• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just check the so called gematsu ssb4 leak, and I honestly DOUBT characters like your Mii or the guyz from that obscure Nintendo game elite beat agents or whatever its called will be made playable characters! Then again, no one asked for the wii fit trainer either...but still!
Dude, at least try not to get the characters so blatantly wrong.

It's not an obscure Elite Beat Agents character, it's Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey, at least it isn't as bad as my name. I've been trying to come up with some new ones, but haven't thought of any yet besides Dr.Piccolo.
I swear, I'll I want to do is make an account.
But then we have to be bombarded with all these "improvements" that only complicate thing further.
So instead of me being able to name myself "Mr_Gaming", I instead name myself "Bob McName".
Wonderful...

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
Ah, back when the Pokemon anime was good. Nowadays they have to revolve around unnecessary dead weight like Dawn and whoever the hell the 6th Gen Gym Leader is. :rolleyes:
Dawn? Did you just say Dawn? Dawn hasn't been a main character for about seven years now. The next main female was Iris from BW and now it's Serena from XY. And btw, Dawn is my second favourite of the female mains, with my first being May...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I stopped after Sinnoh. It just got too meh for my tastes.
I'll stick with the main franchise thank you very much.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Crashboards is ****ing me over. .-.

As for the Pokemon anime talk. I also watched up to Sinnoh, I gave Unova a chance but I just couldn't stand it. Heck, the only reason I watched Sinnoh was because of Paul in that he was a breath of fresh air basically. Kanot = Orang Islands = Johto > Sinoh > Honen > Everything else in terms of the anime.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Unova was awful. I really liked Sinnoh though. Haven't seen much Kalos, from what I can tell, it looks really slow.

If any series needs a reboot, it's Pokemon.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It would of helped if Ash had stop being the focus of the story a long time ago. I mean Ash wasn't really an god awful character at the beginning of the series as he seemed to be evolving some as a character over the first few seasons, starting as a complete unaware character who grew little by little into a more experienced trainer... then somewhere along the way they seemed to have decided that he needed to reset each season, make the same mistakes, go through the same character cycle again and again, basically turning him into a completely incompetent character that has no clear ending to his arc. Honesty they should changed the main character every couple of seasons and allow Ash's story to end.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think rebooting the Pokemon Anime series is really all that can be done to fix it. Making Ash suddenly intelligent would be awkward as hell, and that's the biggest problem. To me anyways.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If I recall correctly, doesn't Ash have to relearn every region that Electric does nothing to Ground?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's mostly the problem. It seems the writers lost interest in telling stories and are just keeping the show around as mostly a marketing tool hends the lazy repeating of the same plot elements.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I am a year behind in reading my illegally downloaded Marvel Comics and I find that while reading the Infinity event is that Phil Coulson is now a comic character in the main 616 universe now. :eek::eek::eek:

I can die happy now!

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The reason some of you probably got bored of it is because you're not kids anymore. The anime is still targeted at kids, I mean it's really childish imo. I mean there are kids born in freaking 2005 that have never watched the first seasons, some things are bound to be recycled.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The reason some of you probably got bored of it is because you're not kids anymore. The anime is still targeted at kids, I mean it's really childish imo. I mean there are kids born in freaking 2005 that have never watched the first seasons, some things are bound to be recycled.
This. It's always been this.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking about anime?

Call me one of those old nostalgia people, but the Pokemon anime's first few seasons > all of the new ones.

The new ones are ALL the exact same thing and way too nice and genuine for me to like. The first season was like, "Oh hey, a strange walking man! CHARIZARD USE FLAMETHROWER"

Now it's like, "Let's help him" And then it turns into some plot point where team rocket tries to ruin the day of the wanderer and Pikachu always ends the plan by using 1 attack and then "Team Rocket's blasting of agaaaaaaaaaaaaain".

End of plot point end of show. At least in gen 1 they were focused on the Pokemon involved and Team Rocket developed through the series instead of just uselessly following Ash nowadays.

I am a lot older now, but I guess my point still stands because it is true. Unless they have a reason to follow Ash now, they make no sense.

I'd also like to mention I just realized there's kids out there who haven't had the pleasure of owning an N64, Gamecube and Wii. They own an Xbox, Nintendo is "for babies" and boosting for headshots in CoD is cool. These generations are really losing out on having a brain.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's a given, as we grow up we come to see newer things for what they really are, while nostalgia blinds our views of what we believe we knew. Pokemon is doing as it always has, it's marketing to children, as has been mentioned earlier. With Ash continuing to repeat the same cycle, it's simply rehashing of the same formula to bring in a newer audience. While I agree that they could and should have had the decency to start fresh with a new protagonist, I cannot fault them for what they do.

On a similar note, I'm quite baffled at how seemingly grown people enjoy... certain newer shows intended for children. While tastes differ and a show's value is a matter of opinion to whomever watches it, I just can't grasp the mindset of "new Pokemon is bad" while the same people like these (in my opinion) worse shows.

And no, I'm not talking about that show.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Anyone who misses Pokemon for it's humour and DBZ for it's fights should move to other shonen animes like One Piece.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone who misses Pokemon for it's humour and DBZ for it's fights should move to other shonen animes like One Piece.
Well, I can still watch Dragon Ball and DBZ/DBZ Kai just fine. I couldn't really get into One Piece though. I don't hate it or anything, I guess it didn't pull me in like it did with everyone else. Is Blue Exorcist worth watching?

Personally, I want to see more American action series step it up a bit. The only one I can think of is TMNT and Avatar, because the rest just kept getting canceled. Still want to see more Spectacular Spider-Man.

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
Black and White was probably the worse in the anime, I thought the N arc would make up for it, but it sucked just as much.

But on the flip side, I personally think XY is really good. Ash isn't as dumb as he usually is, the animation is much better, Serena is a really interesting character, and Celmont and Bonnie bring some nice comic relief to to the gang. Yeah some of the episodes feel kind fillerish, but all the major battles have been really good. Also the first two episodes are, in my opinion, some of the best episodes of the anime to date.

Okay, I'm done, I'll go back to lurking now.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
But on the flip side, I personally think XY is really good. Ash isn't as dumb as he usually is, the animation is much better, Serena is a really interesting character, and Celmont and Bonnie bring some nice comic relief to to the gang. Yeah some of the episodes feel kind fillerish, but all the major battles have been really good. Also the first two episodes are, in my opinion, some of the best episodes of the anime to date.
Does Ash ever end up replacing Misty's bike? That has been on my mind for years now.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Does Ash ever end up replacing Misty's bike? That has been on my mind for years now.
I think he did sometime at the end of Johto. Which is one of the reasons why Misty left I think...There was another reason but I can't remember what it was...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh. I couldn't enjoy Sinnoh much at all(the Anime. The games are honestly too slow battle-wise for me to enjoy them. When I want to a slow turn-based rpg, I don't mean "holy god, a little faster please!"), I liked the rest of the seasons beyond the D/P saga, though.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually X ad Y has a really good storyline for the anime, I cried during espurr's episode yesterday.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Did you guys see the hidden and DLC characters for Mario Golf: World Tour?

Camelot actually did something right this time. Mario Tennis Open was a fiasco. Absolute laziness.

Even though three of the DLC characters are clones of other characters.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's a given, as we grow up we come to see newer things for what they really are, while nostalgia blinds our views of what we believe we knew. Pokemon is doing as it always has, it's marketing to children, as has been mentioned earlier. With Ash continuing to repeat the same cycle, it's simply rehashing of the same formula to bring in a newer audience. While I agree that they could and should have had the decency to start fresh with a new protagonist, I cannot fault them for what they do.

On a similar note, I'm quite baffled at how seemingly grown people enjoy... certain newer shows intended for children. While tastes differ and a show's value is a matter of opinion to whomever watches it, I just can't grasp the mindset of "new Pokemon is bad" while the same people like these (in my opinion) worse shows.

And no, I'm not talking about that show.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That's literally not even trying.

They literally took footage of the Greninja trailer and the first Shrek movie and combined them to make a "trailer".

I seriously thought I couldn't believe the channel less after the Choir Boy footage, but really?
I'm pretty sure this is their way of telling people they were TR0llED xD. That or their leaks sucked so much they just couldn't keep going, they weren't fooling anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom