• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Wait wait wait. So Nintendo of Japan asked for the Rumors and Leaks thread to be taken down? That's completely unexpected. I'll admit the place was a madhouse towards the end, so it made since for the mods to shut it down, but now we're hearing that it's also because NOJ asked them to?

That's suspicious beyond belief, because what was the last thing we were all talking about there? The Sal/Gematsu leaks. If they never asked Smashboards to shut it down before, it's probably because they were sitting back and laughing at our failed attempts. But now, after that leak? Maybe it was too close to home. Is that article still up on Gematsu?

If this is all true, I honestly point fingers at Marshal/Choir Men. That's the only character that is so random it just might be right, and now if NOJ is asking for it to be taken down, it means they didn't want that rumor going any further. (Which is stupid because it's already out there. People aren't going to just forget it.)

Edit: Just checked, the Gematsu article is still up and being discussed there. I wonder if Sal has had a request from NOJ to take it down. We should ask him. :D

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait, what this Nintendo of Japan cease & desist you're talking about?
Apparently that's the reason the Rumors and Leaks thread locked.
Though, to be fair. I'm not surprised. I think Serebii had a similar encounter.
Then again, those leaks were true.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's trolling you guys.

The truth is that people were dumb, so we nuked it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Just got my 500th like and the "I LOVE IT" trophy to go with it.

OF COURSE my 500th like had to be presented to a comment about a fever dream involving clowns peeing chocolate syrup... I am oddly amused by this set of events. In short, I got a trophy for talking about pee. Wonderful :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just got my 500th like and the "I LOVE IT" trophy to go with it.

OF COURSE my 500th like had to be presented to a comment about a fever dream involving clowns peeing chocolate syrup... I am oddly amused by this set of events. In short, I got a trophy for talking about pee. Wonderful :)
Look, it could be worse. We could've built a whole story around it.
I could think of one or two users that would if they could.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Highway hypnosis is when your consciousness focuses on two different tasks (one of which being driving correctly, in this case). Afterwards, you have no recollection of driving, but you performed the drive as per normal.

It's happened to me once on the way home from school, which is a 20 minute drive full of curved roads and stop signs.

Upupupupu... Why, hello there.

A-Are you gonna start the Smash Bros of Mutual Killing or something? Again :c
Did you take over Nintendo as part of your Despair plan?

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Ah, back when the Pokemon anime was good. Nowadays they have to revolve around unnecessary dead weight like Dawn and whoever the hell the 6th Gen Gym Leader is. :rolleyes:
I don't think there was a point in time where the Pokemon anime was good.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
My friend says he is not getting Smash because there are too many Pokemon. I then promptly slapped him IRL and called him a ****ing moron. I am srs

pickle962

Smash Lord
My friend says he is not getting Smash because there are too many Pokemon. I then promptly slapped him IRL and called him a ****ing moron. I am srs
oh sh*t guyz we've got a badass prowling the streets! I fully expect this exceptional citizen of society to make us beg for mercy with Pikachu or that new critter greh something come summer! :p

D

Deleted member

Posting them here is okay because that's what people have been doing anyways. The Rumors thread was closed because it became a giant headache to manage where most people outright ignored warnings and infractions despite the work of multiple mods at any given time. Aside from the Palutena and Gematsu rumors, nearly all of them were ripped to shreds within minutes of being posted anyways so the topic was constantly off topic too. In the end, it just became better to nuke the damn thing to give the staff here some peace of mind and allow us to not waste a buttload of resources on a single thread.
What about the RosalinaX leak? There's still the possibility of inside drifting returning to MK8 tweaked as stated. If there's any other leak worth paying attention to, it's that one. For reference:

- Mentions forty-eight characters subjected to change (probably means forty-eight or less characters)
- Four cuts (which would be Ike, Snake, Ivysaur and Charizard)

Mind you, I'd hate for this to come true (and before anyone asked, I actually liked the Gematsu leak for the most part). No DK newcomer, Ike being replaced by Chrom (eww) and even the possibility of no Mewtwo (even with it and a retro character being hinted at) makes this a really undesirable leak.

That said, I feel as threads for the RosalinaX leak and the Gematsu leak should be made as those are the only one I could see happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

pickle962

Smash Lord
I just check the so called gematsu ssb4 leak, and I honestly DOUBT characters like your Mii or the guyz from that obscure Nintendo game elite beat agents or whatever its called will be made playable characters! Then again, no one asked for the wii fit trainer either...but still!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just check the so called gematsu ssb4 leak, and I honestly DOUBT characters like your Mii or the guyz from that obscure Nintendo game elite beat agents or whatever its called will be made playable characters! Then again, no one asked for the wii fit trainer either...but still!
Rhythm Heaven isn't exactly obscure. Just not as well known.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I decide to make a Youtube account.
And I instead get the most convoluted set-up making said account.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
yeah I feel ya, I recently started using my old youtube channel again and long story short, F8CK Google+ and their unneeded Bullsh*t!
Here's the issue.
All I want to do is just make a account with a simple username.
But God forbid I want to name myself "MisterVideoGaming" or something like that.

So, whenever I'm on Youtube, I'm now called "Bob McName".
Clearly the best of the Bob clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom