• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Probably because it turned out well last time?

I can't even remember what playable Demo Systems Wal-Mart has right now. Also, the store itself has a weird setup, and is very busy with things besides video games. I don't remember what type of store Best Buy was, though. It's no EBGames/GameStop.
Best Buy is about all kinds of technology.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm so excited! I don't want to miss anything for Nintendo's E3 Presntation or the Best Buy's Smash demo event so I'm going to be "sick" from work during this time.

HYPE GET!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm so excited! I don't want to miss anything for Nintendo's E3 Presntation or the Best Buy's Smash demo event so I'm going to be "sick" from work during this time.

HYPE GET!!!
Your employees tears when you aren't there. :troll:

If you do find the "tears" joke annoying, please tell me.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As far as E3 goes, here are my thoughts about it

First off, I'm predicting that they're gonna have more news about Sonic Boom, which is Nintendo exclusive.

Second, I'm predicting another big shot Smash direct and finalized release date

Third, considering the facts about how things are going between Nintendo and SEGA, and how their relationship is better than ever, Nintendo may have already bought out SEGA, and if so, such turn of events would most likely be made official at E3 rather than a direct, but this would most likely not add in a second Sonic character anyway because the game is too far into development.

Fourth, I think it's time that they announced more news about the future Zelda title for Wii U, the next installment of the Sonic Storybook series, a possible sequel to Super Mario Sunshine, another StarFox game, a conformation about the future of the Metroid franchise, GameCube games on Wii U Virtual Console, and whether or not the recent Pokemon leaks are true.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Third, considering the facts about how things are going between Nintendo and SEGA, and how their relationship is better than ever, Nintendo may have already bought out SEGA, and if so, such turn of events would most likely be made official at E3 rather than a direct, but this would most likely not add in a second Sonic character anyway because the game is too far into development.
Oh. My. God.

You just won't shut up about that no matter how many people tell you nay. If Nintendo bought out Sega it would be in the news right now and not saved for E3. Seriously. Learn your ****ing business please.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I have concluded that each existing series that gets a new character will get one from a game that is recent, and successful, and not necessarily one that meets our criterias.

Super Mario Galaxy - Rosalina.
Pokemon X/Y - Greninja.
Fire Emblem Awakening - Chrom.

What are some other games that had or have this influence? Obvious the one I care about is Skyward Sword, are their any others? I ask because Ridley was in Other M, but he is also the only good thing about it (or the only bad thing)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly. I actually have doubts about Chrom. Sakurai seems to me going for uniqueness more then anything else when deciding characters. As a results I think Robin may have an edge over Chrom now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly. I actually have doubts about Chrom. Sakurai seems to me going for uniqueness more then anything else when deciding characters. As a results I think Robin may have an edge over Chrom now.
I see what you did there. :awesome:

But agreed. Also, having a character with no defined sex is something he likes to do. Villager possibly has a female costume as well.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh. My. God.

You just won't shut up about that no matter how many people tell you nay. If Nintendo bought out Sega it would be in the news right now and not saved for E3. Seriously. Learn your ****ing business please.
I was a valedictorian in high school, and the matter is not solely about economics. Just forget it and let it go!

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Aren't you the one that keeps bring it up? I don't think anyone would be talking about the idea otherwise.
Yes, right! That is exactly what you need to do!
No, it's mimgrim who needs to stop bashing me about it. All I did was share my predictions, and what Mimgrim is doing all the time when I bring up the matter is rude

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Has an edge. Fire Emblem. Swords/Weapons. :p
Oh. lol

I think Robin tips the scales in terms of uniqueness.
That one I get.

I was a valedictorian in high school, and the matter is not solely about economics. Just forget it and let it go!
Do you want a cookie or something?

Valedictorian means absolute **** to me.

No, it's mimgrim who needs to stop bashing me about it. All I did was share my predictions, and what Mimgrim is doing all the time when I bring up the matter is rude
I laughed.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Hell, you've been warned by mods to stop talking it!
All that Opossum said was not to bring it up in the official character discussion thread, which I have obeyed. Opossum said in the character discussion thread and I quote

CliffJumper, I'm going to ask you to stop derailing this thread

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm gonna be honest here.
The only thing mimgrim is doing is rebutting your logic. You're the only one here getting mad at this whole thing.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All that Opossum said was not to bring it up in the official character discussion thread, which I have obeyed. Opossum said in the character discussion thread and I quote
Well. If you don;t want to see my posts when you bring upNintendo buying Sega you can do 1 of 2 things. Put me on ignore. Or stop posting it in threads I frequent so I won't reply back to it and rip you a another one.

Fine, but all I was doing is stating the facts.

@ Substitution Substitution
Mimgrim didn't rebut anything, he was biased because he did not understand that the matter is not solely based on economics.
That's a funny word for opinion.

You obviously have no ****ing clue how businesses works. It is all about money. Goody goody bud bud relationships have NOTHING to do when buying out another company. Absolutely nothing. And if they do, then that person is a horrible business man.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Something tells me that this year's Best Buy Nintendo E3 demo event will have a MUCH bigger turn out than last year's Best Buy event (where they had demos of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, & Mario Kart 8). And if it's like last year, I'm very sure that they are going to make sure everyone who comes in get a chance to play (so tournaments are completely out of the quest).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why are they doing Best Buy again? Wouldn't Walmart be a better choice since it's more "mainstream"?
Both stores are pretty prevalent in America. I don't know if Wal-Mart exists anywhere else, never bothered caring all what much. So it shouldn't matter too much. But I can see how a more general store like Wal-Mart would be preferable from a business standpoint. Still Best Buy should be a decent choice, I guess.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
As I said before, all you want is a second Sonic rep, which would only happen if Nintendo bought Sega.
And no way in hell, even in the unlikely case that Nintendo does by Sega, would Sonic have as many reps as Mario, like you are saying.
Sega isn't dying. Companies fire alot. They have been making plenty amount of money. And saying Sega isn't dying isn't anti Sega bias.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You obviously have no ****ing clue how businesses works. It is all about money. Goody goody bud bud relationships have NOTHING to do when buying out another company. Absolutely nothing. And if they do, then that person is a horrible business man.
Just one last thing, you obviously don't know who you are talking to, I am a business major in college, and I can tell you that you are completely wrong.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
As I said before, all you want is a second Sonic rep, which would only happen if Nintendo bought Sega.
And no way in hell, even in the unlikely case that Nintendo does by Sega, would Sonic have as many reps as Mario, like you are saying.
Sega isn't dying. Companies fire alot. They have been making plenty amount of money. And saying Sega isn't dying isn't anti Sega bias.
Logic doesn't seem to get through to people who jump off cliffs it seems.

Just one last thing, you obviously don't know who you are talking to, I am a business major in college, and I can tell you that you are completely wrong.
I laughed for real this time.

Prove it.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
There's no bias, I'm just stating the facts. And about firing, SEGA's doing that more than anyone these days, that is not something that can be ignored. And you are absolutely wrong about the # of reps anyway.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Didn't know this was for me. So I'll just say this.
@ Substitution Substitution
Mimgrim didn't rebut anything, he was biased because he did not understand that the matter is not solely based on economics.
No, he isn't "biased". he understands that this isn't really a fact. This is a theory.
Now, there's no issue with having a assumption, we all have them. But where we get mad is with how you'll always stuff this "Sega will be bought by Nintendo" crud down our throat. How you make it a thing to include it in everything you do. You go parading around like it's some fact. And it gets annoying.

We'll let it go. That's not an issue. It's just you have to let it go too. And that's the issue.
Heck, even when Opossum warned you about this, you still kept this going (and don't tell me "I haven't." I'm on the Character Discussion thread, I've seen it). I really think you should listen to the man's advice.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
There's no bias, I'm just stating the facts. And about firing, SEGA's doing that more than anyone these days, that is not something that can be ignored. And you are absolutely wrong about the # of reps anyway.

Damn. I need to go through more trying times so I don't have to see this bull**** crop up at every turn.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom