparently wrong, whether it be harmless Bayonetta speculation or this whole mess. I hate having opinions.

I guess I'll just silence and accept my hobby as an Internet clown and leave the speculation to the people that are right.
C'mon, no need for an attitude like that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Such delicious tears, I laugh at every situation were the average Christian expresses their dislike for the LGBT community. Which makes me fear what our society would be like without them.
Heck, I'm an Agnostic. And even I know to "Love thy neighbor as thyself".

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
And Marth doesn't appear any more in Fire Emblem: Awakening than Meta Knight does in KTD(if not less). Yet Marth was connected to that game in the US.
To keep things in perspective.

On the Japan site he was linked to Heroes of Light and Shadow but we couldn't get that linked to us because it was never released out of the USA. Also Marth was only linked to Awakening and not actually revealed for it. It's a different scenario over all.

Has nothing to do with the story. Doesn't count any more than Ike or Roy. Again, it's the same difference as Meta Knight in KTD. A cameo at best.
I would argue that appearance in the game overall matters more then just in the story. Because otherwise it is being assumed Smash cares about canon.

Now I'm not saying it's not a illogical argument to see the MK could have had a possibility of being revealed for that Kirby game, just that Marth was a different case from MK in that situation.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
C'mon, no need for an attitude like that.
Look, all I wanna do is post my thoughts and speculation and not get screamed at for a change. Last time I checked, that wasn't illegal. I don't get upset very often, as I'm sure a mod such as yourself should know. But since this seems to happen all the time whenever I open my mouth... my emotions are starting to pour out a bit. I can only take so much.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Look, all I wanna do is post my thoughts and speculation and not get screamed at for a change. Last time I checked, that wasn't illegal. I don't get upset very often, as I'm sure a mod such as yourself should know. But since this seems to happen all the time whenever I open my mouth... my emotions are starting to pour out a bit. I can only take so much.
I understand. Most of the users are quite polite and friendly, so I suppose that you just had a bit of bad luck.

Still, this is but an internet forum. If someone's comment bothers you, don't ever take them personally. If someone is being troublesome, report it, and we can help.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, last night I tried to get some sleep.
Little do I know that the fire alarm next door has low batteries (which will gladly remind you with a loud "beep" every minute).
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what happened next.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Cheer up chum! We're all Super Smash Bros. fans here (so by default every user here has good taste in games:awesome:). So, I see no issue with stating your opinion, you're neither right or wrong, just be careful in your wording and conscious of other's feelings.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, last night I tried to get some sleep.
Little do I know that the fire alarm next door has low batteries (which will gladly remind you with a loud "beep" every minute).
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what happened next.
You're still sleep deprived and it's making you go slightly insane?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Maybe some of you already know this but there is a Youtube artist that recreates the songs from trailers and he's recently uploaded the newest trailer(Charizard and Greninja). Here's a link, it sounds good.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It was flooded?
No.
See, the fire alarms in this house (and next door, they're connected) are battery powered.
So, whenever it's low, it uses a loud beep and exclaims "low battery".
Now, put that on loop every minute and you have the most irritating sound possible.

The kicker? This isn't the worst time it's happened. Not even in the top three.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Maybe some of you already know this but there is a Youtube artist that recreates the songs from trailers and he's recently uploaded the newest trailer(Charizard and Greninja). Here's a link, it sounds good.
I once put that trailer to Attack On Titan's First opening. (Shingeko No Kyojin)

Speaking of AoT..

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No.
See, the fire alarms in this house (and next door, they're connected) are battery powered.
Now, put that on loop every minute and you have the most irritating sound possible.

Can't tell if being deadpan or you actually took my post seriously.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No.

Not in the top three? Well that has to suck. Can I guess one? I'm guessing that a baby ended up waking up because of it, right?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not in the top three? Well that has to suck. Can I guess one? I'm guessing that a baby ended up waking up because of it, right?
Well, not exactly.
One was during a power outage where an alarm kept beeping on the second floor.
Another was in a part of a basement next door, which went on for a couple days. Loud and clear.
But my favorite is when it goes off for no reason and then every other one goes off.

You tell me or I'll come after you with this;

And trust me. It will be painful.
Well, it could go either way.
I could say one thing, but I mean another. And you'd never know.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, somebody uploaded all of the Mario Kart 8 music tracks. I'm liking Bowser's Castle theme. Someone else compared it to the DBZ Budokai games, I can see the connection, since both mix jazz and rock.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I love the character design in the Dillon games. I would love to see some of the side characters be spun off into a cartoony third person shooter, could be a fun way for Nintendo to have a new multiplayer TPS franchise. There is still a lot they can do with the action/tower defense mechanics in the main Dillon games, although it kind of got old after a while in the first one.
Actually, That would be a good idea. Third Person Shooter + Miyamoto = AWESOME.

Anyone here read the WiR? It's pretty good this week!

(I need to put the link in my sig...)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

The biggest problem with Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger is that this character's name is NOT Billy the Squid.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I've always felt that your input was valuable, and to this date i haven't yet seen a post by you i don't agree with. (none that i can remember, at least)

Keep on keeping on, bro. Don't let these people arbitrarily throwing around vastly stretched comparisons and self-made quotas get you down.

To keep things in perspective.

On the Japan site he was linked to Heroes of Light and Shadow but we couldn't get that linked to us because it was never released out of the USA. Also Marth was only linked to Awakening and not actually revealed for it. It's a different scenario over all.
Not to mention the entire context between games differs enormously. Fire emblem constantly changes protagonists and casts, while Metaknight has pretty much been a boss or playable in every game except this one.

on the note of character reveals, who else is thinking that we're going to see Wario when MK8 comes out?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eh. I dunno if I'll ever be able to enjoy a third person shooter as much now ever since playing Gears of War. You have no idea how good the gameplay is in those games.
I haven't played them, so you're right. :p

I'm not a big shooter game guy, but I'm not afraid to get down with friends. That's all they're good for to me, but I can see the appeal. :ohwell:

Sakurai's Diary made laugh hard.
It was pretty good! Which part made you laugh the hardest?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I haven't played them, so you're right. :p

I'm not a big shooter game guy, but I'm not afraid to get down with friends. That's all they're good for to me, but I can see the appeal. :ohwell:
I mainly only like shooter games that I feel are innovative and aren't Like CoD.

Like Halo or Gears of War.

Unfortunately Halo got CoD'd badly and hasn't recovered from it yet, and at this point probably won't.

I've heard GoW Judgment has also been CoD'd somewhat and that overall iGoW3 is consider the better game, but it at least keeps the thirst person element to still keep it different from CoD.

As I really never like CoD, never got why the games are so popular. But when a developer turns a good shooter that has a established fanbase into another CoD game basically, only bad things will happen and you will alienate your current fanbase while probably not gain many new players since the CoD dude bro is happy with just CoD.

I prefer all kinds of genres though. Racing and sport game however are my least favorite, except when they get whacky that is.

It was pretty good! Which part made you laugh the hardest?
The Iwata part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom