• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's literally not even trying.

They literally took footage of the Greninja trailer and the first Shrek movie and combined them to make a "trailer".

I seriously thought I couldn't believe the channel less after the Choir Boy footage, but really?
Still it's kind of funny.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, knowing tomorrow is the release of NES Remix 2.
We might see either Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, or ROB. But then again, I can't predict things for the life of me so...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, knowing tomorrow is the release of NES Remix 2.
We might see either Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W, or ROB. But then again, I can't predict things for the life of me so...
Ice Climbers were said, in the past, to be hard to work with. I doubt that's the case now. So I'd like them to be revealed.

I think R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch are safe anyway, since they have no issues when it comes to returning. The first one is widely important to Nintendo's history. The second one is a unique fighter, so dropping him seems silly. It's not like with Pokemon where you can drop someone without a sweat because you want to show off other Pokemon. You're dropping a franchise, not a small piece of it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The reason some of you probably got bored of it is because you're not kids anymore. The anime is still targeted at kids, I mean it's really childish imo. I mean there are kids born in freaking 2005 that have never watched the first seasons, some things are bound to be recycled.
Wasn't really about being bored as I haven't watched the show since middle school outside of stumbling on a few clips on Youtube and it was more of a criticism of the characterization itself. The only thing that makes me disagree with this sentiment is that I'm not sure I entirely buy the idea that in order to appeal to children that you have to tell dumb stories with characters that never change in any way. I don't really expect something extremely deep from the series, you know it's still Pokemon but it doesn't mean that some effort wouldn't hurt.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't really about being bored as I haven't watched the show since middle school outside of stumbling on a few clips on Youtube and it was more of a criticism of the characterization itself. The only thing that makes me disagree with this sentiment is that I'm not sure I entirely buy the idea that in order to appeal to children that you have to tell dumb stories with characters that never change in any way. I don't really expect something extremely deep from the series, you know it's still Pokemon but it doesn't mean that some effort wouldn't hurt.
I think the intention of them is to recycle the stories so each new generation of children can experience the same character. That way they don't have to catch up on every single episode of every season to understand Ash. They only need one. Max. I can't say I agree with it, but it is logical.

Since Sinnoh, every full Generation resets him fully so you can experience exactly what he'll be like at the end. You might think it's a lack of effort. I don't think it is. I think it's just a different focus. Albeit, I do remember reading that was the official reason. I can't remember if that was true.

Keep in mind I agree that it's lame, but it does help get children into the generation itself by using a character who naturally learns how to do things properly, and isn't completely all-knowing. Note, he's been like this for every Saga. Kanto, Orange, Johto, etc. He just didn't fully reset till Sinnoh. He just gradually got meh characterization in Johto/Hoenn. In Hoenn, he was essentially May's Teacher.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The XY anime is actually pretty good. It has unique episodes and good characters. One thing I don't like about it, though, is that there's no coincidences. For example, in the Madame X and Malamar episode, they mentioned a Power Plant or something early in. That was an easy way to tell, 'Oh, they're going to go to the Power Plant later in the episode'.
Overall, however, it's improving from the Black and White anime.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The XY anime is actually pretty good. It has unique episodes and good characters. One thing I don't like about it, though, is that there's no coincidences. For example, in the Madame X and Malamar episode, they mentioned a Power Plant or something early in. That was an easy way to tell, 'Oh, they're going to go to the Power Plant later in the episode'.
Overall, however, it's improving from the Black and White anime
I'm still hoping for a anime spin-off done in the same quality as Pokémon Origins, but only more drawn out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They should adapt the Pokémon Adventures manga into an anime series, in my honest opinion. It would be much better than the current anime series that constantly rehashes the same plot points.

Speaking of which, I really need to get down to reading this manga. (As if following 7 manga series wasn't enough. lol)

Is Blue Exorcist worth watching?
The anime is good, but the manga is much better. The anime diverges from the manga rather quickly while the manga is still ongoing and has a longer story.

I suggest you to give it a try.

(This is totally not biased. My avatar is obviously not from Blue Exorcist. :troll: Joking, obviously.)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I saw the mod say something like "NOJ made us shut it down", I assumed it was a joke, moved on. Come back and I see all these people freaking out about it lol.

As for that gamestop video, I think that guy is just an awesome troll, he can't be that dumb, can he??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You'd have to be quite gullible to believe such blatantly fake pictures. (Or that blatantly fake video.)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I saw the mod say something like "NOJ made us shut it down", I assumed it was a joke, moved on. Come back and I see all these people freaking out about it lol.

As for that gamestop video, I think that guy is just an awesome troll, he can't be that dumb, can he??
They exist. Don't you worry about that. Gamestop people can be that stupid.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
>Slenderman

Creepypasta is the dumbest **** to ever existed in the form of "entertainment" especially people try to put it into everything they possible can (EXTREMELY annoying).
Creepypasta is just like any other type of writing, you have a few really good things, and a whole ton of crap.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, about that...

I saw that in a Walfas Halloween Special once. It was pretty great since the person that made the sketch used Movie Maker's rainbow effect, put 2spoopy on the ghost and used that Spooky Scary Skeletons song.

:laugh:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Any creepypasta based off of video games is crap. Well except the Ben drowned story. That was well written and fun. And the LSD Dream Emulator story was fun.

Most creepypastas based off TV shows are crap except the Barney ones. Most of those are very good, especially when compared to a majority of other ones.

Alot of the ORIGINAL creepypastas are good. Like one about a guy on valentine's day who gives a woman a human heart filled with candy bars. And the heart was her son's heart. (Ok that one was kind of dumb in a funny way)

Mc Donalds Creepypastas are hilariously epic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom