• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
This game truly knows how to hype me up. Thank goodness they replaced the trainer for freakin Greninja and Charizard alone. This is sick.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hey, I remember you used to come to this thread. :3

-----------

I'll admit the last forum I used to go to was a pony one. In the pony forum, many people were friendly, if you quoted someone they most likely responded some way, and people gave everyone huggles.

On smashboards, it seems hard to have a friendly discussion with someone. If it is even a discussion, it is a debate. If you quote someone, they more likely leave you standing there without a response. No one even returns my huggles. :(

Really, the main thing that bothers me about this community is how easy it is not to get a response of any kind. I mean, if I said something dumb, I want to be told that, (in a nicer way mind you), so that I can at least improve.

The main reason this bothers me so much is because there are so many people here who would be great to be friends with, but it makes me feel like I'm acting like an idiot to them...

Thats not to say the community is bad. It just bothers me...

Just wanted to get that off my chest...
Sometimes there just isn't any point replying to someone who quoted you. Because there isn't really anything to say.

Like, take this post that quoted me;

Oh god your avy... I'm not worthy to gaze upon the funyarinpa's true beauty.
I didn't see much point in rpelying to it cause it was fine stand-alone, I did end up liking it though.

As for the hugging. Nah. I'm only willing to hug girls. :L

This dance <3 Villager will be the best confirmed look at those dance moves.
Xemnas is still best dancer.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, we have Sonic, Mega Man and Bandai Namco items... What's this? Project X Zone?
No, THIS IS SMASH BROS!!!

This game truly knows how to hype me up. Thank goodness they replaced the trainer for freakin Greninja and Charizard alone. This is sick.
Solo Charizard was a prediction of mine. It feels gooooooddd to be right. :seuss:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm almost worried about the Ice Climbers at this point, clearly Olimar and the transformation characters were limited because of the 3DS. On the other hand.... we DO have Rosalina and Luma.

Wario, Metaknight, Ice Climbers and probably one of the Earthbound kids will be starters, so we still have a few characters to go.

What does everyone think the "hiring for Smash 6" at Namco was about now that we know the game will release this year? Still kind of holding out hope for DLC, might be the only way we get certain veterans.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I doubt it was because of the 3DS version. If only because Rosalina.
The transformations almost have to be, Sakurai himself said that some characters would be limited because of the 3DS version. I also feel like there is a very little reason to get rid of the number of Olimar's Pikmen, he could have had a new recovery and still retained the old number.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I'm almost worried about the Ice Climbers at this point, clearly Olimar and the transformation characters were limited because of the 3DS. On the other hand.... we DO have Rosalina and Luma.

Wario, Metaknight, Ice Climbers and probably one of the Earthbound kids will be starters, so we still have a few characters to go.

What does everyone think the "hiring for Smash 6" at Namco was about now that we know the game will release this year? Still kind of holding out hope for DLC, might be the only way we get certain veterans.
if it helps there case ice climber enemies and item has been shown.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The transformations almost have to be, Sakurai himself said that some characters would be limited because of the 3DS version. I also feel like there is a very little reason to get rid of the number of Olimar's Pikmen, he could have had a new recovery and still retained the old number.
I doubt it, in all honesty. I think the lack of transformations have more to do with making the characters more individualizes and not having to rely on the other. And considering the extent of Luma. Olimar having 6 Pikmion shouldn't be all that worse, if it even is worse. I thought Sakurai said why he changed it to 3 in the video. Maybe he didn't though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I'm just now realizing we're extremely close to seeing the final starting roster for Smash 4.

If Smash 3DS does indeed release as early as Summer 2014 that means we only a have a few more months left. If we continue the trend of 1 character revealed per month + E3 then we're looking at maybe 6-7 characters revealed between now and E3 (it's safe to say that E3 will reveal mutliple characters like what was done with the recent Direct).

All of the Brawl vets we still have yet to see (plus Mewtwo):
Wario
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
ROB
Meta Knight
Falco
Wolf
Falcon
Jiggs
Ike
Ness
Lucas
G&W
Snake
Mewtwo
Squirtle (cut)
Ivysaur (cut)

Looking at the choices left I'd say Meta Knight, Wario, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo will be the vets revealed between now and release (plus a few more newcomers) while the rest will most likely be unlockables.

BUT I DO however think there will be a few more cuts since Sakurai has shown he is indeed willing to cut when necessary. I have no idea who it could be but my best guess would be some combination of Lucas, Wolf, Ike, ROB, and Snake. I'd be shocked if it was anyone other than them.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I will admit.
There's still that optimistic side of me saying that maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur might still a thing.
Just now as separate characters.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I think Jiggly has pretty hard times to be in, too. If Jigglypuff is in and Mewtwo is out i'll be angry.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I will admit.
There's still that optimistic side of me saying that maybe Squirtle and Ivysaur might still a thing.
Just now as separate characters.
There's still a very very small possibility, but once you look at the facts and realize Squirtle's niche as a water starter is already taken by Greninja and Ivysaur has no chance of getting her own slot over Jiggs/Mewtwo it's hard to see it as a possibility.

I think Jiggly has pretty hard times to be in, too. If Jigglypuff is in and Mewtwo is out i'll be angry.
That's most likely the case, they would not cut someone of the original 12.
In my opinion both of them will make it in. Jiggs is a staple and Mewtwo is far too requested not to come back.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And they wouldn't cut the main protagonist of Pokemon but we saw how that worked out.
To be fair. There's multiple protagonists.
And honestly, they didn't. Charizard's still here.

There's still a very very small possibility, but once you look at the facts and realize Squirtle's niche as a water starter is already taken by Greninja and Ivysaur has no chance of getting her own slot over Jiggs/Mewtwo it's hard to see it as a possibility.
For one, Squirtle and Greninja are two completely different characters.

And to be fair, we could just bunch the three up into one slot. They don't have to have three different slots.
You just pick one of the three for the match. Simple.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To be fair. There's multiple protagonists.
And honestly, they didn't. Charizard's still here.
Charizard is not the main Protagonist of Pokemon.
I predicted that the Pokemon Trainer would get cut, he was a triple changer.
And I'm predicting that Jiggs will be cut, Sakurai has shown that there is obviously no sanctity anymore, PT was on the front cover of Brawl and he was a starter.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Transformations during battle are out.

PT has three.

Sakurai said no so hard to that ****.

BTW, Link's "new" uair is the ****tiest looking thing (to me).

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Incoming Pokemon trainer as a standalone character where his only move is the Poke Ball item.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Charizard's new sideb has potential. (Unless it's his downB). I wonder if the direction he goes in is controllable.

I don't know much about Pokemon so I assumed the name of it was Flame Tackle, but someone else told me it might be something else.

Edit: Holy **** he knocks himself down for using it on hit. If what I saw was correct. It must be really powerful.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Transformations during battle are out.

PT has three.

Sakurai said no so hard to that ****.

BTW, Link's "new" uair is the ****tiest looking thing (to me).
I read your name as ThatGutYouMightKnow. :L

We showed them, huh?

So who will be the last two Poke Reps? Jiggs and Mewtwo?
I think there will only be one more Pokemon rep. Either Jiggs or a Grass starter.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never said that.
What I did say is Charizard was part of Pokemon Trainer.
So, in a way. Yes, he's still here.
He's not in the background commanding him now is he? Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't there now are they? Charizard was not the main component of the Trainer, regardless of how popular he is. Leaving just Charizard is nothing but a cop-out.
Say what you want, but I still believe Jigglypuff is staying for good.
I think there will only be one more Pokemon rep. Either Jiggs or a Grass starter.
It's either Jiggs or Mewtwo at this point, and I'm not holding my breath for Jiggs.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He's not in the background commanding him now is he? Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't there now are they? Charizard was not the main component of the Trainer, regardless of how popular he is. Leaving just Charizard is nothing but a cop-out.
One, we don't know exactly that they are cut.
We're just jumping to conclusions like always.

Two, yes he isn't.
He's one of them. The others being Squirtle and Ivysaur. PKMN Trainer was just to batch them all up.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
While Charizard may have been a 'cop out' per-say, he's still an extremely popular Pokemon.

I read your name as ThatGutYouMightKnow. :L

Jiggs is in the most danger, granted, but why not 6 reps? Brawl had six.

Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario, PK Trainer (+3).
It's either Jiggs or Mewtwo at this point, and I'm not holding my breath for Jiggs.
I'm glad and sad at the same time... that is, if Jiggs is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom