• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm sure there's gonna be DLC or unlockable characters for Mario Kart 8. That final roster is kinda lame.

But it has Shy Guy and Toadette. Day one purchase confirmed.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well, hey, let me apply some Smash fanbase logic to Mario Kart. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, yes?

"You guys want Bowser Jr., Diddy, and Birdo in the game? You're so entitled! Stop whining! You already got popular characters with the Koopalings! Let the Mario Kart team exercise their creative vision; it's their game!"

"The Mario Kart team is loaded with geniuses. They added Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach, characters who you didn't know you want, but were really iconic Mario universe characters just the same. Learn to love 'em."

"This game is soooooo beautiful and is literally flawless. How dare you want a better roster?!?!" *goes off to complain about the gameplay, items, modes, music...*
I don't think it's fair to compare WFT, Greninja, et al (which I assume you're doing) to the absolute travesty that is the MK8 roster. You can't possibly compare "out there" and "not expected" choices to simply objectively horrible choices.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Moo Moo Meadows. <3

And where the heck is Kamek? Dude's probably still upset that he was so close to making it in 64, but got scrapped. In fact, he's probably the most long overdue character for me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The RosalinaX guy may be right all along since we do see that new drifting in the trailer. I'm more afraid for the Smash clones being removed. :(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
that gif bothers me because he turns around and knocks samus off the ****ing map like 2 seconds later

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think it's fair to compare WFT, Greninja, et al (which I assume you're doing) to the absolute travesty that is the MK8 roster. You can't possibly compare "out there" and "not expected" choices to simply objectively horrible choices.
This. Whoever equates WFT with something as hilariously unoriginal as Baby Rosalina needs to be slapped in the mouth with a live sea bass.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Right, a more fair comparison would be if Metal Mario was playable.

90% of Nintendo fans don't give a darn about Metal Mario or The Baby characters. There are a LOT of Koopalings, but they were due for a playable appearance sooner or latter.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Agreed. Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja still are characters who had some thought put into while making them.

Can't say that for Copper Peach (that's what she looks like, to be honest) and Baby Rosalina.

EDIT: Hmm... maybe I should revert back to my previous avatar to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Agreed. Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja still are characters who had some thought put into while making them.

Can't say that for Copper Peach (that's what she looks like, to be honest) and Baby Rosalina.

EDIT: Hmm... maybe I should revert back to my previous avatar to avoid confusion.
No, don't worry about it, you had the avi first, I'll change.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
FalKoopa and Cliff... XD

They're twins!

Just slap a metallic skin on Peach.... :facepalm: It hurts so much. I'm not incredibly upset, but the sheer dumbness of re-skinning a character or just making an alternate version confounds me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just slap a metallic skin on Peach.... :facepalm: It hurts so much. I'm not incredibly upset, but the sheer dumbness of re-skinning a character or just making an alternate version confounds me.
At least the Babies require more than just a palette difference. :glare:

I still like Metal Mario, but I think it'd be way better if they used his Dr. Mario Metal version from Dr. Mario 64. Then he looks actually different beyond color. >_>

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Given how the latest Mario Golf game has DLC, I think it's likely that Mario Kart 8 will get it too. The Wii U bundle is going to sell like nobody's business and it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just saw the mk8 direct and WOW is it just me or since the tomodachi direct they are very silly in their videos? I like it!

But seriously, I don't know anymore if I should buy it the blue shell is bothering me but there's a new item that CAN destroy it but apparently, it's rare so, do you think it will have the same RNG for anyone?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wish I had some of the game choice Europe has on the Mario Kart deal as I already have NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and the fact that Wii Party U doesn't really catch my attention. Why does Europe get more than twice the amount of game choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom