• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I mainly only like shooter games that I feel are innovative and aren't Like CoD.

Like Halo or Gears of War.

Unfortunately Halo got CoD'd badly and hasn't recovered from it yet, and at this point probably won't.

I've heard GoW Judgment has also been CoD'd somewhat and that overall iGoW3 is consider the better game, but it at least keeps the thirst person element to still keep it different from CoD.

As I really never like CoD, never got why the games are so popular. But when a developer turns a good shooter that has a established fanbase into another CoD game basically, only bad things will happen and you will alienate your current fanbase while probably not gain many new players since the CoD dude bro is happy with just CoD.

I prefer all kinds of genres though. Racing and sport game however are my least favorite, except when they get whacky that is.
I feel the same way. CoD is the bane of proper games IMO. I'd like to also consider myself a "Critical Gamer", as I tend to over-analyze everything.

The Iwata part.
XD I remember that part!

After all...

This is really a spoiler, you know? MIMGRIM ONLY.
I 'translated' it. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Out if curiosity. Why do you have Lip reded out in your sig?

And please don't tell me it is because of the item.
That IS the reason, actually. I never had too much faith in her chances, and the item discomfirmed her for me.

Of course, I'll be pleasantly suprised if she does make the cut.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That IS the reason, actually. I never had too much faith in her chances, and the item discomfirmed her for me.

Of course, I'll be pleasantly suprised if she does make the cut.
But how does an item dis-confirm a character?

An Assist of Pokeball? Aight.

Stage Hazard? Spirit tracks.

But why does an item disconfirm a character?

There is an item known as the "Screw Attack" yet Samus is still in the game. Why does an item have any chances on a character? It just doesn't make sense.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I dunno. The stick is as central to Lip's design as the Master Sword is to Link.
Just like Marth's falchion or Meta Knight's Galaxia aren't items, if Lip is playable, I wouldn't expect her flower wand to show up.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But how does an item dis-confirm a character?

An Assist of Pokeball? Aight.

Stage Hazard? Spirit tracks.

But why does an item disconfirm a character?

There is an item known as the "Screw Attack" yet Samus is still in the game. Why does an item have any chances on a character? It just doesn't make sense.
To be fair, when the main gimmick of your character is an item...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I dunno. The stick is as central to Lip's design as the Master Sword is to Link.
Just like Marth's falchion or Meta Knight's Galaxia aren't items, if Lip is playable, I wouldn't expect her flower wand to show up.
To be fair, when the main gimmick of your character is an item...
And I wouldn't put it pass Sakurai to give her flower wand a more unique design to it. He did something like that for a whole character, Pit in Brawl, so I doubt he would have any qualms about making a weapon look more unique.

I still don't get it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Just got back from a party. My boss from job #1 retired and we had a bit of a farewell party for her. 'twas a bit rough to be honest, considering I worked for her for the past 6 years.

SO.... any good news come up while I was gone?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

The biggest problem with Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger is that this character's name is NOT Billy the Squid.
:joyful:

That's really good!

:joyful:
Just got back from a party. My boss from job #1 retired and we had a bit of a farewell party for her. 'twas a bit rough to be honest, considering I worked for her for the past 6 years.

SO.... any good news come up while I was gone?
They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be fair, I wouldn't be too surprised if he decided to give Lip's stick (The one she would hold at all times) a bit of a redesign, maybe Lip herself too... :/

But I guess that's something we need to wait and see..... :/

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
To be fair, I wouldn't be too surprised if he decided to give Lip's stick (The one she would hold at all times) a bit of a redesign, maybe Lip herself too... :/

it's pretty obvious the veteran roster is almost complete all that's left is the newcomers

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Would you consider Lip a "Retro" at this point?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If anything, I say no.
Panel De Pon has gotten numerous sequels well into the 2000's. So the franchise is very recent.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
SmashSigwithDillon.png

*Sing along*

One of these things is not like the other.... one of these thing does not quite belong!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had an idea for a Dillon game where it's years later. and the west is threatened by a new gang of thugs that have learned how to use the rock monsters to their advantage

Dillon comes out of retirement and visits his old partner Russ, who has become a wealthy business tycoon because of his inventions.

Russ doesn't want to join up with Dillon because of his new life style, but hands Dillon a revolver saying "You ain't what you used to be"

Dillon says "You know I never carry a gun" but reluctantly takes it after seeing Russ' worried face.

The game would have a new mechanic of ricochet bullets where you can pull off nice combos by bouncing the bullets around off objects

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there's third party guest that shouldn't happen, it's Kasumi from Dead or Alive because she's 'too big!" :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom