• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I wish I had some of the game choice Europe has on the Mario Kart deal as I already have NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and the fact that Wii Party U doesn't really catch my attention. Why does Europe get more than twice the amount of game choices?
I'd guess to sell wii u but I don't know. I'm in the same situation as you.

maybe someone would be willing to swap Pikmin 3/NSMBU/WWHD codes for a few club nintendo game codes...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Uh, of course. I mean, Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, and normal Rosalina are still in the game.

And those delicious retro tracks.
then there is your answer.

It Mario Kart. As long as the essentials are in there people will be the game no matter what. Which means Nintendo can take the lazy way out without any repercussions. Because people will still buy the game.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I wish I had some of the game choice Europe has on the Mario Kart deal as I already have NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and the fact that Wii Party U doesn't really catch my attention. Why does Europe get more than twice the amount of game choices?
Same thing here. What games does Europe get anyway?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I had no way to get home from school today except by walking. It was pouring down rain, and about a half-hour walk. So I did what any real man does: I let down my hood and let my hair get soaked, and marched down a very busy street will listening to Id~Purpose.

And then at the end of my treacherous journey, I finally open the front door and...my cat bolts out the door and into the rain. So I had to chase him, slipping and dropping my stuff.

He ruined my moment, so now I'm giving him the silent treatment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So I had no way to get home from school today except by walking. It was pouring down rain, and about a half-hour walk. So I did what any real man does: I let down my hood and let my hair get soaked, and marched down a very busy street will listening to Id~Purpose.

And then at the end of my treacherous journey, I finally open the front door and...my cat bolts out the door and into the rain. So I had to chase him, slipping and dropping my stuff.

Man, that sounds like a real catastrophe.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Same thing here. What games does Europe get anyway?
The four North America is getting plus:

- Game & Wario
- Nintendo Land
- Sonic Lost World
- The Wonderful 101
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic 2014 Winter Games

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Your cat knows how to ruin a purrfect moment.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361

Where the hell do you live at?
It's 79° overs here :p
Your cat is trying to teach you desbear

88° tomorrow FFFFFUUUUU

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think it's fair to compare WFT, Greninja, et al (which I assume you're doing) to the absolute travesty that is the MK8 roster. You can't possibly compare "out there" and "not expected" choices to simply objectively horrible choices.
I don't see how a Mario Kart roster without several key Mario characters and with several unexpected, arguably horrible new characters is that different from a Smash Bros. roster without several key Nintendo characters and with several unexpected, arguably horrible new characters.

Principle-wise, the masses are going to end up lapping up Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina like hotcakes and telling off anyone critical of the roster because of them, just like they will with literally any character added into Smash.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't see how a Mario Kart roster without several key Mario characters and with several unexpected, arguably horrible new characters is any worse than a Smash Bros. roster without several key Nintendo characters and with several unexpected, arguably horrible new characters.

Principle-wise, the masses are going to end up lapping up Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina like hotcakes and telling off anyone critical of the roster because of them, just like they will with literally any character added into Smash.
The baby characters and metal characters are the equivalent of clones, and the 7 Koopalings is like... well... if a series like Star Fox was given 7 playable reps. 2 compleltely new characters... imagine the uproar if Sakurai invented new, playable characters.

It seems lazy in MK because in Smash, developing and balancing a character is a huge task that would take months, where this is literally a skin and weight class.

Last edited:

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
The four North America is getting plus:

- Game & Wario
- Nintendo Land
- Sonic Lost World
- The Wonderful 101
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic 2014 Winter Games
Already have Game & Wario and Nintendo Land. The other games are meh to me

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The baby characters and metal characters are the equivalent of clones, and the 7 Koopalings is like... well... if a series like Star Fox was given 7 playable reps.

It seems lazy in MK because in Smash, developing and balancing a character is a huge task that would take months, where this is literally a skin and weight class.
I did say earlier that I find this Mario Kart roster to be worse than anything that's going to happen in Smash. Not only are there no big newcomers outside of the Koopalings, but a handful of veterans who should be obvious inclusions for a console Mario Kart missed the cut as well. We're not losing major secondary characters like Wario, Diddy, or Dedede just yet (although if we somehow did, the Smash fanbase would probably defend that as well with "At least we have XYZ characters and the game looks great, so stop complaining!").

In comparing the two, I'm hoping to demonstrate a principle shared between the two franchises; sometimes their rosters are less than satisfactory, and when they are, criticism is kosher. Mario Kart's roster was a hyperbolic basis for comparison that happened to fall into my lap today.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Wish they would do a Nintendo Racing game. Like Smash Bros but with racing :>
As opposed to Mario Kart, which focuses on Mario chars, I'm guessing? If they stopped making Mario Kart, I'd be down for that, but I wouldn't want to have Mario racing against Mario characters in one game, then Mario racing against Fox in another game haha.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
As opposed to Mario Kart, which focuses on Mario chars, I'm guessing? If they stopped making Mario Kart, I'd be down for that, but I wouldn't want to have Mario racing against Mario characters in one game, then Mario racing against Fox in another game haha.
I meant like Kirby, Samus, Fox, and other Nintendo characters all in the game. Probably reading this wrong lol but w.e
Kinda like Sega All Stars like what cliff said

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With Smash Bros already existent there would be no point.
Despite characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Lakitu, Koopa Troopa, etc. being possibly playable because of this? Clones or otherwise, it'd actually allow a diverse Mario cast in the end. Something SSB will never have available. Never mind delving into guests from the related franchises, or just guests from unrelated franchises(Sonic and Pac-Man due to their respective Mario series crossovers).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This comes as no shock. It was apparent Rosalina was getting special treatment when she got her own stage (as in a Rosalina stage, not a Galaxy one) in MK7. Meanwhile metal head being in Mario Tennis pretty much "resecured" his place as a staple spin off character (R.I.P. him in Smash)

So, what do you guys think of Ridley being playable now?

That clip of him during the Direct was such a tease even if he said some other boss characters might appear.
Hope still exists, but expect everyone to tell you otherwise.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I did say earlier that I find this Mario Kart roster to be worse than anything that's going to happen in Smash. Not only are there no big newcomers outside of the Koopalings, but a handful of veterans who should be obvious inclusions for a console Mario Kart missed the cut as well. We're not losing major secondary characters like Wario, Diddy, or Dedede just yet (although if we somehow did, the Smash fanbase would probably defend that as well with "At least we have XYZ characters and the game looks great, so stop complaining!").

In comparing the two, I'm hoping to demonstrate a principle shared between the two franchises; sometimes their rosters are less than satisfactory, and when they are, criticism is kosher. Mario Kart's roster was a hyperbolic basis for comparison that happened to fall into my lap today.
That's fair enough. Makes sense too.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Despite characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Lakitu, Koopa Troopa, etc. being possibly playable because of this? Clones or otherwise, it'd actually allow a diverse Mario cast in the end. Something SSB will never have available. Never mind delving into guests from the related franchises, or just guests from unrelated franchises(Sonic and Pac-Man due to their respective Mario series crossovers).
I don't see why make yet another Mario spin off based off of something that's already popular and doesn't need Mario plastered all over it [well, he kinda already is]. Unless it were in a different style, but even then. I don't find it too necessary.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Meanwhile metal head being in Mario Tennis pretty much "resecured" his place as a staple spin off character (R.I.P. him in Smash)
Now that is a game with a bad character lineup. You can kinda play him in Smash...

I wonder if Peach will go Pink Gold when she picks up the metal block in Smash now.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I like how the new Rainbow Road looks like it's taking place on a Terran aircraft from Starcraft.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
So is everyone not hype about the online inputted tournaments you can host?
I thought that was very cool, a full Yoshi tourney.

Hope they do something like this for smash bros.

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046

Hope they do something like this for smash bros.
Because of this, I have high hopes for SSB4s online, online tournaments will rock so hard :3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see why make yet another Mario spin off based off of something that's already popular and doesn't need Mario plastered all over it [well, he kinda already is]. Unless it were in a different style, but even then. I don't find it too necessary.
I don't see any good reason not to do it. He still hasn't done American Football yet, which irks me a bit.

And yeah, I'd say having the ability to have a proper roster while making far more playable than in Smash justifies it fully. It'll be an easy seller, and unlike the bootleg Kart Fighter, wouldn't really suck.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Hope they do something like this for smash bros
Yeah... I wouldn't mind having a full Yoshi tourney. :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom