• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
What does every one here think the "C" in C-stick means?

Personally I always thought the C on it stood for control as in control stick. But I actually can't find anything on what the C stands for. xD
It's the spiritual successor of the C buttons from the Nintendo 64 controller, whose right hand side was faced with the "A", "B", and 4 "C" buttons.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really see how a single swear word is that big of a deal. I mean, it's not like we're talking about Mario here.

It's not the first time something in Metroid was needlessly altered, I think. The chozo lore for Metroid Prime 1 (PAL version) was altered to the point that PAL and NTSC players would not have a clue what the other was talking about.
That so? I never heard about that. Any notable examples?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What does every one here think the "C" in C-stick means?

Personally I always thought the C on it stood for control as in control stick. But I actually can't find anything on what the C stands for. xD
If it stands for anything at all it'd be camera imo

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If it stands for anything at all it'd be camera imo
I always thought it was camera, but... we have buttons A, B and... C. Makes sense that they'd name it C. Z, on the other hand...

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It's the spiritual successor of the C buttons from the Nintendo 64 controller, whose right hand side was faced with the "A", "B", and 4 "C" buttons.
Technically, I believe it was in reference to "camera" buttons on the original N64 controller. They were originally designed to help you control the camera in games, but of course developers put them to other good uses as well, like Smash Bros. and jumping.

I think it continued over to the GameCube with having a "camera stick" so that you could control the camera much more fluidly rather than just four buttons.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Gauis.

Do you know how to put bookmarks onto the My Yahoo page? They like recently disappeared out of nowhere on our page and my dad is going **** balls crazy over it.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That sucks, why not get others to work on it Microsoft?
That stinks, but I'm anti-Xbox, so it doesn't affect me that much. Nintendo's not saving Rare anytime soon though, we're very much likely going to see Nintendo buy SEGA before they regain Rare.
This was the group that LEFT Rare and Microsoft. They were going to make a spiritual successor with a new IP as a sort of indie company and release it for Nintendo consoles, I believe.

So Microsoft had no part. Heck, they probably wouldn't have even gotten the game.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
2010 da bess. Design wise that ponytail looks ridiculous, like anime ridiculous

They seriously look like ants or something. That's just weird. Were they hit in the face with a frying pan?

at least it's not Bing.

I hope that's as hated as I think it is
Wait, people use Bing? What kind of alternate dimension did you come from?

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't really see how a single swear word is that big of a deal. I mean, it's not like we're talking about Mario here.

That so? I never heard about that. Any notable examples?
The length it had been since the Chozo left Talon IV was one, but I don't remember what version states what. I do remember that in the NTSC version that the Space Pirates encounter the Metroid Prime before it starts rampaging through them and assimilating their technology and weaponry (its carapace at the end of the game) and in the PAL version they never actually physically encountered it. It's been so long so I might be wrong.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The length it had been since the Chozo left Talon IV was one, but I don't remember what version states what. I do remember that in the NTSC version that the Space Pirates encounter the Metroid Prime before it starts rampaging through them and assimilating their technology and weaponry (its carapace at the end of the game) and in the PAL version they never actually physically encountered it. It's been so long so I might be wrong.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Metroid_Prime_version_differences

Does that help any?

Well bud, I'd hate to say this. But I know just as much as you do.
I'm not gonna be much help with this.
Did the bookmarks disappear on you as well?

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1/status/459304257225629696

This totally, obviously is 100% legit and trustworthy, guys. :rolleyes:

(I begin to think this is a joke Twitter account.)
BEHOLD FOR THIS IS IRREFUTABLE. Those who will not put everyone on this roster will DIIIIIIIEEEE!
Ever heard of taking things with a grain of salt? To quickly end this off topic discussion, for now it's a rumour and can only become a leak once it's proven true, which for now it can't be.
If any leak is worth taking seriously; it's this one. Salromano predicted Wii Fit Trainer of all things and I haven't see anyone else guess her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did SOMEBODY say Anime hair?

View attachment 12956

Ryoko really ought to consider not going to Sonic the Hedgehog's barber. MIGHT make Tenchi like her just a bit more.
This and To Love Ru are the only harems that are good. All the others suck harder than the MadWorld announcer's wife.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I REALLY need to find time to watch anime. I really want to, but I can't bring myself to when there are so many games to play. :/

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
This and To Love Ru are the only harems that are good. All the others suck harder than the MadWorld announcer's wife.
I'm normally not a nostalgic dude, but with anime, I REALLY don't like the new stuff. I tapped out right around the mid-2000s. I like the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, and some of the early 2000s I enjoyed (Bo-bobo being cheif among them). The new stuff seems (at least to me) really pandered to a very specific group of people and that kinda turns me away more often than not.

Dott

Smash Ace
I'm normally not a nostalgic dude, but with anime, I REALLY don't like the new stuff. I tapped out right around the mid-2000s. I like the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, and some of the early 2000s I enjoyed (Bo-bobo being cheif among them). The new stuff seems (at least to me) really pandered to a very specific group of people and that kinda turns me away more often than not.
Anime since 2009-here have been just like the same think over and over again, if you search back to the 2009 or before you'll see some good stuff.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Evangelion X Transformers?
Hopefully they ignore the last three episodes of Evangelion. Silly running out of budget.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This was the group that LEFT Rare and Microsoft. They were going to make a spiritual successor with a new IP as a sort of indie company and release it for Nintendo consoles, I believe.

So Microsoft had no part. Heck, they probably wouldn't have even gotten the game.
Ok then still let's get someone else to make it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I REALLY need to find time to watch anime. I really want to, but I can't bring myself to when there are so many games to play. :/
Play anime games instead.
Or games so boring that you can multitask watching anime and playing at the same time (Pokemon for example)
not to say Pokemon is boring...ok yeah, hatching eggs and running in grass is boring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom