• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Expecting a Yoshi tourney?

Too bad! Waluigi tourney time!

(I'm happy mah Mario Kart main is finally back)
At least someone's main came back.
Oh well, I don't mind sticking with Koopa Troopa. If he's the closest I'll get to Dry Bones, I'll take it.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Expecting a Yoshi tourney?

Too bad! Waluigi tourney time!

(I'm happy mah Mario Kart main is finally back)
Oh my gosh, a Waluigi only tourney...

I bet they will have a warning label on the back of the case on how many "WAA"s you can hear at a time before self combustion.

Because they're are sure gonna be a lot of them. Prepare your WAAnus

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't see why make yet another Mario spin off based off of something that's already popular and doesn't need Mario plastered all over it [well, he kinda already is]. Unless it were in a different style, but even then. I don't find it too necessary.
Said Mario fighting game doesn't have to take on the Smash gameplay style. You could make it like Street Fighter, Tekken or whatever else. That said, Smash Kart would be too hype to handle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Said Mario fighting game doesn't have to take on the Smash gameplay style. You could make it like Street Fighter, Tekken or whatever else. That said, Smash Kart would be too hype to handle.
Super Smash Kart also has the benefit of more roster choices. You can pretty much have everyone and then some. Even rejected characters. The real question is whether people should just have Karts or their own vehicles as an option(if using a vehicle. Sonic can run or ride in a Kart. He's done both before). I could see Master Hand having poor handling, but super acceleration, and average speed. Crazy Hand is similar, but the reverse of acceleration and speed. Neither are "heavy" by design, being just clothes, essentially. Giga Bowser would be a regular heavyweight, and like in Mario Kart 64 where Bowser is the heaviest, Giga is top.

To note, at least in 64, when two characters slam into each other, the heaviest one wins and sends the other flying sometimes. In Balloon Battles(just called Battle since the updated battle modes don't exist yet), this matters since you can get "free" stocks on characters without items.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IGN held a contest where you could design your own armor for Dark Souls 2, and if you won, you got a life-sized Dark Souls statue!

I didn't win...but I got onto the list of favorites! YES!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04...-dark-souls-2?abthid=53617d080e394ea00400006a

Mine's the third (or fourth counting the winner) on the list of armours.
It looks pretty cool. I also liked that glowing Black and White one. The thorn armor isn't too bad either.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I did say earlier that I find this Mario Kart roster to be worse than anything that's going to happen in Smash. Not only are there no big newcomers outside of the Koopalings, but a handful of veterans who should be obvious inclusions for a console Mario Kart missed the cut as well. We're not losing major secondary characters like Wario, Diddy, or Dedede just yet (although if we somehow did, the Smash fanbase would probably defend that as well with "At least we have XYZ characters and the game looks great, so stop complaining!").

In comparing the two, I'm hoping to demonstrate a principle shared between the two franchises; sometimes their rosters are less than satisfactory, and when they are, criticism is kosher. Mario Kart's roster was a hyperbolic basis for comparison that happened to fall into my lap today.
Wii Fit Trainer is the only one that can be directly connected to the oddballs of the MK8 roster. Then again, she was an actual character, and not made solely for the game.

D

Deleted member

If 30 is the limit, then I am disappointed with the decisions for Mario Kart 8.

I mean, I get that you can essentially just have the "Original 8" of the Kart series plus Wario, the two sports regulars (Daisy and Waluigi), and Rosalina as of now and it shouldn't matter who else shows up, but it's rather sad who's excluded (Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, King Boo, etc.) while all the babies get higher priority with a brand new one and the Koopalings (as great as they are) preventing others from joining in. Oh, and Pink Gold Peach; Metal Mario was acceptable, PGP is just random.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't suppose we should use time travel and prevent these baby characters from ever being invented right? I mean, it's pretty clear like 90% of people don't seem to care for them anyway. It's not the end of the world or anything I guess. But I'm still holding out for Diddy Kong at least, there's no one else I really care about right now.

Besides, they didn't even add the best baby character of them all, Dr. Baby Waluigi. You know you want it to happen.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
IGN held a contest where you could design your own armor for Dark Souls 2, and if you won, you got a life-sized Dark Souls statue!

I didn't win...but I got onto the list of favorites! YES!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04...-dark-souls-2?abthid=53617d080e394ea00400006a
r., Diddy Kong, King Boo, etc.) while all the babies get higher priority with a brand new one and the Koopalings (as great as they are) preventing others from joining in. Oh, and Pink Gold Peach; Metal Mario was acceptable, PGP is just random.
well hello Cameron.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The new actress for Princess Leia in Star Wars' name is Daisy Ridley.

Daisy riding Ridley as a mount for a newcomer confirmed!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111one!!11!!

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm just happy Yoshi's Valley actually made the HD jump. Next to Kalamari Desert and Bowers Airship DS, that is my favorite track.
I just hope that the players place in the race actually remains hidden like it was originally.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just happy Yoshi's Valley actually made the HD jump. Next to Kalamari Desert and Bowers Airship DS, that is my favorite track.
I just hope that the players place in the race actually remains hidden like it was originally.
I just want Block Fort and Double Deck back. Those are my two favorite battle courses from 64. I can't remember if either came back completely. I know Big Donut did. Also, Block City doesn't count. :glare: That was a downgraded version with dead ends

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The Koopalings would have been better as a DLC addition. Would've caused heaps of hype.

Maybe there'll be a DK DLC. Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky, Kritter and K. Rool.

I know the game will be awesome either way. DLC is always welcomed in my opinion. More tracks, more Grand Prix and more characters.

Am I the only one who misses Birdo?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just want Block Fort and Double Deck back. Those are my two favorite battle courses from 64. I can't remember if either came back completely. I know Big Donut did. Also, Block City doesn't count. :glare: That was a downgraded version with dead ends
Aww man we all need to play some Block Fort when the game comes out. I'm pumped they actually have a legit battle mode back!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Aww man we all need to play some Block Fort when the game comes out. I'm pumped they actually have a legit battle mode back!
I'm not sure if I like it or Double Deck more. They're both excellent.

I'll excuse Mario Kart Double Dash for having a similar version with Luigi's Mansion, which is near identical, just with more walls and a floor(I think it had a floor in DD on top? Meh. Very similar), but if that's not in, you gotta have Double Deck. To note, with LM being the same minus the extra walls, I don't mind that at all. The music rocks, after all.

And yeah, that's a great course!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was bored so I changed my Froslass's nickname to this:

Photo on 4-30-14 at 7.43 PM.jpg

I wonder how long it will take for people to get the joke?

Note: That isn't a hashtag.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for the next Pokemon I should breed and train?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you look on the window in background in the E3 announcement video during the press conference, retro pac man is on it. I wonder if it hints towards him being playable...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Why would you post something that required a video to prove if you can't post the video itself? Laziness is not an excuse. I'm very lazy but I at least try to source my claims, and if I'm wrong, so be it. You can't even link the video? Embedding is not necessary, after all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...Why would you post something that required a video to prove if you can't post the video itself? Laziness is not an excuse. I'm very lazy but I at least try to source my claims, and if I'm wrong, so be it. You can't even link the video? Embedding is not necessary, after all.
Well it's more me, not having much time, as I have to get off in a minute, but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM

The embedding thing never works for me so just skip to that part. It is hard to see but it looks like it's made out of sticky notes on the window.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, since I have time to waste...
BRB gonna find Pac-Man.
Post a picture of it when you find it. Screencap and all.

To be honest, I think Pac-Man will show up in some way. A Trophy, a Sticker(if they're back), some kind of summon(possibly via the Special Flag), or as a playable character. Obviously a Trophy will happen if playable.

Well it's more me, not having much time, as I have to get off in a minute, but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM

The embedding thing never works for me so just skip to that part. It is hard to see but it looks like it's made out of sticky notes on the window.
Embedding is easy. You just click that button that looks like two squares connected to each other, input the url, and voila.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Post a picture of it when you find it. Screencap and all.

To be honest, I think Pac-Man will show up in some way. A Trophy, a Sticker(if they're back), some kind of summon(possibly via the Special Flag), or as a playable character. Obviously a Trophy will happen if playable
Well for one, I honestly don't know how to screencap.
And two, it could be me, but I didn't see anything referring to Pac-man, not even a post-it note.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach were a bigger waste than the Koopalings. But I actually like the Koopalings. I wish King K. Rool or Kritter was playable.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not seeing Pac-Man in the video, guessing this guy was trying to find amusement in sending us on a wild goose chase.
Aww. Are you the only one who is going to take a guess?

I'm going to wait a little bit more then I'll reveal it.
Snow, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom